[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I noticed on rewatch...

Cute: NS3's face when he told her he already called the cab with his mind, like he is absurdly proud of himself, lol. After all the extra touching, etc., no one can tell me our robot doesn't at least have a crush on SB!  I love how secretary YH is always quietly flummoxed by NS3's actions and finds himself respecting him.  SB x NS3, what even is personal space, teehee?

Hot:  the expression on NS3's face after SB breaks the kiss; our robot boy really committed to his kissing role, teehee.  NS3's face as he heard haraboji threaten SB. SB x NS3, what even is personal space, rawr?

Funny: in the 1st kiss scene, when NS3 asks if everyone catches his meaning, his aunt strongly nods her head in the background, lol. All the diners giving SB the stink-eye for leaving NS3 outside; I was the diners and the diners were me.   I'm sorry, but NS3 looking like a little Elf-on-the-Shelf when he surprises SB on her morning jog is too hilarious. NS3 x SB's car ride makes me want to see them married and taking road trips together, lol. 

Worrisome:  auntie saying YN is just like her dad; considering what her dad does for the things he desires, is anyone else a bit concerned for SB?  I mean, I don't think YN will decide murder is the answer for what ails her but there are plenty of other terrible things that can be done.

Omo Sin's grandfather is really a cruel and manipulative monster. His conversation with Young Hoon when he was just a kid... It broke my heart. How can he say all those things to him? And all Young Hoon can say is "that's fine". I know that he agreed to all those terms proposed by grandfather but I feel so bad for him. Does he even have time to enjoy all the luxury? Nobody treats him like a human. Except Nam Sin III. And that's why I think Young Hoon started to see  Nam Sin III in a different light. Nam Sin III is the only one to see sadness and sorrow in his face. 

It looks like grandfather was so excited to see tough side of his grandson, except it wasn't his real grandson but our robot Sin. This old man has definitely some problems with himself. His goal in life is probably to make all people around him miserable. 

Nam Sin III really got attached to So Bong. He also feels the need to protect her. And she is also showing her gentle side. I bet it was really her first kiss haha

4 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

"Stick together!" haha!

It's moving how clearly attached he is to So-Bong. I can't help but crack up at how happy he seemed (even though he claims to not have emotions) to discover she had a piece of metal in her, telling her "you're like me!" and calling her a cyborg. He's starting to adopt a personality of his own, I think. It's interesting to see him question what humans say, too. This TV show raises so many ethical questions about life, hats down to the writer. I''m so hooked.

Hahahahaha, "stick together" was the best!  NS3 willfully acting on the letter of the instruction is too cute.  Also, his "Really?" plus sidle step when SB told him girls would find him swoonworthy. LOL, clearly the only girl he wants to find him swoonworthy is SB. 

Totally agree with you about the development of his own personality.  Even in his scenes in the Czech Republic, his personality leaned toward the playful but it was very restrained.  Without his mom or David, he really has let his cheeky side fly, hee. The questioning humans part is so very key to his development. It's clear he respects secretary YH, so when he tells him not to trust humans he actually spends hours thinking about the implication of that.  

@chatterbox22  Oh man, I too was totally creeped out by the grandfather being so pleased by NS3's toughness. Coupling that with how he treats his other grandson, it really makes your skin crawl when it comes to his personality. He definitely gets his jollies controlling people and getting them to submit to him.  Re: SB's first kiss - do you think it was her first?  After rewatching the ep, I did wonder because we got the classic pause/non-answer response????

I created an account specifically to fangurl about this drama. I was deadset on being snarky about this show without having watched it because I wasn't a fan of either of the leads and the premise just sounded wacky.

But... I come to eat some humble pie. I actually have to thank Lyn, one of my favorite singers, for changing my mind. I heard her song for this OST, and I was like "Oh... wait. I think... nah, I can't possibly be actually interested in watching this???!!!!" I am crying at the injustice of this show being out during the World Cup. T___T 

Seo Kang-joon has wow-ed me with his performance as both Nam-shin and NS3. Seriously in awe of his portrayals here. And Gong Seung-yeon too with her realistic reactions to both Nam-shin and NS3. And their interactions when they're now on the same side!! AHHHHH they're so cute, and I am afraid of being this attached to this couple. I'm so curious how this will play out especially if Nam-shin wakes up. I hope we get more background on Young-hoon and Nam-shin's aunt as well. 

Does anyone else think grandpa might find out soon that he is not the real Shin? Or may be he already knows? May be he grabbed his hand and lied to check if he catches him or not? And knowing that he isn't his grandson he will pretend he doesn't know? He won't even look for human shin since I think he likes the robotic version more lol. 

I wish they show us how grandpa actually treated human Nam Shin. 

1 hour ago, readybutterfly said:

I created an account specifically to fangurl about this drama. I was deadset on being snarky about this show without having watched it because I wasn't a fan of either of the leads and the premise just sounded wacky.

But... I come to eat some humble pie. I actually have to thank Lyn, one of my favorite singers, for changing my mind. I heard her song for this OST, and I was like "Oh... wait. I think... nah, I can't possibly be actually interested in watching this???!!!!" I am crying at the injustice of this show being out during the World Cup. T___T 

Seo Kang-joon has wow-ed me with his performance as both Nam-shin and NS3. Seriously in awe of his portrayals here. And Gong Seung-yeon too with her realistic reactions to both Nam-shin and NS3. And their interactions when they're now on the same side!! AHHHHH they're so cute, and I am afraid of being this attached to this couple. I'm so curious how this will play out especially if Nam-shin wakes up. I hope we get more background on Young-hoon and Nam-shin's aunt as well. 

Welcome :)

Ah I forgot about aunt. I actually felt bad for her in this episode despite her betraying dad but I don't blame her for doing that. Why would she care for anyone when everyone simple hates her sick kid :tears:. I hope NS wakes up soon I need my answers!

I hope next week we go back to

normal schedule so we could get 2 episodes per week. Seriously, the show is suffering cause of the world cup, its kinda anti climactic.. i really hope the ratings start to pick up.. why is korea sleeping on this show?! I really really hope both leads could do a photoshoot for a magazine shoot. 

Shin the Robot is very cute yet so very naive LoL. I do feel for him as he tries to fit in with the rest of humans and also unable to trusts no one at the same time. 

Though people need to watch what they say or tell Shin the Robot as he takes everything literally eheh. 

I am currently in the middle of episode 11 released yesterday and I suddenly had this idea - albeit not a good one - 

What if Nam Shin's assistant JYH has vested interests that he disguises as friendship / protection? :anguished: The grandfather asks him to leave the orphanage and unfairly asks him to be a shadow to NS, which he accepts. But over the years what if he has a grudge and belief that it was because of his hard work and suffering under the grandfather for Nam Shin's sake makes him feel entitled that in fact that the company must belong to him in the future and not to Nam Shin?!

I have a feeling the real antagonist in the drama will be Nam Shin's assistant who will try to take advantage of NSIII's presence to get on the grandfather's side and finally inherit the company.

He could also be the one who will try to pull the kill switch. :cold_sweat:

YH can turn dark if need be. He is after all human. And based on his filmography, hahaha LJH goes villain mode when his hair is up and is a good person when his hair is down.  

ED:

OST Part 3 is epic!  It's on par with Goblin's Winter Is Coming

So here I am again with the latest comparison. I also created a google doc including all the previous episodes (+added timestamps) if you want to catch up on my comparisons.

Korean Version vs. International Version (Episode(s) 11-12/6)

• [DF] After the ahjumma finishes scolding SB and before she notices the rain outside, NS3 is holding his hand out to feel the rain and looks up at the sky again. [18:00-18:12]
  • [DF] We actually get to see a scene between YN & SB in their room at night. YN lies awake on the bed while SB is on the floor and remembers seeing NS opening the door for SB when they arrived. We get the following dialogue:

YN: I'll ask you a question since you're not sleeping. What did you do with Shin after that kiss?

[SB pauses]

SB: I don't know. We just roamed around without a word.

YN: I thought you were used by Shin.  Why are you following him around if you're mad at him for kissing you?

[SB rolls to the other side to face her]

SB: I didn't follow him.

YN: Then why aren't you quitting? Don't you have any pride?

SB: I don't. This is what my dad told me when he taught me how to fight. If you have pride during a match, you're doomed. If your opponent comes in strong, dodge. If you get mad about getting hit a few more times, you'll get hit from behind. He said winning is more important than pride and that a win isn't easy to come by in life. So I don't care about pride. Good night.

[She turns over again and closes her eyes, YN keeps looking at her] [30:05-31:24]

Hello guys! Since I'm not the follower of this show but its OST so far, I need somebody in here who is still trailing closely could help me on my confusion. On the most recently released OST (part 3 I believe), the specific song The Longing Dance has mentioned a few attraction names located in Ireland. From the basic ideas about the show, there are some scenes actually filmed in Prague (Czech Republic). I don't recall the show's ever mentioned about any particular place in Ireland. What the song does really depict (under what context) by using those famous places? Thanks guys.

I loved episode 06. NSIII and So Bong are so cute when they are together...I want moarrrr!!!  :love:   Seriously, I enjoyed so much their scenes, NSIII following So Bong and changing the traffic lights for her, NSIII "sticking" to So Bong, NSIII driving the car...they have such a cute and fresh dynamics. And he's so playful around her. :heart:  I can't help it, I'm shipping them HARD.

And the second kiss she gave him, I wonder how he took it, we didn't see anything about his thoughts. She kissed him and he seemed to react somehow. I wonder if he realized that he likes this kind of "attentions" from So Bong. She said that he was steel and plastic and she couldn't feel anything for him, but NSIII can monitor her pulse, etc, and he was already suspecting that she feels something for him, he even mentioned the skinship as a possible cause, robot boy did his research, LOL  :lol:  ... I doubt she can fool him with this.

23 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

What I noticed on rewatch...

Cute: NS3's face when he told her he already called the cab with his mind, like he is absurdly proud of himself, lol. After all the extra touching, etc., no one can tell me our robot doesn't at least have a crush on SB!  I love how secretary YH is always quietly flummoxed by NS3's actions and finds himself respecting him.  SB x NS3, what even is personal space, teehee?

Hot:  the expression on NS3's face after SB breaks the kiss; our robot boy really committed to his kissing role, teehee.  NS3's face as he heard haraboji threaten SB. SB x NS3, what even is personal space, rawr?

Funny: in the 1st kiss scene, when NS3 asks if everyone catches his meaning, his aunt strongly nods her head in the background, lol. All the diners giving SB the stink-eye for leaving NS3 outside; I was the diners and the diners were me.   I'm sorry, but NS3 looking like a little Elf-on-the-Shelf when he surprises SB on her morning jog is too hilarious. NS3 x SB's car ride makes me want to see them married and taking road trips together, lol. 

Worrisome:  auntie saying YN is just like her dad; considering what her dad does for the things he desires, is anyone else a bit concerned for SB?  I mean, I don't think YN will decide murder is the answer for what ails her but there are plenty of other terrible things that can be done.

ahahaha I thought I was the only one who noticed it. It looked so funny. Somehow I have started to like aunt a bit :rolleyes:

Archived