Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

Hello! I'm just about to begin at episode 45. Does the pacing of the storytelling get any faster after the wedding? The past few episodes have been dreary with unnecessary scenes.

23 minutes ago, Sary Em said:

Hide contents

Being a hardcore book fan.  I remember JM and XF had a wedding which was mentioned in one of the epilogue where they were (XF wanting to start a family with JM lol) JM stated he was more happy having a son than during their wedding.  Never read that he married SH or any wedding ceremony.  Only the invitations were sent.  After snake fairy pretended to be RY was she be able to escape the pslace and go to confess her love to XF. Then her demise....sooo sad and bittersweet.  So glad it was a big happy ending.

Spoiler

From what people are saying on MyDramaList, it would seem that Xu Feng wants to marry Sui He but that Moon Immortal is planning to switch the brides.

I hope it's not true because it would make 0 sense for Jin Mi to want to marry Xu Feng at this point. Granted, she loves him but why would she be willing to trick him into unknowingly marrying her when he's been treating her like sh%t and she believes he's in love with another woman? She has already played the dirtiest trick of all by literally stabbing him in the back and thus lost his trust. Why would she trick him again? Also she's had numerous examples of Xu Feng romancing Sui He and she experienced first-hand the pain of hearing him say the name of another woman while he was kissing her. Why would she want to substitute herself?

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what this scene is? I don't remember to have seen this before.

Is it possible or is it a fake image? 

Spoiler

3pe3qiv5y1wbv3i8k8wo.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluerosear said:

Hi All.... Can someone translate the preview 57-58? I am dying to know what they say.... hehehe

thanks all....

I tried my best translating from Viet to Eng. I'm not that great in vietnamese but hope ppl get the gist of what's happening. Sorry for any incorrect trans! Did my best ^^

Basically the preview in the first scene is the Uncle telling XF like why is he so dumb(stupid), that you’re willing to marry that witch Sui He. Did you know that JM, in order to save you, what she had to sacrifice? XF then replies that you’ve already seen that she used a sword and killed me. Uncle say “but JM already repay for her mistake. She used any way possible to find ____ (dk what that is in english, but you know the thing to revive him) She also almost lost her life…(not sure here)” XF replies, “No matter what she does, it has nothing to do with me anymore, from when she stabbed me in the back and afterward…(Not Sure)…We have nothing to do with each other anymore. Sui He is now the wife that I will marry. And afterward in my heart, there will be nobody else” Uncle replies back “You’re so stupid. Sui He is the one that killed the water god and wind god. You must listen to me” XF interrupts “Uncle. I have decided to have this wedding. You don’t have to say anything anymore” 

Next Scene RY and JM, I’m not sure how to translate hahaha sorry limited vietnamese issue
XF and the Demon Princess
DP: Probably in your heart, you’re not happy? 
XF: (I think saying like she tried different ways to split me and Sui He, sorry if I’m wrong) 
DP:….XF, you’re actually scared that if JM really saved you, you don't know how to face her right? 

Back to RY and JM Scene
RY: The 15th day next month…(something about first flower blooming?)…is a good day to get married.
JM: Then let’s get married
RY: *surprised* JM, what did you just say? 
JM: Didn’t you just say, that next month is a good day? Then let’s get married
RY: You’re saying the truth right?
JM: Yes
JM: Between the 3 of us, If there’s 2 people who are happy inside, (then it’s something good?) 

Snake God and Uncle Scene
Snake: …..(dk)…the 2 worlds are getting married….
Uncle: I really hate it…..(something)…these 4 people are wrong!…Hey, how about we change the wrong to right. 
Snake: How?
Uncle: (think he said making some potion? Dk afterward hahaha) 

End of preview

Edited by dramacraze9006
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Hello! I'm just about to begin at episode 45. Does the pacing of the storytelling get any faster after the wedding? The past few episodes have been dreary with unnecessary scenes.

Yes, the pace is fast as it going towards the end (ep 60). 

8 hours ago, yclove said:

@tenten0227,  can you please tell me which episode was it that  JM lost her color vision? I watched up to Ep 54 but didn't notice the part about her color blindness.

In episode 50, she gives her colors to the Emperor's brother in exchange for the sky light ingredient that is needed for the pill to revive Xu Feng. 

• Thanks 1

I'm joining late, but just want to say I'm totally head over heals for this drama since several weeks ago. Watched all subbed episodes some weeks ago and now am painfully watching the raws and slowly waiting for the subbed ones... 

Thanks for all the people that have been giving hints and explanations. I didn't know the actors but totally fell for them and the story is beautiful! Thank God for the 99,9% probable happy ending!!!! :blush:

my current desktop is this poster: can't get enough of it:

1*GEZuDDmZEBPterwPsuEHAg.jpeg

• Like 3

@Pantheragirl Thank you for sharing that photo. I am really looking forward to later on when he comes to get her. 

@dramacraze9006 Thank you for the translating of the preview episodes. 

In today's episodes, I don't care that SH is nice to Phoenix and she left everything behind to be with him in the underworld realm, she's pure evil. Like there's no words to explain it, she's just evil and I feel so sad/pity for her, because when she realized that Phoenix does not love her at all, she will be in real pain. Everything was all a lie, he didn't even love her, he just cares for her like the same.

I thought I share this to get over all these last painful episodes before it ends.

Spoiler

BTS video. They were rowing without the guy. Lol! :lol:

cr to ChinaJiangsuTVChannel

• Like 4

Spoiler

OMG!! The bride will be switched and it will be JM, look at this photo and her dress!!!!40406667_10212648059185360_1242786930702

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, mayra83 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

OMG!! The bride will be switched and it will be JM, look at this photo and her dress!!!!40406667_10212648059185360_1242786930702

I'm guessing the uncle and PuChiJun who did this switching. B) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dramacraze9006 said:

I tried my best translating from Viet to Eng. I'm not that great in vietnamese but hope ppl get the gist of what's happening. Sorry for any incorrect trans! Did my best ^^

Hide contents

Basically the preview in the first scene is the Uncle telling XF like why is he so dumb(stupid), that you’re willing to marry that witch Sui He. Did you know that JM, in order to save you, what she had to sacrifice? XF then replies that you’ve already seen that she used a sword and killed me. Uncle say “but JM already repay for her mistake. She used any way possible to find ____ (dk what that is in english, but you know the thing to revive him) She also almost lost her life…(not sure here)” XF replies, “No matter what she does, it has nothing to do with me anymore, from when she stabbed me in the back and afterward…(Not Sure)…We have nothing to do with each other anymore. Sui He is now the wife that I will marry. And afterward in my heart, there will be nobody else” Uncle replies back “You’re so stupid. Sui He is the one that killed the water god and wind god. You must listen to me” XF interrupts “Uncle. I have decided to have this wedding. You don’t have to say anything anymore” 

Next Scene RY and JM, I’m not sure how to translate hahaha sorry limited vietnamese issue
XF and the Demon Princess
DP: Probably in your heart, you’re not happy? 
XF: (I think saying like she tried different ways to split me and Sui He, sorry if I’m wrong) 
DP:….XF, you’re actually scared that if JM really saved you, you don't know how to face her right? 

Back to RY and JM Scene
RY: The 15th day next month…(something about first flower blooming?)…is a good day to get married.
JM: Then let’s get married
RY: *surprised* JM, what did you just say? 
JM: Didn’t you just say, that next month is a good day? Then let’s get married
RY: You’re saying the truth right?
JM: Yes
JM: Between the 3 of us, If there’s 2 people who are happy inside, (then it’s something good?) 

Snake God and Uncle Scene
Snake: …..(dk)…the 2 worlds are getting married….
Uncle: I really hate it…..(something)…these 4 people are wrong!…Hey, how about we change the wrong to right. 
Snake: How?
Uncle: (think he said making some potion? Dk afterward hahaha) 

End of preview

Thank you a lot for translated it to us, i was eager to know what they are saying, OHH!!!! XF is really stupid how after what his uncle told him about JM and SH he doesn't want to listen and don't care even he knows that SH killed JM's father and aunt?!!!! 

When he thought SH saved him, he wanted to devote himself to her but after knowing that it's JM who saved him, no reaction?!!!!!

I can't understand why the screewriter made him so silly and stubborn!!! it's a disappointment >_<

Four episodes remain only!!! it's a mess !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If yesterday's episodes made me sad, today's episodes made me even more sadder. I can't imagine tomorrow's episodes. lol 

It's not that XF's being clueless about SH being evil or that he was saved by JM. He's too caught up in his "vengeance" and hate (yet love) for JM, yet he's still trying to play it safe too. I think that at this point, XF just doesn't care if SH is a bad person and the one that killed JM's parents. To him, it doesn't change the fact that JM betrayed him by accusing him to be the murderer of her parents and stabbed/killed him. JM did send him so many mixed messages during their time in heaven realm, always confusing him - telling him she'll marry him then say nevermind she's going to marry Night instead. He felt played. I mean, I don't blame JM. It was the unfeeling pill and Night restoring it that caused her to feel that way. It's just that her telling him that she loves him and that she's sorry, is too abrupt for him. He doesn't know if she's being real with him or not anymore because of what he underwent with her previously. Love is blind and so is hate. 

My heart broke for JM though. When he returned her token back to her and she didn't want to take it back. Those painful tears she shed. I felt that. lol I'm excited fro tomorrow's episodes. I hope they did switch the brides. Hehhe. 

What annoys me is that they're still adding a few unnecessary scenes. I love the Princess but her story with Mu Ci has got to end. How long are they going to prolong this? We only have like 4 episodes left to cover OTP's scenes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm extremely saddened by what they have done to my favorite character Phoenix.  It appears that in the drama Xu Feng  doesn't even know that Jin saved him. Where as in the novel he always knew that it was her and was just using Sui He to punish her for what for basically murdering him and breaking his heart. I thought personally that Phoenix not knowing Jin Mi was the one who saved and makes him appear to others less intelligent. It makes no sense why do he'd want to marry Sui He  in the novel he wants to marry Sui He just to get back at Jin Mi and get revenge for his murder.  But in the drama it seems like he's trying to force himself to actually love Sui He which makes no sense since one he never showed any affection whatsoever for her previously and seemed almost annoyed by her company at times.  I still love this drama and it will definitely be in my top fantasy dramas.  that being said I'm a bit disappointed by how they're rushing through the final episodes just as I feared.  they spent too much time on Side characters and fail to develop the other two main leads outside of Night. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, mayra83 said:
  Hide contents

Thank you for this picture. I told you that it would be so. :) I hope. I really hope. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Although I always believed that the bride was Jin Mi, I am a bit apprehensive about the switch.

I would like to think that Xu Feng knows who he is marrying. Not because I am against the deception but rather I can't stomach the thought that he would actually go through the wedding with Sui He.

Now, I'm sorry Demon Princess but I may have to kill Mu Ci myself if they keep up with this storyline....

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Xu Feng is probably aware that JM is the bride but he likes to act like he's unaware. He obviously wants to proceed with the marriage with JM by acting like he thinks it's SH. We all know he's a stupid bird when it comes to love, but he's definitely not stupid in general. lol I lowkey, highkey wish the marriage goes through though but we all know it's going to get interrupted with the war. 

And oh my gosh. I remember someone mention how DL needs to put some chapstick on those dry lips of his and now I cannot unsee it. I can't stop staring at it. It's that distracting! :bawling:  :joy:

Also, they're giving Pu Chi a love story so late into the story. Like, why are they doing this to us now?! We're trying to just get our OTP's scenes from the novel without a rushed ending! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Xu Feng is probably aware that JM is the bride but he likes to act like he's unaware. He obviously wants to proceed with the marriage with JM by acting like he thinks it's SH. We all know he's a stupid bird when it comes to love, but he's definitely not stupid in general. lol I lowkey, highkey wish the marriage goes through though but we all know it's going to get interrupted with the war. 

And oh my gosh. I remember someone mention how DL needs to put some chapstick on those dry lips of his and now I cannot unsee it. I can't stop staring at it. It's that distracting! :bawling:  :joy:

Also, they're giving Pu Chi a love story so late into the story. Like, why are they doing this to us now?! We're trying to just get our OTP's scenes from the novel without a rushed ending! 

I agree with u abt Deng Lun chap lips. I can only focus on his chap lips. I keep saying put on some lip balm... Lol

Again, I think I mention this before his eyes are the best quality bez it express his emotion so well. Single eyelids really suit him very well. Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayra83 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

YES! Thank you for sharing! As upsetting as it was for JM to stab Phoenix, I think she suffered enough and yes! Thank you uncle for making the switch!

• Like 2

Wow, XF really is a birdbrain. He knows someone killed JM's dad and stepmom, and he knows that he didn't do it...so who on earth does he think did it? He keeps saying it's impossible for SH to use the Glass Fire, but he knows SOMEONE other than himself and his mother must have used the Glass Fire to kill JM's parents. Even if he doesn't want to believe JM, he has to admit that someone close to his mother is the likeliest suspect, both in terms of ability and motive. And c'mon, isn't he at least curious to find out who framed him? I really want to smack some sense into that pretty little head of his right now...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1