Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

Two Words to the Wedding...

It is true - JM gets all back what she let Phönix suffer before.

She did not believed in Phönix ...

he will not believe her now...

so for the wedding - she nearly married someone else

and i believe she will get that back too - but nearly - not happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

okay.. i think i miss out a part.. since when Jin Mi has eye issue? after she revive Xu Feng? 

I think Xu Feng knew that she is the rabbit, don't you all think so?

I think he knew she is there all the while........

Spoiler

Yes, I am pretty sure he knew she was the Rabbit , i think because of this he saved the rabbit ^^ he still care about her but hidden it until the great battle between him and Night or maybe before as there is a scene where he hold her back and a wedding scene!!!

• Like 2

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this.  This drama is really great.  If I could add my 2 cents about Phoenix.  I understand the whole revenge thing, but I think that as a military commander of a heavenly army for untold years, you're telling me you can't see thru Sui He?  How many ppl have the ability to make glass fire?  Who has followed your mom for years...?  I mean, is it really hard to put 2 & 2 together?   And knowing that she's behind it all, using her, the one who essentially sent you to your death and separated you from your true love as a smoke screen to punish Jin Mi just seems... anyways.  I think as far as characters go, that's the only flaw with phoenix.  I think that's what was refreshing about Ye Hua in TMOPB, he saw thru the bs.  Still loving Phoenix, just saying my thoughts. Ren Yu's character is really amazing, silent waters run deep.  Such a good drama/book. 

Edited by mimidq8
  • Like 7

Hello, I just recently got into this drama and it's so good so far!!! 

Anyone know how to use he spoiler tag, not sure how! ^^ (Edit: Got it to work!)

Seems like in the preview ep 57 & 58, the matchmaking god (one in red, uncle of XF & RY) is planning to switch the brides :D 

After watching the preview from here:

https://www.facebook.com/Huongmattuakhoisuong2018VN/videos/229915414346806/

So excited! If that really happens then that must be where the scene with XF back hugging JM comes to play:wub:

Edited by dramacraze9006
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi, I finally decide to join this hot discussion:D. I have not watch the entire of the drama since the beginning rather bore me. Naive heroine is just not my type; it annoys me. I am waiting for the sub to come out for the entire drama so I can finish it in one swoop. Therefore, I cannot comment how the drama give more time to second male lead than the main one. Your comments dread me anyhow .... Perhaps I will just fast forward through the filler episode .....

I am quite familiar with the novel. Since I hate naive heroine, parts that interested me start from when Jin Mi kills Xu Feng. Here is the angst that I like! Thus, I start watching the raw when Jin Mi kills Xu Feng. I feel that the drama tries to soften Xu Feng. I don't know what the drama want to achieve by softening Xu Feng since I don't think it increases his character appeal. Please, he is a great commander of army. This is not a soft man. This reminds me of Legend of Yun Xi that also suffer from the same problem; trying to soften the main male lead. If by softening the male lead, we can get more emotional scene, I am okay with that. But this softening process then lead to a weakened male lead .......

I cannot say that I like  how the redemption arc is depicted in the drama. This is the arc that I love the most from the novel. Finally Jin Mi shed her naive self and aware of her feeling that lead her to feel such a pain that all physical pain cannot compare. It doesn't matter what justification she has, fact remains that she has killed the man she loves by her own hands. She is in such pain that she can no longer find enjoyment in life. All she does after awaking, is trying to find a way to revive Xu Feng. She literally goes crazy with her obsession to revive Xu Feng and can care of nothing else. And when Xu Feng revived, all she wants to do is seeing him. I wish I can see this devastating emotion in the drama. But up to this point I am quite disappointed with what I saw in the drama. I know lots of people like how Jin Mi lost her eyesight to save Xu Feng. But in the novel, Jin Mi sacrifice her divine essence instead (I don't know whether the drama keeps this or not, needs to wait for sub). Since the beginning of the story we know that Jin Mi loves divine essence very much. So when she can give this up like something out of value just for a chance reviving someone that she thinks killed her father, tells a lot of how much she loves Xu Feng.

Next thing is how she needs a sign (bloomed phoenix tree) to decide to go see Xu Feng or not ....:blink: What the redemption arc should show is how much Jin Mi loves Xu Feng. Even though she know that he killed her father (she thinks), she just cannot help herself. The need to see Xu Feng is like a need to breath for her at that point of time.

I just hope the war scene doesn't end with Run Yu having upper hand. It is one thing to make a complicated and interesting second lead but it is another thing if in doing that you weaken your main lead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

Sui He name during kiss part.

Hide contents

I think they will probably only bring it up then that he was only doing it to make her jealous. But that he was not really drunk. Well it's what I hoping will happen anyways :rolleyes: hehe. 

I have a hard time believing that they will find the time to add such a conversation with everything that still needs to happen plotwise. They wasted a perfect opportunity of showing without telling in just a couple of seconds. They just had to have him open his eyes after Jin Mi left.

I hope you are right and that it will be clarified later though.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Hi, I finally decide to join this hot discussion:D. I have not watch the entire of the drama since the beginning rather bore me. Naive heroine is just not my type; it annoys me. I am waiting for the sub to come out for the entire drama so I can finish it in one swoop. Therefore, I cannot comment how the drama give more time to second male lead than the main one. Your comments dread me anyhow .... Perhaps I will just fast forward through the filler episode .....

I am quite familiar with the novel. Since I hate naive heroine, parts that interested me start from when Jin Mi kills Xu Feng. Here is the angst that I like! Thus, I start watching the raw when Jin Mi kills Xu Feng. I feel that the drama tries to soften Xu Feng. I don't know what the drama want to achieve by softening Xu Feng since I don't think it increases his character appeal. Please, he is a great commander of army. This is not a soft man. This reminds me of Legend of Yun Xi that also suffer from the same problem; trying to soften the main male lead. If by softening the male lead, we can get more emotional scene, I am okay with that. But this softening process then lead to a weakened male lead .......

I cannot say that I like  how the redemption arc is depicted in the drama. This is the arc that I love the most from the novel. Finally Jin Mi shed her naive self and aware of her feeling that lead her to feel such a pain that all physical pain cannot compare. It doesn't matter what justification she has, fact remains that she has killed the man she loves by her own hands. She is in such pain that she can no longer find enjoyment in life. All she does after awaking, is trying to find a way to revive Xu Feng. She literally goes crazy with her obsession to revive Xu Feng and can care of nothing else. And when Xu Feng revived, all she wants to do is seeing him. I wish I can see this devastating emotion in the drama. But up to this point I am quite disappointed with what I saw in the drama. I know lots of people like how Jin Mi lost her eyesight to save Xu Feng. But in the novel, Jin Mi sacrifice her divine essence instead (I don't know whether the drama keeps this or not, needs to wait for sub). Since the beginning of the story we know that Jin Mi loves divine essence very much. So when she can give this up like something out of value just for a chance reviving someone that she thinks killed her father, tells a lot of how much she loves Xu Feng.

Next thing is how she needs a sign (bloomed phoenix tree) to decide to go see Xu Feng or not ....:blink: What the redemption arc should show is how much Jin Mi loves Xu Feng. Even though she know that he killed her father (she thinks), she just cannot help herself. The need to see Xu Feng is like a need to breath for her at that point of time.

I just hope the war scene doesn't end with Run Yu having upper hand. It is one thing to make a complicated and interesting second lead but it is another thing if in doing that you weaken your main lead.

This is what as been bothering as I watched the raw episodes.  I just don't sense the devastation from Jin Mi, the feeling that she's under a voodoo spell she can't get rid of and the glacial way Xu Feng treats her as a demon lord. As a fan of both Yang Zi and Deng Lun, I feel cheated that I am not able to see this enacted. And I am tired of the wasted time on characters that barely had an impact in the novel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mimidq8 said:

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this.  This drama is really great.  If I could add my 2 cents about Phoenix.  I understand the whole revenge thing, but I think that as a military commander of a heavenly army for untold years, you're telling me you can't see thru Sui He?  How many ppl have the ability to make glass fire?  Who has followed your mom for years...?  I mean, is it really hard to put 2 & 2 together?   And knowing that she's behind it all, using her, the one who essentially sent you to your death and separated you from your true love as a smoke screen to punish Jin Mi just seems... anyways.  I think as far as characters go, that's the only flaw with phoenix.  I think that's what was refreshing about Ye Hua in TMOPB, he saw thru the bs.  Still loving Phoenix, just saying my thoughts. Ren Yu's character is really amazing, silent waters run deep.  Such a good drama/book. 

I feel the same. It might be his only real flaw but it's starting to ruin the drama for me because I can't stand him being so clueless when it goes against everything his character is supposed to be. It makes 0 sense that he just trusts in everything blindly. Makes me want to rewatch Fuyao, where the leads are intelligent from start to finish and see through all the BS.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pantheragirl said:

I just found this now :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This will be JM after life become a human. JM died in the war when she sacrified herself to save XF. After that, she turned into a human next life. XF found her and grabbed her when she's on the way to marry the king.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, missnymeria said:

I have a hard time believing that they will find the time to add such a conversation with everything that still needs to happen plotwise. They wasted a perfect opportunity of showing without telling in just a couple of seconds. They just had to have him open his eyes after Jin Mi left.

I hope you are right and that it will be clarified later though.

I'm thinking maybe they are gonna put it towards his confession because that will have a bigger impact on the audience. Because when I read that part in the book my heart was torn to pieces. I cried so much reading that chapter. And seeing how his last confession was a important part of the story I'm hoping they will add it in.

Also, I honestly feel the writers like torturing the viewers hahaha :lol::rolleyes: So there might be a good chance they will put it in so we can all be up in our feelings.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

I'm thinking maybe they are gonna put it towards his confession because that will have a bigger impact on the audience. Because when I read that part in the book my heart was torn to pieces. I cried so much reading that chapter. And seeing how his last confession was a important part of the story I'm hoping they will add it in.

Ya, I cried when reading that chapter too. It's too heart wrenching. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hapiangle said:

Ya, I cried when reading that chapter too. It's too heart wrenching. 

I thought that chapter was the most heart wrenching part of the entire book.

• Like 3

Ummnn... not to be that guy.... I have few problems with how the story flows in this drama.. but mostly I want to reserved my judgement till the end of the story... 

But.. from ep 54, about that two crazy prince... did anyone get their rapey vibe and what they are going to do to that female prisoner? I kinda wondered what's the use of this scene?

To be honest... I'm never comfortable with rape that is being used as a punishment or a plot device in media... And to see it shown in this drama it makes me wonder....

Because the way I see it, it can only mean one of this thing :

- Will it be a foreshadowing of Sui He's fate ? ( which if this happen, I still don't like it... Sui He needs to be punished but not like this. Kill her.. torture her if you must.. but rape is so demeaning.)

- Will it be a foreshadowing that somewhere those two will be let loose and almost hurt Jin Mi before she was rescued? 

- Or this scene will not mean anything and not going to be explored again? If this happen, it will prove my point that this is very an unnecessary scene..

I get it that the writers wants to show us Sui He's real nature.. but isn't already obvious that Sui He is very devious and also cruel?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Ummnn... not to be that guy.... I have few problems with how the story flows in this drama.. but mostly I want to reserved my judgement till the end of the story... 

But.. from ep 54, about that two crazy prince... did anyone get their rapey vibe and what they are going to do to that female prisoner? I kinda wondered what's the use of this scene?

To be honest... I'm never comfortable with rape that is being used as a punishment or a plot device in media... And to see it shown in this drama it makes me wonder....

Because the way I see it, it can only mean one of this thing :

- Will it be a foreshadowing of Sui He's fate ? ( which if this happen, I still don't like it... Sui He needs to be punished but not like this. Kill her.. torture her if you must.. but rape is so demeaning.)

- Will it be a foreshadowing that somewhere those two will be let loose and almost hurt Jin Mi before she was rescued? 

- Or this scene will not mean anything and not going to be explored again? If this happen, it will prove my point that this is very an unnecessary scene..

I get it that the writers wants to show us Sui He's real nature.. but isn't already obvious that Sui He is very devious and also cruel?  

I think that scene is just to show Sui He's cruelness and that scene will not be explored again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

Also, I honestly feel the writers like torturing the viewers hahaha :lol::rolleyes: So there might be a good chance they will put it in so we can all be up in our feelings.

I really hope you are right!

In any case, I've decided to stop watching the drama until all the episodes are released and have been subbed. I've had issues with it ever since the wedding and it's just too frustrating to watch the demon realm arc which both feels too rushed and too draggy. I'm not digging how clueless they made Xu Feng in the drama and I'll only be able to continue watching when I know I can go straight to the finish line by watching episodes back-to-back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, missnymeria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Only Xu Feng is wearing the same clothes. Jin Mi is wearing a regular plain black dress and the veiled lady is wearing the same embroidered wedding clothes as Xu Feng.

From what I gather, in the novel he was ready to marry Sui He  but then Run Yu brought his army to get a captive Jin Mi back.

It sucks but I think the wedding picture we see is Xu Feng actually going through his wedding ceremony with Sui He. The scene between Jin Mi and Xu Feng probably takes place before the wedding. Maybe another twisted mind game on Xu Feng's part. Run Yu probably crashes the ceremony just before it's completed.

I hope I'm wrong and that it's not Sui He in the picture but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope it is not true but what can we do as viewers.  

My theory, here's hoping as it was briefly mentioned in novel

Spoiler

Being a hardcore book fan.  I remember JM and XF had a wedding which was mentioned in one of the epilogue where they were (XF wanting to start a family with JM lol) JM stated he was more happy having a son than during their wedding.  Never read that he married SH or any wedding ceremony.  Only the invitations were sent.  After snake fairy pretended to be RY was she be able to escape the pslace and go to confess her love to XF. Then her demise....sooo sad and bittersweet.  So glad it was a big happy ending.

• Like 4

@Hapiangle.. Yup, I really hope so. It's still an unnecessary scene .. but I hope it won't show up again.

Edit :

Yup.... with the recent development, I think I agree with you that it definitely won't show up again. Sui He will get her just punishment soon.

• Like 1