• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JYJ FB Update

Oh hello #BongPil facebook.com/CJESJYJ/posts/

DDNvBlnU0AAWqtj.jpg

DDNvBlmVwAAztHC.jpg

bethe1 updates @bethe1updates

[NEWS] 170626 B1A4′s Baro joins the cast of upcoming KBS drama 'Manhole' in a leading role.

170625 B1A4 Baro has confirmed to join Uee and Jaejoong in the new KBS drama Manhole
DDNo7wDXkAEB8Y1.jpg

DDNo7v9W0AESLAI.jpg

Baro joins Jaejoong and UEE in the cast of 'Manhole' allkpop.com/article/2017/0

DDNUWuyUMAATqYD.jpg

Baro has been cast in the Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Manhole'.

He'll be playing Jo Seok Tae, Jaejoong's character's friend who Jaejoong sees as more of a servant. As he's reported to be a main character, it's likely that his character, UEE's character, and Jaejoong's character will have a love triangle.

UEE and Jaejoong have been announced as the leads of the drama. It revolves around a man who goes back in time to stop a marriage. Jaejoong is playing the role of Bong Pil, an unemployed man who's been studying for the civil servant exam for three years, while UEE is playing his love interest, Kang Su Jin.

The drama will start airing in August.
allkpop

Kim Jaejoong of JYJ and UEE of After School confirmed leads in time slip K-drama

The two K-pop idol actors lead the main cast of the upcoming series on KBS.

Curated by Caroline Diana
Published on:
25 June 2017
Korean actors Kim Jaejoong and Uee.[Image via C-JeS Entertainment and Pledis Entertainment]
Korean actors Kim Jaejoong and Uee.[Image via C-JeS Entertainment and Pledis Entertainment]

One of the most popular concepts often used in K-dramas is the time slip. Though it was used numerous times throughout Hallyu such as in "Rooftop Prince," "Nine: Nine Time Travels," "God's Gift - 14 Days," "Time Slip Dr. Jin," and the phenomenal "My Love From Another Star," it seems it really took off over the past couple of years.
Since 2015, there have been plenty of popular time slip K-dramas that aired included the phenomenal "Goblin" and most recently "Tunnel." Now the next hyped time slip K-drama now has its main cast: Kim Jaejoong and #Uee.

KBS reveals the K-pop idol actors to be the main leads

The Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) confirmed that Kim Jaejoong and Uee have both been cast as the leads in their upcoming K-drama.
The tentative or working title is "Manhole" and it is a comedy about a man who goes back in time to stop a marriage from happening in the present.
Kim Jaejoong will play Bong Pil, student studying for the civil servant exam for three years. He is taking his time with the test and doesn't feel the need to "grow up" thus making him the token unemployed person in the neighborhood. This in turn makes him the "disgrace" of his family as he depends heavily on his father who is a postmaster. Uee will play Kang Su Jin, someone who knows Bong Pil but has built a wall between herself and him. The closer she gets to getting married, the more unsure she feels as she see's Pil's love for her differently.

"Manhole" a recipe for success with seasoned K-pop idol actors and popular K-drama concept?

It is possible that KBS possibly has a hit K-drama with "Manhole." It has previously been explained that the time slip concept is very popular now.
However, the fact that the main lead characters are played by K-pop idol actors must be stressed. Over the course of Hallyu, many Korean television networks have cast K-pop idols in hopes of attracting attention. Their popularity often bring in scores of viewers who idolize them in their respective K-pop acts.
The only issue with K-pop idols being given main lead parts are the fact most of them are terrible at acting. Pertaining to "Manhole," it looks like KBS is negating this general fact with Kim Jaejoong and Uee. Jaejoong is a seasoned actor in both K-dramas and K-movies and even had a prominent role in a past time slip K-drama, "Time Slip Dr. Jin." Uee is recognized as one of the best K-pop idol actors in which she actually is believable when she does act. This is best seen in "Marriage Contract" in which she won numerous awards for her lead role as Kang Hye Soo.

Ultimately, KBS wants to continue their success with the Wednesday and Thursday time slot at 9:55 p.m. KST. Right now, "Queen for Seven Days" is airing on it, but the two K-dramas before it, "Chief Kim" and "Queen of Mystery," have both enjoyed high viewership. "Manhole" will air after "Queen for Seven Days" concludes. #KDramas #KimJaejoong

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 6/19- 6/25/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/06/jyj-news-week-of-619-6252017.html?spref=tw

Kim Jaejoong has been appointed as Honorary Ambassador for Paradise City, Korea...

Some of his events will be supported/sponsored by the Korea Tourism Organization... I would not be surprised if there will be some 'filming' in Paradise City for our Bong Pil.

Honorary Ambassador Kim Jaejoong

CBC뉴스

DDKHi_kU0AQtuBr.jpg

[Topstar] Kim Jaejoong 'Looks like a scuplture'
Kim Jaejoong 'I'm nervous to say my speech'
via rubypurple_fan

DDKKAejUwAAFLIK.jpg

DDLD3vGUMAAxm5I.jpg

DDOwwUwV0AAZEjr.jpg

[News] JJ received a plaque of appreciation from Korea Tourism organization for his efforts to promote JP-KR friendship and Korea tourism

[News] The FM was organized to overcome the tourism crisis in South Korea due to the North Korea nuclear issuue.
[News] 511 Japanese fans attended the event. It is JJ's first FM for overseas fans since he was discharged last December.

via rubypurple_fan

DDKbKJ-VwAAuykl.jpg

[newscj] Kim Jaejoong receives plaque of appreciation from Korea Tourism Organization
via rubypurple_fan

DDKRwOhXUAATLpl.jpg

DDKXqjvUAAA7x4K.jpg

pics as tagged

More pics and vids here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 6/19- 6/25/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/06/jyj-news-week-of-619-6252017.html?spref=tw

This is Ambassador JJ #Jaejoong in #ParadiseCity instagram.com/p/BVzQImuAUvy/

DDQOMQrUwAIfkZE.jpg

DDQOMQsUQAAF8oH.jpg

DDPa3hGXkAEFefj.jpg

DDQOMQrVYAIC2_U.jpg

DDQOMQzUwAECWyn.jpg

[Other IG] Please look forward to various future collaborations between Hallyu Star #김재중 the PR Ambassador & Paradise City
via crystalmoon0213

On June 25th, the appointment ceremony of Jaejoong Kim, a global K-POP phenomenon, as the new ambassador was held at Paradise City.
We will be bringing you all the exciting insights of Jaejoong Kim’s activities as the ambassador of Paradise City so make sure you stay tuned for more!
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standingImage may contain: 1 person, standing and suitImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standingImage may contain: 2 people, crowd

Baro up for Jaejoong and UEE’s time-slip rom-com Manhole

by tineybeanie

baros1.jpg

B1A4’s Baro is considering his first drama comeback since Angry Mom where he played a rebellious bully two years ago. He’s been offered a role in JYJ Jaejoong’s (Spy) upcoming KBS drama Manhole.

It’s a fantasy comedy about an unemployed unlucky and lazy bum who accidentally falls into a street manhole and discovers it’s a time-slip portal into the past. The drama is all about him traveling back and forth through time using the manhole to prevent a wedding that’s supposed to happen a week in the future. Jaejoong has already been confirmed in the lead role, and UEE (Night Light) will be playing the object of his one-sided crush, his best female friend who’s about to get married.

Baro’s character, Jo Seok-taek, thinks he’s good friends with Jaejoong, but Jaejoong only thinks of him as a sidekick. They have a weird history, because when they were younger, Baro confessed to a girl that Jaejoong liked, and was beaten in the middle of the night for it. And Baro character is the type of person who is timid but holds a grudge for a long time.

So I don’t know quite why he thinks they’re still friends, but he does end up presenting a significant obstacle in Jaejoong’s life, especially with his tendency to be aggressively straightforward in his love life. Hopefully his character will get the same kind of turnaround that his bully in Angry Momgot, so that he can graduate from sidekick to friend.

Wednesday-Thursday time adventure rom-com Manhole will air in August, after the end of Seven Day Queen.

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/baro-up-for-jaejoong-and-uees-time-slip-rom-com-manhole/

Manhole cast..

▲'맨홀' 김재중, 유이, 정혜성, 바로(출처=비즈엔터)

Jung Hye Seong joined cast of KBS Manhole
[CASTING] #FNC Actress #JungHyeSung joined as the friend that grew up together with the leads.

HyeSung plays (UEE) SuJin's best friend Oh JinSuk who is aware of Bong Pil's love for Sujin.

DDSD9LYUQAEhQZz.jpg

[Funfacts] #Manhole will be #JungHyeSung ''s 3rd #KBS drama in a row after MoonlightDrawnbyClouds & #ChiefKim  
@Manhole_KBS

DDSYrCSVYAA7fx6.jpg

DDSYribUMAAzLUx.jpg

[Funfacts] #B1A4 #Baro last drama was KBS Master: God of Noodles #마스터국수의신. He acted the young character of male lead. 

@Manhole_KBS
DDNUkILVYAAwKKy.jpg

DDNUkqHVYAAcA6P.jpg

Guys thank you so much for starting this thread :wub:!!! I have been waiting for Jaejoong's return to dreamland since forever so I am super excited right now! Though one should always manage their expectation to avoid potential disappointment, I must say in terms of production, writer and casting decisions, so far this show really looks promising! Let's look forward to a fun show to get us through this hot hot hot summer :)!!!

[CASTING] #JangMiKwan joined as #UEE 's character's fiance / #JaeJoong 's character's love rival m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=111&a
@Manhole_KBS
DDXjtjJUAAAkTFJ.jpgDDXjt0PUwAArVz8.jpg

[Funfacts] #JangMiKwan very memorable character in his 1st drama as the masked kidnapper in #StrongWomanDoBongSoon

DDXlSIUUMAA3rNG.jpg
DDXlSUfUAAAjLyj.jpg

[PT TR] Do Bongsun's Jang Mikwan joins #김재중 Kim Jaejoong and UEE in drama Manhole m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=111&a
via crystalmoon0213 

DDYPMWEVwAADFmr.jpg

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 6/26- 7/2/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/06/jyj-news-week-of-626-722017.html?spref=tw

Just a note about Baro. I'm not really fan as I don't know anything about him. but I saw Master :God Noodle. He was impressive. He only appeared 2 episodes but, he was good.  For actors, idol or not, given the right character role, the talent comes out and we get shock because, we don't really expect it.

#김재중 Kim Jaejoong, UEE Baro Jung Hyesung confirmed to star in drama Manhole and completed script reading today m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&a
via crystalmoon0213 

[NEWS] 170629 The cast of KBS Drama "Manhole" has finished first reading script today v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/201706291739 
@Official_B1A4

DDfnlo2U0AE2Plp.jpg

No pictures released from the script reading yet...

To anyone, please kindly share when KBS posts the pics.

Looking forward to this drama...:D

Hey guys! So in order to get a feel of what Manhole's writer-nim Lee Jae Gon's script is like, I've started to watch his previous work Special Affairs Team TEN and though I'm only mid-series, must say I am really impressed! Though the realistic looking corpses are a little scary (might not be a good idea to watch it while eating, if you're a scaredy cat like myself haha), the plots are tightly written, original (I realized some of the more recent cop dramas I liked copied from Special Affairs Team TEN!), and the characters are three dimensional and interesting.  I am just curious as to why Lee has written so few scripts in the past though! I only saw him credited for Team TEN and one movie back in 2005, that is ALL haha :D  !!! 

On 6/28/2017 at 2:12 PM, jongski said:

Just a note about Baro. I'm not really fan as I don't know anything about him. but I saw Master :God Noodle. He was impressive. He only appeared 2 episodes but, he was good.  For actors, idol or not, given the right character role, the talent comes out and we get shock because, we don't really expect it.

I've never watched him in a drama but have read good things about his acting. The whole cast are good idol actors, I've always thought JJ is exceptional, Uee to.  She was great in Ho Goos love turning a character from an unsympathetic to one that you end up loving, in Marriage Contract, she just slayed the part. I'm happy Jae Joong has a lead actress that can really act.   magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  

@starfield I love Special Affairs Team Ten. it is one of my fav dramas. I'm looking forward to see what writer nim has in stores for us. 

On 7/1/2017 at 7:44 AM, evie7 said:

I've never watched him in a drama but have read good things about his acting. The whole cast are good idol actors, I've always thought JJ is exceptional, Uee to.  She was great in Ho Goos love turning a character from an unsympathetic to one that you end up loving, in Marriage Contract, she just slayed the part. I'm happy Jae Joong has a lead actress that can really act.   magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  

@starfield I love Special Affairs Team Ten. it is one of my fav dramas. I'm looking forward to see what writer nim has in stores for us. 

Saw Baro in Reply 1994 and I didn't know B1A4 so I thought Baro was an actor (not an idol).

Idols get this weird rap somehow but they train for a long time and training includes acting... Lots of 'idols' have proven themselves in acting (including Jaejoong and UEE of course) but they still have some doubters. That's probably why they work so hard anyway. Here's hoping that when idols sing, they are called 'singers' (granted some are better than others LOL) and when they act (in dramas or movies), they are called actors.

I have not seen the TEN series but my friend has been touting it as the best in K drama ever and that the writing is excellent and the characters are fleshed out... Will try to marathon the series. It's 4th of July here in America so no work today...KDrama marathon is ahead for me hehehe

Wishing "Manhole- Wonderland Feels" the very best!:)

7 hours ago, tealee said:

Saw Baro in Reply 1994 and I didn't know B1A4 so I thought Baro was an actor (not an idol).

Idols get this weird rap somehow but they train for a long time and training includes acting... Lots of 'idols' have proven themselves in acting (including Jaejoong and UEE of course) but they still have some doubters. That's probably why they work so hard anyway. Here's hoping that when idols sing, they are called 'singers' (granted some are better than others LOL) and when they act (in dramas or movies), they are called actors.

I have not seen the TEN series but my friend has been touting it as the best in K drama ever and that the writing is excellent and the characters are fleshed out... Will try to marathon the series. It's 4th of July here in America so no work today...KDrama marathon is ahead for me hehehe

Wishing "Manhole- Wonderland Feels" the very best!:)

I feel ya for the holiday kdrama marathon, it feels strange that the 4th is on a Tuesday. I feel that my weekend was interrupted by Monday:blink:   I loved TEN, it's one of my favs. I hope you enjoy it.  I hope they start filming so we can get some pics soon. 

LOL me three celebrating 4th July marathoning Team Ten season 2 and I am now having a headache from too much TV! Love to see Uee and Jaejoong looking so casual and comfortable next to each other, only when actors are relaxed in each other's company will they have good chemistry :D!!!  

Actor Jaejoong Update

Oh my... our #BongPil and friends!!! instagram.com/p/BWLuvADniv4/
#Ready to see JaeJoong as 'Bong Pil' every #Wednesday and #Thursday?? You can #bet its going to be #awesome! 

DEAoOdTUIAA-pWL.jpg

#김재중 Kim Jaejoomg returns to the K drama in 2 years letting go of handsomeness for comedy m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&a 

Beautifully Crazy Chemistry: Drama Manhole's First Script Reading: #김재중 xUEExJung HyesungxBaro entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&a

[PT TR] Comedic acting extravaganza! #김재중 m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&a
via crystalmoon0213 

DEAtuqtUAAAAu9d.jpg

DEAtuqxUAAAt7GG.jpg

PT TR] #김재중 KimJaejoong x UEExJung HyesungxBaro burst into laughter from the first script reading session m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=215&a
via crystalmoon0213 

DEAmmIQUMAEMSSj.jpg

DEAmmIRUwAAWJKM.jpg

DEAmmISU0AEjxuY.jpg

DEAl3g_VwAA51ti.jpg

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 7/3- 7/10/2017 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2017/07/jyj-news-week-os-73-7102017.html?spref=tw

I hope they will show footage for the script reading. UEE looks really skinny from the picture. Jaejoong looks cute with that curly hair. Wonder why he has to give up handsomeness for the role..He can be handsome and silly at the same time.:D

Archived