[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

Now I am starting to disect the scenes in the ost opening and ending.  I don't think this one was in the novel either.

Spoiler

I see a wedding ceremony in the demon world, is it SH or JM who is the bride with Phoenix.  As well there's a scene where XF has JM swinging around in his garden, in the area of the tree of love/destiny she gifted him, is that the first scene of "mutual cultivation?"  in the novel that was their time under the stars. hehehe, I think it links with kissing scene in the drama under the tree of destiny?  Sorry I tried to snippet the scenes but couldn't do it here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Here is a screenshot of the moment I keep talking about possibly being very close to the end.

Reveal hidden contents

She is wearing a wedding outfit and he is wearing black, which would fit the ending of the book. They also seem to be in the human world. 

tumblr_pdh9k6JRWW1sakenqo1_540.png

The only other time JM wore red on the drama was for this scene but her outfit is different

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo1_640.jpg

see she has a smaller head piece

But he did not return as he was a heavenly creature bc I remember the book saying he had descended. I have seen that used for immortal beings who are not longer seen as part of heaven due to some action they took, etc. I kind of associated with a fallen angel like they have fallen to the Demon world but I am not sure if this analogy is correct. 

I don't know, I have a feeling the drama is going to give a little twist where Phoenix does get descended from heaven or like he chooses to to go into the human realm to find JM as she reincarnate. My guess is going to be they do meet and gets married. Because there are scenes of him dress in those commoner black/navy outfit and he's drunk and crying as he misses JM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Love the theme song. 

There is a part where JM spill the pill and part where she sacrifice herself between brother fight. I think i saw that XF manage to transform back to phoenix. 

If he reborn as demon lord , does this mean the phoenix change to black? Then look like crow lei... Lol

He's not exactly reborn--it's more like resurrection.

Spoiler

After he dies, there is still one sliver of his soul left, and Jin Mi uses an elixir to revive him from that bit of soul. He's still the same Phoenix, and not a crow.

After he is resurrected, he defeats the rest of the demon kings and becomes the lord of the Demon Realm. The reason he wears all black is because that's what people from the Demon Realm wear.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sary Em said:

Now I am starting to disect the scenes in the ost opening and ending.  I don't think this one was in the novel either.

Reveal hidden contents

I see a wedding ceremony in the demon world, is it SH or JM who is the bride with Phoenix.  As well there's a scene where XF has JM swinging around in his garden, in the area of the tree of love/destiny she gifted him, is that the first scene of "mutual cultivation?"  in the novel that was their time under the stars. hehehe, I think it links with kissing scene in the drama under the tree of destiny?  Sorry I tried to snippet the scenes but couldn't do it here.

I kept wondering when those scenes are gonna come up, but I guess it's gonna come up when they both return back to the heaven realm and start their "mutual cultivation" Then we are gonna get like last minute scenes of them together before the whole wedding misunderstanding stuff.

Honestly, even similar pace as the drama is going with the novel, I think they are really going to give use some twist and turns, because it's too obvious if they go the exact same route as the novel. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sary Em said:

So glad for the 5 epilogues.  That made up for the ending being so short without detailed explanations.  But it is a HEA, that's all that matters for my romantic heart.  I honestly prefer HSALF storyline more than TMOPB.  And the drama so far is meeting my expectations.  Yay!  

I like HSALF more than TMOPB too... but very happy both were adapted into dramas. I hope to see Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes and Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang in the future (if they ever get adapted). Then my xianxia dream is fulfilled. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

I hope its not a story where they lose their powers at the end and live as mortals i hate those crappy ending's. 

Definitely not I think. Some epilogue really need them to be God lol.

I really think Moon god is the culprit for many misunderstanding JM made for lingli with XF.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sary Em said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know what you mean. I don't know if it is SH or JM but I have a bad feeling it is SH bc there are pics of her dressed in that outfit. There are also some bts pics of JM in that outfit but fans think it is probably XF picturing JM instead of SH. Now my hope is that she comes in the middle and stops the ceremony. 

The garden scene is the first mutual cultivation. In the book they mention the tree, I think it is the tree that she made bloom with Phoenix flowers. 

9 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I don't know, I have a feeling the drama is going to give a little twist where Phoenix does get descended from heaven or like he chooses to to go into the human realm to find JM as she reincarnate. My guess is going to be they do meet and gets married. Because there are scenes of him dress in those commoner black/navy outfit and he's drunk and crying as he misses JM.

The book said he descended when he revived so I always saw it as he descended to the demon world. I guess theoretically he could live somewhere else but he chose the demon world to protect himself. He will stay in the Demon world as their leader, he will just go and find JM. 

4 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I like HSALF more than TMOPB too... but very happy both were adapted into dramas. I hope to see Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes and Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang in the future (if they ever get adapted). Then my xianxia dream is fulfilled. 

ME TOO! I love those two stories <3 plus Jianghu Road is Curved. The later being more wuxia. I have been waiting for those to get adapted for a long time but so far nothing :( 

I liked HSALF and TMOPB about the same. I think the drama was better than the book for TMOPB and I hope the same is true for this one. 

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

I hope its not a story where they lose their powers at the end and live as mortals i hate those crappy ending's. 

Def not. It is going to go by the book ending from everything we have seen so far. 

• Like 4

chao an go wei.... 

just passing by because I like the drama... well I know it can never be as bomb as Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms but I am glad to enjoy another awesome Chinese drama after TMOPB ended..

one thing that I dislike is how this drama portrays Jin Mi the Grape Fairy aka Goddess of Flower.. she is a damsel in distress and she has no idea what is going on.. the 4000 plus years old age is not a guarantee for a maturity but since I love Goddess Bai Qian in TMOPB I wish that Jin Mi will eventually gows balls and be a brave and powerful deity like Bai Qian...

overall I also can see Ye Hua in Fu Xeng in the terms of hardcore loving and sacrificing... but still he doesn’t look passionate enough to grab and keep Jin Mi by his side especially after knowing that Night Immortals also fall in love with her.. 

eventhough Deng Lun is not as tall as Mark Chao.. his handsome face is to die for.. so I am fine and happy with these casts.. they are both also single (Yang Zi is broke up and so does DL with ex Gina Jin) so my ship is sailing eventhough the kisses are far far beyond Kdrama hot kisses..

I’m sold and let’s enjoy this drama... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

What is happening right now in mortal realm that they are currently in.  I haven't watched these episodes cause I am waiting for sub.  What is their status n mortal world ( what are they reborn as)?

Jin Mi born as a healer.. she wore chadar (to cover her face) and Fire Immortal born as a King.. 

surprise surprise.. that Phoenix Fairy that beeeyotch is following Fire Immortal and Jin Mi to the mortal realm because she just can’t take the fact that her love is one sided.. and of course.. in heaven or earth, Jin Mi is the only thing Fire Immortal eyes can see... 

I love the pairing of Allen Deng Lun and Yang Zi so much I don’t care if their kisses are dead fishy style... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

The book said he descended when he revived so I always saw it as he descended to the demon world. I guess theoretically he could live somewhere else but he chose the demon world to protect himself. He will stay in the Demon world as their leader, he will just go and find JM. 

Yeah, I read the book, too and that's what I'm guessing, too. He chose the demon realm so it could help protect him and at the same time he can go find JM.

I remember reading one part of epilogue and JM was reincarnated as human and she was going to become the emperor's bride, but one the day of the wedding, Xu Feng went to stop the sedan and took her. He was still an immortal. I don't know if I read it correctly, but it was something like that. Anyone please explain. Thanks.

1 hour ago, sugarplum892 said:

the demon princess (?) and the half masked guy are having lots of screen time...lol...

I'm a little confused on the half masked guy and the demon princess. I don't follow their story. Can someone explain them?

• Like 1

The eng subbed only available up till ep15 so far. Night's evil scheme starts from ep 14 and I'm sooooo pissed at how he played everyone esp JinMi and Phoenix. I read the novel but my heart still breaks watching forlorn Phoenix and a bit angry for blockhead JinMi (yeah..I know it's not her fault but still..)

• Like 4

Cast minus YangZi

DkpUg9cUwAA35TT.jpg

So sad they probably wont be doing Happy Camp

DkZwZcwVsAE65jm.jpg

DkZwNbwU0AAFL4N.jpg

4 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

Hi, everyone one this HSALF thread. I was wondering can someone please tell me what time this drama airs in China. And how many eps do they release a week. Thanks so much for your help:).

It airs at 7:30 PM everyday, 2 episodes per day except on Saturday where we get one 

18 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Yeah, I read the book, too and that's what I'm guessing, too. He chose the demon realm so it could help protect him and at the same time he can go find JM.

I remember reading one part of epilogue and JM was reincarnated as human and she was going to become the emperor's bride, but one the day of the wedding, Xu Feng went to stop the sedan and took her. He was still an immortal. I don't know if I read it correctly, but it was something like that. Anyone please explain. Thanks.

I'm a little confused on the half masked guy and the demon princess. I don't follow their story. Can someone explain them?

yes, you are right. I will make a post with some other pics I found which point to that scene. 

1 hour ago, sugarplum892 said:

the demon princess (?) and the half masked guy are having lots of screen time...lol...

They are the main addition from the novel. They are like the supporting love line. Chen Yu Qi is actually billed third in the drama before Night so I assume she will be a large part of the story. 

6 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

The eng subbed only available up till ep15 so far. Night's evil scheme starts from ep 14 and I'm sooooo pissed at how he played everyone esp JinMi and Phoenix. I read the novel but my heart still breaks watching forlorn Phoenix and a bit angry for blockhead JinMi (yeah..I know it's not her fault but still..)

I feel so bad for him </333 and so angry at Night 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

cnewsdevotee.wordpress.com/tag/heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost/

Here's another site with recapping in English, as the other team is stopping at episode 20.  I am impatient for eng subs.  Lol.  So any help with dialogue translations/episodes summary is greatly appreciated!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2