[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

19 minutes ago, mayra83 said:
  Hide contents

@Mau_Cherry  Thank you for your response, and please don't be sorry, I like to share our views and opinions about the drama and characters even we have different views, I respect all the views and opinions.

I agree with you in most point about Night, I can understand that Night suffered and was broke but still i think he has no right to do what he did especially manipulating Jin Mi, and causing chaos between her and Xu Feng!!! 

I am wondering what happened to him in the end in the novel?!!!

I agree with you - he has no rights --- not to go that far. He was all right to hate the empress... and to hate the Emporer and i kinda feel like it was right to kick them from the throne. They really messed up the place and even killes a race... I only wanted to point out that I can´t see Night as heartless. In the end i think they gave the unfeelings pill to the wrong person - without his love or more obsession it could be better.

What happen to Night in the Novel...

Spoiler

I can just hope after all the mistakes he had seen and done - he became a better Emporer than his father. Thats what he is now - so he got what he wanted... at least one part of it. Is it the better part? I don´t think so...

• Like 2

@gleek49 Okay, it's getting boring arguing about something we both will never agree on. Let's just end it with the fact that the drama has its imperfections which you are not satisfied by as a novel fan, and I can acknowledge that. 

Speaking of JM's redemption, I think her journey to get the component of the pill to revive XF is so emotional :bawling: More emotional than her giving up 60% of her lingli like in the book. The fact that she gave up her ability to see colour as well, and this scene right here: 

MY HEART:tears::tears::tears: who's cutting onions in here?:bawling:

My poor little grape, it wasn't her fault she couldn't understand love. It wasn't her fault she believed XF killed her father. It wasn't her fault she was used as a chess piece in RY's schemes!!! But she has to pay the price :( All three of our main characters had to pay the price for what their fathers and mothers did, and even if it is unfair, I believe this balances out their sufferings and allowed JM and XF to truly realise their love for each other and start anew without the mistakes of the previous generation affecting them. The death of XF wiped out the unfeeling pill given to JM by her mother and made JM realise she loved XF, and the death of JM will make XF realise his unconditional love for JM despite the betrayal and hurt he was put through.  Sigh.Truly a tragic love story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, angel318 said:

I'm going post this weibo profile who posts a lot of clips!  I figure it might be  better for everyone. 

https://m.weibo.cn/profile/1897410357

Hide contents

The second cultivation looks like it didn't happen, they just kissed. Bummer :/ 

Thank you so very much - I watched the crowing of the Demon Lord again and again... wow... And i need this item - it can change his dress. B)

https://f.us.sinaimg.cn/0038pRSSlx07neAWgbMs01040200sZyC0k010.mp4?label=mp4_ld&template=636x360.28&Expires=1535637110&ssig=GT3jb1wPXm&KID=unistore,video

Its good to see Mu Ci... and i feel sorry for Moon God.

So Empress got what she wished for - her beloved son is the Emporer now - I just think she had another realm in her mind. But hey - now he fights for power.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thehumantree said:

The moon uncle had the hairpin and used it to create the barrier to protect him and the richard simmons emperor. After that we don't know whether he still has the hairpin... maybe he gave it back to Jinmi later on?

Anyway. Episode 53-54 today!!!

006Rgw7Zly1fuqvyjkpx2g30a406k7wh.gif

Let's Go!!!!!

I thought the Emperor used his last breath to save a part of XF's soul and stored in that hairpin then gave it to SH to revive XF. That was the last time I remember seeing it, maybe I missed some scenes or they will explain later. I think SH gave it back to him because he has it and from the scene when XF attacks JM, it appears in his hand and XF deliberately throws it at JM along with his attack so it seems he wants it to protect her from him, it's speculation so I'm looking forward to watching that awesome scene!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

But I worry that they may include a SH and XF wedding, different from novel....

Spoiler

Why is Phoenix hurting my JM....so heartless...but that's ok he will realize this during his redemption arc....so sad for these two.  And yeah for a HEA.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sary Em said:

But I worry that they may include a SH and XF wedding, different from novel....

Hide contents

Why is Phoenix hurting my JM....so heartless...but that's ok he will realize this during his redemption arc....so sad for these two.  And yeah for a HEA.

Can´t tell you really why - but I don´ t think so. The only woman he will marry will be JM. I don´t even fear that kind of change - i just totally believe - what you fear will not happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Preview for tomorrow... they really will let us suffer.... and a friendly reminder what she gave up is inclusive. Her World really lost all colours.. 

Not the end yet, it will have a happy ending :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So the editing in these two episodes...yeah, anyways, why do they focus on people no one cares about?  There's only a few episodes left. I wish they'd stop wasting time.  It's interesting the turn they are taking from the book regarding the discovery of the parents actual murderer... All I know is that Phoenix better not marry that crazy bird girl.  I hope they really spend time on the ending and epilogues in this series.  After all this pain we all need some relief.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Zhou said:

Not the end yet, it will have a happy ending :)

I know - and thats so good to know ... C Drama tend to give me a lot of pain and in best case one minute on the end called happy end... so i really hope and it looks like - they will give us more this time. We really need that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I'm at it again.

Don't let the first 15 seconds fool you.

This is Jin Mi's redemption

I've been looking for this version of the song. Thanks for sharing with one of your MVs.

3 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

The murder of JM father is sui he cos the father manage to hurt sui he ear. 

RY see the water mark at sui he ear.. 

Yea..  Mystery solve... 

Thank you for explaining. I kept wondering why she has that blue thing on her ear. It was a water mark. Makes sense now.

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Preview for tomorrow... they really will let us suffer.... and a friendly reminder what she gave up is inclusive. Her World really lost all colours.. 

My gosh.. I'm in pain. More like in pain for all 4 of them. Phoenix lost everything and he's suffering and in pain. The scene when he left the palace and all the guards didn't kill him. They respected him soo much was such a great scene. It's like wow! even when he turns into a demon lord, he's still their highness.

CR Xu Jiye

For JM, yes she did wrong and now she's trying to get back and apologize to Phoenix. We get to see her suffer soo much love pain, but it's like she don't know, as much as Phoenix is doing this, it's to protect her only. He still loves her soo much that he's doing it so she can get protected and not stuck in between the battle between him and Night.

For SH, I pity her, because she now thinks that Phoenix loves her, but he doesn't. He's doing it on purpose to get back at JM, that's the sad part. 

For Night, he's full of revenge, but now he's afraid that Phoenix is stronger than him and will win if they go into battle. So he's afraid that's why he's preparing and doing all he can to destroy Phoenix little by little. 

:( What a way to torture all the 4 characters. (In my opinion)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yoohoo611 said:

I thought the Emperor used his last breath to save a part of XF's soul and stored in that hairpin then gave it to SH to revive XF. That was the last time I remember seeing it, maybe I missed some scenes or they will explain later. I think SH gave it back to him because he has it and from the scene when XF attacks JM, it appears in his hand and XF deliberately throws it at JM along with his attack so it seems he wants it to protect her from him, it's speculation so I'm looking forward to watching that awesome scene!! 

You're right, the Emperor used all his lingli to save some part of Xu Feng's soul into the hairpin. 

Spoiler

As for the part where he uses it to attack Jin Mi, the hairpin actually betrays him by protecting Jin Mi from his own attack. He even says to the hairpin "Even you're betraying me" because it protected Jin Mi, he later proceeds to destroy the hairpin, as seen in the preview. 

From episode 54 

Spoiler

On another note, one scene in the episode made me really sad for Jin Mi. She tries to revive the dead tree saying that if it lives she'll go see Xu Feng but if not, she'll never see him again. The tree was revived which I was super happy about. But after a few seconds, you'll see that the flowers on the tree are light purple rather than red, Night's servant girl who showed up at the scene might've even been a little confused because of the colors . This is because Jin Mi can no longer see color, in her mind she imagined it the phoenix flowers red but in reality they aren't the right color. It's so sad that she can't see colors anymore but she gave that up for Xu Feng ~cry~   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tenten0227 said:

You're right, the Emperor used all his lingli to save some part of Xu Feng's soul into the hairpin. 

Reveal hidden contents

As for the part where he uses it to attack Jin Mi, the hairpin actually betrays him by protecting Jin Mi from his own attack. He even says to the hairpin "Even you're betraying me" because it protected Jin Mi, he later proceeds to destroy the hairpin, as seen in the preview. 

From episode 54 

Reveal hidden contents

On another note, one scene in the episode made me really sad for Jin Mi. She tries to revive the dead tree saying that if it lives she'll go see Xu Feng but if not, she'll never see him again. The tree was revived which I was super happy about. But after a few seconds, you'll see that the flowers on the tree are light purple rather than red, Night's servant girl who showed up at the scene might've even been a little confused because of the colors . This is because Jin Mi can no longer see color, in her mind she imagined it the phoenix flowers red but in reality they aren't the right color. It's so sad that she can't see colors anymore but she gave that up for Xu Feng ~cry~   

I didn't see that scene with sub but I'm hoping that XF is only putting on a show, to lie to SH/JM (and even to himself) that the hairpin has a mind of its own and it wanted to protect JM but it's actually him who throws the hairpin at her... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, thehumantree said:

The moon uncle had the hairpin and used it to create the barrier to protect him and the richard simmons emperor. After that we don't know whether he still has the hairpin... maybe he gave it back to Jinmi later on?

Anyway. Episode 53-54 today!!!

006Rgw7Zly1fuqvyjkpx2g30a406k7wh.gif

Let's Go!!!!!

He sure was hot doing that. Lol

Also, love the new hair for him as well. Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1