[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Thougths - second theory

Haha, I think arrested Lord Go stay in arrest and Eugene take care of Go residence, servants, property, Aeshin. This conversation (if you want my silence, you have either kill me or trust me) maybe is in his room where argue Lord Go/AS/EC in ep 16 :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@charray  RE: Eugene tied up - Ooh! This is intriguing. Is that Lee Jeong Mun's side profile (in blue dress) in one of the pics? Did he order the arrest? The soldiers around Eugene - they're Joseon ones, right? The Japanese have a blue tinged uniform. But the red bands on their sleeves and caps are throwing me off and  making me think that they're Japanese soldiers.

• Like 3

Oh dear.. the preview and captures for tonight's episode doesn't look good for everyone. :unsure:Is someone making EC a scapegoat.. yet again? Even a job with the Emperor may not protect him and those close to him? Seeing EC tied up brought out a bad feeling that someone will be killed off.. not necessarily the ones shown in the preview. :sweatingbullets: Could be another tragic twist no one expected.

Beautiful Firefly..

• Like 4

@mistymorning can you stop calling DM calling him a stalker, he was locked up for a number of days and when he got out, he investigated and give help to grandpa's. And yet he is still branded as a stalker? He is actually very busy running his businesses which showed, when he got out of captivity, he had to cover a few places immediately. He doesn't spend all his time on AS.

Once I get fed up,  I might start attacking the botox face of EC?   if you don't like DM, just don't talk about him. Like I never talk about EC.

This is a bloody Lee byun Hun thread. I see now the Hotaru character actress is from his company too.

Goodbye.

1 hour ago, Seoulmemories said:

Once I get fed up,  I might start attacking the botox face of EC?   if you don't like DM, just don't talk about him. Like I never talk about EC.

This is a bloody Lee byun Hun thread. I see now the Hotaru character actress is from his company too.

Goodbye.

I'm sorry that Kim Yong Ji is from BH Entertainment. 

Last post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, rubie said:

I'm sorry that Kim Yong Ji is from BH Entertainment. 

Last post.

@rubie Oh! No! You are not quitting this thread too? . You had been the key person to keep this thread alive and we had enjoyed all the information and pictures and videos that you had shared.  Thank you for all your efforts. It will not be the same without you. Please reconsider. Don’t mind what others say as I cannot see what is the problem of Kim Yong Ji being from BH Entertainment. I think she is lucky as it is a good agency since it helped her to get such a good role for her debut.

Interesting that a dance school had also choreographed a dance using a most familiar OST from Mr Sunshine. Nice. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mistergenie said:

@charray  RE: Eugene tied up - Ooh! This is intriguing. Is that Lee Jeong Mun's side profile (in blue dress) in one of the pics? Did he order the arrest? The soldiers around Eugene - they're Joseon ones, right? The Japanese have a blue tinged uniform. But the red bands on their sleeves and caps are throwing me off and  making me think that they're Japanese soldiers.

Joseon soldiers (military uniform) and probably Lee Jeong Mun

1. EC got into trouble with his actions

2. Joseon wants to solve the problem with RA, they arrested RA members when they met?

Maybe the meeting and conversation EC-Lee Jeong Mun is a warning against something more dangerous (executions, pacification of partisans) and they be released or they only let go EC?

@rubie stay, ignore posts when necessary because there is no point in getting nervous . 

• Like 6

The king might have viewed the RA's action as contempt? 

WIth pressure coming from japaneese army, the king is forced to arrest the grandpa of AS and those involves with this movement.

EC might've prevented the capture, and paid huge price for his action. 

• Like 5

Just to add more heat to the fire, the actor Lee Byung Hun in my opinion cannot have had Botox, as his facial muscles are still moving. I came here because other places in which discuss this serie were not nice to the show itself as well as to the first lead. As I didn’t know any of the actors working in this production,  never heard of them before, included LBH, I cannot understand those who said someone else would fit better their parts. To me, all the actors, including the support actors, could not have been choosed better because them all are great at delivering their lines.  To conclude, I find also funny seeing that some people talk as the characters were real, or identifies the actors with their parts. Sounds so strange to me. I wish everyone enjoy  the show as I do.

• Like 14

@marfisa No offence, just my opinion. 

Mr. Sunshine is fictional series.

I know they are fictional heroes/characters and many events are made up but I have respect for sad/dark history and this series show this period. 

Perhaps this is a form of accounting for the past or an attempt to evaluate it. Sometimes directors of movies and series choose difficult topics.

• Like 6

While waiting for the airing of Mr Sunshine, here’s two fan-made MVs for your viewing pleasure. Hope that you like and enjoy them as much as I do. 

Credit: @CaptTamagochi

Captain Eugene Choi looked so suave, cool and badass here.

Credit: @supapitto T

• Like 5

@aurelionsol 

about the topic: I agree with you. I understand that this bit of history is still painful, and anything set in that time, even though fictional, may raise debates. My point of view is distant to that, I am sorry if I may sound insensitive in some way.  I came to watch asian productions because I like see something different than the usual American or European works.  I like watching shows with a different culture background.  I like also find out explanations for little things, like the the meaning of touching ladies feet in that time. I have been always fascinated with eastern colture. I believe it started with watching Shogun and the Japanese anime that were broadcast in Italy during the seventies.  Now I can watch more, thanks to netflix (no, I am not working for them, eheh) and I may be a bit too much enthusiasts, and forget that even if it is fiction, there may be issues related to real history  and people can be sensitive about it.

• Like 4

@rubie  Never surrender your voice :heart:For you and all here are unique...

Never-Give-Up-quote-1024x1024.pngfullsizephoto979774.jpg

Just as Mr Sunshine consists of many characters and one depending on the other to tell it's story so it is with a thread.  What makes a story like this rich, beautiful and inspiring.  Isn't just the words written on a page but also the passion in which the actors are able to deliver it's meaning.  Just as they are passionate in allowing us to see just that, so it is that we also are passionate in our reactions.  It takes each of us sharing, reading and writing to make a thread rich, beautiful and yes even inspiring.  No matter if its threads numbers are small or great it's the unique voices being heard through our fingertips that make the journey and experience worth it...

Just as they are each unique and needed in order to make this story work so it is with each of us here.  Our different, ideas, thoughts and voices heard through our words are unique and needed as well.  Just as AS shows her spirit in never surrendering either should ANY of us.  Yet with that thought comes the responsibility in respecting not just ones own point of view but truly in listening to others as well...

For there is a lot of beauty in others thoughts if only we are willing to open our minds and understand each other with our hearts...

:heart: