[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2017 at 1:58 PM, 0ly40 said:

first teaser:

Thanks @0ly40 and welcome! Translation for this 1st teaser on page 4. :rolleyes:

On 8/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, Cache Sand said:

SEO EUN SU updated her instagram

Love the HS uniform flashback with their daddy driving.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, cadymcbronzie said:

Annyeong 서지수씨!

KBS giving her more love than LTH :tongue: I like how PSH fans make sure his posts get more love than everyone else combined - kind of collective penance, ha ha.

2017081400481_0.jpg

Shin HyeSun to Lee TaeHwan ... 'My Golden Life' Essential Family Tree Map
From: http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/08/14/2017081400507.html

Shin HyeSun to Lee TaeHwan ... 'My Golden Life' Essential Family Tree Map

Sports Chosun Lee JiHyeon reporting

2017.08.14 08:18

KBS2 TV's new weekend drama 'My Golden Life' first family relation map has been released and drawing attention. Focused around Chun HoJin + Jeon NoMin, the characters' family relations are shown at a glance and gathering interest.

Following KBS 2TV 'Father is Strange', airing its first broadcast on September 2 (Sat) 7:55pm KST, 'My Golden Life' published on Monday its family relation map to help grasp at a glance the characters in the story.

'My Golden Life', the story of a '3-way nothing'*** woman wanting to escape her 'Dirt Spoon' status who happens upon a 'cheat code' chance to fake 'status upgrade' for her life, is a family drama portrayal of her golden life experiences that unfold, relateable by viewers across all generations.
(*** No money, no back, no luck.)

In the published family relation map the characters centered around Seo TaeSoo (Chun HoJin) + Yang MiJung (Kim HaeOk) couple and Choi JaeSung (Jun NoJin) + No MyeongHee (Na YoungHee) couple are drawing attention. In particular the two families, seemingly without any commonality between them, are making viewers curious as to what form of relations they will be forming.

If you observe Seo TaeSoo family first, the Seo TaeSoo + Yang MiJung couple has 4 children. Seo TaeSoo is a man wholly devoted to, and who tries his utmost for, his family - a South Korean role model father. TaeSoo's wife Yang MiJung also is one who's lived her life as a full time home maker only looking after her husband and children.

Seo family's first son, Seo JiTae (Lee TaeSung), while representing the 'given-up generation', does date, but is a man in his thirties who doesn't believe in marriage***. After him are the fraternal twins Seo JiAn (Shin HyeSun) - Seo JiSoo (Seo EunSoo), and the older Seo JiAn is a dirt-spoon contractor working hard to become a full time employee.
(*** Actually, questions the definition / purpose of marriage.)

On the other hand, JiAn's twin (and younger) sister Seo JiSoo is one without career goals but gets by working part time at a bakery she likes, a free-spirit with no real complaints. Also TaeSoo's youngest son Seo JiHo (Shin HyunSoo) experienced 'anything for money' culture early and is a realist who ekes out a living in the work place battlefront at a young age.

In addition Choi JaeSung's family referred to as the HaeSung Group is also drawing attention. Choi JaeSung is the vice chairman of this country's foremost large corporation, HaeSung group, who has his sights set on higher goals and lives with this ambition in his heart. On the other hand, his wife and HaeSung group's actual insider/owner No MyungHee, born into an old-rich family, will always display her ChaeBol heiress-worthy competence and composure even in the most confounding of circumstances.

And HaeSung Group's son Choi DoKyung (Park SiHoo) is a 3rd gen ChaeBol who's followed his elite path from birth on. To become a role model of noblesse oblige' is his life's first purpose. His little sister Choi SeoHyeon (Lee DaIn) is an immature rich family daughter who obediently follows her 'godlike' parents while pursing musical studies.

We observe especially the 'and important character' labeled SunWoo*** Hyuk (Lee TaeHwan) with both families. SunWoo Hyuk, who is also Seo JiAn's high school BFF, is already raising expectations for what relations he will have with these families.

As shown, in 'My Golden Life', with the backdrop of the tangled web of 'Seo Family + HaeSung Group', the story of one family will unfold colorfully. Specifically, through each charming*** characters' portrayal of his/her situation, an ultimately not so ordinary, unpredictable story to be told is raising anticipation higher.
(*** charming = 'anti charm' - to be explained more fully later)

'My Golden Life' writer says, "'MGL' is a family drama that all generations can relate to," and "with middle class Seo family and chaebol class Choi family backdrop, entertaining family story will unfold, so we ask for much anticipation and interest."

Following 'Father is Strange', 'My Golden Life', blowing warm family breeze into the family room theaters, will begin on September 2 (Sat) 7:55pm KST.

olzllovely@sportschosun.com

***NOTE Lee TaeHwan's role character has a rare 2-syllable last name, SunWoo, and a less uncommon 1-syllable first name Hyuk.  SunWoo Hyuk . Hyuk for short. B)

Link: http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/08/14/2017081400507.html

This 'repost' is nevertheless a nice to have summary for us hard-core early adopters,yes? B)

Why are some people using a 2017 Soompi thread to bring up PSH’s old legal trouble?  This is gossip and slander, even when brought up obliquely referring to “others” and to links.  Please give it a rest for those of us who will want to focus on the story and acting in MGL – the purpose of Soompi’s threads – and being fans of this and that actress or actor, of course.  Moderator, please support Soompi’s credibility by setting some boundaries before MGL airs -- or the thread will degenerate even more.  I’d think this would concern you.

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

He's certainly not loved outside his fandom: check the comment section under this article:

Everyone wants to watch MGL for SHS, but half of the people have decided to not give it a chance because of PSH.

If  they happen to not have enough chemistry or his acting becomes worse than expected, it will really become  a burden for her: she will have to lead the show despite the criticism directed to him.  

You do realize, these are not comments from domestic viewers. Ratings are decided by domestic viewers not International viewers. There are plenty of show that are massively well loved by international audience that had zero impact on domestic audience. I don't know how strongly they feel about Park Shi Hoo and his scandal. Because there's been a hell of a lot of scandals of similar nature post Park Shi Hoo and even worse. 

As for Park Shi Hoo's acting skills, he was so good in one of his early dramas that the writer and director upgraded him from 2nd lead to 1st lead. I think it was one with Bae Doona back in 2007 before his scandal. His acting is solid, there's no doubt about that. As for the scandal, the details, the more your read the more complex it all gets. Decide for yourself what you'd like to feel about all of that. I won't comment on it. 

@titania1000 Lighten up......You were concerned about the acting part about PHS, about that I can vouch for having seen his projects. He did outshine everyone else in his past projects and I hope he can do well here since he is the lead. His personality or his sins or virtues, that is up for debate. A debate that I have no interest in getting into. Also, I do care about how this show does because its Shin Hye Sun's first lead project and I hope it does well in terms of numbers for her sake. How much future projects is offered to her as a lead depends a whole lot on this. I hope they have good chemistry and I can enjoy this show like I did Five Kids and Father is Strange. Its a weekend drama, KBS weekend dramas have good reputation for being family oriented light and heart warming affair and the writer is solid. 

I've seen PSH, I've enjoyed all his dramas, I am not one his fans ( I don't know whose fan I am) but I will have to agree with @Nymeria289 his acting is pretty decent, he draws you in. Plus this incident happened more that 3 years ago, give the guy a chance. 

We have all see hateful Anti-fans in dramas, sometimes their hate is based on not knowing all the facts. Same with his case...there were some question and inconsistencies. Benefit of the doubt! That is what he needs. I hope this drama does well, because a problem they will face is getting ratings up because of people skipping drama because a scandal... 

10 hours ago, kdyes said:

for those of us who will want to focus on the story and acting in MGL

Hi @kdyes I apologize for any oblique references at PSH's fans, who I think are great, actually. As I had said in earlier pages, I don't want to contribute to a negative tone on this thread for what should be an awesome drama, so I'll try harder to keep it positive. The main reason I went through the exercise of doing full translation on that family tree article above was to share how much thought had gone into this production, and each actor/actress, including the leads, is an important but a small part of the whole. The success of this drama will depend on everyone's team work and believing the best of one another as they work together for the next 6 or 7 months. I think we can try and emulate that effort also as fans. Go MGL! Go Park SiHoo! Kick-a**!! :wub:

16 hours ago, meechuttso said:

On the other hand, his wife and HaeSung group's actual insider/owner No MyungHee, born into an old-rich family, will always display her ChaeBol heiress-worthy competence and composure even in the most confounding of circumstances.

That was my favorite part of the article, and I look forward to Na YoungHee's performance, hopeful for her taking the cliched chaebol mom role to a different kind of 'anti-charm' that Koreans so often speak of.B)

'Golden' Shin HyeSun, Clash of Hairs.. at Police Station

From http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003598697

DHT6p6mVwAAQ9aC.jpg

'Golden' Shin HyeSun, Clash of Hairs.. at Police Station

Shin HyeSun is grabbing attention with her clash of hairs fight scene. With her tousled hair and face full of cuts sitting at a police station with a quirky smile, she's making us curious what is going on....

SHS, in MGL, is a HaeSung Group marketing team contract employee trying hard to climb onto the last available full time employee spot, a Dirt-Spoon representative named Seo JiAn. Before her dad's bankruptcy, JiAn had passed for a 'girl-crush' class, but now for a chance at full time employee position she's become a 'yes girl' willing to give even her liver or gall bladder. To this no-money, no-back, no-luck woman who wanted to put a 'brake'?? on her '3-nothing life', a seemingly miraculous moment to turn her life around presents itself, and a rollercoaster-like life is about to begin.

The still cuts show ... (describes the obvious scene...)

This scene was filmed on August 2nd at a location in Seoul. After shooting began, Shin HyeSun, full of the kill-feel of a dirt spoon who put her life on the line for chance at full time employment, slowly worked herself up emotionally, then overwhelmed the shooting scene with her acting out of explosive rage without a cause, it is reported.

In particular, even before shooting began under PD Kim HyeongSuk's meticulous directing, Shin HyeSun, who had immersed herself fully in JiAn's emotions, immediately upon queue not only created the fight scene not sparing herself but also added ad-lib to give birth to the scarily comical scene full of explosive fury, it is told.

MGL crew said, "today's shoot was a difficult one because it was a merciless knock-down drag-out hair pulling fight scene. Still, thanks to Shin HyeSun who took care of and encouraged others while not sparing her own body, we wrapped up the scene easily," and "so that this family-like atmosphere of the shooting scene overflowing with energy can be delivered all the way to your family rooms, the entire staff and actors will do their very best. Please anticipate it," they conveyed. September 2nd first broadcast.

Sounds like she learned a few tricks from Seo DongJae (Lee JoonHyuk' role from Secret Forest - will sell her liver, he would have given his kidney).:wub:

Spoiler

So far I've seen (at her dcinside fanclub) pics of her carrying garbage with dirty skirt, washing dishes or working in the back at a fried chicken shop, in a fender bender with PSH's car, and now this. Like most long dramas, this one will start with a bang also I think.And her new role as SiAh might make us miss not just YeonDoo and EunSoo, but even SiAh and everyone else she's ever played... for awhile.:wink::heart:

On 8/13/2017 at 0:13 PM, cadymcbronzie said:

BTS: JIanny doing hair and makeup on set B)

Credit: hello_mr_seok

@meechuttso Aaarrrggghhh... I can't wait for our sweet September! I'm likening this new character to her actual personality just because she wants to work hard and make herself known. To get that recognition that she is finally an actress whom others would want to work with, in the future. 

I really like this side of her. She has been very determined to be an actress at such a young age. Even though she got her break at a late age, she has worked really hard these past three years. To finally land a lead role on a weekend drama, must have been a great deal for her. To shoulder that responsibility but I am confident she can do wonders.

And you know what... There's plenty of "censorship" since it is meant to be a family drama. So, kisses would be just a quick peck, or decent, this time around. That's a huge relief *phew*

Hehehehe...

Hye Sun-ah, keep those lips and tongue :tongue: for some lucky other one(s) ya :wink:

@cadymcbronzie i have to say i am with you hands up legs up to this statement! NO kisses for this male lead please! keep them for other lucky ones and perhaps Sung Hoon again in future projects to come! :D

On 8/16/2017 at 2:46 AM, titania1000 said:

@Nymeria289 I know indeed DB since the site exists and i'm aware of the international origin of its members. Their opinions don’t matter in term of ratings but I rely a lot on their reviews to pick my dramas, so it matters to me.

My post wasn't about the ratings: i don't have a concern for it since KBS has already greenlight 50 episodes. The writer and director seem talented and experienced enough, theres's no reason for them to miss the point and I don't know much about weekend dramas but i tend to think that the scandal is old enough to not affect the ratings. 

However, the cast isn't one i would stop for, if SHS wasn't involved. I really want to enjoy this project since she will be busy with it for the next 6 months but the bad image of PSH (which doesn’t seem to be connected only to his past) and the rumor about his possible bad acting influence my anticipation of the drama. I would normally relativize my concern since i never watched him in anything but reading casual viewers voicing a strong dislike of him don’t help. And I don’t like the idea either that his fandom is so big or so eager to protect him that it would go as far as pushing aside his co-stars. That makes him look like an idol more than a real actor.

But like you said, we'll know  once the show will start to air.      

To anyone else concerned by the ambiance of the forum:  this thread is made to allow people to express their opinions and feelings. I don’t feel like i went too far by expressing mine, no matter how unpopular and annoying it could be for some readers.    

seriously, i have the same views as you @titania1000 ! not wanting to sound negative here too like what @meechuttso had said, coz we all want the best for Hyesun's first lead drama. Regardless of the scandal or not, PSH's acting in his past dramas has never impressed me, nothing against him, but there are hoardes of actors who act way better than him. I must admit that I am ONE of those who will NOT watch this drama because of PSH, but Im going to watch it because of Hyesun. No choice, i should say. Because of his bad image, Im hoping it wont affect Hyesun, and i reallyy feel uncomfortable that his fans are fangirling over him like a god, and how some of them are saying they can see the best couple of 2017 already, how lucky SHS is to be able to act with their idol and how similar their idol are to Hyesun. Please, you can idolise your idol, but please dont compare him with Hyesun, goodness, Hyesun is nothing like PSH! And PSH should be the lucky one that Hye sun is willing to act opposite him instead.  and Im even hoping that Jianny ends up with anyone but PSH in this drama. And I agree this is a free forum for anyone to give their views. including those who are not PSH fans.

5 minutes ago, kdyes said:

Where did people read that SHS would be paired with PSH?  Many Soompi posts say this, but it looks like it it will be LTW, no?

He is the lead, its in every news outlet while LTW is the second lead. This Park Shi Hoo's comeback project. He was the first to sign the dotted lines, Shin Hye Sun boarded the ship way later.

"My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun x Lee TaeHwan, Fantasy-Stimulus 'Girl-Boy BFF'*****

2017081801001634600118981.jpg

From: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201708180100163460011898&servicedate=20170818

"My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun x Lee TaeHwan, Fantasy-Stimulus 'Girl-Boy BFF'*****

2017-08-18 08:23:51

***** See end footnote first

A scene that stirs up everyone's romantic imagination has been captured - Shin Hyesun + Lee TaeHwan's 'Girl-Boy BFF' chemistry. Enjoying a 'convenience store date' while using a problem consultation as an excuse, their appearance is fresh and lively.

KBS 2TV weekend drama MGL... released still shots on the 18th, of JiAn (Shin HyeSun) + Hyuk (Lee TaeHwan)'s BFF-acknowledging convenience store date scene.

'My Golden Life' ... to a dirt-spoon status escape wannabe '3-way nothing' woman, a fake life-changing opportunity 'cheat key' appears, her golden experience that unfolds as a result... cross-generational relateable story family drama.

Shin HyeSun ... no-money, no-back, no-luck, would gladly give her liver or gall-bladder... for full time employment.... As if by destiny ... clutches onto her chance to flip life around,... roller-coaster like experience to be told.

Lee TaeHwan in the drama, runs a a do-it-yourself interior shopping mall, is named SunWoo Hyuk [2-syllable last name, 1-syllable first name, unusual]. Outgoing and agreeable personality, attractive Hyuk, from high school days one-sided crush only JiAn, single-minded faithful guy. A dark-knight by Seo JiAn's side for over 10 years, will showcase his 'man person friend' charm.

The still shots published against this backdrop ... beer-in-hand sweet conversation portrait of JiAn-Hyuk's. This most romantic not-another-like-it 'girl-boy BFF' chemistry fantasy that anyone could surely have indulged in at least once is rousing our boundless imagination and envy.

This look of JiAn asking Hyuk for 1-on-1 advice, regarding Choi DoKyung (Park SiHoo) and her unforeseen car accident, dilemmas at the office, this is the look of JiAn seeking advice from Hyuk each time.

JiAn's expression full of concern clearly written over her face making us curious what is making her confounded. On the other hand, Hyuk, not wanting to miss a single word of JiAn's in rapt attention, and yet unable to hide that uncontrollable rising smirk on his face.

In particular Hyuk's gaze (burning a hole in her face) betraying his overflowing fondness toward his BFF captivates our eyes. To the 'woman person friend' JiAn, whether 'man person friend' Hyuk's feelings are surpassing that of mere friendship, their relationship making us curious.

MGL crew said, "the staff watching Shin HyeSun-Lee TaeHwan's awkward-free, natural BFF chemistry all agreed, 'it would be so nice to have a girl-boy BFF friendship like that', and that their expectations of this couple's 'honey-drip-collab' was met. And looking forward to how these two's BFF relationship story will continue, please anticipate," they relayed.

Airs after 'Father is Strange'... Sept 2nd (Saturday) 7:55pm KST.

supremez@sportschosun.com

***** 'Girl-Boy Best-Friend-Forever' is my interpretation of short form of these literal Korean words 'woman person friend - man person friend', which connotes difference from girlfriend-boyfriend, but not the lack of romance emphasis of a 'not-woman friend - not-man friend' (as in you are not a man to me, just a friend who is male, and vice versa). The phrase 'Girl-Boy BFF' is meant to emphasize the possibility at any given moment of it mysteriously morphing into a romantic relationship, kind of like in 'Fight My Way'?

Sorry for duplicate post of same pic. This longish article made my fingers and toes curl up, so I translated it to see if you agree? As with all @meechuttso translations, you get the full gory detailed nuances of these lonely Korean staff writers with too much time on their hand. B) Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for. :wub: Not that I'm complaining.:phew:

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for.

https://twitter.com/MakeMe5urprise/status/898526959327629312https://twitter.com/MakeMe5urprise/status/898526959327629312

Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for.

I take that back. In this case the write does not need any imagination.

Hyuk's gaze (burning a hole in her face) betraying his overflowing fondness toward his BFF captivates our eyes.

She is 100% correct. Captivates is too weak a word.

Archived