[Drama 2017-2018] Bad Guys: City of Evil 나쁜 녀석들: 악의 도시

Go Seung Ji

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

@meelis Thank you for the update. Wow they look so good...I can't wait for this. This should air after Black is over right ?

Yes, premiere on 9 December.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jongski said:

Fiinally! Ji Soo! I see you! Thanks you OCN for teaser with Ji Soo! and Joo Jin Mo :)

He looks rugged and aged. Ha ha But I like.. thanks much @meelis for the update.  How about Kim Moo Yul?

Indeed, I like him much more like that in fact.:) (BTW, this is also because, as JJM explained himself, there is no make up, no grooming, no hairdressing, nothing. They just go to the set and start shooting as per his words.)

I suppose the other bad guys' teasers will be out next week. But in the link I gave above you can see more photos of KMY, poor guy looks constantly distressed.:D 

OMG! I check  the Naver link.  Kim Moo Yul tho! The 3 still cuts of him ❤️️❤️️❤️️. My day is complete!

Edit to add below:

I hope this  drama has good story to thrill us. I like that mystery and thrill and good action drama. I do have a question. Is this like sequel? Like season 2.  This of course has totally different story from the first one, right?

20 hours ago, jongski said:

Edit to add below:

I hope this  drama has good story to thrill us. I like that mystery and thrill and good action drama. I do have a question. Is this like sequel? Like season 2.  This of course has totally different story from the first one, right?

Honestly, idk.. but all actors praise the script and direction to the moon and back, so let's hope it's worth it.

It's not a sequel, but a spinoff, so I think it won't have any connection whatsoever with Bad Guys. Different story with different characters. Same or at least similar premise (bad guys unite to catch even worse guys :))

On 14.10.2017 at 1:17 PM, triplem said:

Surprised too. But am ok with that. I'd rather no female thAn one where she's reduced to the role of an accessory, if you know what I mean. Actually in the first one, i was slightly annoyed by the female cop.

I am OK with it too but I am still sad that they don`t write strong characters for women. For this drama, the guys are the protagonists. If there will be any sight of a woman, she will be a supporting cast.

3 hours ago, meelis said:

BTW, this is also because, as JJM explained himself, there is no make up, no grooming, no hairdressing, nothing. They just go to the set and start shooting as per his words.)

It is quite interesting and I think it works in this drama. Lot of raw emotions, lot of action.

October 20 2017

Character teaser trailers for OCN drama series “Bad Guys 2”

Bad_Guys_2-characterteaser222.jpg

Character teaser trailers for OCN drama series “Bad Guys 2.” The character teaser trailers are of Joo Jin-Mo as Heo Il-Hoo and Ji Soo as Han Gang-Joo. Heo Il-Hoo is a former organized crime group member, but now runs a small eatery at a traditional market. Han Gang-Joo receives money for going to prison for other people.

“Bad Guys 2” first airs December, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/character-teaser-trailers-for-ocn-drama-series-bad-guys-2

These Bad Guys I am just so excited for this.  I need high octane thriller action drama!! The prosecutor in the middle! Kim Moo Yul! But I want Kim Moo Yul!  I need to see more of him and more teasers and his excellent acting. :wub:

DMk5zDUXUAI9ucr.jpg

sc ctto

And more Ji Soo! ❤️️❤️️

He's gonna bad dude! Hope to see impressive actingh.  He was terrific during his breakout role in Angry Mom

Haha me too, girls, I watched the two cuts countless times since yesterday, with headphones on max, both the sound and visuals are top notch. Kudos to the young director who was in charge with the teasers, he did a great job. 

@triplem, @stroppyse I'm not a fan of Jisoo, for the simple reason that I haven't watched him in anything, but he looks every inch a bad guy here, nothing like the photos of him I've seen before, so I'm looking forward to his performance.

As to JJM, whatever bad guys are made of, he just got it, I'm so happy he took this drama after doing too many melo stuff lately.

@jongski  Kim Moo Yul.. I like him too and his acting, but out of all of them, I can't picture him going really bada.. , he's kinda beta, no? But there has to be such character anyway (something like a combination of PHJ's and female detective characters in BG1?) But maybe I'm not right, let's wait and see. 

@larus, exactly, raw is the word, I think they're going for an extreme realism and it perfectly matches the concept (I don't remember well, but I think it was similar in BG1?). 

Anyway, looking forward to the next batch of teasers. :)

@meelis  from what I know, KMY plays a prosecutor- which we knows supposed to be the Kang Ha Neul (but he had to do this MS) so he's always dress in suite and tie and  yeah.. always stressed. But I like it! I love it! In his previous drama, his character was a banker so he was always in suite and tie and dress in formal... but he rode a bike there..

And Ji Soo... I've only seen him in two dramas..  the last 4 dramas that he was part of (Sassy Go Go,  Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart,  Doctors, Do Bong Soon) I've not watch any of these dramas.  I did watch 3 Eps of Doctors but drop it.

JJM. I must have mentioned it before here, but  I always remember him as suave partner of Lee Bo Young/- forgot the title of the drama. 

I don't know the other two main actors though.  But they all look tough and like you said these Bad Guys ready to up the ante.

Waiting for OCN  teaser Kim Moo Yu and more still cuts. He's amazing. He's got that built  that presence, that acting!

Trivia: KMY last drama with OCN 2 years ago- My Beautiful Bride. He played a banker who is searching for his bride, chasing after the bad guys. His up coming drama 2 years after. Same network OCN. From banker, to a prosecutor. His characters always apt for him. ✓ 

1%EB%B6%80_MYS09344_-_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC

Credit: naver.com

Joo Jin-mo and Ji-soo tap into their dark side for Bad Guys: City of Evil

by tipsymocha

badguys2-teaser102313.jpg

I’ve been looking forward to seeing Ji-soo take on this antihero sort of role ever since his casting news came out, so I’m ecstatic to finally see him in character for the OCN spinoff Bad Guys: City of Evil. To be honest, it took me a few seconds to realize that it was actually him in the teaser, so props to both the directing and his acting for transforming so drastically, especially after his last drama role in Strong Woman Do Bong-soon. A character teaser has also been released for Joo Jin-mo (Woman With a Suitcase), who is chillingly convincing as a “reformed” ex-con, though the body count in this clip might indicate otherwise.

It’ll be interesting to see what motivates Joo Jin-mo to join the titular “bad guys,” since he isn’t incarcerated at the beginning of the drama. Instead, he’s hidden his shady past as a former mobster, and runs a small restaurant in a local market. Though, if his character is any indication, his past might catch up to him: Intercut with snippets of him lopping off a fish’s head are the downed, bloody bodies strewn about in his restaurant. Is it just me, or are those noises of him hacking at the fish super unsettling?

bg_coe15.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/joo-jin-mo-and-ji-soo-tap-into-their-dark-side-for-bad-guys-city-of-evil/

Untitled-1.jpg?type=w2

According to these posters:

Joo Jinmo is "힘" = Force = Ma Dongseok in S1

Yang Ikjune is "깡" = Bold/Strong = None in S1 (A new character)

Kim Muyeol is "지능" = Intellect = Park Haejin inS1

Jisoo is "기술" = Techniques = Jo Donghyuk in S1 

Of course this is a spin-off so all the characters have nothing to do with S1. CP said it would have some Squad 38 and Bad Guys 1 feels. 

Looking at their characters' descriptions none are legit criminals. Joo Jinmo is an ex-mob who wants to try living peacefully as a restaurant owner, Yang Ikjune is (barbaric) detective, Kim Muyeol is a rookie prosecutor which will unwillingly ends up in a special section and Jisoo will play an ex-convict. 

Also it seems Park Joonghoon (a crazy prosecutor) will make up a team to catch a powerful entrepreneur to do that he will team up "with 1, 2... bad guys". I don't know for you but the order of teasers' release might be a hint. PJH's character will team up with a detective (Yang Ikjune) and rookie prosecutor (Kim Muyeol) first. And then (because not powerful enough?) he will add gangster(-ish) men... Joo Jinmo + Jisoo. 

That said, I believe Kim Muyeol and Yang Ikjune's teasers will be out this friday. It seems they love that day to drop teasers. Hah. And maybe Park Joonghoon's too we never know. Eitherway, I'm amazed at the tidbits we have gotten so far, more raw less fanservice-ish than S1 (which already wasn't that fanservice-ish to begin with too.) But I love the fact they wanted to go all the way on the bad guys feel like it was said above no make-up nor styling, out-of-date clothes (no trendy sponsors *phew*) 

I believe this season of Bad Guys will stay true to its genre and I'm glad the team decided to go all the way. 

@meelis Ha ha lets Hype it up more!  The drama itself.  We're anticipating!  It's not just Kim Moo Yul. It's Joo Jin Moo. Ji Soo and the two other main leads. I'm just not familiar with both. But  the 3 I've mentioned.... I'm excited.

But oh my goodness Kim Moo Yul..  I can't help it. Here is just sample of him from his last drama ( my 2015 fav). A+ acting! daebak action scenes. #hyping

Spoiler

workout routine scene. I drool.

pics ctto

CMeV3JLUcAAWq7O.jpg

CMmXqubVAAAEibf.png

Cw98XrUUkAEVE2D.jpg

2 hours ago, alda-juli said:

That said, I believe Kim Muyeol and Yang Ikjune's teasers will be out this friday. It seems they love that day to drop teasers. Hah. And maybe Park Joonghoon's too we never know. Eitherway, I'm amazed at the tidbits we have gotten so far, more raw less fanservice-ish than S1 (which already wasn't that fanservice-ish to begin with too.) But I love the fact they wanted to go all the way on the bad guys feel like it was said above no make-up nor styling, out-of-date clothes (no trendy sponsors *phew*) 

I believe this season of Bad Guys will stay true to its genre and I'm glad the team decided to go all the way. 

Yep. Just rawness of it all. The whole drama and how teasers and still cuts presented. Actors devoid of vanities. It goes well with the genre and the story.  Again still wondering if there will be a female cast, and we'll be surprised. Could be a sister. Drama need good script, good story, and over all good production.  Thanks for the heads up. Thanks in advance @larus@meelis I know it will be posted as soon as it's out.

OT: How about Missing Noir S2? Voice 2? Kim Kang Woo <3

Archived