[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

September 7, 2018

MR. SUNSHINE 12th OST by Shin Seung Hoon to be released 9/9

Source: Sports Donga

ms264.jpg

The 12th original soundtrack for the tvN drama MR.SUNSHINE by famous singer Shin Seung Hoon will be released on Sunday September 9, at 6pm by Stone Music Entertainment. The heartfelt song entitled 'Beautiful Like a Flame' represents the theme of star-crossed lovers Eugene and Ae Shin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@anipanchNice catch. Definitely looks like it will happen in E19. She has always valued the fact that she saved his life back in their childhood and even though she says she will kill him, we can safely say that she will never be able to do that.

@mistymorningThanks for the BTS link. Much appreciated

I am very curious about another scene from the latest BTS, right at the end which is between Eugene and Ae shin (at the 1.57-2.00 min mark) - this is the scene from when Ae Shin was at the US legation, right? Her hair also looks fine so this cannot be from the upcoming E19. Does it not seem like this scene was cut form E18 and we never got to see it? I am a bit grumpy about it because it looks like quite an emotionally sweet scene. Why would they cut it? Why? WHY? WHY?

@ChellseeDo the captions accompanying these pics say/hint anything about what the future episodes hold for these characters?

@rubie

If her own personal right as a woman is taken from her, isn't that too cruel.

THIS^^^^. Leave aside the excuse of protection. The act itself is first and foremost an assault on her and constitutes the stripping away of her agency and choice from her.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

@anipanchNice catch. Definitely looks like it will happen in E19. She has always valued the fact that she saved his life back in their childhood and even though she says she will kill him, we can safely say that she will never be able to do that

Won't she be able? Yeah probably... Anyway, what weirds me out, is the way AS always looks at DM. I know that she doesn't love him but she always has this weird sad look, I'm not sure why but she seems to care about him a lot and just saving his life in childhood seems like a not enough reason to me. I guess AS somehow regards him as a friend? She definitely has this soft spot for him for whatever reason...

• Like 1

One of Mr Sunshine filming site.

Credit: @channelnewsaudrey IG

The scenes below had not been aired yet. First one seems to be from the scene where Ae Shin is detained in the American Legation for questioning so it could have been a cut scene. So sad if it is true as fans had been looking for some sweet and happy moments between them. Second one and third one should be shown in episode 19.

What do you think?

CE3A5C6F-CF04-4517-BB05-8266D3E25E0E_zps86F61575-73F5-44DE-8CD2-7104D256517C_zpsD5C6F38A-E573-4EAA-AAB0-079DDD31CE20_zps

• Like 7

My dear Ae Shin, tomorrow is MR.SUNSHINE day.

Whatever happens, remember that I'm on your side

and I will always support you no matter what.

mrsun18_05.gif

EuShin planning a globe-trip

Spoiler

mrsun18_07.gif

Spoiler

mrsun18_08.gif

The Royal Joseon Staring Contest. 176.gif

Winner will be the Honorary member of Lady Ae Shin Fan Club. 

mrsun18_06.gif

• Like 8

@charray

In the BTS video released by tvN, that Eugene/Ae Shin scene is shown at the end as part of three different scenes (that you have linked in your post) - notice how these three scenes are devoid of the usual cameras/bloopers/laughs/crew etc that are present in all other usual BTS clips. So, we still have a tiny hope that the sweet EC/AS scene could air as part of a flashback.

BUT, if it really is a deleted/cut scene, I think it has less to do with feeling sad that such a scene was cut from the episode and more to do with feeling a tiny bit of anger/disappointment that they would even include such a deleted scene in the video. If they hadn't included it , we would have been blissfully unaware that such a scene was even shot in the first place and there would be no scope for sadness/outrage etc at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

At which point in their interactions do you think Eugene and Ae Shin fell in love?

1) Love at first sight during their first meeting.

315838DB-119D-48D8-A30C-F71B4DE326DB_zps

2) Second meeting when they identified each other as the sniper.

96F35B85-3FF4-4A1C-B307-509618CA3466_zps

3) During their boat ride.

B68FFF00-4CF2-4793-87E6-7B659FAC6D9E_zps

4) During their side by side walk

7B3AC05D-24C6-4002-BA51-6A1CBB421FB1_zps

5) Others

I think they fell in love during the boat ride. But Eugene only realised his feelings for her during their walk. I think Ae Shin realised her feelings for him after he shot himself in the arm to cover up for her during the confrontation with Japanese soldier.

• Like 5

@charray BOAT RIDE. DEFINITELY. End of E8: AS: Love is quite hard. EC: I should have never taken that boat ride.

Remember E10 when Eugene is writing to Joseph about going away from Joseon - he says that from the moment he met that woman, he has wanted to walk beside her. My take is that both of them were curious about the other from the moment they passed each other and smelled gunpowder. The interrogation/questioning at the legation after the shooting incident only served to heighten that curiosity. The boat ride sealed the deal, so to speak. After that, it is a slow dance of small gestures, inquisitive questions and displays of jealousy that give us, the viewers a look into their minds. The walk in E6 and Ae Shin questioning EC about whether he had given more thought about doing 'love' with her brought it more into the open for both of them and led to Eugene making the move at end of E6.

Agreed about Ae Shin realizing her feelings for him when he shot himself in the arm in E7 - I think she finally understood what Eugene really meant when he said he had destroyed himself.

• Like 5

Stills for Episode 19 are out and it looks like Grandpa Go is talking to both Eugene and Dong Mae about protecting Ae Shin. Hmm. Don't know yet how I feel about that. Maybe a little disappointed because this lends legitimacy to Dong Mae's shi**y actions. Will reserve further judgement until after episode airs.

• Like 4