[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, visiopeia said:

Thanks @tenten0227 .. no wonder she treat him coldly...

. They called it the Unfeeling Pill or a sandalwood pearl, something...I forgot. I have to read again.

I swear, when the 

Spoiler

death of phoenix and the heartbroken Jin Mi happened, I cried so hard while reading the book!!

• Like 2

Yeah after reading the book i have high expectations on how they will execute the Jin Mi stabbing Phoenix scene because it was so heartbreaking, Phoenix felt so betrayed and Jin Mi felt pain far worse than death after she spit out the unfeeling pill. The actors in the tv show are just how i imagined the characters in the novel and they have done an amazing job! i hope it keeps up like this.

• Like 4

I read the novel many years back and re-read a few times in between. I love the novel and I am not complaining about the drama adaptation of it. The OTP are hitting on the characters personalities as the way I would imagine them to be when reading the novel.

• Like 4

Subs are out up to episode 11

They had a little fanmeet yesterday with all the main actors except for YangZi.

I am glad they really expanded on this human realm storyline. They are so cute together. I predict wedding around episode 30 but some fans said that the actor who plays Night commented that it takes place after ep. 40. We will see actors sometimes like to give wrong info out on purpose. 

The only main difference that some people seem to be mentioning is Night being nicer in the drama than in the book. But to be honest, I was fooled by Night on the book almost all the way to the end. They did probably make him less bad but not by much imo. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

I am glad they really expanded on this human realm storyline. They are so cute together. I predict wedding around episode 30 but some fans said that the actor who plays Night commented that it takes place after ep. 40. We will see actors sometimes like to give wrong info out on purpose. 

Reveal hidden contents

The only main difference that some people seem to be mentioning is Night being nicer in the drama than in the book. But to be honest, I was fooled by Night on the book almost all the way to the end. They did probably make him less bad but not by much imo. 

Well same here same. I just find him fishy, but really didn't expect that much of him. 

I hope the wedding happen sooner so I can see JM have much more chance to repay what she owed to him (oh I love me some good angst) and more scene for the end and extras. I felt the novel end too abruptly with no explanation how she got back together with him after the final battle climaxed. It's clearly not enough for me. Lol. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ode2pika said:

Well same here same. I just find him fishy, but really didn't expect that much of him. 

I hope the wedding happen sooner so I can see JM have much more chance to repay what she owed to him (oh I love me some good angst) and more scene for the end and extras. I felt the novel end too abruptly with no explanation how she got back together with him after the final battle climaxed. It's clearly not enough for me. Lol. 

It looks like they're going to incorporate material from the epilogues into the ending, so it probably won't be as abrupt as it is in the novel.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lovehuche said:

This website recaps the drama up to ep 19, if anyone interested to read.

https://www.dorayakiz.com/tag/ashes-of-love/

I watch on this YouTube site.  I think it's good, not the best like Viki, but the later episodes has better sub.  

So subs get much better? i hate where some people are talking and missing text. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I really love them in the human realm. It's different from the novel and we get to see them together for a while. 

These past episodes are really good and I cannot wait for them to return and XuFeng goes into the underworld realm. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Reveal hidden contents

As much as I want the wedding to occur soon, I'm afraid the information is not far from the mark. I expect it around the 36-38 episode really. We still have 3 important plot points to cover regarding the Empress, water god, and something that will make Night very angry....

• Like 4

Yea..  Been waiting for this series. 

Yes.. Love it love it. 

Anyone can share the ending from book? 

I see the trailer there is the scene where the XF and JM inside the coffin.  

Will this series have happy ending? 

Pls pls make it happy ending.. 

23 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Yes.. Love it love it. 

Saw some set photos and seems like they're retaining the novel ending where XF will snatch the bride (JM). :D We'll get our happy ending~

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Yes.. Love it love it. 

The coffin scene takes place

Spoiler

at the end of their mortal trial, not at the end of the series. After they die in their mortal trial, they reawaken back in the immortal realm as their original immortal selves.

The series has a happy ending, don't worry. :)

• Like 2

I’ve seen up to ep.9 oh JM begin too feel torn from the pill and the drama also portrayed it well.

love whoever play JM. 

XF facial expression is abit lacking lol. Sometimes I can see it.

RY voice dub is my least favorite in here. His costume also not right for his body, makes him look too skinny for my liking. Like the white color though, I always imagine Night wears white in the novel. Lol.

Can’t wait to reach their mortal trial ep. 

I wonder what is the 2 realm that aren’t mentioned here, they always says 6 realm; heaven, demon, human, flower anddd..... what ?

i finished reading the novel and the last chapter aka the ending is so abrupt that I feel cheated lol...so now im wondering is the drama ending gonna be like that too?...making us feel like what the heck!!!

i felt like the writer just wrote a few sentences to make it a happy ending just so that she won't get lashed out at by her readers....even though it was a happy ending, not a lot was explained! like how did FH find the mortal JM 5 thousand years later, did JM retain her immortal memories, why she just cooly accept to elope with him when he appears, etc...so many unanswered questions leading up to that happy ending.  that ending was just slapped in your face and was like take it or leave it lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sugarplum892 said:

i finished reading the novel and the last chapter aka the ending is so abrupt that I feel cheated lol...so now im wondering is the drama ending gonna be like that too?...making us feel like what the heck!!!

Hide contents

i felt like the writer just wrote a few sentences to make it a happy ending just so that she won't get lashed out at by her readers....even though it was a happy ending, not a lot was explained! like how did FH find the mortal JM 5 thousand years later, did JM retain her immortal memories, why she just cooly accept to elope with him when he appears, etc...so many unanswered questions leading up to that happy ending.  that ending was just slapped in your face and was like take it or leave it lol

She wrote a few epilogues to explain further. Yes, Jimin retained her memories. I think he found her bc he could feel her spirit. When she was a tear in his eye he knew there was a piece of her soul somewhere he just didn't know where. So after she left him, he was probably able to feel her spirit. She also seemed to retain her powers since she conceived her child in her original form. 

It did feel kind of abrupt so I agree. While I don't think it will happen all in one episode in the drama since some spoilers have shown clips of the epilogues (like them with their kid). I do think it will probably be the last two episodes. That is the big climax so afterwards there is no much story to tell. 

I do think they changed some stuff since in one of the previews. JM is seen dressed in black talking to him and she tells him "Cant we go back" he says "We can't go back" she tears up turns around to leave and he back hugs her. I don't remember this from the novel. Once they finally confronted each other JM was running away from Night and he attacked right away making XF misunderstand that this was also part of the plot of JM and Night. However, in clips she confronts him at least twice after he is resurrected. So I think they will add some otp scenes here and there. 

• Like 6