Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

I just realized in the gifs Pu Chi is seen bowing the same time the bride and groom bow to each other. So, they are doing that puppet control thing again. Sigh, it would have been more romantic if Jin Mi was acting on her own accord...in any case at least it's Jin Mi not Sui He

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I just realized in the gifs Pu Chi is seen bowing the same time the bride and groom bow to each other. So, they are doing that puppet control thing again. Sigh, it would have been more romantic if Jin Mi was acting on her own accord...in any case at least it's Jin Mi not Sui He

I think it is her acting on her own. Before that Night had locked her up and drugged her. He says that the wedding will go as planned so I think PuChi and the Moon god rescue her and help take her to XF for various reasons. First they want to help them get together and second if the Emperor wants to force JM to marry him the only safe place for her is in the Demon realm. People from the flower world are gutsy but they are not powerful and everyone wants her to marry Night except for her friends. 

• Like 3

Wow .  I can't wait to today's episode. Is it one episode or two? Can someone translate what Phoenix tell her after he open her veil? Thankssss

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think it is her acting on her own. Before that Night had locked her up and drugged her. He says that the wedding will go as planned so I think PuChi and the Moon god rescue her and help take her to XF for various reasons. First they want to help them get together and second if the Emperor wants to force JM to marry him the only safe place for her is in the Demon realm. People from the flower world are gutsy but they are not powerful and everyone wants her to marry Night except for her friends. 

But why would JM choose to marry XF on her own? She still believes XF loves SH and hates her ( which is probably also why she agreed to marry RY ). I don't think she would have the guts to deceive XF again and marry someone that hates her? Of course, we won't know anything until this all plays out.

Maybe the scene where XF backhugs her is after the wedding scene, and they do make up before the war breaks out. If that's true, that would be so devastating for XF - losing JM right after they decide to finally reconcile. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, bluerosear said:

Wow .  I can't wait to today's episode. Is it one episode or two? Can someone translate what Phoenix tell her after he open her veil? Thankssss

It's only 1 ep tonight.

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, jehnnny99 said:

But why would JM choose to marry XF on her own? She still believes XF loves SH and hates her ( which is probably also why she agreed to marry RY ). I don't think she would have the guts to deceive XF again and marry someone that hates her? Of course, we won't know anything until this all plays out.

Maybe the scene where XF backhugs her is after the wedding scene, and they do make up before the war breaks out. If that's true, that would be so devastating for XF - losing JM right after they decide to finally reconcile. 

yeah dont know why she would but she def doesnt want to marry RY anymore bc she found out everything he did and she asks him to please let her go then he locks her up. The back hug is after the wedding fiasco.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some trans of the wedding scene :wub: 

*Again sorry for possible trans error*

Image 1:
- Give me a chance
- Let me from now on, compensate you 

Image 2: 
You can’t differentiate color
- How could you know that it’s pretty?
- Even if I know what color it is...

Image 3: 
- It doesn't belong to me
- Marrying me...
- Makes you that uncomfortable

Image 4:
- Also you really don't want to wear these clothes?
- We're just husband and wife in name only
- It's just an act

Image 5: Can't really translate this one, if I try I'm not sure if I'll trans it correctly, so I'll leave it off

Image 6:
- If you could cure __?__(him?)
- You thought by doing that
- You could compensate for your misery (Like he saying it will make her feel better since she compensating him back, is what i'm trying to say here^^)

Image 7:
- Do you know how much I resent you?
- I know

Image 8:
- I've been resenting myself up to now
- I still couldn't forget you
- Xu Feng 

Image 9:
- Let's not lie to ourselves and each other anymore
- I know whatever you're saying
- You're saying it for Sui He to hear

Image 10:
- You want to force her to use (Name of that fire spell move that SH used to kill Water/Wind god)
- You should be marrying a different man
- But you keep appearing here
- I don't know when (you? it's not "you" but idk what it is) leave how will you explain today (Something about don't know how to explain)

Image 11:
- Maybe
- We can restart back at the beginning.

***Would of been easier to figure out who say what if it was a video and trans, although some are pretty obvious as to who said it anyways***

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

56 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

If it is the puppet - and i agree - it looks like - i hope and think it will just like that in the start.

But Moon and Snake really trying hard to bring together what belongs together.

• Like 2

OMG,  ITS GETTING NASTY HERE!!!!!!!!!:anguished::mask:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/08/writers-and-production-in-cat-fight.html

Writers and Production in Cat Fight Over Ashes of Love Script Changes

Couple%2BAshes%2Bof%2BLove%2B2.jpg
The behind the scenes drama surrounding Ashes of Love 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 continues. We covered it last week. If you aren't updated yet, read first before you proceed. 

To sum it up, there have been many complains that the quality of the show went down midway due to additional scenes to the supporting cast while the main storyline got ignored. After all that hullabaloo, screenwriter Zhang Yuan'ang shared quite a lengthy explanation on her Weibo. (It's really lengthy. Settle in. Hehe)

Ashes%2Bof%2BLove%2Bscript%2Bchanged%2B2.png
In her explanation, she says that her team signed on for 36 episodes of Ashes of Love last August 2016 but the client wanted 50 episodes of the story which might not be feasible so they have compromised on 43 episodes instead. She further added that the work done on the additional 7 episodes were "free of charge".

Moreover, she explains that she turned over the final script on May 30, 2017 and had no contact with the client afterwards. It was when the show premiered that she learned that the drama will have 63 episodes and not 43 as was originally written. As the writer for the show, she naturally had concerns about the flow of the story and the quality of the drama with the additional 20 episodes. 

Ashes%2Bof%2BLove%2Bscript%2Bchanged%2B3.png
She further adds that her team who has worked on 43 episodes were not given top bill crediting for writing the drama but instead, Ma Jia was billed as the Head Writer while Zhang Yuan'ang's name was below the three producers from the client's side. 

Ashes%2Bof%2BLove%2Bscript%2Bchanged%2B1.png
Understandably, Zhang Yuan'ang and her team are pissed at what's happening. She immediately had the production script examined to investigate how much of their script was used in the drama and the results yielded that by episode 18, their script was used almost in 80% of the show. She requested a professional evaluation from an accreditation committee to review the usage to gauge if it would yield the same results.

Ashes%2Bof%2BLove%2Bscript%2Bchange%2B3.png
She explains further that the modification to her script was done between episode 18-34 where script usage of her work significantly decreased. There were also other modifications done to the script that she was not consulted for. 

She continues to call out the production team by saying this is the first time that a screenwriter fails to make top billing for the work done and get bumped off by a virtual nobody. She even shared that in the 10 months of production, the production team has not gotten in touch with them for revisions or clarifications.

Producer Andy Liu Ning had something else to say on the matter. He explains that the original script was shown to the TV Station and the Streaming Sites. Their feedback is still with him, and it's really indescribable (clearly, he meant it in a bad way). They had criticisms on odd character setup and excessive action scenes towards the last half of the story. They want a love story not an action movie. According to Liu Ning, she (Zhang Yuan'ang) always says that the first part was written well, but the script towards the end is so bad and she doesn't say anything. 1-12 is from the novel, what about 13 onwards, does she not have an idea?  

It gets more catty when Ma Jia posted this on her Weibo along with an explanation of her own.

MaJiaWeibo.jpeg
In the post, Ma Jia calls out Zhang Yuan'ang and basically tells her that her script sucked and her attitude insincere and that is the reason why their team was replaced. 

ReasonMaJia.jpeg
She provided an excerpt from the script that she found particularly laughable where fingerprints are the norm in a mythical tale.

Script.jpeg
She explains further that Zhang Yuan'ang was requested to modify the script and that she couldn't come to Beijing to consult on the script and even declined to have Ma Jia's writing team fly into Yunnan province, where Zhang Yuan'ang was based. 

She blames Zhang Yuan'ang for taking the attention away from the show and onto herself. 

In the end, Ma Jia posted a link for the public to view the script and judge for themselves. 

script1.jpeg
I am honestly speechless. Whatever the truth here is, I believe this should have been dealt with privately rather than creating making a spectacle of themselves. 

CR: DRAMAPANDA

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

OMG,  ITS GETTING NASTY HERE!!!!!!!!!:anguished::mask:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/08/writers-and-production-in-cat-fight.html

Writers and Production in Cat Fight Over Ashes of Love Script Changes

The behind the scenes drama surrounding Ashes of Love 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 continues. We covered it last week. If you aren't updated yet, read first before you proceed. 

To sum it up, there have been many complains that the quality of the show went down midway due to additional scenes to the supporting cast while the main storyline got ignored. After all that hullabaloo, screenwriter Zhang Yuan'ang shared quite a lengthy explanation on her Weibo. (It's really lengthy. Settle in. Hehe)

In her explanation, she says that her team signed on for 36 episodes of Ashes of Love last August 2016 but the client wanted 50 episodes of the story which might not be feasible so they have compromised on 43 episodes instead. She further added that the work done on the additional 7 episodes were "free of charge".

Moreover, she explains that she turned over the final script on May 30, 2017 and had no contact with the client afterwards. It was when the show premiered that she learned that the drama will have 63 episodes and not 43 as was originally written. As the writer for the show, she naturally had concerns about the flow of the story and the quality of the drama with the additional 20 episodes. 

She further adds that her team who has worked on 43 episodes were not given top bill crediting for writing the drama but instead, Ma Jia was billed as the Head Writer while Zhang Yuan'ang's name was below the three producers from the client's side. 

Understandably, Zhang Yuan'ang and her team are pissed at what's happening. She immediately had the production script examined to investigate how much of their script was used in the drama and the results yielded that by episode 18, their script was used almost in 80% of the show. She requested a professional evaluation from an accreditation committee to review the usage to gauge if it would yield the same results.

She explains further that the modification to her script was done between episode 18-34 where script usage of her work significantly decreased. There were also other modifications done to the script that she was not consulted for. 

She continues to call out the production team by saying this is the first time that a screenwriter fails to make top billing for the work done and get bumped off by a virtual nobody. She even shared that in the 10 months of production, the production team has not gotten in touch with them for revisions or clarifications.

Producer Andy Liu Ning had something else to say on the matter. He explains that the original script was shown to the TV Station and the Streaming Sites. Their feedback is still with him, and it's really indescribable (clearly, he meant it in a bad way). They had criticisms on odd character setup and excessive action scenes towards the last half of the story. They want a love story not an action movie. According to Liu Ning, she (Zhang Yuan'ang) always says that the first part was written well, but the script towards the end is so bad and she doesn't say anything. 1-12 is from the novel, what about 13 onwards, does she not have an idea?  

It gets more catty when Ma Jia posted this on her Weibo along with an explanation of her own.

In the post, Ma Jia calls out Zhang Yuan'ang and basically tells her that her script sucked and her attitude insincere and that is the reason why their team was replaced. 

She provided an excerpt from the script that she found particularly laughable where fingerprints are the norm in a mythical tale.

She explains further that Zhang Yuan'ang was requested to modify the script and that she couldn't come to Beijing to consult on the script and even declined to have Ma Jia's writing team fly into Yunnan province, where Zhang Yuan'ang was based. 

She blames Zhang Yuan'ang for taking the attention away from the show and onto herself. 

In the end, Ma Jia posted a link for the public to view the script and judge for themselves. 

I am honestly speechless. Whatever the truth here is, I believe this should have been dealt with privately rather than creating making a spectacle of themselves. 

CR: DRAMAPANDA

I hope someone can translate the Script because I want to know if it would have been actually better or not.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hey guys! apparently, YZ and DL might be a couple in another drama! I really could not get the name of the drama even when I google searched the translated title ( I'm guessing it's based on a book? ) 

I found the video on my suggested and was curious as the picture looked very edited, so wondered what the video was about lol. I used the auto-translate button and even though it's horribly translated, I got the gist of it. If it is true that theyre going to become the lead couple for another drama, I'm excited!:lol: Hopefully we'll get to see their usual sweet and teasing chemistry but with less heartbreak and tears ahahah

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Episode 58 & 59 Preview 

Scene: XF and Sui He
SH: XF! Why are you like this? How are you this cold?
XF: Get out.
SH: We've already prepared the wedding and you're like this. What exactly happen?
XF: I'm fine, it'll be fine later.
SH: ____?(name of the thing that revived him????)

Next Scene: *JM sees SH flies to RY place* 
(Not going to translate this exactly) Basically conversation with RY and SH. SH say that RY did something with the pill/elixir that revive XF. And XF is suffering because of it. And RY admitted that he did. He then say how she conversing with him so comfortably, have you talked to XF truthfully of how he was able to live again? That you didn't save him? SH say confidently, so what if he knows that JM saved him? But if JM knows that you already knew early on that the person who killed her father wasn't XF and was hiding it, misguiding her. I wonder how she would react? (This all happen when JM is listening)

Next Scene: Where JM confronted RY (Since I already translated this on Pg 43 (I believe) I won't translate the same stuff again.

In addition to that scene afterward:
RY: How could I let you go? *hugs her* JM, how can I let you go? I love you. Everything I've done, is for you. I've also thought, if I could marry you, to be with you in a lifetime, even if I have to remove my title as Emperor. I am willing to do it!
JM: That's enough! From now on, everything you say, I will not believe it ever again. 
RY: JM! I was wrong. I was really wrong. 
JM: You were never wrong. The person who was wrong, was me. *Takes out that Dragon scale (whatever u call it) and drops it on the floor. Looks at him disgustingly while walking away (hehehehe love that face)*
RY: *picks it up* JM...I was wrong. *does a creepy looking face* But, I've never regretted it.

Next Scene: ****Seems like a different day since she wearing a different clothes*****
RY: *drags JM* 
JM: Release me! Release me! What are you doing? What are you doing!? Release me!
RY: The wedding tomorrow, will happen like usual.
JM: Are you crazy, you...
RM: *uses something that makes her sleep?* 

End of Preview. Damn he's crazy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

OMG, RY is so cruel.  Look at his eyes!!!!!!! its has got dark aura.  But his acting is really good.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluerosear said:

Anybody see episode 57 today? any significant event happened? :o

Nothing new that the previews didn't show beside the part with the demon princess and her lover (wedding, etc...).

Can't wait for tomorrow double episode !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

Xu Feng Wedding Spoiler Gifs Enjoy :wub::) Fox & Snake Immortal will forever the best wingmans. I love them so much. :rolleyes:

Hide contents

XF: If you agree, let me make it up to you in the future

Hide contents

JM: What are you doing? Let go of me

RY: Mi Er, I'm telling you I'm definitely not letting go of you. The wedding will proceed as scheduled tomorrow

XF: Maybe, we can start from the beginning 

4 hours ago, chandergupt said:

can someone translate in english what they are saying in wedding arc. when phoneix remove jin mi viel as well as when he back hug her.

translated, see my previous post

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today was just the set up for tomorrow. XF was finally investigating stuff. Other pieces are lining up.

I guess tmr JM finds out about RY during the first episode and wedding is during the second episode.

Drama reached 10 billion views for those that keep track.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2