[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

6 hours ago, seabysea18 said:

Me too. Another week of anxiously waiting. I need to stop rewatching my favorite scenes. 

What are your favorite Mr. Sunshine moments/scenes?  

My favorite are the hugs, AS’s hilarious “come here” at the US legation, fishing date, the bakery proposal and the train love confession scene.  I also love DM grabbing AS’s skirt in ep 4 (?) I know it was kind of wrong but that scene was breathtakingly beautiful with the rain drops, the music and the intensity from both actors. 

Shoe wearing, boat scene, photographing scene, train confession + ring wearing , jail scenes, apothecary  hug scenes XD

• Like 4

9 hours ago, seabysea18 said:

What are your favorite Mr. Sunshine moments/scenes?  

There are really so many but some of mine that I can remember right now.. from the earlier episodes..

1. Eugene and Ae Shin's first boat date

2. When Eugene told Ae Shin about his slave background -- a serious scene but the frozen river & mountain visual was amazing (yep, it's all VFX but still a lovely background) plus KTR looked super pretty in her winter hanbok.

3. When Eugene went to the valley to look for his parents' grave and he met Gunner Jang at the mountainside grave

4. When Ae Shin was returning the stolen gun and she was caught red-handed by EC and Domi. The scene before when SG told AS to return the gun was funny, too.

5. Sumi came to see EC about the document hidden in the baby's blanket

6. EC and Gunner Jang in sniper mode in the revenge plan against Lee See Hoon.

Ah.. it's endless.. there're so many.. we can all go on and on.. :lol: makes me want to  re-watch these scenes now.

Another most-loved character on MR.SUNSHINE.. the gentle rebel who became the Emperor's beloved guard.

Art by Ruro

• Like 8

PPL moment.....I love her bag :wub: This bag really featured in many scenes in episode 21 and it fits well in the story and is not too jarring. Example of PPL that is well executed with this one.

But the jackpot for PPL must go to Lovecat Bijoux with their couple rings. They really hit the jackpot here. I love the rings and the proposal scene and train confession scene with the rings. Totally an integral part of the story. 

Not sure how the financials for PPL actually work or whether TVN or the production company would reap the financial benefits. But certainly hope TVN and Mr Sunshine production company achieve financial success to at least recoup the huge investment they had made in this drama.

• Like 6

I love Mrs. Choi's handbag as well, lovely design and sweet color. :wub: It's simple yet so perfect for her, to hold and run with. :lol:

@charray you were asking this before. Today, Lee Byung Hun has started his official IG.. with the first photo of Eugene studying his script. It hasn't been verified yet but his agency had highlighted this account.

Photo: LeeByungHun

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@rubie Oooh!! That running towards the firworks is simply scintillating. Thanks for posting the link.

Also, for those interested in tonight's special, do check out this instagram account:  mrsunshine_thirtybutseventeen

Spoiler

Spoiler Alert: Looks like there are two scenes  from E23/24 shown in this clip:

That Eugene and Hwang Eun San scene better not be cut from next two episodes.  Eugene is wearing his cap, he looks fine, his coat and shirt are not covered in blood - could this be a scene before he heads to Glory Hotel  at the end of E22? Or is this scene yet to be shown? Or is it deleted already and we are getting a glimpse of it in this special episode. So many questions.

Most important spoilery scene - very quick frame of the young noble soldiers dressed in Japanese military uniforms and they're inside the train.:open_mouth::scream:

Edit: One more, immediate aftermath of the Glory Hotel bombing+Eugene's VO:

More and more I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that Eugene is the one who will die :(

• Like 6

Some of my fav scenes

- when Haman said that Confucius's words make her sleepy

-when mr. Haengrang told Haman that he will buy her anything she wants.

Thats true love.

- when those people from the train gave the description of that japanese soldier.

- the nice scene when EC and AS talked over the garden wall, and he told her that

she looks brave with short hair

- the first meeting between DM and EC.

The best always recognize eachother.

• Like 7

Haven't seen anyone upload the E23 preview, so here it is.

All credit to Sadgasna

Also, how cruel are they? They show Dong Mae rescuing Hina, they show even more DM/KN scenes (which Iwholeheartedly welcome)  but the sadists at TVN know exactly what to not show at all - and that is any EC/AS scene. UGH!!!

There's a quick shot of Eugene shooting Japanese soldiers in the hospital - is it where he takes AS in the first place? Dammit!! I am going to be so pissed if AS is unconscious and out of action for most of the episode.

Towards the end of the promo, we have Eugene saying , (and I got this translation from  a fan on twitter) - "You go save your Joseon and I will save you."  Right before he says this, we have a very short dialog by AS and no one has translated it . I would really appreciate it if someone here helps us out by transcribing the preview. Ahem!! Yo,  @mistymorning , where you at? :)

"You go save your Joseon and I will save you." 

The pit in my stomach grows deeper.  Looking more and more likely that Eugene will end up sacrificing himself to save Ae Shin. I keep going back to that spoiler pic from many, many days ago - Ae shin in Western clothes at the train station - why is she alone? Where is Eugene?

• Like 6

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Ep23 on September 29th
3 hours ago, mistergenie said:

Towards the end of the promo, we have Eugene saying , (and I got this translation from  a fan on twitter) - "You go save your Joseon and I will save you."  Right before he says this, we have a very short dialog by AS and no one has translated it . I would really appreciate it if someone here helps us out by transcribing the preview. Ahem!! Yo,  @mistymorning , where you at? :)

Ok, let me try translation for this one, this seems to be last segment of whole preview.

scene: Japanese military running at night. DM running with HN on his back. 

Voice: We'll find the culprit at all costs!

scene: Japanese military invading Joseon people's house

scene: In the hospital, EC holding one man as shield and shooting 2 Japanese soldiers.

Eunsan's voice: Those who're selling our country are not risking their lives, but we 're risking our lives to protect it.

scene: Eunsan checking the dead on street, who might be Seunggu.

scene: RA walking thru the wood, at night

Emperor's voice: I don't wish for them to return, I just wish for their survival.

scene: Showing Hadrio brothers with all people in RA, walking.

scene: showing Ito's face, seemingly troubled.

scene: DM inside house.

scene: DM fighting with a lot of ronins.

DM: Shall I live 10 days like a year, or die like one.

scene: DM giving HN piggyback ride, on beach.

scene: HN, with signature smile.

scene: Japanese military killing Joseon people on street.

AS: All of Joseon is hell.

scene: EC searching for AS in front of the Glory Hotel

scene: women searching for their loved ones among the dead on the ground. I think the girl with the red dangie may be big sister of JDY's character?

EC's voice: You go save your Joseon. I'll save you.

scene: HS being arrested(?) by the Joseon police? ( they're in black suit)

scene: EC aiming his gun, behind the white.... curtain? sheet? 

I will add full one later~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Spoiler

Please tell me that after DM defeated a beach full of ronins then survived a blade slash by his Boss resulting in his falling in the ocean that he will not die in his own house battling more ronins. Before this drama ends, I need for DM & HN to at least share a moment as a couple.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mistergenie said:

"You go save your Joseon and I will save you." 

The pit in my stomach grows deeper.  Looking more and more likely that Eugene will end up sacrificing himself to save Ae Shin. I keep going back to that spoiler pic from many, many days ago - Ae shin in Western clothes at the train station - why is she alone? Where is Eugene?

Urg...they’d better not kill off Eugene after giving DM 9 lives and sparing HS from the temple massacre. I was led to believe that this writer did not want any of her lead characters to die. The title is Mr Sunshine so it will make no sense if the drama ends with his death. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mistymorning said:

Ok, let me try translation for this one, this seems to be last segment of whole preview.

scene: In the hospital, EC holding one man as shield and shooting 2 Japanese soldiers.

Eunsan's voice: Those who're selling our country are not risking their lives, but we 're risking our lives to protect it.

Emperor's voice: I don't wish for them to return, I just wish for their survival.

scene: women searching for their loved ones among the dead on the ground. I think the girl with the red dangie may be big sister of JDY's character?

I will add full one later~

Eugene at Hospital? Hmmm, could be looking for medicine to treat AeShin that got injured from the explosion.

New FMV!!

• Like 7

Wondering if HN is hurt and needs to hide, if DM would take her to the nuns who cared for and protected her mother. The beach where the piggyback scene in the ep23 preview appears to be the same location where DM & HN walked in ep21 after HN visited where her mother died and is buried. This waiting is driving me crazy so my mind is developing all kinds of theories. 

• Like 7

4 min preview 

scene: sitting beside someone's grave, Eunsan and Eugene talking, Eunsan is drinking beer <- I don't find this scene in the instagram though.

Eunsan: But what they added, will collapse easily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scene HN in DM's house, HN is hanging nice looking art works around the room.

DM: Dream a different dream, beginning from tomorrow. Do not live as Lee Yangwha, nor Kudo Hina. Carry a powder in your bag instead of a gun. Hang a nice artwork on the wall instead of fencing swords.

scene: rough looking DM looking around the same room, with smile but teary eyed.  

DM's voice: Meet a good guy, dream a normal life with no need to cry and no need to bite. 

DM sitting in the same room. crying

DM's voice: The bad guys are supposed die early, so that the good guys can live longer.

Beach scene, HN looks up anxiously DM. Hugging DM. DM gives a piggy back ride to HN

HN's voice: I'll be badder than you. Do not die earlier than me.

scene: DM walking away with HN on his back.

scene: It's raining. Eunsan, RA people and Eugene's in the wood. Eugene gives wooden box to Eunsan.

EC: I'm returning what's Joseon's to Joseon.

Eunsan grasping Eugene's hands with box.

Eunsan: Outlander is the commander of 4th platoon.

scene: Japanese soldiers killing Joseon soldiers who're without weapon. HS is taking pictures from the top of the building.

scene : HS developing photos. One of them is all the people of Glory hotel with HN in the middle, smiling.

HS's voice: All of you were an honor to my useless life.

scene: showing AS's wanted poster.

AS's voice: Yesterday seemed like a distant past, today felt unfamiliar, and tomorrow was terrifying. It was a time of turbulence.

AS running in the wood, HN with blood on her face, tear falling, in DM's arm. DM,HS with bloodied face. Eugene's on door way, bending over. We can see blood on his wrist and chest area.

AS's voice: All of us, each in our own ways, were living thru the rapidly changing times of Joseon.

scene: RA people gathering on the low hill.

scene: Joseon Flag with lot of bloody palm prints and names, flying.

scene: AS and HN running from Glory hotel, escaping. EC and DM watching. Glory hotel explodes and AS and HN seems to be caught up in the flame. 

From street, HS looking back at the explosion, surprised. Some blood spattered on his face. 

EC and DM running to Glory Hotel to find AS and HN. EC searching all over.

EC's voice: I'll devote the rest of my life( to this cause).

For each and every step I took...

I clung to a vain hope.

Just keep her alive.

Just for that reason alone,

I will go like the wind.

Edited by mistymorning
changed ES's first line, because I saw better sounding clip
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

If HN dies before she and DM can share any type of happiness together, I’m going to be very mad. I can only pray the teary eyed DM doesn’t mean HN has died. Please nooo! I love EC & AS together but please let DM & HN finally realize they are soulmates too. 

• Like 8

@mistymorning Thanks so much for the detailed translation of the preview(s), we're so indebted to you! Was feeling a bit downhearted seeing the scene of ES checking out a covered body on the roadside (it looked like someone wearing a suit/uniform) and then it makes sense when you mentioned SG. The recent clips of the clashes and explosions have thrown our senses & emotions all over the place to think rationally. :wacko: Indeed.. that's right, he's like a son to ES, one that he took care after SG lost his father. ES was visibly shocked when the baker told him about SG being killed in the clash with the Japanese troops at the palace. It's definitely ES going out of hiding to get SG's body, the latter had no one claiming him. And the part about ES and EC talking by a grave, could be after SG's burial. It's good to see that both men had reconciled after what happened.. there're not many of them and more than ever, every person counts.

Anyway, will there be another segment of Gun, Glory, Sad Ending (like part 2) aired tonight? Found this Chuseok preview at tvN IG.. it has LBH's movie being aired but there also snippets about MR.SUNSHINE (on the second clip) being aired on 9/24-9/26. Are they showing re-runs or something else?

In the meantime, dear mistymorning, wishing you a very Happy Chuseok with your family! Chuseok jal ji nae sae yo!

chuseok2.gif

Clips: tvN

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1