[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

51 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

according to the novels.. it is a good ending.. but not sure about the drama version 

38 minutes ago, clawedzip said:

According to the author of the novel (who also worked on the script for the drama), the novel and drama are extremely similar. I don't think they're going to change the ending.

I hope they don't change the ending, because yes, the drama and novel are almost identical. So we will get some torturing and suffering and we'll cry out hearts out, but the ending shouldn't change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Legend of Fuyao ends soon. I hope it frees up a few subbers to undertake this project instead. Do I sound desperate yet? Waiting this time around is so much harder because it's like right there but not much you can do about it. 

No, I think we're all desperate here, too. There are certain dramas that are soo good, but we don't get subs at all and we are dying to have it sub.

• Like 2

Hopefully Viki or Dramafever eventually picks up the drama.  The lead guy has couple of his drama subbed by Viki so hopefully Viki picks it up.  I like Viki better, with live comments, it is hilarious watching with other people.

The way his face lighted up when he finds out she's not his sister and the devastation of learning that she is to be marry to his brother killed me. Ugh, why?

I like the wind deity, she's such a nice woman.

1 hour ago, aok said:

The way his face lighted up when he finds out she's not his sister and the devastation of learning that she is to be marry to his brother killed me. Ugh, why?

I like the wind deity, she's such a nice woman.

I know. It's painful to watch Phoenix so in love with her, but she doesn't feel anything back.

I feel bad for Night, too, the Heaven Empress is just mean to him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

I feel bad for Night, too, the Heaven Empress is just mean to him. 

I confess I have a soft spot for the Night God Run Yu. He’s so gentlemanly and polite, and treats his staff nicely. Yet he’s had such a lonely life, banished to the night and missing out on all the activities that are going on in the day. Probably the Empress’s doing, trying to diminish his presence and power. His Mother was also killed by the Empress who has killed off all the women in the Emperor’s life. I can totally imagine that growing up like that, he will want to hang on to Jin Mi, since she is already bethrothed to him, the only thing or person that he can legitimately call his own. Maybe he is wrong to take advantage of Jin Mi’s naievety about love - he struggled with the decision, but I totally get why he did it. Jin Mi and the Night God have a lot in common - they are both water based, and both their mothers were killed by the Empress. They would have made a good team, except of course for our dear Fire God Feng Huang, who is truly and deeply in love with Jin Mi. Major Angst is starting ... prepare ourselves ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, revocs said:

(dimsum.my), got the license for the drama.
Now, we can watch with English subtitles.

Thanks for this wonderful news!

Although, I'm the same as @turtle0217 can't watch or open, but that's ok. As long as someone is subbing this. It will make it's way to the usual streaming sites.

• Like 1