[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

Some more pics that I found

tumblr_pdipbvtAb61sakenqo3_540.jpg

The girl is suppose to be the demon princess' daughter. I assume there will be a story behind this. The fact that she is together with their kid also implies that like in the novel they will be end up in the Demon realm probably ruling it. It also means that it probably won't take XF as long to find JM's soul. Since JM is four thousand years old by the time the drama starts, I doubt the princess' daughter is five thousand years old in the pic. 

Father and son 

tumblr_pdipbvtAb61sakenqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_pdipbvtAb61sakenqo5_540.jpg

So now I am pretty sure that the previous picture of JM in a red dress is from when XF kidnaps her from her wedding in the human world

tumblr_pdipbvtAb61sakenqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdh9k6JRWW1sakenqo1_540.png

the start of this gif is when he is looking for her soul after she sacrifices herself. Maybe when he goes to meet Buddha. 

tumblr_pdipbvtAb61sakenqo1_400.gif

I usually feel like the intros and endings give a lot away but it could be useful if you want to make sure they followed the novel :) 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

The eng subbed only available up till ep15 so far. Night's evil scheme starts from ep 14 and I'm sooooo pissed at how he played everyone esp JinMi and Phoenix. I read the novel but my heart still breaks watching forlorn Phoenix and a bit angry for blockhead JinMi (yeah..I know it's not her fault but still..)

I know.  I saw ep 14 and 15 raw and immediately felt that the RY's scheming started straightaway by taking advantage of JM's innocence.  He tried the same scheming before when JM was caught by the Floral Chief.  RY asked JM "  If you like Moon immortal, Fire immortal, fire immortal's two attendants......"  and she was like "yes i like everyone".  

Since the heavenly emperor was so confident that JM is his daughter i was kinda relieved but that does not make sense.  But later the WI confirmed that JM is indeed his daughter.  I was like OMG.  since RY is engage to be married with the eldest daughter of WI, obviously he has to marry her, but he shamelessly started scheming immediately knowing both that FI is in love with her and also JM is innocent.  i was like, "dude, how can you do to a child like girl, when you know everything about her".   

maybe it would have been a shock to see a change of attitude in RY's character, but i saw this coming after reading the posts here.  I was upset "how can he change like this?"

@mrsyoonknit, tks for the pics of the cast.  But why was YangZi missing?  is she into another filming schedule like Reba?  :cold_sweat:

• Like 1

Thank you @mrsyooknit for sharing more spoilers with us. :)

4 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

It looks like

Reveal hidden contents

Jin Mi will be poisoned and the story in the mortal realm will finish tomorrow

Not happy to see that the mortal realm will end. :( All the sadness will start, we'll get to see Xu Feng cry his heart out as JM is dead and they will get buried together. Then the heaven realm it is.

• Like 3

YZ is done with Go Go Squid but you know she just broke up so maybe she wanted to avoid the media and all their nasty questions. 

We are going to need a lot of tissues for the next 20 episodes or so. At least we can look forward to their first mutual cultivation :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I know.  I saw ep 14 and 15 raw and immediately felt that the RY's scheming started straightaway by taking advantage of JM's innocence.  He tried the same scheming before when JM was caught by the Floral Chief.  RY asked JM "  If you like Moon immortal, Fire immortal, fire immortal's two attendants......"  and she was like "yes i like everyone".  

Since the heavenly emperor was so confident that JM is his daughter i was kinda relieved but that does not make sense.  But later the WI confirmed that JM is indeed his daughter.  I was like OMG.  since RY is engage to be married with the eldest daughter of WI, obviously he has to marry her, but he shamelessly started scheming immediately knowing both that FI is in love with her and also JM is innocent.  i was like, "dude, how can you do to a child like girl, when you know everything about her".   

maybe it would have been a shock to see a change of attitude in RY's character, but i saw this coming after reading the posts here.  I was upset "how can he change like this?"

@mrsyoonknit, tks for the pics of the cast.  But why was YangZi missing?  is she into another filming schedule like Reba?  :cold_sweat:

Yes, it is more aggravating in the drama knowing about Night deity's scheming ways from the get go.  But in the novel it is almost until the very end where that lightbulb lights up and finally the truth is revealed as to how and why everything went wrong between JM and Phoenix's love story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

YZ is done with Go Go Squid but you know she just broke up so maybe she wanted to avoid the media and all their nasty questions. 

We are going to need a lot of tissues for the next 20 episodes or so. At least we can look forward to their first mutual cultivation :wub:

Oh I didn't know about that she was in a relationship and now broken up....hmmm that's ok, Phoenix is here to wipe those tears and broken heart!  All kidding aside I wish her well, I know real life love vs drama love doesn't always end in HEA....that's why I hang out in drama world too much lol.  Real life isn't always rainbows, hearts and unicorns!

• Like 3

I felt like this drama gives so much emotional.  I know JM ate the unfeeling pill so she is oblivious about love and everything around her.  I feel like her brain is like a 5 year olds brain that doesn't under anything and just follows the flow.  I just dont understand, even thought JM might not feel in love with Phoenix, but she should feel more connect with him.  They have been together longer and been through things together more.  I don't understand why she just accepted the marriage to Night easily. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Oh yes that mutual cultivation, I think we're all waiting for it. :lol::wub:

2 hours ago, visiopeia said:

so tonight's episode .. i have to well prepared tissue... gonna cry cry cry..... 

Lucky. I have to wait to see it tomorrow morning. I'll cry tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

15 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

the exact time I am not sure but its 2 epi everyday except for Saturday which is just 1 epi.

Thanks for answering I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day/night. :)

@mrsyooknit

Thanks for letting me know now I can try to catch it air live. Thanks so much. Have a nice day. :)

• Like 2

I like the parallels in episode 15 (yes a bit late in watching the subbed episodes)

Run Yu is very much like his father - his love is political.

Xu Feng is like the water god - his love is unassuming.

That said, the actors are all playing their parts well.

The CGI effects are pretty awesome too.

My only beef is, for a show that has a good soundtrack, the timing so far is awful...

Spoiler

Btw, I was rewatching a few of the trailers and realized that in an upcoming scene where Xu Feng attacks Jin Mi with fire, his very own Phoenix's feather will protect her. Gosh, it hasn't even aired yet and it's giving me the feels

• Like 6