Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

Recommended Posts

On 8/2/2018 at 10:23 AM, ElleSor said:

I hope it comes already! Love the novel so much and it seems like the series is very similar to it...if I have to go by the trailers and spoilers!

 

It does appear very similar to the novel so far. From the trailers though, we also see some added characters. The storyline between Liu Qing, princess of the tenth court of Hell and Qi Yuan looks interesting too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course stuff was added apparently the book quite small to be adapted to 60 episodes im so surprised no-one is subbing this? Its one of the most hyped drama's of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wotad said:

Of course stuff was added apparently the book quite small to be adapted to 60 episodes im so surprised no-one is subbing this? Its one of the most hyped drama's of the year. 

I think the side stories might be the additions to the drama. There were a lot of side stories which could be added to reach the 60 episodes. I still haven't seen anyone subbing this....huhuhu. I've watched the raws and I get the story since I've read the book but I need subs soooo much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad that no one is subbing it. So far it is pretty close to the novel and I am really liking it. Probably the best xianxia that has come out since TMOPB. Hopefully it keeps it up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Tão triste que ninguém está subutilizando. Até agora está bem perto do romance e estou gostando muito dele. Provavelmente a melhor xianxia que surgiu desde o TMOPB. Espero que continue assim. 

 

It's a shame there are so few xianxias being turned into drama ...
I particularly prefer to see a story about gods and immortals than a Wuxia cliché story about martial arts and sects ...

is the main reason I want to see this drama so much. I fell in love with the xianxia universe in TMOPB, and I hope to enjoy this drama too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to nurse a burnt crow back to health (according to fairy from Flower Realm) :

28937566367_ec0946bdf6_c.jpg

1. Cover it in soil

2. Water it a few times a day

3. Give it flower Essence (fertiliser?)

 

Totally enjoying this drama. All the leads are perfectly cast for their roles. Pretty costumes, beautiful sets, interesting story and characters. Those who watched 3L3W will find it easy to follow the storyline.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got hooked up after watching ep 1... now i have watched it till ep 7.. dying for ep 8... thank god today is monday, so i able to watch ep 8 tonight! weeeee.......

 

i even prepared a box of tissue incase i will start to cry lol... after reading the novels i cried alot! therefore i am well prepared for the drama version ^^

 

Yang Zi did the character very well.. she is soooo adorable ^^ while Deng Lun as usual.. handsome look! damn.. i loves him even more ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@visiopeia Dare I hope that the episodes you watched were subbed? I know that I should wait for the subbers to release the subbed epis and that subbing takes time but I am soooo looking forward to watching with subs. Praying so hard that subbers pick this up and release soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Carol Subtil said:

 

It's a shame there are so few xianxias being turned into drama ...
I particularly prefer to see a story about gods and immortals than a Wuxia cliché story about martial arts and sects ...

is the main reason I want to see this drama so much. I fell in love with the xianxia universe in TMOPB, and I hope to enjoy this drama too

 

Uhm, maybe we are in a different universe, but there are a lot of xianxias drama, more than wuxia. The only wuxia are that of Jin Rong (Louis Cha), however, they are all remake, so they are not new, or that of Gu Long, and again, remake. Whereas all the new stuffs are xianxia. I classed any drama with fantasy elemenents are xianxia (disregard whether it’s based on game or novels).

 

Alone this year: this drama, his majesty’s first love (Victoria song), the legend of the jade sword (Hawick Lau), legend of Fuyao (colour power stones aka magic), martial universe, legend of the Fire god (I think that with it’s called with some Taiwanese actor Chen something). The only drama that is closest to being a wuxia is the flame’s daughter, however still with one fantasy element being Yinxue’s a snowman and can’t really die (he could but they managed to explain why he didn’t lol).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carol Subtil said:

 

It's a shame there are so few xianxias being turned into drama ...
I particularly prefer to see a story about gods and immortals than a Wuxia cliché story about martial arts and sects ...

is the main reason I want to see this drama so much. I fell in love with the xianxia universe in TMOPB, and I hope to enjoy this drama too

 

Well some xianxias have been made the issue is that not all of them are high quality xianxias or have been able to air this year. I fell in love with xianxias during Journey of Flower. I would say TMOPB and Journey of Flower are some of the best xianxias out there. I hope that this adaptation turns out as good. 

 

 

3 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

 

Uhm, maybe we are in a different universe, but there are a lot of xianxias drama, more than wuxia. The only wuxia are that of Jin Rong (Louis Cha), however, they are all remake, so they are not new, or that of Gu Long, and again, remake. Whereas all the new stuffs are xianxia. I classed any drama with fantasy elemenents are xianxia (disregard whether it’s based on game or novels).

 

Alone this year: this drama, his majesty’s first love (Victoria song), the legend of the jade sword (Hawick Lau), legend of Fuyao (colour power stones aka magic), martial universe, legend of the Fire god (I think that with it’s called with some Taiwanese actor Chen something). The only drama that is closest to being a wuxia is the flame’s daughter, however still with one fantasy element being Yinxue’s a snowman and can’t really die (he could but they managed to explain why he didn’t lol).

 

 

I consider those more wuxia than xianxias since those are more focused on the martial arts aspects over immortals, magic, demons, Gods, etcs. And Majesty's First Love doesnt count because it is set on modern times and it involves aliens, it is more like a fantasy romance. 

Sadly this year there haven't been too many xianxias. Top of my head only Destiny of White Snake and Beauties in the Closet, which felt a bit more like a palace drama. I don't know about Martial Universe or Legend of the Fire God since they haven't aired yet. Martial Universe looks like it will heavily focus on martial arts but not sure. For me, some dramas can have some fantasy elements without really being xianxias. Just like some dramas have wuxia elements but you don't really consider them a wuxia per se, e.g. Princess Agents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who watched up to episode 9....

so is jing mi and feng huang actually half-siblings?  Since they share the same dad (the emperor)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...