[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

20 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

The guess among fans is that they mutually cultivate in their original form 

edit: lmao the more I look at it the more I think it is probably true. Phoenix looks too happy just twirling around in the sky :lol::lol:

I was LMAO over this comment.

Yes, all mutual cultivation will happen in their true form which I am more than happy with. In the novel, for the first mutual cultivation, you could feel Xu Feng's frustration leading up to the event in the garden. Jin Mi better be prepared because I think in the drama his desires are doubly heightened following everything that happened in the mortal realm. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I hope I don't break some rules for posting back to back but I found this really good FMV 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av29111695?from=search&seid=2704709533385071332

Clip of their first drama together: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av10806135?from=search&seid=2704709533385071332

lol at Their Lady and the Tramp scene 

So they will meet more than once bc on this compilation of clips, she meets with him and tells him she loves him and he refuses her but we know they will see each other again before the war. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av29066842?from=search&seid=16319182416967115258

So she tells him she loves him even before knowing that he wasnt the one that killed her father. There is also another confrontation where she is fighting SH and XF protects SH. 

Also I think in the drama maybe she doesnt get attacked from both sides? His power is def yellow when he attacks her while defending SH but during the war it is blue. So maybe what we are seeing is her power flying to protect him (???) I am confused. It does look like a blue force shield around her form when RY attacks XF. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I was LMAO over this comment.

Yes, all mutual cultivation will happen in their true form which I am more than happy with. In the novel, for the first mutual cultivation, you could feel Xu Feng's frustration leading up to the event in the garden. Jin Mi better be prepared because I think in the drama his desires are doubly heightened following everything that happened in the mortal realm. 

I will now laugh every time the drama starts and I look at Phoenix flying around something purple :lol:

I was looking forward to their bodily form mutual cultivation :wub: but hey I'll take the spirit form

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Yes, as long as she confessed that she liked him. It was good enough for them in the mortal realm.

31 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

btw guys I think we are going to get cheated out of our mutual cultivation scenes. The guess among fans is that they mutually cultivate in their original form :lol: good one director 

see here at 3:14. Phoenix with something violet

We also see on the intro of each episode. But what I am wondering is that her real shape is a frost flower so is the unfeeling pill somehow masking her real form too? 

edit: lmao the more I look at it the more I think it is probably true. Phoenix looks too happy just twirling around in the sky :lol::lol:

Just realized this. Eehhhh! That's not fair. That's a big troll they are pulling on us.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Oh Drama Gods dont do that to us!  But those 2 scenes look promising regarding "mutual cultivation"...passionate kisses are fine with me!!!  But what gives...still in the humanl realm, yes Night vengeance on the Empress may be justifiable but the other tactics he takes is not nice!

Edited by Sary Em
used wrong word before realm
  • Like 3

@mrsyooknit yes, she does it to protect him.

Spoiler

she sees the attack coming from Run Yu and flies in front of him to protect him

Thanks for the clip, Jin Mi looks badass flighting with Sui Hi. But yeah, when Phoenix protects her and attacks her with fire, I love how his own Phoenix feather protects Jin Mi from himself. Sorry for repeating myself. Can't get over it.

Btw, I've been late to work almost every day the past week thanks to this drama. No regrets though.

Lastly, this is only my second time watching Deng Lun in a drama. I watched Sweet Dreams while waiting for HSALF and didn't think much of him. But in HSALF, I think he is just so swoony :lol:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

Welcome!! @jehnnny99 :D

They are so adorable. That was Deng Lun's first drama. I think they have a good relationship since then. 

Yeah the thumbnail lies but this clip is really great. She confesses to him, even if in the mortal realm it still counts :bawling:

I am honestly afraid the ending is going to be rushed. She is going back to the mortal realm in the next two episodes for sure but then so much has yet to happen. And then after he is revived we have all these extra scenes from previews so I am like so anxious. It has been a while since I have felt like 60 episodes was probably not enough to tell a story. The drama has spent too much time on RY, the demon princess, and all these other side characters. I am like ahhhh :lol:

Welcome to chinese drama's where they spend so much time on sub plot's,fillers and side characters then rush the ending.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Welcome!! @jehnnny99 :D

They are so adorable. That was Deng Lun's first drama. I think they have a good relationship since then. 

Yeah the thumbnail lies but this clip is really great. She confesses to him, even if in the mortal realm it still counts :bawling:

I am honestly afraid the ending is going to be rushed. She is going back to the mortal realm in the next two episodes for sure but then so much has yet to happen. And then after he is revived we have all these extra scenes from previews so I am like so anxious. It has been a while since I have felt like 60 episodes was probably not enough to tell a story. The drama has spent too much time on RY, the demon princess, and all these other side characters. I am like ahhhh :lol:

I agree.  The ending may be rushed but hopefully they do fan service from all 5 epilogue found in the novel. And keep avid fans happy, like me! LOL

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, angel318 said:

Hi Everyone!!

Does anyone happen to know if Phoenix actually marries Siu He in the novel? I see that wedding scene in the demon realm and I'm like noooooo :(

Spoiler

No he does not.  The invitations for wedding was sent but war broke out as JM was used as a pawn once again by RY, as an excuse to lay siege on the Demon realm, lead by XF.  Honestly I think in the drama, they actually had JM & XF wed, just based on both their black clothing and embroidery on their sleeves look the same.  Unless it is added to the ending whereas after XF finds the reincarnated JM in the human realm.  They reunite and then have an official wedding ceremony in the Demon realm.  I remember in the novel JM stated that XF was happy but serious on their wedding day, but she birthing him a son he was over the moon.

Also with their son, I believe JM took their son to human realm to catch a bride in the drama but I think it was a different realm in the novel., where she encounters RY and we see how lonely he is as the Heavenly Emperor yet he was truly happy for her happiness; and XF frantically coming down to make sure his wife and son were safe from harm...hehehe I have a lot of theories as to how the drama plays out but still anticipate each episodes until the final episode 60.  Then I will have the worst withdrawl, oh the cycle of being a cdrama addict!!! LOL

SORRY i KIND OF WENT OFF TO SPOILERVILLE WITH MY RESPONSE

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, renjunnie said:

anyone can tell me the title of the song that used in this video

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av28956390

i know this song, but can't remember the title. i just remember this is ost of wuxia drama too.

Hey guys i somehow can't login with my previous account @PUNG so here i am with a different username to join the crew. 

@renjunnie to answer your question the song is called 九张机 from 双世宠妃 (The eternal love) theme song.

• Like 2

Remember when TMOPB was on air, was it because Drama Fever had licensed so that all the trailers, OST, interviews, bloopers, BTS videos were eng subbed, I hope we have great fans that have the time and knowledge to do so.  Watching raw, I really have no clue what the overall dialogue is being said or what is really happening in the plotline.  The only thing which was helping me was going back to read the eng translated novel as a guide, but again drama and novel version are slightly different.  Hoping a few fans, fluent with the language can volunteer some time and effort, If anything I can help upload the sub and do the timing once translated, IM me to discuss in more details.  Much appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

one thing about this drama that I like... the conversation that the couple has been sharing.. beside their stabbing gazes to each other....

it is raw.. deep.. intense... honest and determinant... I happened to OMG my self out for a couple of times because I didn’t expect Phoenix is this all out and went extra length for his love to Jin Mi.. I can feel his pain and I also want to hit Jin Mi’s head for always rejecting him.

here I found the YT channel that shares many english sub short videos about their intimate and genuine interractions... credit to Xu Ji Ye

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Sary Em said:
  Hide contents

No he does not.  The invitations for wedding was sent but war broke out as JM was used as a pawn once again by RY, as an excuse to lay siege on the Demon realm, lead by XF.  Honestly I think in the drama, they actually had JM & XF wed, just based on both their black clothing and embroidery on their sleeves look the same.  Unless it is added to the ending whereas after XF finds the reincarnated JM in the human realm.  They reunite and then have an official wedding ceremony in the Demon realm.  I remember in the novel JM stated that XF was happy but serious on their wedding day, but she birthing him a son he was over the moon.

Also with their son, I believe JM took their son to human realm to catch a bride in the drama but I think it was a different realm in the novel., where she encounters RY and we see how lonely he is as the Heavenly Emperor yet he was truly happy for her happiness; and XF frantically coming down to make sure his wife and son were safe from harm...hehehe I have a lot of theories as to how the drama plays out but still anticipate each episodes until the final episode 60.  Then I will have the worst withdrawl, oh the cycle of being a cdrama addict!!! LOL

SORRY i KIND OF WENT OFF TO SPOILERVILLE WITH MY RESPONSE

I honestly don’t care where FX and JM will live as long as they are together..  FX will even give his life to JM that’s how deep his love is...

for her... 

PS:  I can’t with Deng Lun’s gazes!!! AFGKJSGFHKFHFG!!!:wub::w00t:

• Like 4

This part, i like very much.  It shows how innocent JM is.  She  thinks that he wants a mutual cultivation with her and how cute she is to mimic the man's words from the theatre.   The BGM is so great and love the voice of Deng Lun.  He has got husky voice and really deep.  Also i am like when will JM spit that Elixir pill which her mom fed her.  She is like  a rock accepting both RY and XF feelings which makes both the brothers fight for her.

cr: uploader

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Phada said:

Hey guys i somehow can't login with my previous account @PUNG so here i am with a different username to join the crew. 

@renjunnie to answer your question the song is called 九张机 from 双世宠妃 (The eternal love) theme song.

aw that's right, thank you very much.