[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

39 minutes ago, charray said:

Kim Min Jae will make a special appearance in last episode. Another new character appearing in the last episode. Fans in Aeibo are speculating if he will be the offspring of one of the characters maybe Ae Shin and Eugene or Hui Seong and the former noble lady that he met?

More details here

I will wager that it is EC/AS' kid.

I am beginning to think that Eugene will be a goner by the end. It is 1907 now and EC/AS reunite, maybe writer does another 2-3 yr jump to to incorporate total annexation, we find out they married and have a kid or AS is pregnant, stuff goes down, EC dies, AS escapes.

6 minutes ago, rubie said:

At a glance (on twitter if not mistaken) I read that he might be appearing as the last Emperor of Korea, Sunjong(?).

Hope @mistymorning can enlighten us on this, thanks in advance!

Ah! Just saw your post. I will take this rather than another flash forward far into the future showing a kid of EC/AS.

But I am wary of speculation about him being the last Emperor  - why? because the same speculation happened when that young actor was cast as one the young noblemen that Eugene sponsors/mentors.

• Like 1

@mistergenie Yeah.. can't say for certain about the last-episode cameos, because we really don't know about the drama.. even after 22 episodes.. like, what is really happening. :wacko: Kinda wish that they'd film it to a 30-episode drama since 50 would be too long. At least.. more of the (unaired) scenes could be shown to make the drama even better. Anyway.. it's just a silly wishful thinking. It'll be hard to let go..obviously.. th_sad010.gif

Looks like MR.SUNSHINE is no longer at No.1 of the Buzzworthy list from the Korean media updates posted late tonight. Well, good things doesn't last forever. Perhaps, by tomorrow we'll see the English news to read. -_-

Anyway, some light-hearted caricatures of the main characters in doggie version, illustrated by a cat lover. 176.gif

Art by psychofass

• Like 8

Hmm... I keep thinking of that piece of land. 

Despite EC being a US citizen, he does own a land in Joseon Korea. I understand that he had asked for that mountain so that the servants who were buried there would have a place to rest, undisturbed, their graves unspoiled, but that still means that he has a place that is his.  Is there a possibility that that's where they will hide for some time... maybe before going back to the US? (I don't know what to think here, because part of me isn't convinced AS and EC will leave Korea, despite the upcoming Japanese annexation...).

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, rubie said:

At a glance (on twitter if not mistaken) I read that he might be appearing as the last Emperor of Korea, Sunjong(?).

Hope @mistymorning can enlighten us on this, thanks in advance!

Well, article doesn't say anything about his role. People are speculating whether it'll be last emperor, or grown-up Domi. :)

46 minutes ago, rubie said:

There's also the good news of MR.SUNSHINE topping the list of most favorite Korean dramas in Gallup Korea (September?) survey via  Korean media article. Hopefully there will be updates in English on this, a soompi-news highlight would be wonderful but this drama doesn't seem like a good topic to write about.

Yes, this is truly wonderful news!

And about the preview(for either later episode, or special), I trust no one. :ph34r:

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Hmm... I keep thinking of that piece of land. 

Despite EC being a US citizen, he does own a land in Joseon Korea. I understand that he had asked for that mountain so that the servants who were buried there would have a place to rest, undisturbed, their graves unspoiled, but that still means that he has a place that is his, and where the RA used to go to honor their fallen own, too.  Is there a possibility that that's where they will hide for some time... maybe before going back to the US?

Are they not two different places? The mountain that Eugene got and the graveyard? I am sure they are different - when Eugene go it he had a Voice Over which said: Should I build a house here? Why would he think of building a house on a graveyard?

Also, the graves were unspoiled and peaceful even before Eugene knew of the place, so why would he ask for that place to keep it peaceful and unspoiled?

Is there a possibility that that's where they will hide for some time... maybe before going back to the US?

Possible. Hopefully.

13 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Well, article doesn't say anything about his role. People are speculating whether it'll be last emperor, or grown-up Domi. :)

And about the preview(for either later episode, or special), I trust no one. :ph34r:

Surely they will not show any new scenes in the special episode, right? So it has from E23.

Ah! So we have, grown up DoMi, last Emperor and future kid of protagonists  as possibilities. One of them correct or all of them wrong.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Are they not two different places? The mountain that Eugene got and the graveyard? I am sure they are different - when Eugene go tit he had a Voice Over which said: Should I build a house here? Why would he think of building a house on a graveyard?

Also, the graves were unspoiled and peaceful even before Eugene knew of the place, so why would he ask for that place to keep it peaceful and unspoiled?

The valley was the dumping ground for dead slaves, so that's where Eugene's parents are. Graveyard we saw where Hunter Jang's maintaining was for the dead from past wars(with US and Japan). They seem to near, but not the same place.

For that voice over, that's the valley. (And that voice-over and the scene made me cry.. every time).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

The valley was the dumping ground for dead slaves, so that's where Eugene's parents are. Graveyard we saw where Hunter Jang's maintaining was for the dead from past wars(with US and Japan). They seem to near, but not the same place.

For that voice over, that's the valley. (And that voice-over and the scene made me cry.. every time).

Ah! Thanks for the correction. That VO scene was indeed quite emotional.

@lilyphenix , my apologies. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mistergenie said:

Are they not two different places? The mountain that Eugene got and the graveyard? I am sure they are different - when Eugene go it he had a Voice Over which said: Should I build a house here? Why would he think of building a house on a graveyard?

Is there a possibility that that's where they will hide for some time... maybe before going back to the US?

Possible. Hopefully.

Thank you for clarifying about EC's land. I was unsure about it, because he made that request soon after visiting his parents' unknown grave, I think. I did find it odd he'd build next to a graveyard. I'm curious to know where his land is located, though...

Just saw @mistymorning's reply as well. Thank you for helping understand the land situation better. :)  

@mistergenie, no apology needed, chingu. It was easy to get confused... ;) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rubie said:

@mistergenie Yeah.. can't say for certain about the last-episode cameos, because we really don't know about the drama.. even after 22 episodes.. like, what is really happening. :wacko: Kinda wish that they'd film it to a 30-episode drama since 50 would be too long. At least.. more of the (unaired) scenes could be shown to make the drama even better. Anyway.. it's just a silly wishful thinking. It'll be hard to let go..obviously.. th_sad010.gif

Looks like MR.SUNSHINE is no longer at No.1 of the Buzzworthy list from the Korean media updates posted late tonight. Well, good things doesn't last forever. Perhaps, by tomorrow we'll see the English news to read. -_-

Anyway, some light-hearted caricatures of the main characters in doggie version, illustrated by a cat lover. 176.gif

Buzzworthy not a good gauge =P

Most of the viewers of Mr. Sunshine encompasses 30-40 of age. Most of them are busy with works instead of making fuss online. hehe

Viewership rating = Everything!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The flour proposal was one unexpected scene. :wub: Simply beautiful & meaningful scene, very nicely presented. Though not quite original, the shoe scene (ep16) is another bittersweet beautiful moment shared by the couple. I think.. I hope.. there will be a kiss scene in ep23.. just not 'planned'.. as usually expected.

Source: Lovcat Bijoux

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rubie said:

The flour proposal was one unexpected scene. :wub: Simply beautiful & meaningful scene, very nicely presented. Though not quite original, the shoe scene (ep16) is another bittersweet beautiful moment shared by the couple. I think.. I hope.. there will be a kiss scene in ep23.. just not 'planned'.. as usually expected.

Flour, shoe wearing, photoshooting, aeshin lean on Eugene, the jail hug......!! 

DnbaVdOU0AAvLOU.jpg
DnRmONJUYAEaPYA.jpg

Spoiler

DnNC8IuUwAIVSkp.jpg

Dnbc_FFVAAARVIc.jpg

DnbcLmZUcAALuVD.jpg

DnJhsAuUcAAE0sz.jpg

source:@AlatusDeus 

DnRmkb3VsAATFIS.jpg
DnRmlG7VAAE5T2u.jpg

DnRo9ZVW4AAhTWD.jpg

DnRo91UXsAAgCjL.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, charray said:

Kim Min Jae will make a special appearance in last episode. Another new character appearing in the last episode. Fans in Weibo are speculating if he will be the offspring of one of the characters maybe Ae Shin and Eugene or Hui Seong and the former noble lady that he met?

More details here

He might also be a grown-up Do-Mi.

• Like 2

The weekly behind-the-scenes footage have been released as usual ~

Actors Park Jung Min and Lee Byung Hun reunited in the 22nd episode of MR.SUNSHINE. PJM who appeared as Korean Independence Activist Ahn Changho, had a scene with Choi Yu Jin/Eugene Choi upon his release from prison. Prior to MR.SUNSHINE, the 2 actors were in the 2018 movie, Keys to the Heart.

Clip: Sadgasna

Clip: Chungmuro Crumb

• Like 1