Drama: Hospital Ship (literal title)

Revised romanization: Byungwonsun

Hangul: 병원선

Director: Park Jae-Bum

Writer: Yoon Sun-Joo

Network: MBC

Episode: 20 

Release Date: 30 August 2017

Runtime: Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00 KST (30 August 2017 - 2 November 2017)

Language: Korean

Filming Location: Geoje City Attraction (Geoje Stadium, Geoje National Sports Center, Sadeung Stadium)

Shooting Period: July - November

Production: Pan Entertainment ( Winter Sonata, The Moon Embrace The Sun)

Spoiler

Director Park Jae-bum is known for his hit drama Missing You (2012) and Scandal: A Shocking and Wrongful Incident (2013).[6] Its screenwriter is known for her hit historical dramas Hwang Jini (2006) and Secret Door(2014).[7]

PLOT:

Drama series depicts the story of young doctors who provide medical service to island residents via a hospital ship.

CAST:

Ha Ji-Won - Song Eun-Jae

Kang Min-Hyuk - Kwak Hyun

Lee Seo-Won - Kim Jae-Gul

Wang Ji-Won - Choi Young-Eun

Kim In-Sik - Cha Joon-Young

Min A - Yoo A-Rim

Kim Kwang-Kyu - Choo Won-Gong

Jung Kyung-Soon - Pyo Go-Eun

Lee Han-Wi - Bang Sung-Woo

Song Ji-Ho - Kang Jung-Ho

ADDITIONAL CAST MEMBERS:

Cha Hwa-Yeon - Oh Hye-Jung

Kim Sun-Young - Oh Mi-Jung

Jung In-Gi - Kwak Sung

Nam Gi-Ae - Lee Soo-Kyung

Jung Won-Joong - Kim Soo-Gwon

Park Jun-Keum - Han Hee-Sook

Wang Ji-Won - Choi Young-Eun

Jeon No-Min - Kim Do-Hoon

Park Tae-Sung - Kang Yong-Soo

Jo Ah-Ra - Yang Ji-Young

Woo Sang-Jeon - Woo-Jin's grandfather

Baek Soo-Ryun - Park O-Wol

Jo Hyun-Jae - Jang Sung-Ho (cameo)

Jeong Dong-Hwan - Sung-Ho's father (cameo)

Park Sun-Ho - Kim Jae-Hwa (cameo)

Cho Seong-Ha - Song Jae-Joon (cameo)

Lee Min-Ho - Song Woo-Jae (cameo)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION:

IMG_59533fe0a.jpg

Spoiler

9C3DEA4C-8CD6-4E1A-9F8F-79D6B1E55CE2-223
19785AAC-279C-4F51-BAAB-66173D81284D-223
A1CC18DF-7232-46CE-9FAE-2076C875117B-223

Credit to aliceinjiwonderland1023

NOTES:

Drama series will takeover the MBC Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Man Who Dies to Live.

OFFICIAL POSTER: 
IMG_59571af9d.jpg

MAIN CHARACTER POSTER:

Spoiler

IMG_59543141a.jpg

IMG_595561038.jpg

IMG_5956c5e44.jpg

TEASER:

First teaser

Highlight Teaser

SOUNDTRACK HOSPITAL SHIP:

BEHIND THE SCENES (PHOTOS):

OFFICIAL BTS PHOTO 1

OFFICIAL BTS PHOTO 2

BEHIND THE SCENES (VIDEO):

READING SCRIPT PHOTOS AND VIDEO:

Spoiler

IMG_4956.jpg

Source Link:

AsianWiki

Wikipedia

PLEASE READ SOOMPI RULES:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS'

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot / activities is considered spamming. 

Don't quote videos/images.

Do not post successively except for live blogging on drama's airtime.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Dramafever) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANOTHER SOURCE ARTICLE:

SPORT DONGA

google translate article:

[Independence] Kang Minhyuk, 'Hospital ship' casting the main character ... Hajwon and breathing

The outline of the next work of CNV Blue Kang Minhyuk was revealed. It is that MBC new tree drama 'Hospitals line' (play Yoon Sun Joo is directed).

Kang Min-hyeok was recently cast by Kwak Hyeon-hyun, the male protagonist of the hospital ship, according to a number of broadcasting officials. We have meetings with the crew to coordinate details.

'Hospital ship' is a medical drama about a vessel that provides medical services around an island village. It is attracting attention as a human drama that will lead to the growth of young physicians and generational empathy. Yoon Sun-ju writer who writes 'Great King Sejong', 'Korean peninsula', and 'secret door' will play a play, and Park Jae-bum PD such as 'start again' take charge of each directing.

In addition, Ha Ji Won is getting ready to return to her home in the heroine. Kang Min Hyuk and Ha Ji Won are expected to make their first breaths through this work.

Kwak Hyun Kwon, who will be in charge of the play, is a physician who has a heart warmer than anything warm and warm. He is a stout but hard-hearted person who has excellent empathy, even if he does not even say it. Kang Min-hyeok will transform himself into a sensation and emit a new attraction.

Meanwhile, 'Hospitals' was scheduled to be produced for the first broadcast in July, but after the composition is pushed, the master of 'masters - masters' follows 'the man who lives to die'.

hmm the comments looks pretty bad from knets :unsure:

--
(NAVER) Kang Minhyuk confirmed as Ha Ji Won's male lead in medical drama 'Hospital Ship'

2it8vyc.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-06-14%2Bat%2B4.48.1

Sports Dong A via Naver: [Exclusive] Kang Minhyuk cast as male lead in 'Hospital Ship' opposite Ha Ji Won 

'Hospital Ship' is a medical drama about a ship that sails around an island to provide medical care for the locals. It's about the growth of young doctors and their stories that reflect today's generation. Writer Yoon Sun Joo (King Sejong the Great, Secret Door) will be writing the script and Park Jae Bum PD is directing. Kang Minhyuk is cast for the role of physician Kwak Hyuk. Hospital Ship is expected to premiere in July on MBC's Wed-Thurs following 'Man Who Dies to Live'.

1. [+2,101, -122] Not even for supporting role but male lead?? And happens to be opposite Ha Ji Won??? Wow... another big stain on Ha Ji Won's drama career

2. [+1,629, -47] Kang Minhyuk is Ha Ji Won's leading man? ???????????????????????????????????????????

3. [+1,322, -49]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ha Ji Won's male lead is Kang Minhyuk? They probably meant secondary lead

4. [+1,048, -90] Ha Ji Won's losing her touch lately

5. [+679, -41]???????ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+282, -8] Is MBC casting with their eyes closed? I totally freaked out when they cast Uee and Lee Seo Jin together, are you kidding me with Kang Minhyuk and Ha Ji Won? If you're having a hard time balancing their pay, why not just cast rookies

7. [+262, -11] Like an aunt and her nephew ㅋㅋㅋ They don't match. As long as it's not a love story

8. [+229, -11] Kang Minhyuk looks like a high school student, who thought it's a good idea to make him play a doctor? ㅋㅋㅋ Not to mention, as Ha Ji Won's love interest? A love story between an aunt and nephew? tsk tsk

9. [+187, -10] Ha Ji Won looks young for her age but there's a big age gap with Kang Minhyuk.. I'd rather they cast Lee Seo Jin or someone with similar age

10. [+195, -18] Hul.. Worst of Ha Ji Won's male lead. From Hyun Bin and Jo In Sung to Kang Minhyuk. Is this for real?

cr

for me its a big surprise for sure...

i am the big fans of Hajiwon and Kang Minhyuk...even when this news spread i've got many notif from my friends about this...they know very well how much i love them both...even they share the same date birthday...and as personal they have many similar personality...

its bad like people looking down with the pair...

i still feel it can be a good pair...well i hope im on my objective eyes...for honest...hard for not exciting while my TOP biases is paired...

HJW is known for her best to create great chemistry...even she can build good chemistry with Kim Myungsoo at her last drama...its just a view episodes so we can say they didnt have much time to bond...but they look good on screen...i like her with KMS more than with the real lead male...as i know KMS is younger than KMH...

HJW is so young...we can see her as a young lady despite her real age...no one can notice that she is on her late 30...

And why people always said KMH look like a little boy...it can be true if we talk about him 6 years ago...

its different right now...he look more mature lately...since he build his muscle and change his style...he completely look more mature...

his personality is bright but its his real personality...fortunaletly our HJ has the same personality...if he can play the mature role in good way...it can be good with his outlook...

and i believe he can do the role...he really good as actor...even in my eyes his better than Yonghwa...we can see it at entertainer...his late drama...

his role was full of emotion there...and he did a great acting to fulfill that role...this drama was good...and even i love it...just the cast not really worked...since no one can enjoy the lead pair of that drama...

maybe im to obvious that i try to stand for them...but i believe with them it can be a good pair...

CNBLUE's Kang Min Hyuk Confirmed To Star Alongside Ha Ji Won In New Medical Drama

uing

CNBLUE member Kang Min Hyuk will be appearing in MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Hospital Ship” (literal title) with Ha Ji Won, who was previously confirmed as the female lead.

A source from Kang Min Hyuk’s agency FNC Entertainment stated, “[Kang Min Hyuk] has decided to star in . We are currently coordinating the details.”

“Hospital Ship” is a medical drama about a ship that provides medical services to island villages. It is expected be a touching story that follows the young doctors as they grow. It will be directed by PD Park Jae Bum of “Start Again” and written by screenwriter Yoon Sun Joo of “Secret Door.”

Kang Min Hyuk will take on the role of Kwak Hyun, a physician with warm hands, warm eyes, and most importantly, a warm heart. He is considerate, but not naïve, and capable of empathizing with others.

Meanwhile, “Hospital Ship” was originally scheduled to begin airing in July, but it has been changed to air in August after “The Man Who Must Die To Live” (literal title), the follow-up to “Ruler – Master of the Mask.”

Source (1) (2)

soompi

Kang Min-hyuk to star opposite Ha Ji-won in MBC’s Hospital Ship

by girlfriday

HaJiWon_KangMinHyuk1.jpg

MBC’s upcoming medical drama Hospital Ship has found its leads in Ha Ji-won (The Time I’ve Loved You) and CN Blue’s Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer), who are in final negotiations to headline. Ha Ji-won was attached to the project early on while the search was a bit longer to find her leading man; an offer went out to Choi Jin-hyuk, but he ended up declining. It seems like a big jump in age and image for the hero to go from Choi Jin-hyuk to Kang Min-hyuk, especially since they were co-stars in Heirs where Choi Jin-hyuk played the older brother and Kang Min-hyuk was one of the high school kids. But I suppose now they could age the character down to be more of the puppy rookie doctor? I would believe that.

The warm human drama is about a medical ship that travels around to service tiny rural islands where there are no hospitals, and will focus on the growth of the young doctors who work there. Ha Ji-won has been cast to play a surgeon who boards the ship to run away from her life after her family faces public ruin. Kang Min-hyuk will play a doctor of internal medicine with a warm heart and a particularly strong sense of empathy—he’s able to read how others feel before they tell him, and knows how to comfort them.

I generally like Kang Min-hyuk and have liked his previous characters, though that’s when he’s usually playing idols or students, which fits with the image I have of him in my head. I wonder how he’ll do as an adult in a leading role, and whether this drama intends to have a noona romance between the leads. I can see him pulling off romance—heck, I rooted for him and Hyeri in Entertainer—but the show will have to do some convincing if he’s going to play a doctor who’s not still an intern.

Hospital Ship will be directed by PD Park Jae-bum of daily drama Begin Againand legal drama A New Leaf, and written by Yoon Seon-joo of Secret Door and Hwang Jin-yi. It’s scheduled to air on Wednesdays and Thursdays in August following Man Who Dies to Live, which comes after Ruler–Master of the Mask.

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/kang-min-hyuk....hospital-ship/

According to HJWdc the supporting cast for Hospital ship is already settled :

Image resultImage resultRelated imageRelated image

Kim Eung Soo                       Kim Gwang Gyu                  Jung Kyug Soon                               Oh Yun Hong

and Yang Choon Ho, Kim Sun Young, 

and Lee Seo Won joined Hospital ship as a oriental doctor.20170623103900858ovhg.jpg

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170623103901146

MBC’s Hospital Ship gets another doctor in Lee Seo-won

by tipsymocha

leeseowon-hospitalship.jpg

We’ve got another doctor onboard MBC’s Hospital Ship, the upcoming medical drama featuring a group of doctors who travel by boat to remote islands to treat the inhabitants who don’t otherwise have access to medical services. Lee Seo-won (The Liar and His Lover) is in final negotiations to join the cast as a doctor of oriental medicine, which should provide an interesting dynamic with leads Ha Ji-won (The Time I’ve Loved You) and CN Blue’s Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer), who are a surgeon and a doctor of internal medicine, respectively.

Lee Seo-won is relatively new to the industry, with three drama credits to his name: He debuted in a bit part in JTBC’s Awl, was Suzy’s younger brother in Uncontrollably Fond, and most recently played a composer/bassist in The Liar and His Lover. I dropped Uncontrollably Fondearly on, and The Liar and His Loveris on my to-watch list, so I’m not very familiar with him as an actor, but I’ve heard good things about his performance as the troubled bassist in the tvN youth drama and I look forward to seeing him in what sounds like a warm medical show with a focus on the relationships between doctors and patients.

The recent casting additions for Hospital Ship are skewing quite young, and I have to admit, I am slightly dubious of Lee Seo-won (who’s 20 years old) playing a doctor, because it could easily look like a kid in his dad’s doctor coat. But maybe Kang Min-hyuk’s role as a fellow doc will help, because two baby-faced doctors cancel out each other’s suspension of disbelief, right? Wait, is that not how math works? 

MBC’s Hospital Ship will air in the Wednesday-Thursday slot starting in August, after Ruler—Master of the Mask and Man Who Dies to Live finish their runs. 

Via Maeil KyungjaeTV Report

cr dramabeans

Actress Wang Ji Won will join MBC drama Hospital Ship. Acording OSEN, she will play the role of Choi Young-eun, the exgirlfriend of the protagonist played by Kang Min Hyuk. She left him for an unknown reason and she went to New York to study painting and now she will return to him. (probably she still has feelings for him). (Google translate) Hope for a better translation. 

201706291749771333_5954bf7a716d1.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110677489

July 4 2017

Lee Seo-Won cast in MBC drama series “Hospital Ship”

Hospital_Ship-MSC111.jpg

Lee Seo-Won is cast in upcoming MBC drama series “Hospital Ship” starring Ha Ji-Won & Kang Min-Hyuk (‘CNBLUE’). Lee Seo-Won will play secondary lead male character Kim Jae-Gul. He works as an oriental doctor, has good appearance and comes from a family of doctors. But, when he was a child, his family often compared him to his older brother who was smarter than him and he had conflicts with his father. To anger his father, Kim Jae-Gul chose to become an oriental doctor. Now, he boards the hospital ship and faces Song Eun-Jae (Ha Ji-Won). She insists that oriental medicine is unscientific.

“Hospital Ship” first airs August, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-seo-won-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-hospital-ship

Kang Minh yuk's character is 'Kwak Hyun'. He is a physician with a warm soul. It was dispatched to the island village as a public service. In the inside, the trauma that can not be said is hidden.

Ha Ji Won appears as a talented surgeon, 'Song Eun Jae', who came to the island a cool elite with no blood or tears. Kang Min hyuk is the opposite character.

Actor Lee Soo-won  transforms into 'Kim Jae-geul'. A man who was born in a historic doctor's house and became a doctor. It is planned to establish a consensus with Song Eun-jae (Ha-won) who does not believe in Oriental medicine.

The crew of the hospital ship said, "Song Eun-jae, Kwak Hyun, and Kim Jae-gul are drama that communicate with and communicate with the people of the island," and said, "I hope these stories become a place of empathy.

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/801462

I hope this drama will be a good one !!! I wonder if they have started the filming ??? ...and what about their first script reading ?? I'm afraid that they will be a little "cramped" and very busy :wink: I just hope that this delay don't affect the drama quality 

Ha Ji-won, Kang Min-hyuk and Lee Seo-won's first script reading for "Hospital Ship"

The script reading for the new MBC drama "Hospital Ship" was held on the 6th of July. Director Park Jae-beom-II, writer Yoon Seon-joo and actors Ha Ji-won, Kang Min-hyuk, Lee Seo-won, Kim In-sik, Kwon Min-ah, Kim Kwang-gyoo, Jeong Kyeong-soon and Lee Han-wi participated on this day.

Prior to the script reading, director Park made a speech. As soon as the script reading started, all the actors who were chit-chatting with each other turned serious and got to action.

Ha Ji-won takes on the role of Song Eun-jae and this is her first doctor's role. However, she was so good at reading her lines that it was hard to believe it was her first time. Kang Min-hyuk takes on the role of Kwak Hyeon, a warm hearted doctor while Lee Seo-won is a Kim Jae-geol, a Korean medicine doctor.

The three of them make a team and support each other as they struggle to save lives.

Kim In-sik takes on the role of dentist Cha Joon-yeong, Kwon Min-ah a nurse named Yoo Ah-rim, Kim Kwang-gyoo is Choo Won-gong, the hospital manager, Jeong Kyeong-soon is a veteran nurse named Pyo Go-eun and Lee Han-wi is the captain of the hospital ship named Bang Seong-woo.

"Hospital Ship" is a drama about a team of doctors communicating with island people who lack medical help and doing the best they can.

http://www.hancinema.net/ha-ji-won-kang-min-hyuk-and-lee-seo-won-s-first-script-reading-for-hospital-ship-107750.html

Archived