Novel: Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost (香蜜沉沉烬如霜) by Dian Xian

Cast:

Yang Zi

Deng Lun

Leo Luo

Chen Yu Qi.

Wang Yi Fei

Synopsis:

In the prehistoric times, the 200,000 year of Tian Yuan, the flower deity Zi Fen dies after giving birth to a daughter. Before she passed, she fed her daughter the Unfeeling Pill, ordered her subordinates to keep the girl’s birth story a secret and to imprison her within Shui Jing for ten thousand years. The girl’s name is Jin Mi. 

Four thousand years later, the Heavenly Emperor’s second son, the Phoenix Fire Deity was entrapped by someone and mistakenly entered Shui Jing. He was saved by the ignorant Jin Mi. After living together for a hundred years, the Fire Deity gradually developed feelings for Jin Mi. Who would have thought that he would be attracted to Jin Mi?

In between the Heavenly World and the Devil World, there is an immeasurably deep River of Forgetfulness, where the war between the Fire Deity and Night Deity finally erupts.

Cr shushengbar

Watch it here on Viki!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 Viki Episodes

Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 Raw Episodes

Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 Episode Recaps

Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost (香蜜沉沉烬如霜) Novel Translations

Deng Lun Official Soompi Thread

Legend of Chusen 诛仙·青云志 Official Drama Thread

Ban Shu Legend 班淑傳奇 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So glad they are making this drama since l loved the book. In the beginning it's hilarious, especially when Jin Mi thought Xu Feng was a crow and tried to feed him worms and let him drink out of the spring where she washes her feet

. The story gets melodramatic later on when Jin Mi suspects Xu Feng killed her father and kills him on her wedding day, to his brother the Night God Run Yu. He dies and is reborn as a Demon Lord, she tries to make ammends but he wants nothing to do with her....

• Like 2

Deng Lun as Xu Feng (aka Phoenix Fire Deity, second son of Heavenly Emperor, one of handsome deity of the six heavenly realms)

Yang Zi as Jin Mi (Flower Deity)

Chen Yuqi as Liu Ying (Princess of the Demon World)

Leo Luo Yun Xi as Ren Yu (aka as Night Deity, big brother of Xu Feng, first heavenly prince, son of Heavenly Emperor)

Faye Wang Yi Fei as Sui He (Princess of the Bird Tribe)

Zou Ting Wei as Qi Yuan

Heavy Sweetness, Ash Like Frost is a television drama adapted from the Xianxia romance internet novel of the same name by Dian Xian. Some novel fans say this story is similar to Three Live Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossom.

In the prehistoric times, the 200,000 year of Tian Yuan, the flower deity Zi Fen dies after giving birth to a daughter. Before she passed, she fed her daughter the Unfeeling Pill, ordered her subordinates to keep the girl’s birth story a secret and to imprison her within Shui Jing for ten thousand years. The girl’s name is Jin Mi.

Four thousand years later, the Heavenly Emperor’s second son, the Phoenix Fire Deity was entrapped by someone and mistakenly entered Shui Jing. He was saved by the ignorant Jin Mi. After living together for a hundred years, the Fire Deity gradually developed feelings for Jin Mi. Who would have thought that he would be attracted to Jin Mi?

In between the Heavenly World and the Devil World, there is an immeasurably deep River of Forgetfulness, where the war between the Fire Deity and Night Deity finally erupts. – credits source; xia0yuer

Heavy Sweetness, Ash Like Frost begins filming in June 15, 2017 and is expected to broadcast in 2018.

• Like 4

On 27/07/2017 at 0:53 AM, hello_kathy said:

I hope this will be good.  I read the translation at onesecondspring but I don't think there's enough details in the book to fill 50 episodes.  I can't pass up Deng Lun though:wub:

They can expan on the relationship between Xu Feng and Jin Mi when she was his unpaid slave since this part was skimmed over in the novel. In one of the epilogue chapters there's a whole Lord Xu Feng was having so much fun with his page that they broke the table, misunderstanding. In reality, Jin Mi was so bad at magic she made one of the table legs dissapear, so she propped it up with some "Spring Palace Books" aka books with naked people!

In another epilogue, the Heaven Realm celebrated the dragon boat festival with a party where rice cakes had years of power as the filling. Jin Mi wanted the one that had 500 years that was in Xu Feng's study so she offered to make him some kind of cake in exchange for it. After getting the rice cake she forgot so was punished with making him the cake every night at midnight for a whole year!

They can also show the behind the scenes plotting like how Night Deity planned the coup to overthrow his father and how the princess from the Bird Clan killed the Water Deity  and framed Xu Feng for it to cause a misunderstanding between him and Jin Mi. They can show how evil Xu Feng is as a Demon Lord and maybe how he wants revenge against the Heaven Realm.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

Looking foward to this but the set date looks so far away!!!!!

I thought it was 2018 did they push it out recently to 2019...nooooo...too long LOL.  I kind of have very high expectation for this so I guess if they are going to produce it then it better be like the novel or better, just like 10 miles/Eternal Love.  Even if it's going to take 2 years!!!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sary Em said:

I thought it was 2018 did they push it out recently to 2019...nooooo...too long LOL.  I kind of have very high expectation for this so I guess if they are going to produce it then it better be like the novel or better, just like 10 miles/Eternal Love.  Even if it's going to take 2 years!!!!! 

I'm more worried about the quality as i didn't read the novel,the first pics we've got aren't that compelling to be truthful,looks kinda lowcost and i hope it's the case as poor posters but fine product rather than poor promotional posters and poor quality even more when it's a fantasy(wuxia)...2019 looks soooo forever,c-drama fans are indeed Sage in mastering the patience and waiting...:bawling:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

They can expan on the relationship between Xu Feng and Jin Mi when she was his unpaid slave since this part was skimmed over in the novel. In one of the epilogue chapters there's a whole Lord Xu Feng was having so much fun with his page that they broke the table, misunderstanding. In reality, Jin Mi was so bad at magic she made one of the table legs dissapear, so she propped it up with some "Spring Palace Books" aka books with naked people!

In another epilogue, the Heaven Realm celebrated the dragon boat festival with a party where rice cakes had years of power as the filling. Jin Mi wanted the one that had 500 years that was in Xu Feng's study so she offered to make him some kind of cake in exchange for it. After getting the rice cake she forgot so was punished with making him the cake every night at midnight for a whole year!

They can also show the behind the scenes plotting like how Night Deity planned the coup to overthrow his father and how the princess from the Bird Clan killed the Water Deity  and framed Xu Feng for it to cause a misunderstanding between him and Jin Mi. They can show how evil Xu Feng is as a Demon Lord and maybe how he wants revenge against the Heaven Realm.

Agree!!  Add all of the epilogues, milk the ending with all the cute, funny and HEA!!!!, if they change the ending, then I shall give up on all CDrama...until the next cnovel adaptation occurs LOL.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2017 at 9:58 AM, Sary Em said:

Agree!!  Add all of the epilogues, milk the ending with all the cute, funny and HEA!!!!, if they change the ending, then I shall give up on all CDrama...until the next cnovel adaptation occurs LOL.

Totally agree they should leave the ending exactly as it is it the book.

During the rice cake party, my theory is Xu Feng knew which rice cake had 500 years because it was his own power in it and kept it for Jin Mi. But since she is forgetful, he made her stick to her end of the bargain just to teach her not to forget her promises to him.

Hope they include the epilogue where Jin Mi is disappointed that her son turned out to be an egret (white heron), cause she would rather he be a Phoenix or something fearsome like a hawk. She is water and Xu Feng is a bird so their son ends up as a water bird.

There's also an epilogue where Xu Feng is angry that Jin Mi is not demanding he transfer her some divine power like she does EVERY NIGHT. It's a measure of how much he loves her that he's willing to give her his power and to him it's a measure of how much she relies on him.

• Like 1

One of my fav novel with one of my fav male character! I hope they would do justice to the novel and to my beloved Phoenix! I can't say I like the actress who's playing Jin Mi, the only role I've seen her in is as the icey girl in Legend of Chusen. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

One of my fav novel with one of my fav male character! I hope they would do justice to the novel and to my beloved Phoenix! I can't say I like the actress who's playing Jin Mi, the only role I've seen her in is as the icey girl in Legend of Chusen. 

The actress who plays Jin Mi is the female lead in Legend of the Dragon Pearl, where she gets a cutesy palace maid/ princess of the last dynasty role. I didn't finish that drama though because it is left open ended and the nice emperor turns evil.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

My only concern with so much revenge between OTP...am I going to get a HE or will I be bawling my eyes out at two heart-broken gods O_O

If they stick to the book, it's a Happy Ending!

Even after she kills him Xu Feng can't make himself hurt Jin Mi. She sacrifices herself to stop the war between the Heaven Realm and the Demon Realm and is reborn as a tear in Xu Feng's eyes. After he regrets not trusting her, she gets reborn as a mortal. As a mortal, Jin Mi gets summoned to the palace to become a concubine after the emperor of the human realm sees a painting of her.

On the way to the palace, the bridal sedan is stolen by a Phoenix.They have this exchange:

Xu Feng:"Jin Mi, I have come."

Jin Mi: " But I have already accepted the little emperors bridal gifts."

Xu Feng:" What a shame, for the  SIX THOUSAND years of divine power I have prepared."

Jin Mi: " Then I'll have to accept it (the SIX THOUSAND years of divine power)"

Found some art that seems to be scenes from the book:

The Flower Goddess (who used to be a lotus flower)

IMG_1324.jpg

The River of Forgetfulness

IMG_1337.jpg

Jin Mi and Night Diety in the mortal realm (I think). The deer is Night Diety's Nightmare Beast and the stone on the side of the road is a marker for how many miles to the nearest town.

IMG_1331.jpg

The Flower Realm

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

The Border between the Heaven Realm and the Underworld 

IMG_1334.jpg

Xu Feng's Palace (I think)

IMG_1338.jpg

• Like 3