[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

Omg I cried so much from this clip, my mom was like why are you bawling your eyes out. I think the emperor finally redeemed himself 

Spoiler

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4277034608690983

Heaven emperor hurts his inner energy after seeing his son's death and I'm not sure exactly what happened. Someone who's Chinese is better than mine care to explain? Thank you! 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4277195506705414

she wakes up in half a year and doesn't remember what happens, but the memories does come back 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, angel318 said:

Can someone explain to me what RY does with the stars...? My Chinese isn't good enough to understand hehe 

He manipulate the dreams from the Nightmare beast so JM can "see" that it was "Phoenix" who killed the parents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seriously, I'm so angry. If they like RY so much then WRITE HIM AS THE LEAD!!!! Why, why do they have to do that to Phoenix. They stick to the events in the novel, but they turn Phoenix into a dumb, weak richard simmons little bird, who incapable of doing anything! In the novel, the moment XF step in to the wedding, it was a done deal! RY could have completely lost if it wasn't for JM literally backstabbing XF! But in the drama cut, they make it look like it doesn't even matter that XF is there, becaus RY has everything in place and is going to win no matter what!?! Then what is the point of JM backstabbing?!

Book!XF was so epic in this scene, they somehow manage to give ALL of the glory to RY! When I watch the cut, I didn't cry because of the tragedy in the drama, I cried because of the disaster that is the character Xu Feng, which has completely crumble up to this point! Based on the future scenes in the trailer, I don't think it's going to get better after XF become the Demon Lord. They are going to buff the new Heavenly Emperor some more, as the wise king and the perfect lover and the Demon Lord will become the love sick puppy who has everything handed to him and, again, incapable of doing anything! 

Mark my word! (I honestly hope I'm wrong, but it's pretty much hopeless at this point):unamused:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, angel318 said:

Omg I cried so much from this clip, my mom was like why are you bawling your eyes out. I think the emperor finally redeemed himself 

Reveal hidden contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4277034608690983

Heaven emperor hurts his inner energy after seeing his son's death and I'm not sure exactly what happened. Someone who's Chinese is better than mine care to explain? Thank you! 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4277195506705414

she wakes up in half a year and doesn't remember what happens, but the memories does come back 

Omg, that first clip was perfection. Well done. That 5 minutes was worth the last 5 episodes...

I mentioned previously that sometimes the background music was meh, but it was great they finally used Mao Buyi's song in that scene.

Didn't watch the second clip. Will wait for subs. Didn't want to spoil myself too much.

I think we are back on track people!!!

@gleek49 I feel like the lovesick puppy for this show. I'll take almost anything as long as the OTP is in it.

I wonder if they will let Xu Feng keep one of his most memorable lines: Jin Mi, I think there will finally be a day where I will kill you. (transalation cr. Decembi).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

@gleek49 I feel like the lovesick puppy for this show. I'll take almost anything as long as the OTP is in it.

I wonder if they will let Xu Feng keep on of his most memorable lines: Jin Mi, I think there will finally be a day where I will kill you. (transalation cr. Decembi).

Well, they did gave most of his epic lines to RY, so you never know <_<

I'm so pissed, they destroy XF so RY can look better, how can they be so shameless? They even have the balls to blame Deng Lun for the mess (they said he neglected the drama for some other reality show). This is even worse than CITT, because this is the book author's idea, she purposely destroys the male lead because she still has "lingering feelings" towards the second lead :crazy: Honestly!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

Well, they did gave most of his epic lines to RY, so you never know <_<

I'm so pissed, they destroy XF so RY can look better, how can they be so shameless? They even have the balls to blame Deng Lun for the mess (they said he neglected the drama for some other reality show). This is even worse than CITT, because this is the book author's idea, she purposely destroys the male lead because she still has "lingering feelings" towards the second lead :crazy: Honestly!

where did you read about DL abandoning the drama for a reality show? I feel like he really put in a lot of effort into this drama. I think the leads acted really well, maybe bc they're comfortable with each other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

Seriously, I'm so angry. If they like RY so much then WRITE HIM AS THE LEAD!!!! Why, why do they have to do that to Phoenix. They stick to the events in the novel, but they turn Phoenix into a dumb, weak richard simmons little bird, who incapable of doing anything! In the novel, the moment XF step in to the wedding, it was a done deal! RY could have completely lost if it wasn't for JM literally backstabbing XF! But in the drama cut, they make it look like it doesn't even matter that XF is there, becaus RY has everything in place and is going to win no matter what!?! Then what is the point of JM backstabbing?!

Book!XF was so epic in this scene, they somehow manage to give ALL of the glory to RY! When I watch the cut, I didn't cry because of the tragedy in the drama, I cried because of the disaster that is the character Xu Feng, which has completely crumble up to this point! Based on the future scenes in the trailer, I don't think it's going to get better after XF become the Demon Lord. They are going to buff the new Heavenly Emperor some more, as the wise king and the perfect lover and the Demon Lord will become the love sick puppy who has everything handed to him and, again, incapable of doing anything! 

Mark my word! (I honestly hope I'm wrong, but it's pretty much hopeless at this point):unamused:

Can't  say more this really disaster to the end of the drama they change fenghuang  character drastically... at start they production smoothly close to the book but toward the end the change so much until i cant recognized fenghuang enymore

• Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 5:40 AM, dancingbee said:

Friends,

Please let me ask your opinion. Between these brothers, Fire Immortal and Night Immortal, who has better qualification to rule the heaven after their father ( the father who does not have any qualification whatsoever as the current Heaven Emperor ) ?

I vote for night coz he more like his father can use any method for keep his throne not like fenghuang dont like schemes other for his glory thats will bring disaster to the peace of heaven ... i just want see fenghuang life his live happily without fear the rebellion from other to take his position

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, angel318 said:

where did you read about DL abandoning the drama for a reality show? I feel like he really put in a lot of effort into this drama. I think the leads acted really well, maybe bc they're comfortable with each other.

I know that he put a lot of effort into this, that's why I'm mad. I was saying that the production team did DL dirty by blaming it on him.

The drama is all over weibo. Ironically, Heavy Sweetness has never been more famous because of the mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thehumantree said:

I like it but I also don't like it. It look like he's still mad and plotting against her. Then again, Jinmi should feel some pain after what she put the Phoenix through.

Yes. It's going to be some heartbreaking things coming up. 

It wouldn't been better if they went accordingly to the book, but it's okay. Let's hope that the remaining episodes will turn out good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

I know that he put a lot of effort into this, that's why I'm mad. I was saying that the production team did DL dirty by blaming it on him.

The drama is all over weibo. Ironically, Heavy Sweetness has never been more famous because of the mess.

Ohhh thanks for clearing it up! 

I read the novel which I enjoy I enjoyed. Heavy Sweetness Ash like Frost!  That being said these last few episodes with the exception of episode 36 and 37 have been dragging. The demon princess gets sooooo much screen time with her lover. Night I  wouldn't mind so much if they weren't giving many of Phoenix's lines and actions to him.  this reminds me of another fantasy C drama I like Ice Fantasy. The main male lead Ka Suo  got a complete character overhaul because the Riders gave most of his personality and character traits and story arcs to the second male lead his brother Shi.  in the novel Ice Fantasy Shi dies in like the third chapter of the novel and it never even seen again until like the end in the drama. He's technically alive the entire drama.  The writers ruined a good character for the sake of the second lead character who wasn't even supposed to be the lead heck he wasn't even supposed to still be alive in the drama. I hope Heavy Sweetness Ash like Frost saves this from becoming the next CITT or the next Ice Fantasy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

I heard that the producer defended Deng Lun!!

lol!! Bad news can also be good news cuz people that weren't into the drama will now be curious about it. It'll be good for the ratings!! :)

• Like 1

Here we go. More previews for tomorrow's episode. I understand it's not going like we expected in the book, but I hope it turns out well for the drama. Really looking forward to tomorrow's episodes.

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner ann-sjhae

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The drama is really... everywhere on weibo.

But that being said, for people who's thinking of watching it. 

It's not that it became a really bad bad drama. Tbh, It's better than quite a number of series out there. It's just that the potential for it to become a classic has been wasted. 

;-; Despite how disappointed I am about the changes. I'll still watch it to the end for Yangzi & Denglun. It's really wasted potential because, the lead actors fit so well as their roles. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, thehumantree said:

I heard that the producer defended Deng Lun!!

lol!! Bad news can also be good news cuz people that weren't into the drama will now be curious about it. It'll be good for the ratings!! :)

I don't think people would wanna watch a drama where main leads become cameo for the second male lead sob story. Ratings and douban score have been falling down the cliff for the past few days, people are bashing it all over weibo. It's not the kind of famous you would want for you drama. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, angel318 said:

I am going to talk about this bc it made me angry. The one to bring this topic up was actually the producer. No one had said anything about DL, fans were complaining about the script and too much screentime for supporting characters. Then the producer came our with a long post defending Dent Lun and people were like?? Where did you see that? It felt to me that to divert attention from the problem they were trying to create some controversy regarding DL. Like ohh is not us screwing the story it was his fault. 

That is why I am glad some of the writers chat came out where it says that production hired a second team and changed the original script to give Night more screentime. 

Judging this production hard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, most people complaining are Book/Drama fan :p Although, /coughs/ some people just sum them all up as Denglun's fan. Surprisingly, Denglun fans are pretty chill, they're the ones thats trying to get people to stop fighting and watch the show to support their actor. 

Denglun side clarified his schedule (producer defended him too) and his schedule for his variety show has never held back the filming. But I thin

• Like 1

Yep people complaining are book fans and they have plenty of reason. Like each passing day our reasons for complaining just keep piling on. 

I honestly feel like the production was trying to drag DL to take some heat off themselves. They need to own their mistakes.

Exhibit A of why book fans get angry. It seems like they changed XF's resurrection. Of course they had to involve RY bc he has to be everywhere. 

6d40f7f4ly1funbf4yninj20p01fz11f.jpg

6d40f7f4ly1funbf53epdj20p01xbamm.jpg

Seriously? That was how JM redeemed herself. Not only did they ruin XF they also ruined RY. He was a villain I found really evil but I liked hating him. Now every time I see him my eye twitches. 

Sui He is the only one that cares about XF and honestly she deserves better. People are going to forgive all the people RY killed and how many people he made suffer to get what he wanted and he is getting off scotch free while SH will have to pay. 

I am so mad at all these changes :triumph:

• Like 4