[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

14 minutes ago, angel318 said:

I can try to sub the interview when my time frees up! I think I saw the one with the fast QA like 3 times because their interactions are just too sweet. Gosh it makes me want to ship them but I try not to ship since it almost never happens 

Not necessary for me. More for everyone else. I am just waiting to see if anyone volunteers so I don't have to do it. I am a lazy and quirky subber :D. I only like subbing things no one else does or can.  

We could share the job if you wish. No pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

Viki are starting tomorrow? really where did you find that out. 

If you go to Viki.com.  Search for Ashes of Love.  Once you click on the page you will see available on August 19.   I guess it might depend on your region.  I live in U.S.A so I think I am able to watch it tomorrow.  I hope they start the sub right away since it's popular drama.  

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

wow!!! we have exclusive Deng Lun singing this ost.   Love his voice.:love::blush:

cr: uploader

I saw a MV with eng sub. 

@Kimchi Sweet Potato,  R u the uploader of this video?  did you sub this mv.  I really like this mv.

Yes, I did. I had my friend help me. I still owe her dinner for this. A month ago I was annoying people by putting sub requests haha. Thank goodness my friend helped out in the end. She said the language used was 'flowery' so what she thought would take a few minutes, took a day. I am actually in the process of making an FMV with Yang Zi's song. Also, plan to make one for the ending theme, but waiting for the wedding episode to air first. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Yes, I did. I had my friend help me. I still owe her dinner for this. A month ago I was annoying people by putting sub requests haha. Thank goodness by friend helped out in the end. She said the language used was 'flowery' so what she thought would take a few minutes, took a day. I am actually in the process of making an FMV with Yang Zi's song. Also plan to make one for the ending theme, but waiting for the wedding episode to air first. 

Wow!!!! Its really very nice.  Thank you.  Can you also help me translate the one i have posted here with Deng Lun voice when u are free.  The MV with yang Zi song, is it the same one with Deng lun i have posted?  Coz both have sung this OST separately and also along with each other.  There r 3 versions of this ost. Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

Just started this after finishing fuyao. First episode had me hooked. Just sad that it will be more heartbreaking towards the middle and end of the series..

She tried to eat him because she thought he was a bird :tounge_xd:

And then she tried to cut off his thing because she thought it was a tumor! I know she's innocent and has been sheltered her whole life but I died laughing so hard the first ep

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Dang, Weibo is having such fandom wars these days :ph34r:

The male lead fans vs 2nd male lead fans on who's wrong and right in this war of love. 

All I can say is... the fault lies in the unfeeling pill :crazy:

I really pity Night in the latest 2 episodes though /tissues/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nudafu said:

Love your avatar @mrsyooknit. JM getting her bunny ears in the Demon Realm is one of my favourite scenes. Hoho, I wanted to believe as much as JM that they were replicas of Jade Rabbit's ears. 

That is actually Zhao Liying with bunny ears because she likes bunnies. A fan made that art during PA and I thought it was cute :D

9 hours ago, lovehuche said:

If you go to Viki.com.  Search for Ashes of Love.  Once you click on the page you will see available on August 19.   I guess it might depend on your region.  I live in U.S.A so I think I am able to watch it tomorrow.  I hope they start the sub right away since it's popular drama.  

I live in the USA but that doesnt show up for me, it says the show doesn't have any episodes. However, I do see a 1 day wait for Ruyi's Royal Love episodes. 

1 hour ago, paperwishes said:

Dang, Weibo is having such fandom wars these days :ph34r:

The male lead fans vs 2nd male lead fans on who's wrong and right in this war of love. 

All I can say is... the fault lies in the unfeeling pill :crazy:

I really pity Night in the latest 2 episodes though /tissues/

I think a lot of book fans are angry that there is so much focus on secondary characters including RY when the storyline is all about JM and XF. They did add a lot of extra stuff to the drama that was not in the book. From my experience if you want to keep original fans happy you should never give a lot of screen time to the supporting characters. They are just watching for the main couple and will complaint a lot if they feel cheated out of what they wanted. This happens like every time. 

I do feel bad for Night but I still don't think he is justified on hurting JM and XF. 

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

and one of the best ratings of the year overall

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think a lot of book fans are angry that there is so much focus on secondary characters including RY when the storyline is all about JM and XF. They did add a lot of extra stuff to the drama that was not in the book. From my experience if you want to keep original fans happy you should never give a lot of screen time to the supporting characters. They are just watching for the main couple and will complaint a lot if they feel cheated out of what they wanted. This happens like every time. 

I do feel bad for Night but I still don't think he is justified on hurting JM and XF. 

Honestly, I'm a little angry about this. Everyone is rushing to side with RY now, some even says that XF deserves being punished for having such horrible parents and for "stealing" his brother's girl. It's like the drama has decided to change the male lead in the last few episodes. If they keep this up, no one is going to care about XF anymore, ugh :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Wow!!!! Its really very nice.  Thank you.  Can you also help me translate the one i have posted here with Deng Lun voice when u are free.  The MV with yang Zi song, is it the same one with Deng lun i have posted?  Coz both have sung this OST separately and also along with each other.  There r 3 versions of this ost. Thanks in advance. 

I don't think this is the one you're after...

My friend hasn't proofread the subs yet but what the heck, I think the general message is there.

For native Mandarin speakers, would welcome the edits to the subs. Kindly PM me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dk8lWU4VsAAAdR-.jpg

Dk8kc2MVAAMVzkf.jpg

Dk8ND0tUwAADELd.jpg

Yangzi #2

Deng Lun #7 

Luo Yunxi #10  

I dont think Night is correct on his actions but I do think Luo Yunxi is doing a great job. He improved a lot from My Sunshine and I am glad he is gaining some popularity due to this drama :) 

I don't know if this is true but I saw somewhere that Yangzi asked Deng Lun to read the scrip for HSALF, she had him in mind to play Phoenix. Anyone knows if this is true? 

1 minute ago, gleek49 said:

Honestly, I'm a little angry about this. Everyone is rushing to side with RY now, some even says that XF deserves being punished for having such horrible parents and for "stealing" his brother's girl. It's like the drama has decided to change the male lead in the last few episodes. If they keep this up, no one is going to care about XF anymore, ugh :(

If someone is saying that they are honestly being ridiculous >_> How is his fault for his parents' actions? 

Also a lot of people defending RY are doing it bc they like the actor :lol: or find him more handsome than Deng Lun.

I guess bc I read that book, even if I feel bad for Night I know everything he does so I am yep he is evil lol 

When I read the book up until I found out that Night was truly the evil mastermind, I felt very sorry for him. I didn't want him to get with JM bc it takes two to tango and it was obvious that she never loved him and only loved XF. But I did feel very sorry for him and wanted only good things to happen to him. Then I found out everything he did and what he kept on doing  afterwards and my pity flew right out of the window. I was like he needs karma :lol:

I do understand book fans being annoyed that they are trying to whitewash his character, which it does come that way as of now but I am hopeful that later on his wrong doings will be plain for everyone to see like they were in the book. I don't think you could read the book and be like yeah Night was correct on deceiving JM and killing his brother for his own selfish desires bc at the end of the day he does it bc his selfish desires. He doesn't even consider what she wants until she sacrifices herself and then he finally gives up. He was going to force her to stay with him if she hadn't run away so he was escalating on his obsession and I think it was a wake up call for JM to die to save whatever was left of his good side. 

There are some ridiculous comments out there like JM is at fault bc she didn't love Night and that as long as she had loved him he wouldnt have turned bad. But it takes two people for love to be mutual, she shouldnt have to love him. I also think that most people loved XF after the book ended, you didnt know how to feel about him for a large portion of the book. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

That is actually Zhao Liying with bunny ears because she likes bunnies. A fan made that art during PA and I thought it was cute :D

It looks amazingly like Jin Mi in one of her pink costumes. Works that I also like ZLY and Snowball :).

20 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

She said the language used was 'flowery' so what she thought would take a few minutes, took a day. 

I know exactly how your friend feels. Although, it has taken me longer synchronising the subtitles than actually translating.

My first sub-editing project :P. Working with limited software, so time synchronisation may not be perfect. But enjoy!

Preview for 32-33 with English subs. Up-date: video is temporarily Youtube instead of Vimeo. Having problems with Vimeo - fixing asap. Vimeo is preferable because no ads, no geographical viewing restrictions. 

*Liang Guo is part of a dukedom in ancient China 
**Huai Wu should be the country that Feng Huang rules

***'Chou Po Niang/Ugly Bride' especially 'Po Niang', can also be used as a couples' endearment by common citizens. Remember Jin Mi mistaking Feng Huang as a bandit? It would definitely be the way a bandit would call his wife :lol:.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I don't think this is the one you're after...

My friend hasn't proofread the subs yet but what the heck, I think the general message is there.

For native Mandarin speakers, would welcome the edits to the subs. Kindly PM me.

Yup,  I think this is the one.    Maybe i will check the lyrics word by word later when i have time.  Thank you so much. God bless.

This one is sung by YZ in a slow beat with different bgm.  So YZ has sung this song in 2 versions.  so totally we have 4 versions of this song.  Anyhow, i love the song very much.   The best i like is Deng Lun's version.  :love:

Edit:

Ok, the song is the same, but its missing the rap part.  After seeing the MV with translation, the lyrics are simple, addictive and repetitive.  So good.  I like this bgm also.  Not so attractive as the one  which is sung is fast.  TY.:blush::thumbsup: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

I'm also annoyed by this, but I don't think it's really the writers' fault that this is happening. I think they are doing a very good job at creating a three-dimensional villain with motivations viewers can sympathize with. It's a lot easier for them to write a villain who is evil and power-hungry for no real reason (like the Heavenly Empress), but writing a complex villain makes for a better show. There are a lot of dramas that only have villains like the Heavenly Empress, and honestly they are kind of boring after a while. I think it's much more interesting to watch someone who you can sympathize with, and struggle with watching them slowly become more and more twisted.

It's true that they've been spending a LOT of time on RY for the past few episodes, but I don't think that that pattern will keep going until end of the drama. Once they finish RY's backstory (which seems to be wrapping up in the next episode), I think the drama will go back to focusing on XF and JM.

• Like 5

Spoiler

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4274860315324258 

im not sure if you're going to be able to view it but try your iPhone or phone if your computer doesn't work 

Wedding scene (post JM death in moral realm) to coffin scene of them together 

I also saw a picture of them after they both died and JM is in XF arms (as ghosts or gods??) but I can't read Chinese so I have no idea what they said to each other 

ummm I guess we didn't get cheated out of the cultivation scene.. at least not completely. Sorry there's no way for me to download and upload it since weibo doesn't let me use my computer since I'm technically not in China hahaa 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

OMG OMG OMG :blush: kyakkk ottokeee.... 

that photos from their cultivation (celestial language for making love) night! 

I wonder in which episode will that be... and it looks like it happens somewhere in Floral Realm? my shipper heart can’t take it.. (need oxygen even now lol) 

when that scene occure, I’ll be dead and you can find me in the ditch... 

• LOL 2