Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

KBS releases character posters  

source

215314_259673_5429.jpg

Google translate of the article :lol: with minor adjustments from me

Spoiler

KBS 2TV The new Moonhwa drama 'Are You Human' (directed by Cha Young-hoon) is about an artificial intelligence robot Nam Shin III who has entered a human world filled with desires. He meets Kang Sobong, a woman full of humanity, It is a work that draws a story to find an answer to humanity.

In the public posters, the characters of Seo Kang Joon , Gong Seung Yeon, Lee Jun-hyuk, Park Hwan Hee, Kim Sung-Ryeol, Yoo Sung and Park Young-gyu were included. . Gong Seung-yeon defended (protects)  Sanshin Ⅲ from the side and we are melted by Sobong's warm gaze, and Kim Sung-ryong expressed the conflict and the solitude that only the mother of two sons, can feel.

Lee Jun-hyuk and Yoo-Sung both display tension as Ji Young-hoon, the leader of the human spoof ( the organisation that builds these androids , and Seo Jong-gil, a tracer ( tracker?) Park Hwan-hee is a fiancee of a god of sins  ( I think she is  Nam Shin's fiancee) , and has filled my complicated feelings based on love, and Park Young-Gyu plays  Nam Gun-ho, the chairman of the PK group, who can not believe anyone but also others ( I think he does not trust anyone)  Every actor puts a character's character in an impact with one expression.

The official said, "The poster, which was unveiled on the 21st, contains the images of Sobong, Young-hoon, Ye-na, Ro-ra, Jong-gil, and Geho that make him exist through the vision of Artificial Intelligence Robot Sang Shin Ⅲ. I think it melts well on this poster. "

On the other hand, 'Are You Human' is scheduled to be broadcast on June 4th following 'Miracle we met'

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/20/human-cast-looks-mysterious-mesmerizing-official-posters/

The latest official poster and character posters feature the drama’s cast, with Seo Kang Joon as the main lead, gazing straight ahead expressionlessly. The posters also show Gong Seung Yeon, who plays a bodyguard, as well as Kim Sung Ryung, the mother of both the robot and the heir, who looks concerned for her sons.

Lee Joon Hyuk and Yoo Oh Sung both exude a charismatic presence, as they respectively play Ji Young Hoon, a man who helps replace Nam Shin with the robot, and Seo Jong Gil, Nam Shin’s opponent in the company. Park Hwan Hee stars in the drama as Nam Shin’s fiancée Seo Ye Na, and her character poster expresses the complicated emotions through her gaze. Rounding out the character posters is Park Young Gyu as he glares fiercely as the distrusting head of the company Nam Geon Ho.

A source from the production staff stated, “The released posters show the characters So Bong, Young Hoon, Ye Na, Jong Gil, and Geon Ho through the robot Namshin III’s perspective. Thanks to the actors’ detailed expressions, we were able to convey the characters’ stories through the poster. Please look forward to the premiere of ‘Are You Human, Too?’ which will tell the stories of a variety of characters.”

• Like 4

Character teasers for Lee joon Hyuk & the other supporting cast 

She’s is  the fiancée to Nam Shin

Think she’s the mum

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

In many clips shown in the trailers Namshin is wearing the same outfit, a black and grey striped shirt: at the nightclub when he refuses to hold his fiancée's arm, during the fire when he saves Sobong and on the ambulance. It seems that he's Namshin III on all those occasions, and I wonder why he/it is so repelled by Namshin's fiancée, considering that he's supposed to act N's part... Namshin's accident should have already happened, by then (in Czech Rep.). After the fire, N3 gets damaged/deactivated: his/its "mother" stops the ambulance to protect the secret.

• Like 3

Seo Kang Joon Shares Emotional Embrace With Kim Sung Ryung In “Are You Human, Too?”

lgT06OAcClsz636625919947335591.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Are You Human, Too?” has unveiled a sneak peek at the complex relationship between Seo Kang Joon and Kim Sung Ryung.

On May 22, the drama released new stills showing Seo Kang Joon and Kim Sung Ryung sharing an emotional moment together on their own. The producers commented, “Although they may appear to be an ordinary mother and son, the two are hiding a tragic secret.”

In the drama, Seo Kang Joon plays both Nam Shin, the wealthy heir to a conglomerate, and Nam Shin III, the advanced AI robot created in his image. Kim Sung Ryung plays the role of Nam Shin’s mother Oh Ro Ra, who works in AI research and development. After creating Nam Shin III in her son’s image, she develops a close bond with the robot, who is so close to being human that he can feel emotions.

When Nam Shin falls into danger, Oh Ro Ra ends up hatching a plot to have Nam Shin III secretly take her son’s place, and Oh Ro Ra goes from being Nam Shin III’s only friend to being his mother as well.

Read full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/21/seo-kang-joon-shares-emotional-embrace-kim-sung-ryung-human/

• Like 4

Poor Namshin III after saving Sobong from the fire... :cry:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour, edit to add. TQ
  • Like 5

"

Before giving you a quick rundown on what freshness we have from them, "Are You Human Too" and its unconventional OTP demand our attention, as the series is starting its romance-filled promotion. My non-drama free time is slowly going bye bye. Bye bye, time.

Custom Boyfriend

"Are You Human Too" has gone through quite a change in tone since its first promotional goodies, and we get to experience the main pairing. The new teaser is surprisingly cutesy, and the posters go for honey-sweet, too. I do wonder if viewers will have trouble connecting to an artificial romance, but one could argue most such stories are that already. The drama has released stills of its extended cast as well, , so while not really my thing, it is coming along rather nicely."

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-drama-news-artificial-infatuation-and-all-the-premieres-118755.html

• Like 3

@triplem  Hi :) We know DF got license for the Americas. But the other international fans asked us to get European license. That's why we are still requesting. We still have 13 days. We've done what we could so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, marykarmelina said:

Hi :) We know DF got license for the Americas. But the other international fans asked us to get European license. That's why we are still requesting. We still have 13 days. We've done what we could so far.

I see. Are you doing the subbing? Thought I saw your name on the Viki site. Thanks for all the hard work. I hope it gets subbed  by Viki for our European friends then. I am from South East Asia and unfortunately,  Viki has a lot of restrictions for my region. But i filled out the form anyway. Good luck!

23 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

In many clips shown in the trailers Namshin is wearing the same outfit, a black and grey striped shirt: at the nightclub when he refuses to hold his fiancée's arm, during the fire when he saves Sobong and on the ambulance. It seems that he's Namshin III on all those occasions, and I wonder why he/it is so repelled by Namshin's fiancée, considering that he's supposed to act N's part... Namshin's accident should have already happened, by then (in Czech Rep.). After the fire, N3 gets damaged/deactivated: his/its "mother" stops the ambulance to protect the secret.

I was also surprised at his reaction to his fiancee , and yes it is definitely Nam Shin III. I think this will be the point where the AI is seen to be rebelling. I am assuming that they will see this as a flaw in the programming.

@jellybing2009 Though it might be better to answer you here. It's hard to move on from Dr Ye to be honest and I catch myself rewatching the cuts on IG. But i have come to appreciate LJH's acting very much (he really brings a different vibe to every role he does), so I am looking forward to seeing him grace my screen again. I am not sure if his role here is one of an antagonist. I think some of the older veteran actors will be the bigger crooks.  It seems like he is part of the organisation that helped build the AI (NamShin III).

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I see. Are you doing the subbing? Thought I saw your name on the Viki site. Thanks for all the hard work. I hope it gets subbed  by Viki for our European friends then. I am from South East Asia and unfortunately,  Viki has a lot of restrictions for my region. But i filled out the form anyway. Good luck!

I was also surprised at his reaction to his fiancee , and yes it is definitely Nam Shin III. I think this will be the point where the AI is seen to be rebelling. I am assuming that they will see this as a flaw in the programming.

@jellybing2009 Though it might be better to answer you here. It's hard to move on from Dr Ye to be honest and I catch myself rewatching the cuts on IG. But i have come to appreciate LJH's acting very much (he really brings a different vibe to every role he does), so I am looking forward to seeing him grace my screen again. I am not sure if his role here is one of an antagonist. I think some of the older veteran actors will be the bigger crooks.  It seems like he is part of the organisation that helped build the AI (NamShin III).

If it's his/its mother to notice his rebellion, I don't think that she'll interpret it as a "flaw" in his programming. It seems that so far she has "grown" him as a second son, like Namshin's "secret twin brother", and that she has also grown fond of him in the process. N3 has a very different "personality" from human N: he/it has been described as empathetic, friendly and innocent.

LJH's character (the secretary) has been presented as one of the "good guys". He's very grateful to PK group for granting him his scholarship (he's an orphan, if I got the synopsis right) and he's trustful. When he scolds N3, he does it because he doesn't want him/it to be busted. I think he is loyal to N's mother.

I've seen one of the two male veteran playing Gi Cheol's role in Faith, and I loved him and his shenanigans (I almost rooted for him... He had is reasons to behave like that, even if he might be seen as lunatic and cruel), while the other played a very over-the-top, vile and violent role in Angry Mom, so I'd find it difficult to watching him playing a character I'm supposed to root for... :fearful:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jerboa83 said:

If it's his/its mother to notice his rebellion, I don't think that she'll interpret it as a "flaw" in his programming. It seems that so far she has "grown" him as a second son, like Namshin's "secret twin brother", and tha she has also grown fond of him in the process. N3 has a very different "personality" from human N: he/it has been described as empathetic, friendly and innocent.

LJH's character (the secretary) has been presented as one of the "good guys". He's very grateful to PK group for granting him his scholarship (he's an orphan, if I got the synopsis right) and he's trustful. When he scolds N3, he does it because he doesn't want him/it to be busted. I think he is loyal to N's mother.

I've seen one of the two male veteran playing Gi Cheol's role in Faith, and I loved him and his shenanigans (I almost rooted for him... He had is reasons to behave like that, even if he might be seen as lunatic and cruel), while the other played a very over-the-top, vile and violent role in Angry Mom, so I'd find it difficult to watching him playing a character I'm supposed to root for... :fearful:

Thanks for the info. So human N is still alive but in a coma right? I can imagine the chaos when he wakes up. Will human Nam Shim also fall for So Bong. This should be really interesting.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, triplem said:

Thanks @triplem , yea i will put this in to watch drama list( for LJH) ,  i can't see Dr Ye shadow here in this drama ( so far from the trailer),  he really bring on the character for his role in each drama he did . Its an interesting story line , with good actors and actresses .. hope this will be a good one !

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, triplem said:

Thanks for the info. So human N is still alive but in a coma right? I can imagine the chaos when he wakes up. Will human Nam Shim also fall for So Bong. This should be really interesting.

Yes, he's in a coma. That's why his mother tries to buy time by making N3 pretend to be him... She hopes that her human son will wake up and she wants to protect him, since the "accident" (happened in Czech Rep., probably) was no accident at all. The only problem with this strategy? It's her non-human son who's thrown into the pit, facing the danger... I think she'll eventually feel guilty towards him/it, since she loves him more than she can admit.

In one of the first trailers, you can also hear a male voice (the secretary's?) ordering N3 to "protect Namshin".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another article published here on Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/22/3-reasons-fall-love-seo-kang-joon-robot-human/

9 hours ago, Badriyah said:

Brand-new teaser translated by Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/watch-seo-kang-joon-leaves-everyone-frenzy-suspenseful-preview-human/

"KBS’s upcoming drama “Are You Human, Too?” has revealed a brand-new teaser that will leave you at the edge of your seat!

The preview starts off with a glimpse at what appears to be a dead body and blood-soaked fabric. The scene cuts to someone keeping an eye on Seo Kang Joon as he walks through a crowd while heatedly talking to someone over the phone in a different language. His appearance seemingly makes people shocked and confused as a voice says, “Do you know what I saw? A guy who looks exactly like that guy was…”

As scenes of the rest of the cast flash by, more voices can be heard commenting, “It’s not human. They said it can’t be human,” and “Something’s definitely up.” At the very end, a man questions, “Who are you?”

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/seo-kang-joon-locks-gong-seung-yeon-secure-embrace-human/

In the released stills, Nam Shin III and So Bong share a delicate moment of mixed emotions together. Nam Shin III is embracing So Bong tightly in his arms, and So Bong is wordlessly remaining still in his safe arms. The photos promise a unique chemistry between the two characters.

Seo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon2.jpg

Concerning his co-star Gong Seung Yeon, Seo Kang Joon stated, “It’s comfortable because we’re the same age. We both work hard, and we discuss what each of us lack while enjoying filming.” In turn, Gong Seung Yeon said, “I learned a lot from Seo Kang Joon. There were times when I reconstructed and scolded myself while watching him. I gain a lot of strength from him.”

Seo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpg

• Like 5