[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes but one thing we can see is that each bear the scars of their own mistakes.....they are together but the scars there is evident, in JinMi she will forever unable to see the colors of the world.......because of her mistakes.......

however if u ask me the mistakes is not solely hers alone but it was left alone for her to bear

yes.... in fact her mistake was masterminded by runyu and suihe too, but suihe had received the results of her actions too, runyu even though he received the results of his actions alone through his lifetime, even though he was emperor of the sky but he still felt lonely and yeah...

jinmi bore her guilt until finally her eyes still could not see the colour, but she felt very happy, because the smile from her husband xufeng and her child gave her a precious colour of life..this series really have a amazing story line.. it has a varied flavour, from funny, humour, seriously, fight until very sad story.. the development of the story is very good :thumbsup:

• Like 3

So when Jin Mi got reincarnated, did she become mortal and then became immortal again due to cultivation?

My understanding is that she didn't completely die because she was protected by the Ash that Duomo gave her. So it allowed her primordial spirit to come back to life albeit thousands of years later. She was reincarnated as a mortal but achieved immortality through cultivation and her and Xu Feng are both still immortal but chose to live in peace and quiet in the mortal realm with their son. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

So when Jin Mi got reincarnated, did she become mortal and then became immortal again due to cultivation?

My understanding is that she didn't completely die because she was protected by the Ash that Duomo gave her. So it allowed her primordial spirit to come back to life albeit thousands of years later. She was reincarnated as a mortal but achieved immortality through cultivation and her and Xu Feng are both still immortal but chose to live in peace and quiet in the mortal realm with their son. 

Yes... i think she is not really die too and because she sacrified herself to stop the war and save 6 realms from detructions because the war so for that she got the highest virtue which erased the fate that counted the zifen flower god her mom and jinmi was reborn again after 500 years. Jinmi and xufeng still be immortal but they choose to live a peace and happy life with their son at human realm.:wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2018 at 9:06 PM, angelangie said:

The simplicity of life sometimes is the best however a little bit if spice up still good to keep life going ;)

@angelangie I think it's actually such an apt ending for Xu Feng and Jin Mi to have chosen a simple life together, away from everyone else. From the beginning, Xu Feng kept telling his mother that he wasn't interested in ascending to the throne and would've been content where he was. Jin Mi, too, wasn't interested in becoming Flower Deity. All the two of them really wanted was each other and they were willing to throw everything else away just to be together. All the pain and the hurt they went through were caused by those around them. But had everyone else just let them be, they would've been happy from the start. So it makes sense that they are much happier living simply and peacefully at the place they fell in love with. Such a beautiful story.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dakbal said:

finished this drama today, very good drama and recommended to watch if anyone haven't. really hard to move on. need to find a replacement soon :)

@dakbal yes, definitely a very good drama and yes, really hard to move on from!!

• Like 3

I'm so glad to see this still going and that more people are watching! 

I've been having a hard time getting back into dramas, really.  I was watching Martial Universe at around the same time it was out and am sorta watching The Eternal Love 2, and they're both just painfully bad.  

On 12/2/2018 at 7:22 PM, babysiew said:

he can choose to revenge on the heavenly empress but not playing God on ppl's love and hurt Jin MI and Xu Feng. That is my grudge towards him. 

On 12/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, mouse007 said:

@lynne22 @lovecarnation I feel sad for Run Yu because of his childhood but I, too, do not agree with his actions. He has the right to be angry toward heavenly empress but he has no right to destroy those who are innocent such as Xu Feng and Jin Mi. He knew Xu Feng already loved Jin Mi even before he found out she is Water Deity's daughter and betrothed to him. In his mind, he has the right to claim her because she had been long promised to him. But knowing that both Xu Feng and Jin Mi love each other mutually, his decision to still separate them is absolutely selfish. I also do not agree with how he played innocent Jin Mi in the scene where he purposely maneuvered things so that water deity would "accidentally" overhear his conversation with Jin Mi and making him believe that Jin Mi has mutual affection with Run Yu when Run Yu knows Jin Mi only likes him as a friend. Xu Feng at least has always been upfront with his intentions towards Jin Mi. Run Yu is underhanded.

On 12/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, lovecarnation said:

yes...i'm totally agree with you.. he has the right to be angry and repay the deeds of heavenly empress but xufeng never hurt him, he shouldn't be so cruel want to kill his own brother ... and after many times Jinmi refused his love, he still insisted on forcing Jinmi to always beside to him, until the last second jinmi sacrificed herself during the final battle, he was only willing to let her go because jinmi was gone. and well ... I still remember at the beginning of the story when he found out jinmi was his future wife, he pretended to be kind and loved jinmi in front of the god of water ,luolin so that the water god thought they loved each other

I think that, for me, personally, the worst thing RY has done (aside from about to genocide realms) is that he completely and utterly dehumanizes JM.  He doesn't even treat her as a full human being - she makes him feel good about himself so he just forces himself on her, regardless of her wishes (which is a part of what you guys are saying)  He is really the worst kind of dude.  (I have lots of rants about this on here lol)     

Some of my favourite themes in HSALF are that those with the most power fall spectacularly, that those who abused their power/hurt others were pretty much all punished for their actions, and that at the end of everything, JM/XF just live a simple life.  I like how consent was portrayed for the most part - could have been better (XF at his worst was pushy, grabby, and jealous - and don't get me started on the scene where he forces himself on her in demon realm - UGH)       

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@angelangie I think it's actually such an apt ending for Xu Feng and Jin Mi to have chosen a simple life together, away from everyone else. From the beginning, Xu Feng kept telling his mother that he wasn't interested in ascending to the throne and would've been content where he was. Jin Mi, too, wasn't interested in becoming Flower Deity. All the two of them really wanted was each other and they were willing to throw everything else away just to be together. All the pain and the hurt they went through were caused by those around them. But had everyone else just let them be, they would've been happy from the start. So it makes sense that they are much happier living simply and peacefully at the place they fell in love with. Such a beautiful story.

yes..i'm totally agree with you... the god empress always assumed that xufeng would be happy to occupy the emperor's throne and marry sui he  from a tribe of birds to strengthen his position as emperor of the sky later, but all of that was not Xufeng's wish, he did not want that position, he only wanted to be with jinmi who the person he loved so much.

and jinmi when the water god thinks she is also better to marry runyu, because the water god knows his mother Xufeng will not let her go if she marries his son, xufeng. but Jinmi's heart for Runyu is empty, how will a marriage be happy if Jinmi has no feelings with runyu, but in the end it seems that the god of water also does not forbid jinmi from the god of fire, and allows her to choose with whom she wants to be together, but unfortunately sui he kill him after that and bestow that mistake on xufeng. I hate sui he,she opens his mouth shut always says he really loves xufeng, but how is it that if we love someone instead of plunging him as a murderer ... I really hate sui he. she was really very cruel, she could even kill her own father in the human realm, and well she got the results of her own actions at the end of the story...

13 hours ago, angelangie said:

this is a circle....sometimes parents thought that what they arrange or deem worth while is the best for the children....however they never knew that it wasnt what the children really wanted......

living thru the children isnt the way to live.....the children have their own wishes and dreams

yes... not everything that parents want for their children is their children's choice and that can make them feel happy, sometimes parents also need to share their thoughts with their children to know what they really want and can make them happy :heart:

10 hours ago, dakbal said:

finished this drama today, very good drama and recommended to watch if anyone haven't. really hard to move on. need to find a replacement soon :)

yes... this is best chinese drama i've ever watched after legend of fuyao.. i ever watched TMOPB but i'm not addicted with that series, but this series really make me addicted and hard to move on too.:heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesytb said:

I'm so glad to see this still going and that more people are watching! 

I've been having a hard time getting back into dramas, really.  I was watching Martial Universe at around the same time it was out and am sorta watching The Eternal Love 2, and they're both just painfully bad.  

I think that, for me, personally, the worst thing RY has done (aside from about to genocide realms) is that he completely and utterly dehumanizes JM.  He doesn't even treat her as a full human being - she makes him feel good about himself so he just forces himself on her, regardless of her wishes (which is a part of what you guys are saying)  He is really the worst kind of dude.  (I have lots of rants about this on here lol)     

Some of my favourite themes in HSALF are that those with the most power fall spectacularly, that those who abused their power/hurt others were pretty much all punished for their actions, and that at the end of everything, JM/XF just live a simple life.  I like how consent was portrayed for the most part - could have been better (XF at his worst was pushy, grabby, and jealous - and don't get me started on the scene where he forces himself on her in demon realm - UGH)       

honest ... i hate runyu characters in this series, well ... he does have a bitter story in childhood, but xufeng is his brother who always respects him and loves him even though they have different mothers, and every time xufeng's mother wants to blame him, Xufeng will always believe and defend him out of trouble, even in the last episode after everything he did (even desperately wants to kill Xufeng and drive him out of the sky world) xu feng still calls him "brother" and doesn't hurt him, when runyu possessed by qiongqi spirits . xufeng is really gentle man. 

besides that, i hate when he clearly knows that the jinmi loves xufeng, but he chooses to lock her heart back by repairing yundan pills, and hopes that jinmi won't be able to love anyone, as long as he can be by his side ... he's a very selfish human only to get Jinmi to do such a low deed...gr.....:rage:

honestly, actually.. i'm really feel he is not deserve be emperor at the end story after all he do and make six realm almost having a big mess.

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

some ppl love to possess because to them loving someone means they need that someone to be besides them all the times....there are also some that love someone because someone they had been fighting with....wanted the very same person too...

in a sense it make them feel superior that they have the person he / she desperately wanted and instead of the intended ended up together.....they got her / him instead.....

however 1 question left....'will they truly ever be happy?' 

yes, imposing something that is not ours sometimes not only hurts the person we love but ourselves and maybe that has been done by runyu and sui he, and maybe because of that jinmi sacrificed herself for the peace of 6 realms and dampened the xufeng and runyu disputes , and therefore she gets the highest virtue.:heart:

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes....sacrifice is a very a noble act......something everyone look up to....

the only downside will be your love one will suffer for the losses.....and the guilt will drive them to their early grave some times....as living without the other half is honestly one of the hardest thing anyone need to do

yes....agree with you :thumbsup:

after watched ashes of love.. i find myself is become denglun and yangzi fans, now i started to watched " because of meeting you". the beginning maybe is so tragic but after they are growing up, the story had begun to change with a very funny start and made me laugh out loud:joy:

Is this series good according to you, I want to hear your review about that series too... tq:wub:

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

hmmm lols maybe not review but just my thoughts of the overall stories....

lets me see....i like the story-line as im someone who fall for fantasy easily.....however the way the plotted the thing need some serious work and they cut in unnecessary scenes ad the story instead of solidify it kinda got draggy on certain parts that we can just do without.....they repeat scenes just to drag the series on....that how they make me feels but other wise if just on story wise....yea it a pretty good story we have :) 

character wise everyone has a role to play....no extra or less needed.....everyone character is important in the story itself.....i never really one to compliment ppl acting or pinpoint it as long as they can make me believe.....and they do make me believe :D but some character does get a little fake....the one that i cant stand the most will be the empress maybe because as an actress she had never impress me before.....the rest of the cast is acceptable for me......

if im to pick my most favorite will be XuFeng & JinMi of course :)  the chemistry exploded on the screen, their bickering their hurt at each other betrayal and guilt driven point....from others sin and not their own.....

if u ask me will i watch them again....i will but mostly to focus more on XuFeng and JinMi

i will gladly skip all the empress scenes though never could stand her......no i dont have anything against her....just never did like her that all......u can say im the type of viewer that tends to skip parts / character that dont bond well with me so that i can keep watching instead of folding the series into the shelve.....

also CDrama is really starting to be quite good....but they still need to work more on their CGI and props.....some of them feel a little fake....

thanks alot..i'm so happy read you reviews.. and maybe i same with you.. i rewatched this series for the third time but i'm not full watched again because i skip some part about runyu... because honest.. i hate his character ( not his actor lol...) and focus to our xufeng and jinmi scene...so sweet:heart:

oh yeah i want to asked you, do you have watched because of meeting you too? do you feel that series is good? cause i see its rating is not very high, but i see some reviews it say good.

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes i did...i love the series :) DengLun is good and he is someone who share good chemistry with all his co-star

yes... i'm totally agree with you.. i find he has a good chemistry too with sunyi on " because of meetting you". he really has a good acting performance too.

• Like 2