Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

Found this clip of baby DL and YZ! You can see them sing together at around 22:40. Hope they sing the HSALF OST as well soon and even make some appearances on some shows together :D YZ has such a good voice, truly such a talented person - I admire her -_- Oh and DL too of course! although I can't get over the shirt he's wearing in the video :joy:

Love how they instantly went to hold each other's hand as if it's natural :wub: Even the main couple beside them didn't do that. Also, it seems everyone thinks DL looks Korean, they made him speak some around 27:50 ahahah. I wish I could understand Mandarin just for them :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My opinion regarding RY giving half his lingli for Jin Mi is that it might have been a manipulation on his part to make her indebted to him. I will never forget how manipulative RY is and how much he exploits people and their goodwill. And all this he says is for JM's good and because he loves her. I think it's because he does not want Phoenix to have JM. Remember in the earlier part of his spiral to evil, he said something like, Phoenix had always gotten everything, this time he (RY) will not let go of JM.  It's true what someone said earlier that RY drama version is more evil than in the book. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, dramacraze9006 said:

Scene after the wedding (I believe) and right before that back hug

Hide contents

JM gives XF the plant she cultivated. I read somewhere that XF ask JM what the color of the plant was, and of course she can't answer. :(

lqSvwZB.gif

doF5DGU.gif

This is the scene when he finally accepts her by telling her to start anew.

I am so sad ! It's ending this week :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

My memory of August 2018 will be this drama, HSALF (not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing).

Second this.

Also, who do you guys think suffered more in this relationship? Jin Mi or Xu Feng?

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally. Now, not so sure...

I don't think the OTP suffered equally. 

I think Jin Mi suffers less. Or should at least. Jin Mi's situation is essentially artificial. She had a Heartless Pill that tampered with her freedom of choice. If Jin Mi's emotions had not been imprisoned, there is a chance - a high chance I'd say - that she would not have stabbed Xu Feng. Her motives and actions are excusable - if only Jin Mi could forgive herself enough to see that. Further, Jin Mi did what I'd call a mercy killing. She decided on it and she did it. It hurt many yes but there was no cruelty in the act. In many ways, I can't say the same for Xu Feng.

I honestly think Xu Feng will suffer the most - as per the major storyline. Due to Jin Mi's 'betrayal', Xu Feng deliberately hurts Jin Mi by making her believe he is with Sui He. (Jin Mi never stoops to this level despite Xu Feng accusing her of doing so). Xu Feng also chooses to physically harm Jin Mi because he cannot help himself? (Beside the actual killing stab, Jin Mi has never harmed Xu Feng in person). The physical harm is the heaviest nail in the future-guilty-suffering coffin. The series didn't emphasise it, but Xu Feng is supposed to be representative of an ideal warrior as the God of War. Warrior codes typically include things like: don't play with your enemy. You either move on or end it mercifully. Anything in between would be considered cruel. Xu Feng will later realise his actions were cruel. There is no escaping that fact. But to be cruel by the most important personal standards he lives by - now that is a type of suffering that knows no bounds. Even if Jin Mi was guilty, there is no excuse for cruelty. So Xu Feng will suffer the most because he makes the most reprehensible mistake one can possibly make: being cruel to the one he loves most. 

One could say Run Yu was also cruel in his own way by manipulating Jin Mi. I never thought he genuinely loved Jin Mi, so I don't think any harm he did to her would've reflected on him as suffering. Certainly not to the level of Xu Feng's mistakes. 

I think between the pair, Xu Feng is the most human and relatable. Compared to Jin Mi, Xu Feng made choices and actions that were wholly his own. No fantasy pill for him. He cannot be excused nor escape the consequences of his actions. In that, he has been set up to suffer the most of all I believe. For if it was not so, there would be no mistakes or grounds for redemption. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

My opinion regarding RY giving half his lingli for Jin Mi is that it might have been a manipulation on his part to make her indebted to him. I will never forget how manipulative RY is and how much he exploits people and their goodwill. And all this he says is for JM's good and because he loves her. I think it's because he does not want Phoenix to have JM. Remember in the earlier part of his spiral to evil, he said something like, Phoenix had always gotten everything, this time he (RY) will not let go of JM.  It's true what someone said earlier that RY drama version is more evil than in the book. 

Well i am sure that he wished to save her life. He loves her, in his way. He loved his mother but abandonned her. A lot of abused children cant. The survivors does and if you have to choose between to survive or trample others...

But to be honest, JM owes him nothing. She had to risk her life to save XF because he manipulated her in killing him. JM may not realise it but RY knows.

In the same way, XF owes nothing to JM while she helps to his resurrection. Let's be honest, he would be alive, healthy, more powerful and with both parents alive if not for her backstabbing.

Still even with half his life, RY will live thousands of thousands of years. So well, he just cut in half his years of misery.

I just cant stand how the production is trying to make him look pitiful. Well, until his coup, you could be touched. Be envious of your legitimate younger brother but don't have him killed (it dont make any sense with all the story reinforcing their loving brotherly bond). And when his father fell (and died), he jumped toward JM because she fainted and nothing was showed toward his own father.

You cant feel for him because he is cold. Even though he seems nice and delicate,  he is actually too cold and manipulative. Worse, he dont feel guilty at all, even toward JM who he is supposed to be in love with. He obviously want to own her but his kind of love toward her is not what people usually seek in their partner's. You cant' trust him because even if he "loves" you, he can use you to get what he wants. Too selfish !

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Thank you!

Been going crazy with impatience. Dare we hope they MC before the war...just sayin, they owe us a second one.

Now, I can at least start the work week with some sanity.

My memory of August 2018 will be this drama, HSALF (not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing).

This question has been abused so many times but will this drama end on Monday or Tuesday?

Also, who do you guys think suffered more in this relationship? Jin Mi or Xu Feng?

Will be interested to hear your thoughts and why.

Personally, I used to think they suffered equally. Now, not so sure...

Same here in answer to who do I think suffered more.  And I would bow to Drama God(dess) if we get our 2nd MC, LOL.  Cannot wait for it all to be shown in the upcoming teasers!

In the novel I was leaning towards my poor Phoenix all the way.  He had the patience and unconditional love for this clueless grape,frost flower goddess.  Only because other than once the pill was spat out by JM, then was she be able to go through the emotional angst of feeing pain, love lost and guilt,  Before that I couldn't blame JM for her action, she seriuosly had no clue about her feelings that she went through with Phoenix and the improper education of it via Uncle Fox god.  XF in the novel I believed suffered more, but I guess with the drama adaptation they were able to even out the playing field of pain/suffering/angst for our OTP.  I felt equally sad for each of them.   But love isn't a game of who did what or suffered more etc.,  It is just love, that is all, no explanation no black and white, lots of shades of the rainbow.... just feelings of 2 individuals have for one another.

• Like 6

@Kimchi Sweet Potato To answer your question of who suffered the most, I think the viewers did. But regarding the relationship, probably all three suffered to the same extent. None of them can be blamed for their suffering too, because it was already fated from the start and it was just a domino effect of suffering ( first RY, then JM and then XF ). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

2 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

im talking about the wedding between Run Yu and Jin Mi. I think that was episode 45.

Ok i see, thanks! 

2 hours ago, dramacraze9006 said:

How many episodes suppose to come out today? Is it 2? 

There were two episodes 58 and 59. 

20 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

will they go beyond episode 60?? i don't think everything will fit in the last episode....

For sure there will be 63 episodes as they said. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

From a weibo account that leaks the show before the episode is up.

- The show ended without mentioning if XF knows Chun hua qiu shi is a part of JM. They did not explain why he used it as well.

-Last 2 episode is XF solo (him trying to revive JM) and only at the end that there are sweet parts.

-JM's not a mortal at the end of the show. So probably she cultivated into a higher being. The account mentioned something along the lines of her being more demon than god.

- XF did not consume the flower that JM conjured for him.

*imo it's probably because he felt guilty that JM died and he wasn't strong enough to protect her (because he didn't consume the flower before the battle) so he's punishing himself with the pill's counteract for the next 5000 years ;-;.

Edit: Sadly, they say that there isn't any spiritual cultivation scenes and novel epilogues

49 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

will they go beyond episode 60?? i don't think everything will fit in the last episode....

The drama ends at episode 63. Tuesday will be the finale ! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, renjunnie said:

Everyone, make your heart at ease with this scene. After XF died, my heart really hurt :bawling:

Hahaha, I really like Leo's acting as Puchi. Would 10/10 watch him play a character like that!

Although my favourite role of his is always Young Yi chen from My sunshine :w00t: (For people who's a fan of the actor and yet checked out that show)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dramacraze9006 said:

How many episodes suppose to come out today? Is it 2? 

Up to 59. I saw it raw on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Pantheragirl said:

So sad.. Spoiler when JM is dying :bawling:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Don’t worry it will be a happy ending. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, paperwishes said:

Hahaha, I really like Leo's acting as Puchi. Would 10/10 watch him play a character like that!

Although my favourite role of his is always Young Yi chen from My sunshine :w00t: (For people who's a fan of the actor and yet checked out that show)

Me too! It was so cute! I also really like that funny bgm xD That wink and shiver hahaha. I was hoping the demon realm wedding would be today but looks like it's the next two episodes tomorrow? I need all the episodes to air already and give me all those deleted scenes.

Did ya'll see that part when Night caught Puchi he tried to "close" his lips from speaking ill of him XD

• Like 1
  • LOL 3