[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

On 8/20/2020 at 7:48 AM, sumpit said:

Hi,

I binge-watched it last weekend, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think I got confused by all the deity names.

What I can conclude is that in the Heavenly Realm,basically, there are the emperor, immortals and fairies.

But then, there are also Lords and Masters, are they immortals too?

And who are the Supreme Immortals and the Great Immortals?

Anybody care to explain?

By the way, I refer to the English subs in Netflix.

LONG EXPLANATION AHEAD.....

Everyone in all The realm are Immortals but with a Timeline, they ALL have to undergo Life-Death-Rebirth(Depending on your KARMA) Cycle.Immortals have different Degrees of being an Immortal.

HEAVEN -Immortals can be Diety if They have gained enough Spiritual MAGIC and Good/Bad experiences. Eg: Jinmi was an Immortal but for her to become a PROPER Diety (Initially Flower Diety) she had to undergo a Seven tragedy in Mortal World because she never had Enough Magical Capability then she was promoted.

Puchijun/Yanyou was Initially an Immortal, he is one of the symbolic Astrological Sign God, He was DEMOTED to Lord (basically his Heaven Immortal Register was cancelled) after he was falsley accused of being frivillous. He is immensely powerful that always confused Xufeng and Runyu, because they thought that Puchijun/Yanyou despite being a Lowly Immortal had so much power. Above was the reason.

Kuanglu's father Immortal Taisi is not a Diety so He has a different degree of Immortality.

Supreme Immortal is only Lord Doumu-Buddha who stays is sometimes available in Flower Relam, she is the MASTER who distributed Godly powers to LuoLin(Jinmi's father), Zifen(Jinmi's Mom) and Linxiu , she must have also distributed powers to Tuyao(Xufeng's Mom) and his Uncle (Although he was the First God of War by Virtue) but they were not Gods by nagic power status, XF's mom was High Immortal by Position because she was the wife of Heavenly Emperor.

Xufeng and Runyu were born to Heavenly Emperor so by Position they became the God of Fire/War and God of Night respectively.

Kuanglu was not born a Diety she was promoted to Night God after Runyu sacked Heaven and became the next Heavenly Emperor much like what his father did after defeating his uncle.

Lord Liauyuan (XF's right hand Man) was a Immortal but died because he was attacked in his Inner DAN (Kinda like Lifeline root) , if that Lifeline root is destroyed the Spirit/Soul vanishes or if an Immortal/Mortal is attacked by Spirit vanishing root (Only be made by Muci's bloodline) their soul vanishes.

DEMON-They are also Immortals but cannot be touted as Gods.But When Xufeng's Immortal Register got cancelled he did not become Mortal but was a Demon Lord (Mozun) and still Fire Diety (He was born with that Power).He did not go with Diety due to his register entry being cancelled.

MuCi gradually lost spirtiual Power and became equivalent to a Mortal at the end.

Jinmi after Rebirth was a Mortal when Phoenix stole her from her Human Wedding, he transferred 6000 years worth of Magic and then she re-cultivated to be again promoted to a Diety (Water Diety), this was also a point of concern when people asked was their kid a Half Mortal/Immortal, no he was a Water Bird Egret , so he was an Immortal. Mortals here did not really birth a Immortal Species (The Great Elder of Demon who gave blood to Xufeng for him to convert to a Demon and overtake his Heaven roots had a Mortal Wife and no kids)

Diety's are promoted or Born with a specific power.

Low level Immortal if attacked with High Level Diety can Die instantly as they have less magical Power.(Rat Immortal was powerful but was executed by Heavenly Emperor and Empress's Power)

I think the Hierarchy was somewhat like...

Lord Doumu--->>>Lianchao(XF/RY's elder Uncle)---->>Heavenly Emperor--->>Great Elder---->>Water God (Luo Lin)----->>Heavenly Empress----->>Xufeng(Fire/War God)--->>Night God (Runyu)--->>Yanyou---->>Moon God (XF/RY's Uncle, his power became less because he had to cut his tail to save his eldest brother)----->>Muci--->>Linxiu(Wind God)-/Zifen (Flower Diety)--->>Thunder God and Lightening Goddess--->>Flower Chief Peony---->>Suihe---->>Jinmi---->>Lord Lianyuanjun/Taisi Immortal (Kuanglu's father)--->>Rest Flower Chief's and then Medical Team members--->>Rest Immortals.

Had Jinmi not got sealed by her mother she would have been Upper in the Hierarchy chart.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the original gifs and jpgs (sorry if this is gonna cost y'all a lot of data) Demon princess asks if Phoenix suspects SH for lying to him, phoenix replies that his standpoint was sha

I also agree. Personally, I think DL's acting is great. Maybe because I did not read the novel and did not have a preconceived notion of how Phoenix should act. My assessment is based purely on how he

Well, if you want to be blunt, then here we go:   You said: "You crying and complaining about the 5 or so filler episodes RY had out of 60 for his backstory" Yes, Night deserved his 5 e

52 minutes ago, Koreandramafan said:

Can someone explain me the ending in the drama ? Did JM and XF become a mortal? 

XF was still immortal and he promised to give JM 6000 years of his cultivation. As for JM, it is less clear as she clearly remembered the past but why did she end up in the mortal world? Even when reading the novel, I didn’t really understand if she was reborn as in the additional stories, she was still immortal. In the drama, Doumu said JM’s sacrifice of her life in the great battle ended her fated calamity so she should be able to return to being an immortal even if she was indeed reborn as a mortal. There was also the clue that Water Deity created a new type of flowering plant for Liuying in the end. JM is the only Water Deity capable of doing that.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
On 9/10/2020 at 11:14 PM, madmad min said:

LONG EXPLANATION AHEAD.....

Everyone in all The realm are Immortals but with a Timeline, they ALL have to undergo Life-Death-Rebirth(Depending on your KARMA) Cycle.Immortals have different Degrees of being an Immortal.

HEAVEN -Immortals can be Diety if They have gained enough Spiritual MAGIC and Good/Bad experiences. Eg: Jinmi was an Immortal but for her to become a PROPER Diety (Initially Flower Diety) she had to undergo a Seven tragedy in Mortal World because she never had Enough Magical Capability then she was promoted.

Puchijun/Yanyou was Initially an Immortal, he is one of the symbolic Astrological Sign God, He was DEMOTED to Lord (basically his Heaven Immortal Register was cancelled) after he was falsley accused of being frivillous. He is immensely powerful that always confused Xufeng and Runyu, because they thought that Puchijun/Yanyou despite being a Lowly Immortal had so much power. Above was the reason.

Kuanglu's father Immortal Taisi is not a Diety so He has a different degree of Immortality.

Supreme Immortal is only Lord Doumu-Buddha who stays is sometimes available in Flower Relam, she is the MASTER who distributed Godly powers to LuoLin(Jinmi's father), Zifen(Jinmi's Mom) and Linxiu , she must have also distributed powers to Tuyao(Xufeng's Mom) and his Uncle (Although he was the First God of War by Virtue) but they were not Gods by nagic power status, XF's mom was High Immortal by Position because she was the wife of Heavenly Emperor.

Xufeng and Runyu were born to Heavenly Emperor so by Position they became the God of Fire/War and God of Night respectively.

Kuanglu was not born a Diety she was promoted to Night God after Runyu sacked Heaven and became the next Heavenly Emperor much like what his father did after defeating his uncle.

Lord Liauyuan (XF's right hand Man) was a Immortal but died because he was attacked in his Inner DAN (Kinda like Lifeline root) , if that Lifeline root is destroyed the Spirit/Soul vanishes or if an Immortal/Mortal is attacked by Spirit vanishing root (Only be made by Muci's bloodline) their soul vanishes.

DEMON-They are also Immortals but cannot be touted as Gods.But When Xufeng's Immortal Register got cancelled he did not become Mortal but was a Demon Lord (Mozun) and still Fire Diety (He was born with that Power).He did not go with Diety due to his register entry being cancelled.

MuCi gradually lost spirtiual Power and became equivalent to a Mortal at the end.

Jinmi after Rebirth was a Mortal when Phoenix stole her from her Human Wedding, he transferred 6000 years worth of Magic and then she re-cultivated to be again promoted to a Diety (Water Diety), this was also a point of concern when people asked was their kid a Half Mortal/Immortal, no he was a Water Bird Egret , so he was an Immortal. Mortals here did not really birth a Immortal Species (The Great Elder of Demon who gave blood to Xufeng for him to convert to a Demon and overtake his Heaven roots had a Mortal Wife and no kids)

Diety's are promoted or Born with a specific power.

Low level Immortal if attacked with High Level Diety can Die instantly as they have less magical Power.(Rat Immortal was powerful but was executed by Heavenly Emperor and Empress's Power)

I think the Hierarchy was somewhat like...

Lord Doumu--->>>Lianchao(XF/RY's elder Uncle)---->>Heavenly Emperor--->>Great Elder---->>Water God (Luo Lin)----->>Heavenly Empress----->>Xufeng(Fire/War God)--->>Night God (Runyu)--->>Yanyou---->>Moon God (XF/RY's Uncle, his power became less because he had to cut his tail to save his eldest brother)----->>Muci--->>Linxiu(Wind God)-/Zifen (Flower Diety)--->>Thunder God and Lightening Goddess--->>Flower Chief Peony---->>Suihe---->>Jinmi---->>Lord Lianyuanjun/Taisi Immortal (Kuanglu's father)--->>Rest Flower Chief's and then Medical Team members--->>Rest Immortals.

Had Jinmi not got sealed by her mother she would have been Upper in the Hierarchy chart.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

This clarifies a LOT!

But until now, I still haven't had a chance to finish all of it, still at around episode 40, just a little bit more.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Guys, is there a English version of the novel? I want to read it . Please thank you. I hope there is a season 2 the life of jinmi in mortal world after rebirth. How did xufeng find her in the mortal world? I want to see their love story after rebirth and before the wedding with the prime minister 

3 minutes ago, Koreandramafan said:

Guys, is there a English version of the novel? I want to read it . Please thank you. I hope there is a season 2 the life of jinmi in mortal world after rebirth. How did xufeng find her in the mortal world? I want to see their love story after rebirth and before the wedding with the prime minister 

I read it here.

http://onesecondspring.blogspot.com/2014/05/heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost_1.html

Edited by sumpit
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
3 hours ago, Koreandramafan said:

There is not enough source material to have a second season. The mortal world trial takes place after Xu Feng steals JM away from the wedding procession i.e. in the additional stories. Xu Feng is still Lord of the Demon Realm.In the drama, they moved it to when Xu Feng was still in the Heavenly Realm. Also, Deng Lun and Yangzi are unlikely to collaborate again.

I’m not knowledgeable enough about the hierarchy to produce a chart but as the son of the Heavenly Emperor and Empress and the successor apparent, Xu Feng should be ranked above the other deities.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
4 hours ago, Koreandramafan said:

There is not enough source material to have a second season. The mortal world trial takes place after Xu Feng steals JM away from the wedding procession i.e. in the additional stories. Xu Feng is still Lord of the Demon Realm. In the drama, they moved it to when Xu Feng was still in the Heavenly Realm. Also, Deng Lun and Yangzi are unlikely to collaborate again.

@bluehibiscus I think she is talking about the Last chapter before Epilogues.

Xufeng Finds Her in Mortal Realm after Her death was because well He is a God turned Demon Lord, you can sense the Immortal Breath/Energy in Mortals. Since JM was a Floral Goddess she would have been easily traceable by Floral Realm Chiefs once reborn in any place where Flowers and Trees Grow. They in turn could surely inform XF about JM rebirth.

AOL is unlikely to do a spinoff ala TMOPB did for theirs because the Writer stopped writing fiction long back. There is a Triology Honey part but is not connected to AOLs storyline, the last should be Love when the stars fall(ETA 2021/2022), and I also don't think Yangzi -Deng Lun would collaborate for this one as the storyline is very weak maybe there could be cameo though from both ends.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
On 8/1/2017 at 6:59 PM, frostflower14 said:

Totally agree they should leave the ending exactly as it is it the book.

During the rice cake party, my theory is Xu Feng knew which rice cake had 500 years because it was his own power in it and kept it for Jin Mi. But since she is forgetful, he made her stick to her end of the bargain just to teach her not to forget her promises to him.

Hope they include the epilogue where Jin Mi is disappointed that her son turned out to be an egret (white heron), cause she would rather he be a Phoenix or something fearsome like a hawk. She is water and Xu Feng is a bird so their son ends up as a water bird.

There's also an epilogue where Xu Feng is angry that Jin Mi is not demanding he transfer her some divine power like she does EVERY NIGHT. It's a measure of how much he loves her that he's willing to give her his power and to him it's a measure of how much she relies on him.

Where can I read the epilogue about wanting to transfer the divine power ? I read the four chapters of epilogue, there is nothing. 

• Where's My Oppa? 1
5 minutes ago, Koreandramafan said:

Where can I read the epilogue about wanting to transfer the divine power ? I read the four chapters of epilogue, there is nothing. 

http://onesecondspring.blogspot.com/2014/05/heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost_1.html

It should be the Last few lines of the epilogue where Tangyue was Fishing for his Wife in the Wangchuan River.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
3 hours ago, madmad min said:

@bluehibiscus I think she is talking about the Last chapter before Epilogues.

Xufeng Finds Her in Mortal Realm after Her death was because well He is a God turned Demon Lord, you can sense the Immortal Breath/Energy in Mortals. Since JM was a Floral Goddess she would have been easily traceable by Floral Realm Chiefs once reborn in any place where Flowers and Trees Grow. They in turn could surely inform XF about JM rebirth.

AOL is unlikely to do a spinoff ala TMOPB did for theirs because the Writer stopped writing fiction long back. There is a Triology Honey part but is not connected to AOLs storyline, the last should be Love when the stars fall(ETA 2021/2022), and I also don't think Yangzi -Deng Lun would collaborate for this one as the storyline is very weak maybe there could be cameo though from both ends.

I understand she may be thinking there is another story after JM is reborn but it is pretty much like what was shown in the drama. I just wanted to let her know that the mortal realm trial (the one where both of them are reborn - he as a king and she a holy maiden) is in the additional stories so she won’t be confused. 

2 hours ago, I love dramas said:

Guys do you know the red string around Jm and Xf hands when they first met? How did xf know jm is a girl?

I can’t recall the exact details but it was early on when she tried to steal his cultivation while he was unconscious. Something like he realised she was female and he recognised the hairpin she was wearing was a spellbound one to suppress her true appearance.

Xu Feng’s uncle gave JM a piece of magical red string but that was later on.

2 hours ago, I love dramas said:

Guys do you know the red string around Jm and Xf hands when they first met? How did xf know jm is a girl?

There was a Red string? How did I miss that, I have watched this show multiple times, I wish there was one though Lol. As far as I remember there was no red string around their hands when they first met. They only had red strings tied to each other in Mortal Realm Arc after episode 20 that too on their ankle.

XF after being attacked in Nirvana when dropped into Flower Relam and changed from Crow to Human he was still unconscious, JM went onto chop off his Reproductive Parts because she found that to be a Tumor  and when XF woke up, JM blurted the same fact to him, by this he realized that JM was a girl (JM was around 14-15 year kid and had she been a BOy she would have known that the part she was about to chop was not supposed to be so ),and also because she wore a Magic Hairpin to hide her Spirit form, but the former action was more of a proof.

Also everyone has a Human form except Nightmare Beast so they are either Boy or Girl.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
43 minutes ago, I love dramas said:

Is it true xf reunited with jm again 5000 years later? It took 5000 years for them to reunite again ? Is xf still the demon lord at the end? 

That Is one calculation not done properly.

In the Book it was 5000 years as per Mortal Realm I believe.

Even if we count a 100 year in Mortal World=1 year in Heaven/Demon Realm then too..I guess what the drama makes wanted to Imply was it was 500 yrs later in Demon Realm that XF found JM so it should be 5000yrs in Mortal Relam.

Else XF technically only waited 5 days in Demon Relam Timeline for JM to reincarnate back after Her soul reformed.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, tenten0227 said:

Just something I want to comment on regarding a previous post about not understanding why Jin Mi is attractive to the male leads.

In the novel, Jin Mi is regarded are the most beautiful woman in the six realms. Personality aside, when Jin Mi's real form was unveiled, it definitely attracted the male leads. But of course, they each love her for many other reasons. 

I watched several Chinese news outlet videos prior to the airing of Heavy Sweetness and read several comments from people who weren't too excited with the casting of Yang Zi because they thought she wasn't beautiful enough for the role of Jin Mi. But I personally was happy with the casting, I think she is beautiful. I agreed with one news outlet that stated though people might disagree one Yang Zi's looks for Jin Mi's role, her acting skills will make up for it all. Compare to getting some beautiful actress who's acting is subpar, I'd rather go with Yang Zi who can play the innocent Jin Mi yet also bring forth impactful emotional scenes for the latter half, as we have seen in the recent episodes. Yang Zi has portrayed Jin Mi very well. 

In one of the making videos, Yang Zi talks about her role. She was worried that when portraying Jin Mi in the beginning, the viewers would get annoyed at Jin Mi for being so "dense" but that's the way she is because of the unfeeling pill. She saw Jin Mi as an innocent girl who's happy everyday. Yang Zi did also state that in the later half, they'll be many scenes of the relationships and feelings with the people around Jin Mi like family, friends, and Xu Feng. 

Anyways done ranting haha just wanted to defend Yang Zi a bit. The climax is finally here! I think we're all anticipating the emotional roller coaster the later half will being us. 

What episode is that her true form first unveiled? I only saw her true form when she died.

3 hours ago, I love dramas said:

What episode is that her true form first unveiled? I only saw her true form when she died.

Here Her true form is When she started dressing up as a Woman instead of a BookBoy/Kid/Man etc. Around episode 5. After XF removes her Magic Binding Hairpin and reveals that JM Is a girl, Moon God Gives her Dresses to wear.Thats when it was revealed that she was a girl thus her true form.

Guys how old is zu feng? 
do you know the story of the snake deity and moon immortal? 

8 hours ago, madmad min said:

Here Her true form is When she started dressing up as a Woman instead of a BookBoy/Kid/Man etc. Around episode 5. After XF removes her Magic Binding Hairpin and reveals that JM Is a girl, Moon God Gives her Dresses to wear.Thats when it was revealed that she was a girl thus her true form.

I thought her true form is the other one sealed by her mother. 

13 hours ago, madmad min said:

That Is one calculation not done properly.

In the Book it was 5000 years as per Mortal Realm I believe.

Even if we count a 100 year in Mortal World=1 year in Heaven/Demon Realm then too..I guess what the drama makes wanted to Imply was it was 500 yrs later in Demon Realm that XF found JM so it should be 5000yrs in Mortal Relam.

Else XF technically only waited 5 days in Demon Relam Timeline for JM to reincarnate back after Her soul reformed.

So only 5 days? I forgot the time in mortal world and heavenly realm is different .so it is only 5 days but took 5000 or 500 years in mortal realm?

14 hours ago, madmad min said:

There was a Red string? How did I miss that, I have watched this show multiple times, I wish there was one though Lol. As far as I remember there was no red string around their hands when they first met. They only had red strings tied to each other in Mortal Realm Arc after episode 20 that too on their ankle.

XF after being attacked in Nirvana when dropped into Flower Relam and changed from Crow to Human he was still unconscious, JM went onto chop off his Reproductive Parts because she found that to be a Tumor  and when XF woke up, JM blurted the same fact to him, by this he realized that JM was a girl (JM was around 14-15 year kid and had she been a BOy she would have known that the part she was about to chop was not supposed to be so ),and also because she wore a Magic Hairpin to hide her Spirit form, but the former action was more of a proof.

Also everyone has a Human form except Nightmare Beast so they are either Boy or Girl.

Thank you for the jinmi age . Really been wondering about that cause she is 4000 years old.. I wonder how old is Xu feng?