[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

me too!! sometimes production companies get ideas about changing the ending 

same 

lol in the book she profeses her love without really meaning to or understanding what she is saying. He has no chance. 

I hope they don't change the ending.

I was thinking the same thing, too, from the video that you posted under spoiler. I couldn't piece things together and thought maybe that's what it is.

16 hours ago, niteshkmr11 said:

Can anybody tell me what happens after Xu Feng is born as demon lord? How will be relationship between Xu Feng and Jin Mi?

Spoiler

I marathon the book last night.  My heart ached reading the agony part.  

To answer your quest, based on I am reading, when Jin Mi killed Xu Feng, he died but his soul still floating around.  I think the peacock princess took him to refuge in underworld.  He was not reborn as demon king.  During the chaos period, the unfeeling pill came out of her body, Ji Mi was loved sick for Fire.  She went underworld to find him.  There is guy who knows how to make reviving pill.  Ji Mi trade her 40 or 60 %cultivation  power for this pill so she could revive Xu Feng to life again.  She took the pill and went underworld and found him.  He was just like shadow of image only.  She put the pill in her mouth and kissed the shadow image Xu Feng's lips.  That how he was revived to become himself again.  He regained his power and faught in underworld leaders and became demon leader.  

It's funny and cute that everytime they have s*x she would call mutually cultivation.  She thinks that they are cultivating that Fire is transferring his power to her.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, clawedzip said:

Can someone who understands the raws explain what exactly is the deal with Jin Mi's mortal trial and how the Heavenly Empress is involves?

Before reuniting with her father, Jin Mi was only a fruit fairy, now her father wants her to live up to her potential. So he takes her to see his teacher help so she can help breaking the seal on Jin Mi's real power and then, he asks the Heaven Emperor to "promote" Jin Mi to God status so she can inherit her mother's title. But the promotion is considered unfair because most Gods have to spend years on building up their power and going through difficult trial in order to be promoted. Hence, Jin Mi has to go through a mortal trial, so she can get promoted when she comes back. The empress is planning to kill Jin Mi permanently during the trial because she's going to be at her most vulnerable as a mortal, all alone in mortal realm, without any protection by her side. Phoenix figures out his mother's intention so he followed her to the mortal world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

Before reuniting with her father, Jin Mi was only a fruit fairy, now her father wants her to live up to her potential. So he takes her to see his teacher help so she can help breaking the seal on Jin Mi's real power and then, he asks the Heaven Emperor to "promote" Jin Mi to God status so she can inherit her mother's title. But the promotion is considered unfair because most Gods have to spend years on building up their power and going through difficult trial in order to be promoted. Hence, Jin Mi has to go through a mortal trial, so she can get promoted when she comes back. The empress is planning to kill Jin Mi permanently during the trial because she's going to be at her most vulnerable as a mortal, all alone in mortal realm, without any protection by her side. Phoenix figures out his mother's intention so he followed her to the mortal world. 

Oh I see. But how exactly would the Empress kill Jin Mi permanently as a mortal? Isn't the whole point of mortal trials that you die during them, and then revive as your original self?

Hello, I’m newcomer here, so I want to greet all of you reader. This is my first time commenting here, but I’ve been silent reader for quite awhile now. Now back to topic, didn’t expect to like this adaptation but surprisingly liking it. The cgi, two lead, and the story which follows the book quite close. Don’t understand chinese, so waiting for the subs.

I see not many people comment on this thread, such a shame. I hope this drama will receive much love from international fan. Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, clawedzip said:

Oh I see. But how exactly would the Empress kill Jin Mi permanently as a mortal? Isn't the whole point of mortal trials that you die during them, and then revive as your original self?

As you can see in ep 19-20 aired today, the masked man, who is working for the Empress, can create a special weapon that can permanently murder a fairy/god. If Jin Mi is killed by that weapon, not just her mortal body, but her heavenly soul will also die. I hope this makes sense to you, cause English is not my first language and there are many Chinese terms that I can't translate properly.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ode2pika said:

Hello, I’m newcomer here, so I want to greet all of you reader. This is my first time commenting here, but I’ve been silent reader for quite awhile now. Now back to topic, didn’t expect to like this adaptation but surprisingly liking it. The cgi, two lead, and the story which follows the book quite close. Don’t understand chinese, so waiting for the subs.

I see not many people comment on this thread, such a shame. I hope this drama will receive much love from international fan. Looking forward to it.

Welcome! I think as more people find out about the dramas we will get more active. Sadly the drama is not licensed so right now its popularity among ifans is due to word of mouth. 

• Like 1

So the made Jin Mi's mortal adventure longer and more interesting. So far, I am liking the little additions that they did to the story. Been through the subbed epis already and I can't wait for more. I'm so happy that the subbers are going as fast as they can. Thanks so much for everybody's effort!

• Like 1

Joining this forum chat.  I have been spreading the novel translations of HSALF on whichever forum I find myself on !!  Just really happy that so far the drama adaptation is close to the novel.  I love this storyline even more so than TMOPB.  The actors are doing a great job.  I think it's eng sub up to do eps 10 on YT.  I hope they incorporate all the HE from the epilogues or else I am going to riot LOL.

13 hours ago, clawedzip said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that

Reveal hidden contents

they are going to kill off the Wind Goddess also?

Spoiler Warning! 

Spoiler

I think so, I was hinted about this either from a music video or some behind the scenes video. The next tab is also a spoiler since I'll be writing about who kills the Wind Goddess and what happens after that, so read on only if you don't mind spoilers. 

Spoiler

If I remember correctly from whatever source I watched, the Wind Goddess is killed by Xu Feng's mother. Jin Mi misunderstands thinking it was Xu Feng's doing so she questions him about it. This is similar to the novel where she thinks Xu Feng killed her father, which is probably going to happen in the drama too. I'm not 100% sure about everything but we'll keep watching to find out. Happy watching everyone~!

8 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

By the way, Run Yu (the eldest son) is not the empress child? She treat him coldly... 

Nope, he isn't her son by blood. I think his mother is some lower level fairy.  

• Like 2

I read something online regarding Chinese characters for phoenix that the chinese name for phoenix is composed of the two characters, feng(凤) and huang(凰). Feng is for male phoenixes and huang is for female phoenixes.  So Xu is Fire last name and Feng means Phoenix.  

6 hours ago, tenten0227 said:

Spoiler Warning! 

Hide contents

I think so, I was hinted about this either from a music video or some behind the scenes video. The next tab is also a spoiler since I'll be writing about who kills the Wind Goddess and what happens after that, so read on only if you don't mind spoilers. 

Hide contents

If I remember correctly from whatever source I watched, the Wind Goddess is killed by Xu Feng's mother. Jin Mi misunderstands thinking it was Xu Feng's doing so she questions him about it. This is similar to the novel where she thinks Xu Feng killed her father, which is probably going to happen in the drama too. I'm not 100% sure about everything but we'll keep watching to find out. Happy watching everyone~!

Nope, he isn't her son by blood. I think his mother is some lower level fairy.  

Thanks @tenten0227 .. no wonder she treat him coldly...

Spoiler

And yes, it is a misunderstanding between Jin Mi and Xu Feng on her wedding day... she stab Xu Feng's back and yelled that he killed her father.. she was so angry.. till his very last breath, he asked Jin Mi whether she has ever loved him before, she replied coldly that NEVER! ... he died .. and she start to feel hurt on her heart and vomited the red pearl (i dunno what they called) .. all the feelings comes to her..... 

• Like 1