[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

2 minutes ago, rubie said:

:bawling: Fans are cursing KES now.. big spoiler... don't read.. 

Hide contents

Defenseless Mr. Haengrang and Ms. Haman killed by a firing squad in the middle of the road. Is that Japanese translator the big rat!?? :angry: He took the 'wanted pics' of the RA to someone..

Spoiler

Those deaths were so senseless. You bring them back from Shanghai to give them that treatment?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@mistergenie I think we are expecting "something more" but we also haven't seen the episode for ourselves. We got Eugene and Ae Shin together again.. we get to see more characters leaving their businesses/work to join the RA.. perhaps, the drama has reached the climax in eps 20-22 and now it's slowing down.. down into the darkness. Maybe the extra minutes of screening would be shown tomorrow night, during the finale to wrap up everything. I don't know.. we speculated the worst but didn't expect that it occurred this way instead

Spoiler

:tears: just so sad.. at all those senseless deaths.. it happened.. but so tragic.. indeed..

Farewell..

Spoiler

Glory Hotel & Fearless Heiress..

2018092901002320800186621.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Can anyone here help me, a complete ignorant, who can't tell the difference between languages - in the preview, we see Eugene sitting in front of a store, looking at a pic and crying. What is the language on the signs in front of that store?

We have a train journey in the finale, Ae Shin disguised in Western clothes, the young soldiers disguised in Japanese military uniforms, Eugene on the train and also Eugene with a bloody chest (https://imgur.com/a/8g68DtW ) on the train. I am expecting another time jump in the finale to 1909 - the year when Ito Hirobumi was assassinated.  He was killed as he arrived at Harbin Railway Station to meet a Russian representative to Manchuria. Could the train shown in the preview be the one going to Manchuria?

No AS in the preview but there's a very brief shot in the preview of a fair hand in what appears to be a white coat, wearing the ring - ( https://imgur.com/a/k7S0qHX ) the hand is too pretty and feminine to be Eugene's so it is definitely AS - what is interesting about this pic, is that behind this feminine wrist, is what looks like the elbow/part of the arm of someone else in a very light grey suit - that could definitely be Eugene  edit - I looked at it again and I don't think it is Eugene - it is just one person only, so most probably AS  - but mark this - I am 99% sure that this is again some fantasy and dream of either Eugene or AS as they lie(lay? what is correct here?) dying.  - edit - don't think it is a fantasy either because AS's wrist looks dirty and blackened on the bottom side - so this could be a part of a mission.

• Like 5

Ok after seeing episode 23 in raw btw and seeing the preview.. I will say it again if they die, they should die together.. No infinity war like BS ending or if they go to that route they should make season 2 pls or so help me I'm banning KES drama in my life 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I've yet to see the subbed episode of Ep. 23, but I share @rubie's and @mistergenie's thoughts in their quoted posts below:

2 hours ago, rubie said:

:bawling: Fans are cursing KES now.. big spoiler... don't read.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Defenseless Mr. Haengrang and Ms. Haman killed by a firing squad in the middle of the road. Is that Japanese interpreter the big rat!?? :angry: He took the 'wanted pics' of the RA to someone..

Bigger spoiler... the finale.. preview

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't appear that there's a longer broadcast tonight.. and our worst fears.. are coming true.. :bawling:

Spoiler

I'm speechless over Hanman's, Mr. Haengrang's, and HN's demises.:triumph::bawling:

As for the Ep. 24 preview, if that be so, then @aurelionsol will definitely not like what KES may have in store for AS and EC...:expressionless:

2 hours ago, mistergenie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Those deaths were so senseless. You bring them back from Shanghai to give them that treatment?

Hi @mistergenie

Talk about dangling a red herring towards the end of Ep. 19/beginning of Ep. 20...only to shoot our hopes down with this!:rage:

Here's my message for KES:

Spoiler

Related image

I get the senseless context of this inevitable Japanese annexation of Joseon Korea, but that doesn't lessen the shock or pain of watching more of our beloved characters- major and minor- die off in such cruel fashion!  Now that 

Spoiler

HN died after having confessed her love to the "crazy man who fell for AS and cheated death at least twice"

I dread whatever may happen to AS and EC (and HS, DM, and other characters) in the finale!!!!!!!! :mask::persevere:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

I'm just here to vent out to KES..

Spoiler

Damn KES for making me cry buckets, no, rivers of tears THROUGHOUT the drama. Not one single moment without tears..all the good people..all of them, the elders, the children, the good people we know, all gathering up on the stairways to heaven...:bawling::bawling: (HCY's song sort of complete the whole emotional bullet train I was in...huhuhuhuhuhu). Damn you KES..:bawling::bawling:

The only satisfaction I got from this episode was when the rickshaw man threw one of the traitors into the river...the most cruel and most horrible villains in any war are the traitors! chincca...

The preview....:bawling::bawling:

• Like 6

Last episode preview 1

https://tv.naver.com/v/4153648/list/261357

scene: sun above mountain scenery, probably from train.

scene: fool-moron-loser having a drink together. They're laughing and clinking their shots

EC voice: Thou we walk our own path, we'll reach the same place.

scene: Japanese soldier clubs HS's head. HS already tortured. spewing blood.  

scene: DM standing somewhere with both swords out.

scene: EC aiming his gun.

scene: AS and RA in front of her in mountain. Joseon flag with bloody handprints flying.

scene: Gwansoo crying out "Righteous army" in front of former-King Gojong. Gojong crying.

scene: showing Hwang Eunsan, Smith, others

scene: Train passing turnel.

scene: EC moving from train cars. passing Japanese soldier.

scene: EC's bloody hand, with bloodied chest area.

scene: somebody's hand with AS-EC ring, shirts seems to be AS's.

scene: EC sitting in front of Tokyo's photo shop, crying over their photo they took in episode 21.

EC voice: The last destination we'll reach, is probably somewhere between glory and sad ending.

preview 2

https://tv.naver.com/v/4153647/list/261357

All scenes are from the preview 1, but voice over is from AS.

AS voice: It was such a brilliant day. We were all flames, burned bright and turned to ashes. And we'll blaze up again.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Hi, guys! Can someone tell me was the OST that plays at the end of 21st episode already released?

I'm waitnig for it since the15th episode were I first heard it when Eugene was saying his last goodbey to his father Joseph. 

Hi Hwang Chi Yeul's "How Can I Forget" will be released tomorrow (Sunday) at 6 pm KST.

https://tv.naver.com/v/4143829

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Last episode preview 1

https://tv.naver.com/v/4153648/list/261357

scene: sun above mountain scenery, probably from train.

scene: fool-moron-loser having a drink together. They're laughing and clinking their shots

EC voice: Thou we walk our own path, we'll reach the same place.

scene: Japanese soldier clubs HS's head. HS already tortured. spewing blood.  

scene: DM standing somewhere with both swords out.

scene: EC aiming his gun.

scene: AS and RA in front of her in mountain. Joseon flag with bloody handprints flying.

scene: Gwansoo crying out "Righteous army" in front of former-King Gojong. Gojong crying.

scene: showing Hwang Eunsan, Smith, others

scene: Train passing turnel.

scene: EC moving from train cars. passing Japanese soldier.

scene: EC's bloody hand, with bloodied chest area.

scene: somebody's hand with AS-EC ring, shirts seems to be AS's.

scene: EC sitting in front of Tokyo's photo shop, crying over their photo they took in episode 21.

EC voice: The last destination we'll reach, is probably somewhere between glory and sad ending.

preview 2

https://tv.naver.com/v/4153647/list/261357

All scenes are from the preview 1, but voice over is from AS.

AS voice: It was such a brilliant day. We were all flames, burned bright and turned to ashes. And we'll blaze up again.

As always, thanks for the translations.

Looking more and more likely that we will get a tragic ending. Maybe the writer will throw in reincarnation by showing a future timeline where these characters meet again in different lives, but tbh, I just don't care about future different versions/lives of these characters - because these new characters wearing the same faces will not be the ones we spent time with and emotionally cared about for the past 24 episodes. How can we even begin to care about them?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

Hi Hwang Chi Yeul's "How Can I Forget" will be released tomorrow (Sunday) at 6 pm KST.

https://tv.naver.com/v/4143829

Thank you for the answer!

I thought they would release tomorrow the one that plays in episode 23 when Eugene drinks with Hwang Eun San. That was another beautiful OST that I really hope they will also release)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Thank you for the answer!

I thought they would release tomorrow the one that plays in episode 23 when Eugene drinks with Hwang Eun San. That was another beautiful OST that I really hope they will also release)

Welcome. That song you referred to is beautiful - does it sound a bit like Elaine's voice? From the description here,

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/64604637?scode=032&OzSrank=2.

Disc 2

26. Rise Again (Feat. Will Bug)  - Elaine

Unquote

My guess is that this won't be released as an OST.

HCY's song was played twice in Ep 23 today and much as I love HCY, I hope not to hear his OST in the final episode - do you hear me, KES?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

Welcome. That song you referred to is beautiful - does it sound a bit like Elaine's voice? From the description here,

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/64604637?scode=032&OzSrank=2.

Disc 2

26. Rise Again (Feat. Will Bug)  - Elaine

Unquote

My guess is that this won't be released as an OST.

HCY's song was played twice in Ep 23 today and much as I love HCY, I hope not to hear his OST in the final episode - do you hear me, KES?

Yup, I think that's the one! Well, at least they will release it in the  Full Original Sountrack Edition. I hope...

• Like 2

I was expecting something bad, but well, not that bad... even the preview is not encouraging at all...  for example, I believed the journalist would survive to tell the story, but it doesn’t seem so... this serie is going to re-enact for me the trauma of watching Rose  of Versailles, anime about French Revolution. I hope that at least, before the suicide mission to kill Hirobumi, they will have time to make real their wedding... there are 2 years to jump to that event. And, according to the preview... the reunion at the bar now looks more like to a Last Supper... 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, marfisa said:

.. there are 2 years to jump to that event. And, according to the preview... the reunion at the bar now looks more like to a Last Supper... 

i agree...i hope we will have more otp moments...they deserve some happiness...

• Like 7

Mr_Sunshine-SP-gun-glory-sad-ending.jpgMr.-Sunshine.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

After watching this latest episode and allowing those views to sink in of each character's life.   Those I through weeks had grown to smile with, cry with and even hope with.  Some coming to an unexpected end when it felt like two hands stretched out towards one another might be a sweet beginning... 

KES left no doubt or did she in anyway cover up the raw and real pain, suffering and cruelty that we humans place upon one another.  Neither did she leave out those emotions, ties and choices that connect us from the past to the future.  Every life touching other lives whether good or bad and those choices that are made that decide and reflect whom it is that we are...

Voices that can no longer be heard, bodies hanging, laying and that feeling of hopelessness and destruction seeming to be everywhere.  Yet in the midst of this story I am so moved by the courage, willingness and love that like a candle not even all the darkness or the enemies around these characters could put out...

For it is the human spirit that KES showed in this story of a land and it's people.  Who even in their imperfections and failures, separation of class and those wanting to be anything other than a part of whom they were born to be.  Still in the midst of all of that there was that small voice that called out to each of them. 

No matter the differences or how far one might have run in the past.  No matter the knowledge of life or death or what it might cost.

They each followed their own hearts in their own way which lead them all back within their hearts

to a land and a people they never really left...

Some can kill, destroy, take over and wipe out even believe they have won.  But it is that small voice within each person that belief, spirit and hope that an enemy can never put out or touch.

For there is always someone else whom will follow and has that light of hope within them too...

:heart:

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Finale: Tonight @ 21:00 KST

This penultimate episode is a thank you letter to the sacrifices the Righteous Army and our ancestors made for the freedom we take for granted today . :bawling:

Fighting for 20% Finale!

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Episode 13  8/18/18    13.327%

Episode 14  8/19/18    15.626%

Episode 15  8/25/18     12.893%

Episode 16  8/26/18   15.023%

Episode 17  9/1/18        7.694% *

Episode 18  9/2/18     14.722%

Episode 19  9/8/18      14.114%

Episode 20  9/9/18      16.500%

Episode 21  9/5/18    14.280%

Episode 22   9/6/18    16.588%

Episode 23  9/29/18   15.419%

* Pan Pacific Games 2018

Source

• Like 7

I feel emotionally drained already. How am I to survive tomorrow's episode?

* re-watching episode 23 for self torture...

thoughts on last scene of Hangrang abum and Hamank daek.

- the old sacrificing for the young.... (palanquin bearers are all old people, not usual young men, and also the acupuncturist who had trouble walking sacrificed himself first.)

- the light with blue-red fabric was traditionally used for wedding in Korea. Also Korean flag has blue-red taeguk in the middle.

- Hamandaek wearing her best hanbok(silk one) and Hangrang abum's clothing is the best one I saw from him.

- Hwang Eunsan stopped and looked back... remembering their sacrifices?

- These people wanted to say "come out and greet" because it's usually for yangban to call for servants, not for servants(slaves).

- realistically, I don't believe Hangrang and Haman daek had to die.... but it's effective making me cry.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7