[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

I haven't seen the last three or so episodes so I can't recap sorry. I have just been looking at spoilers on weibo. 

Reveal hidden contents

So it seems that in the drama after mutual cultivation RY restores the unfeeling pill inside of Jimin and that is why she changes :bawling:

This makes his actions so much worse than in the book. He pretty much robs her of her happiness and tricks her into killing the man she loves/his brother. 

Today's episodes will be the happiest for a long time, prepare your heart and tissues.

f32204da81cb39db18b8cf6fdd160924aa1830f1

Like I said before I expected the drama would eventually show him as a villain. But </3 </3 

They dont deserve this :bawling:

I predict wedding on ep.43-44

So Night knows about the heartless pill.  I don't like Night's schemes and his peeping tom into XF and JM's love affair.  I watched till episodes 17 and my heart can't take all of these schemes so I might stop here and catch up later after they break up.  Looking forward to their true feelings and reunion.  

I also worry about uproar between fans of both Phoenix and Night.  I saw some post that people are boycotting the drama because it's not showing enough of the leads.  The demon princess and that guys with half silver mask have more scenes.  

• Like 2

Fans were so ready for the mutual cultivation scenes, it is trending all over weibo :lol::lol:

79aba393gy1fuh33rh04fj20c80fi419.jpg

YZ #2

DL#6

YRX#9

I am watching the clips off the official channel for today's episode and 

RY did it :bawling: poor JM and XF

He saw them mutually cultivating from a dream and then JM refused his kiss so :bawling:

It is so horrible what he does to her. Why couldnt he let them be happy? If XF hadnt come back alive she would have been driven mad. 

She looses all memory of what happened in the human realm and about her feelings for XF. Prepare your tissues. 

Also, before her memory/feeling wipe JM gives XF a piece of her real self. On the trailer we see that after he is revived he gives it back to her. 

8 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

So Night knows about the heartless pill.  I don't like Night's schemes and his peeping tom into XF and JM's love affair.  I watched till episodes 17 and my heart can't take all of these schemes so I might stop here and catch up later after they break up.  Looking forward to their true feelings and reunion.  

I also worry about uproar between fans of both Phoenix and Night.  I saw some post that people are boycotting the drama because it's not showing enough of the leads.  The demon princess and that guys with half silver mask have more scenes.  

I think most dramas that I have seen live have "fanwars" due to too much time for supporting characters at one point or another. Ratings went down a little during the human realm due too much time for supporting characters, now that they are back in heaven they are going up again. It should be more about them from now on. I think they mainly do it to have more episodes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Fans were so ready for the mutual cultivation scenes, it is trending all over weibo :lol::lol:

79aba393gy1fuh33rh04fj20c80fi419.jpg

YZ #2

DL#6

YRX#9

I am watching the clips off the official channel for today's episode and 

Hide contents

RY did it :bawling: poor JM and XF

He saw them mutually cultivating from a dream and then JM refused his kiss so :bawling:

It is so horrible what he does to her. Why couldnt he let them be happy? If XF hadnt come back alive she would have been driven mad. 

She looses all memory of what happened in the human realm and about her feelings for XF. Prepare your tissues. 

Also, before her memory/feeling wipe JM gives XF a piece of her real self. On the trailer we see that after he is revived he gives it back to her. 

I think most dramas that I have seen live have "fanwars" due to too much time for supporting characters at one point or another. Ratings went down a little during the human realm due too much time for supporting characters, now that they are back in heaven they are going up again. It should be more about them from now on. I think they mainly do it to have more episodes. 

That's too bad.  Because without the side characters it kind of adds depth to the whole story because then in a blink of eye our beloved OTP lovestory is done and over with.  Not anticipating the withdrawal after drama ends.  So I will soak it all in episode by episode. But I really wish that the Eng subs catches up sooner.  Watching raw is painful as I do not understand a lick of the dialogues...LOL

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jill7872 said:

Dear members , just to confirm when jin mi & Xu feng comeback to immortal realm are they still remember what happen to them at the mortal realm such as they already like each other in the mortal realm.

Yes, they both remember and Jin Mi is troubled by it.

Spoiler

She wanted to break off the engagement with Run Yu, but he was grieving over his mother’s death, so she thought it wasn’t a good time to tell him. Her Father, the Water God , advised her that what happened in the mortal realm should be differentiated from the celestial realm. He kept the secret of the Empress murdering the Flower God from Jin Mi, but I think he should tell her, so that she understands why she should not marry the Son of her Mother’s murderer (who also tried to vanquish her during her time in the  mortal realm).

I thought the mortal realm episodes were nicely done, building up the story of how they met, fell in love, the conflict of why they can’t be together, then dying together. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, renjunnie said:

you don't have to be sorry. and thanks for the spoiler.

Hide contents

so RY character will change drastically after MC. poor our JM and XF. :bawling:

Spoiler

Actually he robs her ability/right to love and experience love. I was so upset. Just because she doesn't love you doesn't mean he can just take that away from her. Her mother did out of her way to protect her and he just did it out of his selfishness. Hmph! 

• Like 8

Spoiler

Oh btw I saw a clip where the heaven empress tries to kill JM in the ying yang symbol (those who read the book knows what scene that is). XF comes in and protects her while telling the empress that JM pregnant (at least I think that's what he's implying? 骨血 means bone and blood...)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, omiki said:

Yes, they both remember and Jin Mi is troubled by it.

Hide contents

She wanted to break off the engagement with Run Yu, but he was grieving over his mother’s death, so she thought it wasn’t a good time to tell him. Her Father, the Water God , advised her that what happened in the mortal realm should be differentiated from the celestial realm. He kept the secret of the Empress murdering the Flower God from Jin Mi, but I think he should tell her, so that she understands why she should not marry the Son of her Mother’s murderer (who also tried to vanquish her during her time in the  mortal realm).

I thought the mortal realm episodes were nicely done, building up the story of how they met, fell in love, the conflict of why they can’t be together, then dying together. 

TQ dear :love:

Ashes of Love Preview 34-35 [Eng Subs]

https://amara.org/en/videos/H6zfCwZPz8FS/info/xiang-mi-chen-chen-jin-ru-shuang-ashes-of-love-di-34-35ji-jing-cai-yu-gao-yang-zi-deng-lun-ling-xian-zhu-yan-de-gu-zhuang-shen-hua-ju/

*Yes, "天兵天将/tian bing tian jiang" = heavenly army heavenly leaders. It's a phrase of expression here I believe to infer "heavenly guards". Because I doubt the entire army and leaders are needed to catch just Lier and Yanyou. 
**"The Enthroned One" is as close as I could get to "本座/this seated-one". Seated-one is one of the 3rd person names used for royalty or nobility to refer to themselves. It was considered uncouth and egotistical to say "I".
***It wasn't Thunder God and Lightning Goddess because those characters were not used (even though most translations say as such). "公母/gong mu" just says husband and wife, so Lord and Lady fit.

Ashes to Love Preview 36-37 [Eng Subs]

https://amara.org/en/videos/tCOg2rzWCORr/info/xiang-mi-chen-chen-jin-ru-shuang-ashes-of-love-di-36-37jing-cai-yu-gao-yang-zi-deng-lun-ling-xian-zhu-yan-de-gu-zhuang-shen-hua-ju/

*"meditation eve" = before bedtime. The Chinese term refers to an assumption for those who practice Daoism or Buddhism and routinely meditate before bed. Meditation can occur anytime, but the context of the line points to before bed meditation. 
**Papa was used instead of "Daddy" because I thought the former still retains a stateliness suited to a period drama unlike the latter which just sounded wrong (sounds like an American phrase in a Chinese period drama)
***I was this close from putting a caption reading [Disney inspired adult scene] for the cultivation animation :lol:
****When Jin Mi reminisces about the 'bandit', she starts talking in an 'uncouth' language. It's a choice of vocabulary in Chinese that amounts to slang (think London British vs Aussie slang).

Make sure to watch in fullscreen for best subtitle viewing. 

The previews for this series are quite good. Not random scenes put together, but quite thoughtfully organised to keep audiences guessing. One can technically have a 'taste' of the entire series just by watching all the previews - I sometimes just do that to sample long series. I can sub-edit them far more quickly than my first newbie attempt, so may or may not be subbing all the previews from this point on :P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I do agree that the main leads need more screen time!

Just something I want to comment on regarding a previous post about not understanding why Jin Mi is attractive to the male leads.

In the novel, Jin Mi is regarded are the most beautiful woman in the six realms. Personality aside, when Jin Mi's real form was unveiled, it definitely attracted the male leads. But of course, they each love her for many other reasons. 

I watched several Chinese news outlet videos prior to the airing of Heavy Sweetness and read several comments from people who weren't too excited with the casting of Yang Zi because they thought she wasn't beautiful enough for the role of Jin Mi. But I personally was happy with the casting, I think she is beautiful. I agreed with one news outlet that stated though people might disagree one Yang Zi's looks for Jin Mi's role, her acting skills will make up for it all. Compare to getting some beautiful actress who's acting is subpar, I'd rather go with Yang Zi who can play the innocent Jin Mi yet also bring forth impactful emotional scenes for the latter half, as we have seen in the recent episodes. Yang Zi has portrayed Jin Mi very well. 

In one of the making videos, Yang Zi talks about her role. She was worried that when portraying Jin Mi in the beginning, the viewers would get annoyed at Jin Mi for being so "dense" but that's the way she is because of the unfeeling pill. She saw Jin Mi as an innocent girl who's happy everyday. Yang Zi did also state that in the later half, they'll be many scenes of the relationships and feelings with the people around Jin Mi like family, friends, and Xu Feng. 

Anyways done ranting haha just wanted to defend Yang Zi a bit. The climax is finally here! I think we're all anticipating the emotional roller coaster the later half will being us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, tenten0227 said:

Just something I want to comment on regarding a previous post about not understanding why Jin Mi is attractive to the male leads.

In the novel, Jin Mi is regarded are the most beautiful woman in the six realms. Personality aside, when Jin Mi's real form was unveiled, it definitely attracted the male leads. But of course, they each love her for many other reasons. 

I watched several Chinese news outlet videos prior to the airing of Heavy Sweetness and read several comments from people who weren't too excited with the casting of Yang Zi because they thought she wasn't beautiful enough for the role of Jin Mi. But I personally was happy with the casting, I think she is beautiful. I agreed with one news outlet that stated though people might disagree one Yang Zi's looks for Jin Mi's role, her acting skills will make up for it all. Compare to getting some beautiful actress who's acting is subpar, I'd rather go with Yang Zi who can play the innocent Jin Mi yet also bring forth impactful emotional scenes for the latter half, as we have seen in the recent episodes. Yang Zi has portrayed Jin Mi very well. 

In one of the making videos, Yang Zi talks about her role. She was worried that when portraying Jin Mi in the beginning, the viewers would get annoyed at Jin Mi for being so "dense" but that's the way she is because of the unfeeling pill. She saw Jin Mi as an innocent girl who's happy everyday. Yang Zi did also state that in the later half, they'll be many scenes of the relationships and feelings with the people around Jin Mi like family, friends, and Xu Feng. 

Anyways done ranting haha just wanted to defend Yang Zi a bit. The climax is finally here! I think we're all anticipating the emotional roller coaster the later half will being us. 

Who else anyway could have played it better? Direlba would be too much and repetitive for this. She got the Pillow Book 2 coming out which have the same story feels. I'm beginning to like Yang Zi. She's a fresh face to me in my chinese drama journey. I actually wish though that Deng Lun could me more flirtier in his portrayal towards his actions to Yang Zi's character.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Wotad said:

Say's its coming to viki today even though in mega behind excited to watch.

Is it available already? Viki's not available in my country. Gotta plug in the VPN!

• Like 2

@tenten0227

I agree 100% 

YangZi gets a lot of hateful comments bc she always gets casted in otherworldly beautiful roles when she is not considered that pretty and even gets a lot of plastic sx hate. But she has the range to play JM, I can think of few other up and coming actresses that could have pulled it off. Maybe Li Qin but she is not as popular. I also think she looks very pretty as JM. She also looked pretty in Chusen. 

I was also happy with Deng Lun being casted as XF. And now I am extra happy bc I am liking how everything is coming together. I think Night was also casted really well. Whoever casted everyone, great job!

when he gives her back part of her real body that she gave him today 

Now

d9e5c48fa0ec08fa264c0c9d54ee3d6d54fbdaa6

Later

1ea8701f95cad1c8a62be01d723e6709c83d5159

5820f2efce1b9d162b11865bfedeb48f8d546418

243737d9f2d3572c7e7280e68713632763d0c35a

and then she crushes it 

f7d59d95d143ad4be5ff5afa8f025aafa50f0618

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo9_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo10_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo1_540.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

OMO OMO this scene reminds me of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms where Ye Hua took off Bai Qian clothes with magic.... at least here we can see how Jin Mi dress slided off.. and have no idea is it with magic or Xu Feng’s left hand.. 

Spoiler

006QD16vly1fuhovzs0r3g30la0brkjp.gif

the cultivation scene... eventhough much shorter than I expected... was done perfectly.. the smooth and soft slowly movements is full with love symbols.. the long awaiting moment especially for Xu Feng who deserve Jin Mi’s virginity since he is the destined soulmate for her. 

The white Lotus flower Jin Mi created on his pool is the epitome of innocence and untouched.. white and virgin.. and thank you so much for no interruption from others (like usually was) 

that small cave behind the waterfall in Phoenix Palace is actually the best spot hehehehe... the savest spot in his mansion hehehee...

I am repeating the GIF above and that love scene is the creme de la creme of this drama. I’m so happy for all of us the fans...

• Like 2

A drink and an apology, you just want me to forget everything your mother did? and the reason you gave me that apology is because you want me to call of the wedding? Sorry, my moral code just can't accept something that outrageous.  Good Luck to you girls, it was fun discussing with you about this drama, I just can't continue to root for something like this. See you.

• Like 1