[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Can we just time-jump to episode 21 instead? th_sad011.gif

Hide contents

Gunner Jang .. th_sad004.gif all alone by himself.. 

Hide contents

Who bombed Glory Hotel? Did HS and HN escape? th_sad005.gif

Contact the writer of this drama. She seems an expert in radical time jumps.

Spoiler

He was alone but he went out a hero.

I think the bomb must have been placed by Ae Shin and/or her fellow RA members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to take another look at that pic that was posted many, many pages ago, the one where Ae Shin is in Western clothes surrounded by two or three supposedly 'Japanese' soldiers (there's high probability that these soldiers are the three Joseon boys that Eugene mentored in Joseon military school). I don't know about you guys, but between the time jump and the dire situation of Joseon, I think, AS/EC fleeing to America is back on the table as a viable option. But AS is alone in that pic, so it could also mean a tragic end to EC.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Ok,  I don’t understand what happened at the consulate in Japan. The head of the consulate was not supportive of his compatriots. Also, the wife of an American should get the citizenship by marriage. Why this was not taken into account?  Why Eugene was convicted of treason? The judge didn’ t accept his explanation. Why? He was chased by gansters and so missed the ship. Who can said the opposite? The soldiers at the consulate saw the gangsters. It makes no sense to me.

• Sad 2

Just now, marfisa said:

Ok,  I don’t understand what happened at the consulate in Japan. The head of the consulate was not supportive of his compatriots. Also, the wife of an American should get the citizenship by marriage. Why this was not taken into account?  Why Eugene was convicted of treason? The judge didn’ t accept his explanation. Why? He was chased by gansters and so missed the ship. Who can said the opposite? The soldiers at the consulate saw the gangsters. It makes no sense to me.

Because he's the descendant of Joseon? Kyle tried to back him up......but to no avail...

• Sad 3

Episode 22 is a very intense episode with a time jump and so many major events happening. I am emotionally exhausted after watching it. Need more time to process and gather my thoughts before I can comment. It had been like that for the past few episodes which had been pretty intense.

But at least Eugene and Ae Shin had some sweet moments together. And after that, it was heartbreaking how they were separated indefinitely with no promise of when they can see each other again. It was also sad how Eugene went to jail for 3 years. He was also emotionally spent amd the ordeal took a toll on him and he looked visibly tired and weary. 

Reveal hidden contents

He was alone but he went out a hero.

I think the bomb must have been placed by Ae Shin and/or her fellow RA members.

Time to take another look at that pic that was posted many, many pages ago, the one where Ae Shin is in Western clothes surrounded by two or three supposedly 'Japanese' soldiers (there's high probability that these soldiers are the three Joseon boys that Eugene mentored in Joseon military school). I don't know about you guys, but between the time jump and the dire situation of Joseon, I think, AS/EC fleeing to America is back on the table as a viable option. But AS is alone in that pic, so it could also mean a tragic end to EC.

@mistergenie  I think this is the photo that you are talking about. Contrary to what we thought, writer sets her story beyond 1905 so it is 1907 where the Japanese soldiers had changed their uniforms now. Remember we spent so much time speculating about the soldiers uniforms. Yep, it looks like she is alone and going travelling somewhere.

Credit: @goblin_mrsunshine

And I like this new look of Eugene Choi, as much as that of Captain Eugene Choi when he is in his uniform.

55058DD4-9478-45C0-9A86-28EC3B6F4706_zps

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, charray said:

And I like this new look of Eugene Choi, as much as that of Captain Eugene Choi when he is in his uniform.

he is so handsome...so is 1907 and AS still has his ring...wow i hope they will meet again in ep 23...they so deserve some moments together!!!just two more ep???i already miss EC and AS!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

If, after all this heartbreak, separation and IMO, that utterly ridiculous time jump, they still give us a sorrowful conclusion or an ambiguous ending, then I am going to end up seriously resenting this drama.

@mistergenie I feel we're in the same boat as EC, how many times he has said he's resenting AS and yet falls harder for her :wub: We just love this show too much.

• Like 5

OMG ep 22! Thank goodness DM is alive. DM like the other orphans (AS, HK, EC & SG) are total bad a$$es and off the chart survivors. Now RA has lost SG (very sad - but died a hero like his father) but gained EC and DM. Two amazing swordsman/woman & two amazing sharp shooters. Now that’s power. No more Glory Hotel so HK & DM can fight side by side for the same cause as AS & EC. I hope DM & HK realize they are a perfect pair like AS & EC. No previews for EP 23 & two wks to wait. Well I guess I’ll just have to binge watch older eps to help the time pass and so the count down begins...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kansas424 said:

Because he's the descendant of Joseon? Kyle tried to back him up......but to no avail...

So, he was treated in a different way, harsly,  because of his origin... as usual. The head of the consulate and the judge were not fair nor righteous. Uhm.

• Like 7

Omo...omo...its all I can say until the subs are ready.

I can say this even without the subs.

That was a powerful and sparkly fight scene.

DM who is unstoppable, passing the japanese, and AS, taking the gun

and continuing  to shoot.

They were both perfect.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, marfisa said:

Writer needed an excuse for a long time jump, so voila!!

16 minutes ago, marfisa said:

So, he was treated in a different way, harsly,  because of his origin... as usual. The head of the consulate and the judge were not fair nor righteous. Uhm.

This is the more logical explanation. My jibe at the show writer is borne out of frustration. ;):)

• Like 3

Does anyone think DM’s gang will return to Seoul to fight beside their boss against the Japanese? Will Hotaru return and will HN kill her for her betrayal? Will AS’s father’s friend and mother’s cousin return to fight with the RA? Is there any news or confirmation that a season 2 will happen? I hope so because it is a superior drama.

• Like 7

Random thoughts on episode 22. I've only watched up to 38 minutes (duty calls!)

1) DM's glorious entrance to save AS, in warrior's mode... gives me hope...

2) AS is one dangerous lady, and she matters to a lot of people: it takes 3 powerful men, a super spy, an emperor and counting, to keep her alive...

3) DM to AS: "You save me like this every time." I think he means, "every time I think I'm about to die, you show up and give me a reason to keep going on...." (I'm thinking he's secretly thinking, "thank you for believing in me, AS.")

4) DM touched by the way the Japanese young man helped them, and wondering if he should have asked him about his hometown: he's not used to strangers treating him as friend, or to having friends. Relationship dynamics and loyalties in the Musin Society are different, and there's no camaraderie or equal-to-equal conversations there. He seemed moved... like it made him pause or something to be treated normally.

5) AS behavior toward DM, when she tells him she'll come pay him, and he better collect in person., made me realize she is the second woman (who hasn't betrayed him), that is asking him to stay alive (while he's all "I'm a bad guy, I'll die so you guys live longer!"). I don't know what his fate will be, but I've shed so many tears over this drama already, the writer is such a master at manipulating our emotions... I don't want to think of how this will all end. I'll need a big box of tissues for the finale for sure.

6) DM: please, don't die. :tears:

7) I'm 32 minutes in. Crazy hope theory: The Musin Boss can't lose face in front of his men. he can't show that he was impressed by DM's fight against the herd of guys he sent against him. He calls him "my son," so even though they're at odd right now, maybe there is a spec of dust of distorted fatherly affection there. Since he is THE boss, it means that his sword skills are far superior to anyone else, which means he can strike with the precision of a surgeon, which means if he wants, he could administer a non-lethal strike to DM, who falls in the ocean. To his men it looks as if he killed a traitor and he sends a strong warning to anyone else who'd think of taking that road. To DM, to whom he said "you now have something you cherish above else", maybe it's his way of giving him his freedom back, a way out of that life for good, by faking to kill him. This is a crazy theory... Don't mind me. Symbolic moment when the sword parts from his hand in the water: DM's no longer a samuraï, whether alive or dead.

Wait! Why is DM taking so much space in this post?? This wasn't supposed to be about him! :lol:

• Like 10

is there a 2 week wait for the last 2 episodes??? Netflix in US hasn't posted the 23 &24 yet.... OMG. I think i will need the 2 weeks to recover from this weekend's episodes! 

I was totally heartbroken when DM fell into the water and really thought he was a goner! So happy that he back. I got a little whiplash from the time jump. I would have preferred if they took a two minute montage to show some time lapse with EC in prison, his journey to NYC and AS living rough and going on missions, etc. Cried again when Gunner Jung finally fulfilled his destiny as a rebel and the comparison with the 1871 incident. Brilliant! 

I'm not sure I like the 'new' EC with his new calm attitude about all that's happened to him. He seems so broken and what is with the sloppy clothes? I get it in the scenes when he sees the RA Columbia student, he is fresh out of prison but the casual clothes and hair when he meets with Kyle seem out of character or too hard a push to show he inner changes...glad to see he perked up a bit for Kyle. 

However, the episode was jammed with actions and turning points and did not disappoint on the whole. Loved seeing HK shooting at the Japanese and visiting DM house and buying it. I think its a perfect set-up for a romantic coming together for those two (Out with Hiratu and in with HK!!) ...and if EC doesn't lay a huge wet kiss on AS when he sees her I give up!! 

• Like 9

Brilliant theory about the blow struck by the Boss against DM. I did think it was odd that a master samurai would not cut DM’s throat. Now do you have any ideas who saved DM from the sea? Did he save himself or did he have help like the potter’s apprentice or AS’s father’s friend/mom’s cousin? I also loved your insight into DM’s reaction to the potter’s apprentice and how the woman in his life want him to live. The forum is wonderful way to learn from others and see the same drama from different perspectives.  

• Like 7