[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

Yes... after they back from human life, she already falling in love with xufeng and the pill that her mother implanted on her heart had begun to crack, but because she refused the love of runyu, runyu repaired the pill again and hoped she can't love anyone again.... i hate him ... he is so selfish and obsessed...

I hate RY since day 1. Unforgivable!!! Cannot stand the sight of him!!!

• Like 3

I am very late haha. I dont know how come I didnt realize this drama. I am usually quite fast in picking up haha!!! The OST is also very heartwrenching. I cannot concentrate on anything but this drama. At work now but how I wish I am home to continue. Just at Ep 33! 

• Like 4

@babysiew 

The flower petal was originally a part of Jin Mi's soul. 

When she gave it to him.. he keep it inside him too.. that''s why when She breaks it, it doesn't just hurt her.. it hurts him too.. and that's when he knows the original form of the petal. :tears:

The whole scene is so tragic :tears:

This scene took words from the book and developed it in their own way. What I notice is that Jin Mi felt too guilty, broken and ashamed towards Xu Feng that she can’t say that she love him the second time.... she knows he won’t believe her. And everything is now over.

DpAqGiLUwAASYg4.jpg

While for Xu Feng.... my heart broke for him too here.. he tried so hard to deny his feeling.... there were times his small actions betray himself, he did look back and wanted to waited if JM has anything more to say, but once he saw the blood frost he knows its really over for her. 

DpC1vB5U0AESmg7.jpg

That's why this action became one of his many regrets.

DpC1vvGU4Ac_7p8.jpgDpC1vvqUYAATSlu.jpg

Such a beautifully done scene. 

• Like 3

hi everyone! Just finally joining this thread. I regret not watching this drama when it was still airing and only now watching it. I'm on ep 30 and LOVING Jin Mi and Xu Feng in the mortal realm. 

I know Run Yu is going to turn bad but I honestly felt so bad for him when he was begging Tu Yao (heavenly empress) to let him and his mother go. The scene where he's on his knees as he was making his way toward Tu Yao and repeatedly bowing down... ugh... my heart hurt for him. He felt unloved growing up and was so lonely in the heavenly realm and never desired to harm Xu Feng or covet the throne. I know I will hate him eventually when he turns bad. But for now, allow me to feel sorry for him...

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 4:24 PM, lynne22 said:

@babysiew 

The flower petal was originally a part of Jin Mi's soul. 

When she gave it to him.. he keep it inside him too.. that''s why when She breaks it, it doesn't just hurt her.. it hurts him too.. and that's when he knows the original form of the petal. :tears:

The whole scene is so tragic :tears:

This scene took words from the book and developed it in their own way. What I notice is that Jin Mi felt too guilty, broken and ashamed towards Xu Feng that she can’t say that she love him the second time.... she knows he won’t believe her. And everything is now over.

While for Xu Feng.... my heart broke for him too here.. he tried so hard to deny his feeling.... there were times his small actions betray himself, he did look back and wanted to waited if JM has anything more to say, but once he saw the blood frost he knows its really over for her. 

That's why this action became one of his many regrets.

Such a beautifully done scene. 

This scene very hurted my heart ... i cried when see this part...

On 12/3/2018 at 7:28 AM, ayang23 said:

Does anyone know if Deng Lun won an award for his role as Phoenix/Feng Hua?!!!! Seemed like the fans were chanting "Feng Hua" but I'm not sure. Anyways big congrats to our lovely Deng Lun regardless ❤

Congratz for allen deng.. he deserves it.. but why yangzi didn't get it... she has a very good performance on this series too... i love her acting

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quotes vid & pictures
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

hi everyone! Just finally joining this thread. I regret not watching this drama when it was still airing and only now watching it. I'm on ep 30 and LOVING Jin Mi and Xu Feng in the mortal realm. 

I know Run Yu is going to turn bad but I honestly felt so bad for him when he was begging Tu Yao (heavenly empress) to let him and his mother go. The scene where he's on his knees as he was making his way toward Tu Yao and repeatedly bowing down... ugh... my heart hurt for him. He felt unloved growing up and was so lonely in the heavenly realm and never desired to harm Xu Feng or covet the throne. I know I will hate him eventually when he turns bad. But for now, allow me to feel sorry for him...

Runyu does have a bad story when he was a child... but i hate him...why? Because he was filled with jealousy towards xufeng even though xufeng always defended him and assumed he was his best brother but he was jealous because xufeng is loved by many people.. for something he can't get it , for example jinmi, he prefers she can't love anyone than le she loved xufeng... he was very selfish...he looks silent, but actually he has many things buried in his heart..

• Like 3

@lynne22 @lovecarnation I feel sad for Run Yu because of his childhood but I, too, do not agree with his actions. He has the right to be angry toward heavenly empress but he has no right to destroy those who are innocent such as Xu Feng and Jin Mi. He knew Xu Feng already loved Jin Mi even before he found out she is Water Deity's daughter and betrothed to him. In his mind, he has the right to claim her because she had been long promised to him. But knowing that both Xu Feng and Jin Mi love each other mutually, his decision to still separate them is absolutely selfish. I also do not agree with how he played innocent Jin Mi in the scene where he purposely maneuvered things so that water deity would "accidentally" overhear his conversation with Jin Mi and making him believe that Jin Mi has mutual affection with Run Yu when Run Yu knows Jin Mi only likes him as a friend. Xu Feng at least has always been upfront with his intentions towards Jin Mi. Run Yu is underhanded.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@lynne22 @lovecarnation I feel sad for Run Yu because of his childhood but I, too, do not agree with his actions. He has the right to be angry toward heavenly empress but he has no right to destroy those who are innocent such as Xu Feng and Jin Mi. He knew Xu Feng already loved Jin Mi even before he found out she is Water Deity's daughter and betrothed to him. In his mind, he has the right to claim her because she had been long promised to him. But knowing that both Xu Feng and Jin Mi love each other mutually, his decision to still separate them is absolutely selfish. I also do not agree with how he played innocent Jin Mi in the scene where he purposely maneuvered things so that water deity would "accidentally" overhear his conversation with Jin Mi and making him believe that Jin Mi has mutual affection with Run Yu when Run Yu knows Jin Mi only likes him as a friend. Xu Feng at least has always been upfront with his intentions towards Jin Mi. Run Yu is underhanded. 

yes...i'm totally agree with you.. he has the right to be angry and repay the deeds of heavenly empress but xufeng never hurt him, he shouldn't be so cruel want to kill his own brother ... and after many times Jinmi refused his love, he still insisted on forcing Jinmi to always beside to him, until the last second jinmi sacrificed herself during the final battle, he was only willing to let her go because jinmi was gone. and well ... I still remember at the beginning of the story when he found out jinmi was his future wife, he pretended to be kind and loved jinmi in front of the god of water ,luolin so that the water god thought they loved each other

• Like 3

I loved their death scene in the mortal realm too. So beautiful and so painful at the same time. So well done.. my heart ached so much for Xu Feng.

10 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

yes...i'm totally agree with you.. he has the right to be angry and repay the deeds of heavenly empress but xufeng never hurt him, he shouldn't be so cruel want to kill his own brother ... and after many times Jinmi refused his love, he still insisted on forcing Jinmi to always beside to him, until the last second jinmi sacrificed herself during the final battle, he was only willing to let her go because jinmi was gone. and well ... I still remember at the beginning of the story when he found out jinmi was his future wife, he pretended to be kind and loved jinmi in front of the god of water ,luolin so that the water god thought they loved each other

Spoiler

@lovecarnation Run Yu's greed led to Jin Mi's death and you are right, he only let it go because he had no more choice. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I loved their death scene in the mortal realm too. So beautiful and so painful at the same time. So well done.. my heart ached so much for Xu Feng. 

Hide contents

@lovecarnation Run Yu's greed led to Jin Mi's death and you are right, he only let it go because he had no more choice.  

one scene make me cry too, is when they undergoing cultivation in the human world, Xufeng is willing to sacrifice his life to go with Jinmi. I can't stand crying seeing that scene:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i guess that happen when u are so in love with another that you cannot function without the other party.....

u are being torn without her by your sides and what else can someone do about it but follow after them....those who die minutes apart from each other is the best......

yes... I am truly deeply moved by their true love.maybe one of the mistakes in their true love is only when Jinmi back stabbed Xufeng , and yeah ... Jinmi is also very sorry after learning that she is also a victim of the runyu and suihe scams. she felt guilty for not believing in xufeng, and yeah... she was also responsible for her own actions.but their true love will never end...:heart:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

which is why they are lucky as in here they are able to have 2nd chance.....

but in real world.....things will be over with and they will live with that guilt and it will gnaw away at them no chance for redemption....

in ashes they are able to redeem themselves at the very least..... 

yes... I thought if when Jinmi knew she had killed Xufeng and Xufeng could not be resurrected, maybe Jinmi would go with Xufeng's departure too, because the guilt that followed her and Xufeng was someone she loved so much. I thought she was spewing out a yundan pill because her heart was already too sick to see the xufeng spirit spread on her eyes. very tragic scene :bawling:

• Like 1