[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

Just now, vintage_chutzpah said:

Yes, it's finally showing! The eng subs so far are only until episode 10. The raws are out on youtube. Are there any episodes with subs out there beyond episode 10?

There are subs up to (and including) 13 on 4udrama! :D:D

59 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Reveal hidden contents

She wrote a few epilogues to explain further. Yes, Jimin retained her memories. I think he found her bc he could feel her spirit. When she was a tear in his eye he knew there was a piece of her soul somewhere he just didn't know where. So after she left him, he was probably able to feel her spirit. She also seemed to retain her powers since she conceived her child in her original form. 

It did feel kind of abrupt so I agree. While I don't think it will happen all in one episode in the drama since some spoilers have shown clips of the epilogues (like them with their kid). I do think it will probably be the last two episodes. That is the big climax so afterwards there is no much story to tell. 

I do think they changed some stuff since in one of the previews. JM is seen dressed in black talking to him and she tells him "Cant we go back" he says "We can't go back" she tears up turns around to leave and he back hugs her. I don't remember this from the novel. Once they finally confronted each other JM was running away from Night and he attacked right away making XF misunderstand that this was also part of the plot of JM and Night. However, in clips she confronts him at least twice after he is resurrected. So I think they will add some otp scenes here and there. 

thanks for your reply!  i guess its bc the regular chapters were at a longer detailed length and the final chapter was too brief in comparison that i felt cheated and i wasn't readily to accept the end like that.

oh wells, hope the drama doesn't end too abruptly...

• Like 1

So glad for the 5 epilogues.  That made up for the ending being so short without detailed explanations.  But it is a HEA, that's all that matters for my romantic heart.  I honestly prefer HSALF storyline more than TMOPB.  And the drama so far is meeting my expectations.  Yay!  

• Like 3

I'm reading as I'm watching the RAW episodes, then going back to rewatch it with English subs. I cannot wait until they start subbing the mortal realm episodes. I don't know it just somehow feels nice and warmth to see them in the mortal realm rather than them in the heaven realm. 

Everything seems to be going good so far. Seen like from some spoiler pictures it'll be a happy ending. I hope it doesn't screw us over like princess agents where it just left us a huge opening ending.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sugarplum892 said:

thanks for your reply!  i guess its bc the regular chapters were at a longer detailed length and the final chapter was too brief in comparison that i felt cheated and i wasn't readily to accept the end like that.

oh wells, hope the drama doesn't end too abruptly...

Yeah, I do wish the author had written something to bridge the gap between she becoming a spirit and him finding her. But sometimes less is more if authors dont know how to fill in the gaps I rather leave it to my imagination. I also wanted Night to get some sort of retribution for everything he did, he got off scotch free. He says that imprisoned Sui He but to me she did way less than him. I feel like the author only punished him by him not being able to get JM's love but since he never had it. I feel like he deserved a lot more punishment for everything he did and tried to do to JM and XF. 

I do think the drama will end soon after the big fight. But hopefully satisfactory. It just makes sense because we are going into ep. 25 and they are still in the human realm which means they will probably return to Heaven by ep. 30 and JM still needs to be attacked by the Empress, etc before the wedding. So wedding will probably be around ep. 40. Then a few episodes of JM suffering trying to revive XF. After XF's revival there are some episodes until she finds out the truth and then we have the final confrontation and what follows. 

There is one scene where you see XF with a beard walking on the snow and I think that is him looking for JM's soul. Then the bts clips that we have seen where YZ is dressed in red and they seem to be in the human world. And finally the bts pictures with their son by a river. So maybe that by itself is like 20 minutes of storyline.

42 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm reading as I'm watching the RAW episodes, then going back to rewatch it with English subs. I cannot wait until they start subbing the mortal realm episodes. I don't know it just somehow feels nice and warmth to see them in the mortal realm rather than them in the heaven realm. 

Everything seems to be going good so far. Seen like from some spoiler pictures it'll be a happy ending. I hope it doesn't screw us over like princess agents where it just left us a huge opening ending.

Def don't think it will be open ending from bts pics going around. 

I am loving this part in the mortal realm before all the heartbreak. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

Def don't think it will be open ending from bts pics going around. 

I am loving this part in the mortal realm before all the heartbreak. 

That's true. I am enjoying all this before the heartbreaking stuff comes and we are going to be crying our eyeballs out. 

• Like 2

Love the theme song. 

There is a part where JM spill the pill and part where she sacrifice herself between brother fight. I think i saw that XF manage to transform back to phoenix. 

If he reborn as demon lord , does this mean the phoenix change to black? Then look like crow lei... Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I don't think XF is reborn as demon lord, he is still the ancient and even more powerful Phoenix.  i think everytime this bird is reborn its power becomes more emmense so he sought refuge in the Demon realm and being even more powerful he grasped the title of Demon King.  He became the most revered in that realm.  I enjoyed the cutsey first half but cannot wait for the rawness and angst in the second half, if it's confirmed that the author kept 90% of her novel content for the drama script.  So happy and obsessed right now with HSALF!!!

• Like 1

I am going to post some screencaps and bts pics that have been released that give us some idea about what will happen. 

None of these were taken by me, I just copied them from other forums. 

Stuff that I don't think happened in the book

Here we have XF and SH and he attacks JM 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo1_540.jpg

The Phoenix wing that he gave her protects her

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo2_540.jpg

In the book I remember she spies them together after SH's bday party but she doesn't show herself. Here she does and they obviously argue

Other clips show her spying on them 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo7_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo8_540.jpg

in the book he knew she was there

Now this one looks like a different confrontation bc her outfit has a different color

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo5_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo6_540.jpg

They didn't meet in the book until she goes to see him right before Night attacks so I have a feeling this was added. 

There is also this shot 

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo9_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo6_540.jpg

Fans speculate that it is her breaking a part of herself for him bc she is in so much pain

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo5_540.jpg

and he sees it as he is walking away 

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo10_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo1_540.jpg

Also the third time they see each other is during these scene. She asks him if they can go back and he says they can't but that they can start over.  I dont know if this is an illusions or dream (I have been tricked before >_> Journey of Flower) But it didnt happen like this in the book

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo3_540.jpg

then some bts clips show her next to him during the war

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo3_540.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sary Em said:

I don't think XF is reborn as demon lord, he is still the ancient and even more powerful Phoenix.  i think everytime this bird is reborn its power becomes more emmense so he sought refuge in the Demon realm and being even more powerful he grasped the title of Demon King.  He became the most revered in that realm.  I enjoyed the cutsey first half but cannot wait for the rawness and angst in the second half, if it's confirmed that the author kept 90% of her novel content for the drama script.  So happy and obsessed right now with HSALF!!!

He is reborn as a demon bc of the hatred he has for what happened to him, also when he is reborn he is weaker than he was before he died bc Night messed up with the pill JM gave him to revive him. He thought if he did something the pill would fail but it didn't. However, it did make Phoenix significantly weaker and in a lot of pain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some previews of what we see in the novel 

When JM jumps in front of Phoenix to save him from Night's attack. Like I said before when he is reborn he is weaker than he was before and right before this JM figures out that Night messed with the pill she gave Phoenix. 

tumblr_pdh7i4Tege1sakenqo1_400.gif

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo3_540.jpg

I think this could be right after the fight bc his hand still has blood on it 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo4_540.jpg

Happy fam 

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo10_540.jpg

[/spoiler]

This one I have no idea

Now this one screenshot shows up on the clips for one of the music videos and I can't place it in the drama, some fans think it is right after she is reborn others think it is after they finish their human realm trial. 

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo5_500.jpg

you cant see it clearly but he has a little stub so I think it is probably when she is reborn but it makes no sense since he finds her when she is about to get married so ??? no idea. Could also be an illusion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I am going to post some screencaps and bts pics that have been released that give us some idea about what will happen. 

None of these were taken by me, I just copied them from other forums. 

Stuff that I don't think happened in the book

Reveal hidden contents

Here we have XF and SH and he attacks JM 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo1_540.jpg

The Phoenix wing that he gave her protects her

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo2_540.jpg

In the book I remember she spies them together after SH's bday party but she doesn't show herself. Here she does and they obviously argue

Other clips show her spying on them 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo7_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo8_540.jpg

in the book he knew she was there

Now this one looks like a different confrontation bc her outfit has a different color

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo5_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo6_540.jpg

They didn't meet in the book until she goes to see him right before Night attacks so I have a feeling this was added. 

There is also this shot 

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo9_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo6_540.jpg

Fans speculate that it is her breaking a part of herself for him bc she is in so much pain

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo5_540.jpg

and he sees it as he is walking away 

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo10_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo1_540.jpg

Also the third time they see each other is during these scene. She asks him if they can go back and he says they can't but that they can start over.  I dont know if this is an illusions or dream (I have been tricked before >_> Journey of Flower) But it didnt happen like this in the book

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo3_540.jpg

then some bts clips show her next to him during the war

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo3_540.jpg

He is reborn as a demon bc of the hatred he has for what happened to him, also when he is reborn he is weaker than he was before he died bc Night messed up with the pill JM gave him to revive him. He thought if he did something the pill would fail but it didn't. However, it did make Phoenix significantly weaker and in a lot of pain. 

In the book, Xu Feng was not reborn as demon.  He just took refuge in Demon Realm; he couldn't stay in Heaven Realm because he and Night became enemy.

Spoiler

After Jin Mi stabbed him, he died and scattered and became formless, just an image.  His soul was still around.  The peacock princess too him to refuge in demon realm.  JM revived him back to body form by a reviving pill; she put the pill in her mouth and kissed his image lips.  Then he revived to be himself, Phoenix, again.  She traded some of herself powers for the pill.  After he revived, he became powerful and took over the demon realm. He became demon king.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Some previews of what we see in the novel 

Hide contents

When JM jumps in front of Phoenix to save him from Night's attack. Like I said before when he is reborn he is weaker than he was before and right before this JM figures out that Night messed with the pill she gave Phoenix. 

tumblr_pdh7i4Tege1sakenqo1_400.gif

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo3_540.jpg

I think this could be right after the fight bc his hand still has blood on it 

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo4_540.jpg

Happy fam 

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo4_540.jpg

tumblr_pdh6tdgx9H1sakenqo10_540.jpg

[/spoiler]

This one I have no idea

Hide contents

Now this one screenshot shows up on the clips for one of the music videos and I can't place it in the drama, some fans think it is right after she is reborn others think it is after they finish their human realm trial. 

tumblr_pdh7hePARR1sakenqo5_500.jpg

you cant see it clearly but he has a little stub so I think it is probably when she is reborn but it makes no sense since he finds her when she is about to get married so ??? no idea. Could also be an illusion. 

My guess would be when he does find her during her reborn into human realm at the end and they collab a plan to hijack the bridal sedan the next day.  Does his otfit not look like the bts where they are with their son?  Yeah hard to figure this scene out, or maybe just the 10% part that is different from novel.

• Like 2

Here is a screenshot of the moment I keep talking about possibly being very close to the end.

She is wearing a wedding outfit and he is wearing black, which would fit the ending of the book. They also seem to be in the human world. 

tumblr_pdh9k6JRWW1sakenqo1_540.png

The only other time JM wore red on the drama was for this scene but her outfit is different

tumblr_pdh73ymjn11sakenqo1_640.jpg

see she has a smaller head piece

7 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

In the book, Xu Feng was not reborn as demon.  He just took refuge in Demon Realm; he couldn't stay in Heaven Realm because he and Night became enemy.

Reveal hidden contents

After Jin Mi stabbed him, he died and scattered and became formless, just an image.  His soul was still around.  The peacock princess too him to refuge in demon realm.  JM revived him back to body form by a reviving pill; she put the pill in her mouth and kissed his image lips.  Then he revived to be himself, Phoenix, again.  She traded some of herself powers for the pill.  After he revived, he became powerful and took over the demon realm. He became demon king.  

But he did not return as he was a heavenly creature bc I remember the book saying he had descended. I have seen that used for immortal beings who are not longer seen as part of heaven due to some action they took, etc. I kind of associated with a fallen angel like they have fallen to the Demon world but I am not sure if this analogy is correct. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I also wanted Night to get some sort of retribution for everything he did, he got off scotch free.

Omo, does the night immortal turn to a villain??????  i am still on ep.11.  he seem to be such a nice guy.  

But the EP.11 has not been fully subbed from the last part of conversation bet. JM and the night immortal.   The servant comes to bid adieu but NI hides her behind him since she is dressed in female clothes.  i dont understand what they are exactly talking about.  can somebody tell me what is it about?   thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Love the theme song. 

thanks for posting the video.  Its really good.  I also like it.  

@mrsyooknit, thanks so much for the spoilers and also pointing out what is different in drama from the books. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

got off scotch free

i agree with you, he got off way too easily with all the things he's done.  I had neutral feelings towards RY but after what he did I hated his character lol

even using JM as a chess piece with delivering the pill to FH

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, sugarplum892 said:

i agree with you, he got off way too easily with all the things he's done.  I had neutral feelings towards RY but after what he did I hated his character lol

Reveal hidden contents

even using JM as a chess piece with delivering the pill to FH

I havent liked Night since JM finds out how he lied and used her. I thought he was innocent up to that point so I feel like I understood how betrayed she felt bc I also felt betrayed and tricked. After that as he kept doing horrible things like keeping her a prisoner then using her to attack XF again. My dislike meter for him is really big. There is no excuse for his actions and he claims to love her but all he did was use her for his benefit and cause her immense pain. I hope the drama gives him his much deserved karma. 

Now as a character he is pretty interesting. He always justifies his actions and I think he always sees himself as the pitiful party due to his childhood traumas but in reality he is very cunning, cold, and smart. He manages to outmaneuver everyone and trick everyone into feeling sorry for him. In the end, he just didnt count on how much JM and XF love each other. He makes for an interesting villain, even if the brother who was mistreated by his father as a child and seeks revenge stereotype is pretty trite. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1