[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, canstand said:

I have zero interest of mixing the novel and drama together, even though they are the same story.  The truth is the writers did change RY's backstory in the drama, and mixing them together are prejudice. Indeed, you can't justify your action to hurt someone even if you are pitiful, but when someone slap you in the face, you better slap back. Personally, Heavenly empress' actions are cruel and unforgivable, and RY's action are no where near her.  I'm rooting for JM and XF, and I can find reason to justify RY's action. RY loves his brother, and he loves JM as well. After all, when your mother killed my mother and tortured me for years, why can't I ask for a payback? Speaking of hell-bent on revenge, I still remember John Wick killed a whole bunch of people when he's dog got killed.

Well, he has the right to get back to the Heaven Empress, but what about XF and JM? They are the ones who get hurt the most. The drama hasn't gone there so I'm not going to judge him on that yet. But if he does pull the same stunts like he did in the book to XF and JM, nothing will be able to justify his actions for me.

• Like 3

Just a random thought... No offense intended

The Empress seems more like a angry bull/brat with the red lipstick of hers rather than a vicious/evil ruler. I tried but I just can't stop laughing whenever I see her. :D

Other supporting characters are good, though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

32 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I like this ost mv.  Its very nice.

cr: uploader

I really like this song. It's so heartbreaking and matches the drama soo well.

9 minutes ago, niteshkmr11 said:

Just a random thought... No offense intended

The Empress seems more like a angry bull/brat with the red lipstick of hers rather than a vicious/evil ruler. I tried but I just can't stop laughing whenever I see her. :D

Other supporting characters are good, though.

Her red lipstick is all I stare at when I see her. It's like really RED and just catches you off guard. Lol! :lol:

• LOL 2

42 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I really like this song. It's so heartbreaking and matches the drama soo well.

Her red lipstick is all I stare at when I see her. It's like really RED and just catches you off guard. Lol! :lol:

lol I think it's an unspoken rule in C-dramas--bad guys who are women always wear bright red lipstick. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, Sary Em said:
  Hide contents

This scene I am thinking may be the 2nd mutual cultivation?  He is in black! The Great One

Hide contents

006IHhCXly1fu3gsadpj5j31410qoti0.jpg

I think so too :wub: 

But I don't know how much mutual cultivation will be obvious and how much will be just a kiss, etc. The second mutual cultivation was so heart breaking for JM </3

8 hours ago, canstand said:

I have zero interest of mixing the novel and drama together, even though they are the same story.  The truth is the writers did change RY's backstory in the drama, and mixing them together are prejudice. Indeed, you can't justify your action to hurt someone even if you are pitiful, but when someone slap you in the face, you better slap back. Personally, Heavenly empress' actions are cruel and unforgivable, and RY's action are no where near her.  I'm rooting for JM and XF, and I can find reason to justify RY's action. RY loves his brother, and he loves JM as well. After all, when your mother killed my mother and tortured me for years, why can't I ask for a payback? Speaking of hell-bent on revenge, I still remember John Wick killed a whole bunch of people when he's dog got killed.

pretty much what gleek49 wrote. I think if he only went after the Empress he would have been justified but he mixes up two innocent people who are the ones that end up hurting and who to be honest were pretty good/trusting of him. The Empress always thought he was duplicitous if XF and JM hadn't trusted him so much they wouldn't have fallen for his lies. 

7 hours ago, gleek49 said:

Well, he has the right to get back to the Heaven Empress, but what about XF and JM? They are the ones who get hurt the most. The drama hasn't gone there so I'm not going to judge him on that yet. But if he does pull the same stunts like he did in the book to XF and JM, nothing will be able to justify his actions for me.

• Like 1

4 billion views 

DkxJfqGV4AIkYrQ.jpg

maybe the drama will end up with 9-10 billion views

Posters for Qixi

DkxNRH9VsAA5n4M.jpg

DkxNRH9U0AAaQ9t.jpg

The other ships

DkxpRqpU8AEnr_V.jpg

DkxpSi9U8AAZacs.jpg

DkxpTYuVsAAgP3G.jpg

Also, since we are talking about bad guys and feeling bad for them. I kind of feel bad for SH, even thought she is pretty bad she truly loved XF and she sacrificed her whole future for him. Another one with a one sided obsession that couldn't understand that it takes two to tango. But I feel like unlike Night who used JM to get what he wanted SH sacrificed everything she had to try and get XF. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, renjunnie said:

found this!

ahhhh, it should be today :love:

40 minutes ago, Wotad said:

4 billion views on how many episodes? and how many is left. 

>4.3 billion views with 28 episodes and there are 32 left so probably 9 to 10 billion views by the time the drama finishes airing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

ahhhh, it should be today :love:

>4.3 billion views with 28 episodes and there are 32 left so probably 9 to 10 billion views by the time the drama finishes airing

10 billion views and over 1% on live tv rating's is a success so thats good ;p 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, clawedzip said:

lol I think it's an unspoken rule in C-dramas--bad guys who are women always wear bright red lipstick. :D

Agreed..and the eyes too :lol:..

Btw, JM's 'snake immortal' friend, Lord Puchu or Yan You, his teeth r so white, reminded me of Shawn Dou Xiao in PA..it's all i noticed on them :D.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

4 billion views 

DkxJfqGV4AIkYrQ.jpg

maybe the drama will end up with 9-10 billion views

Posters for Qixi

DkxNRH9VsAA5n4M.jpg

DkxNRH9U0AAaQ9t.jpg

The other ships

DkxpRqpU8AEnr_V.jpg

DkxpSi9U8AAZacs.jpg

DkxpTYuVsAAgP3G.jpg

Also, since we are talking about bad guys and feeling bad for them. I kind of feel bad for SH, even thought she is pretty bad she truly loved XF and she sacrificed her whole future for him. Another one with a one sided obsession that couldn't understand that it takes two to tango. But I feel like unlike Night who used JM to get what he wanted SH sacrificed everything she had to try and get XF. 

Spoiler

If you read the novel.  She is not that innocent.  She killed Water God JM father.  It is so funny that when Gods kill, they only get imprisoned.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

10 billion views and over 1% on live tv rating's is a success so thats good ;p 

Yeah if it ends up like that it will be one of the top hits of the year. 

31 minutes ago, Sary Em said:
  Hide contents

If you read the novel.  She is not that innocent.  She killed Water God JM father.  It is so funny that when Gods kill, they only get imprisoned.  

I know that but I still feel bad for her. She is pretty evil and annoying but she did really love XF so I feel somewhat sorry for her. Since we were talking about bad guys that we feel bad for :lol: At least she is in heavenly jail other people get off scotch free something about Gods and punishments. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Preview for tomorrow

:love: 

But seriously when is the wedding going to happen? like episode 50 :tears:

I swear they keep trolling us and it's like when are they going back to heaven and start all the other things. When I saw that picture on the Youtube thumbnail, I was like "oh! They're going back." but it's nothing. <_<

Also thank you for sharing the posters for Qixi. It was beautiful. I saw somewhere the translation of the posters. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

I swear they keep trolling us and it's like when are they going back to heaven and start all the other things. When I saw that picture on the Youtube thumbnail, I was like "oh! They're going back." but it's nothing. <_<

Also thank you for sharing the posters for Qixi. It was beautiful. I saw somewhere the translation of the posters. 

I know!!! The past two days I check YouTube and when I see them all happy and well in the mortal realm, I'm like when's it going to happen. I just hope the ending is not rushed. However, as it was a 24 chapter novel and the wedding happened in chapter 19, I think we still have a tight story. At least we won't be frustrated with fillers later on...well I hope not. I just want more OTP time in the end.

• Like 4

I made an account just to join this thread! This show has me obsessed and the couple is too cute to resist :bawling:

I hope their interviews get translated too, I don't understand a thing but their interaction has me smiling the whole way through:D

I also found some bts from an old show that they were also a couple in

They look like they have so much fun with each other. I noticed Deng lun likes to tease yang zi a lot and she likes to hit him :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Welcome!! @jehnnny99 :D

They are so adorable. That was Deng Lun's first drama. I think they have a good relationship since then. 

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Yeah the thumbnail lies but this clip is really great. She confesses to him, even if in the mortal realm it still counts :bawling:

2 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I know!!! The past two days I check YouTube and when I see them all happy and well in the mortal realm, I'm like when's it going to happen. I just hope the ending is not rushed. However, as it was a 24 chapter novel and the wedding happened in chapter 19, I think we still have a tight story. At least we won't be frustrated with fillers later on...well I hope not. I just want more OTP time in the end.

I am honestly afraid the ending is going to be rushed. She is going back to the mortal realm in the next two episodes for sure but then so much has yet to happen. And then after he is revived we have all these extra scenes from previews so I am like so anxious. It has been a while since I have felt like 60 episodes was probably not enough to tell a story. The drama has spent too much time on RY, the demon princess, and all these other side characters. I am like ahhhh :lol:

• Like 3

btw guys I think we are going to get cheated out of our mutual cultivation scenes. The guess among fans is that they mutually cultivate in their original form :lol: good one director 

see here at 3:14. Phoenix with something violet

We also see on the intro of each episode. But what I am wondering is that her real shape is a frost flower so is the unfeeling pill somehow masking her real form too? 

edit: lmao the more I look at it the more I think it is probably true. Phoenix looks too happy just twirling around in the sky :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7