Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

20 minutes ago, topazeyedgirl said:

First?!?!?!? Does that mean there will be more dying? Somebody hold me :triumph:

No I think it's just the korean saying 'sorry for leaving you first' or 'sorry for going first' 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I know Dr Oh is dead and I'm in denial mode thinking that may be she isn't dead! Please writer let it be a plot twist  I beg you! :bawling: 

I'm right there with you. Every time there was an accident (including the dead killer), there were things that happened behind the scenes that we didn't know and see in the same episode. I'm hoping that David swooped in and revived her off-camera (we have medical cases of people dead for long minutes being successfully revived), but that writer has toyed with our emotions so much, I'm having trust issues with hope here. :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Dang. If mom really died, i wasn't expecting that. If mom didn't die, it must be a trick on Seo :no_mouth: but did it really have to take a 'death' to possibly unite the twins? :crazy:

@Kasmic *hugss* chingu! I have missed watching a drama with you! And spazzing! :D

Edit

I just watched the mom's dying scene clip :bawling: i think she really died :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hello everyone. I have been lurking this thread for sometimes, and tomorrow finally we will have final episode. 

I want to thank everyone for all the life recap, updates, and awesome analysis. I really enjoy this forum.

I am rooting for a happy ending, but if writer-nim give us a sad ending I'll understand, as long it's a good ending.

Today's episode really confusing for me so I don't want to have high hope for the ending.  

I am glad that in the end, Dr. Oh protected NS3 from kill switch. What I don't understand, was it necessary for her to protect him from those containers? NS3 is a robot, he surely way stronger than Dr. Oh and I am sure will survive, He was made from metal after all. Even if he got damaged, Dr. Oh can always fix him as usual. Why writer-nim, whyyy?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes into episode 17 and i'm wondering if Young Hoon isn't an AI.

There was something about the way Young Hoon removed ShinH hands from his lapel that made me think of Terminator.

It would be explain his selfless devotion to Shin, his lack of envy and greed and his trust of Laura and Laura's lack of concern about his loyalty to Shin.

I think Laura sent Young Hoon to ShinH.

I don't usually predict where plots are going and this is not a prediction but an enhanced observations augmented with flight of fancy.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@hushhh   YH was recruited by grandpa from what I can remember. Laura doesn't know YH, she asked who he was the first time she saw him and it was David who told her YH is NS' assistant.

@chiyie16 NS3 can only see but he can't move his body yet so the mom has to push him out. She's doing it out of mother's instinct to protect her child cos despite what she says that NS3 is a machine, she's still a son to her.

So looks like NS was kidnapped by SJG to force YH to give up the stocks to him but I guess NS3 will help YH find and rescue NS.

I think NS3 will be faced with a choice, find the kill switch or rescue NS but he will choose to rescue NS and cos he was able to rescue NS, SJG activates the kill switch.

• Like 8

My head hurts...Just what happened exactly?! The writer really loves to trick us and in the last minute, something different happens.

First, Shin's got the chairman's position stole from him by Young Hoon + NSIII, then when we thought NSIII will be destroy by the kill switch, no, mom found a solution to stop everything and then she died protected NSIII...

Either the mom died or not the scene is really poorly done. I think the writer wanted us to understand that in this kinf of situation she reacted without thinking, so it shows that contrary to what she tried to prove, that she only cares for Shin, she actually cares for both. But if she really died, for a woman who is so smart she can make a nearly perfect robot, she did something stupid by sacrificing herself for a robot that can be fixed by her so easily. Well, they wanted to show her love for him, ok, we understood it.

But there is one thing I don't understand. (was it mention? I don't remember) Using the kill switch will destroy him, like there will be an explosion? (that's why Nam Shin took him in this factory) Or it just desactivates him?

I'm sorry but I laugh seing the kill switch. If it's so dangerous, they had to hide it so that no one can find it, did the mom need to put a big sticker with "warning" written on it? Well, it's just a drama lol

And Nam Shin got kidnapped by Seo?! When? After he pushed the button of the kill switch and went back?

About Young Hoon, I'll say it again but Nam Shin is so lucky to have him. He is so kind, only thinking about Nam Shin's well being that it makes him too good to be true. And even more when you see that everyone of the humans in this drama are so messed up.

Also, since I don't care at all about the romance and I don't fantasize about love between a robot and human, I must say I found those cheesy scenes really boring. Though those scenes were surely necessary to bring a lighter mood to the whole drama (or just to satisfy the audience who only love romance), in my case I struggle to watch them when I know that something big might happen.

Well I just hope the ending will be satisfying.

• Like 5

So far no text preview of tomorrow's episode. 

Nam Gun Ho got what he wanted. I want justice! Why is that man back home? He should be in jail with SEO! 

I might be the only one, but I was already dreaming of an emotional hug scene between Dr Oh and Shin lol, :lol: no wonder I'm so sad she is dead.  (now I'm hoping for an emotional hug scene of Shin and Young Hoon :phew:)

I don't think Shin 3 will die I don't know why people are freaking out, it will kill the purpose of drama :phew:. And Honestly if Shin dies tomorrow  I won't be surprised or super sad :tears: go my boy play in heaven.

• Like 5

The way how they shoot that last scene of the last episode preview. 

Dark and it makes me even more scared. First snow, last day?

I don't know why it will be so hard to prove NS3's innocent. He can visualize what he saw through tv or mobile phone. Also, the barrel hit Dr. Oh, how couldn't police find that? 

But I don't know how to see a bit hope of happy ending at all. Considering the kill switch will be pushed again and it has been already too hectic. How could they finish it in one hour of episode? 

I don't know

• Like 6

Sorry I'm going to semi-rant again.

This type of article really richard simmons me off. This is one of those times that I wished I knew how to write Korean instead of just understanding bits and pieces of the language cos if only I know how I would complain about such crap article that doesn't even analyze what might have contributed to the freakin' low ratings!!!

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000666001

The show isn't a failure, idiot article writer didn't even mention that the drama only aired an episode for 2 weeks thus affecting the ratings and interest of the viewers. Such irresponsible writing! Argh. Makes me mad!

Also, didn't even look into the feedback of the people/viewers watching how the actor totally aced the portraying the role. Did idiot writer even watch the show?!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

Sorry I'm going to semi-rant again.

This type of article really richard simmons me off. This is one of those times that I wished I knew how to write Korean instead of just understanding bits and pieces of the language cos if only I know how I would complain about such crap article that doesn't even analyze what might have contributed to the freakin' low ratings!!!

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000666001

The show isn't a failure, idiot article writer didn't even mention that the drama only aired an episode for 2 weeks thus affecting the ratings and interest of the viewers. Such irresponsible writing! Argh. Makes me mad!

Also, didn't even look into the feedback of the people/viewers watching how the actor totally aced the portraying the role. Did idiot writer even watch the show?!! 

what the richard simmons?

An unfortunate work for Seo Kang Joon? Did the writer of this article even watched the drama? Whether the ratings were low or high, I would say he shone more in this for me then in cheese in the trap (well he gained a new fan through this drama so I don't see how this work is unfortunate hehe)

The issue is koreans are generally not fans of sci-fic. Circle was a masterpiece and people slept on it same is the case with this drama. I'm sure it's one of the dramas Seo Kang Joon will remember for long. Such opportunities (playing both robot and human, 4 different characters) doesn't come often, I'm glad he picked this drama. For me this drama was a masterpiece (till episode 32, killing dr Oh changed some situations lol)

• Like 5

So much going on I need to wrap my head around. But after seeing the ep 18 preview..

Spoiler

Did Seo kidnap ShinH after he activated the kill switch and holding him hostage which is why he threatens YH?

does mom’s death mean that there won’t be anymore robots in future? Sure there’s still David but he more assisted her than actually invent Roboshin himself right?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chiyie16 said:

Hello everyone. I have been lurking this thread for sometimes, and tomorrow finally we will have final episode. 

I want to thank everyone for all the life recap, updates, and awesome analysis. I really enjoy this forum.

I am rooting for a happy ending, but if writer-nim give us a sad ending I'll understand, as long it's a good ending.

Today's episode really confusing for me so I don't want to have high hope for the ending.  

I am glad that in the end, Dr. Oh protected NS3 from kill switch. What I don't understand, was it necessary for her to protect him from those containers? NS3 is a robot, he surely way stronger than Dr. Oh and I am sure will survive, He was made from metal after all. Even if he got damaged, Dr. Oh can always fix him as usual. Why writer-nim, whyyy?

I think because his mom thought and treated roboshin like her real son (really like human)

• Like 5

I literally cannot fathom what on earth just happened at the end there. Like what WAS that? For what reason did that happen? To what end? Nam Shin has cameras IN HIS EYES. This isn't a game changer, it's not a plot twist, it was just unnecessary. And they have her saying she's being punished for what? Being conflicted about loving her son but coming around in the end to save him from death? She's been barely present in the story these last few weeks ever since Shin woke up and they bring her in for...whatever this is. 

I just don't understand the show was doing so well...

And just having seen the preview it didn't help either in clarifying why this spun off the rails like this lol...oh the kill switch is activated again so WHAT exactly did Laura die for again?

• Like 3

Annyeong everyone, sorry for joining this thread late.  I just started watching this series but I think I am going to shelf it and see if I will be satisfied with the ending today before continuing.  I am only in Episode 3 and frankly I don't care much for any of the characters except for human NamShin and mom.

Coming from an IT background, I have some burning questions about NamShin the robot.
Who owns him?  Mom?  But then his servers are maintained at HQ isn't it not?  Could the servers be tampered with?  Are we now assuming that the robot can have such deep learning feature that it knows how to back up itself and stop itself from killing someone?  If it can overwrite how it is programmed, does not mean the robot is indestructible and autonomous?  Can a robot own itself?  Can a robot really develop feelings?  We have seen instances in the drama where there is a NS-NS3 switch and the characters were fooled by it?  How possible is it for us as audience to be fooled by it too?  How do we know exactly when the switches occur?  There are obvious baddies in the drama but there are no obvious good guys in the drama.  The characters are all very real and very flawed.  We have not fully discovered the motivation of humans because they are complex.  Are we putting humans in the same category as robots?  Surely the consistency of the drama should lie with the robot. Are we saying that robots can be better than human and replace human?  I think the machines can only be as good as the humans who controls them.  Who is NamShin3's master?  Mom?  David?  So Bong?  Grandpa?  Young Hoon?  NamShin?  I think if we can answer that question then we can make sense of this series.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, diane90 said:

I don't know why people try defending NS's acts !

If you are good, you'll be good forever !

Look YH; even bad people approach him but he's always loyal to NS 

until the day he can't anymore !

NS characters are not good in the beginning : do not work hard, always fighting outside, drugs .....

unstable man so he will be shaked easily by evil people like Seo

So stop protecting him !

I want saying like YH   " NS shoudn't has woken up "

Are we? Hahaha I guess but Im defending more on humanity. NS3 is too perfect even his smile is too perfect and to a point where it scares me. He calculates the probability of the outcomes to make his own actions hence why his a perfect being that can do no wrong. Look how successful he was able to save the real Shin in the Czech market and to having the ability to win a simple game of scissors, paper rock. To me I feel that having such a perfect robot spells "danger"  esp when under control by a mad man and didnt we see that when Shin tried to control NS3. 

Shin isnt perfect, the environment he lived his whole life made him unstable. Im a firm believer in believing our actions is our fault of our own and that the environment or other circumstances cannot be at blame. Though Shin is very different - his upbringing was to live cruelly, selfishly and brutally to survive. Any slight signs of weakness will result to his death or worse of others he holds dear too (eg his mother and YH). Hence why I dont blame him in living a life without any genuine friends or other love ones. 

His qualities sadly reflects those of humanity as there are no "perfect" being as NS3. Like him our actions can be hot tempered, brutal, selfish and havent we all acted emotionally and lived to regret our actions. Thats why Im (maybe its just me lol!)  just holding onto some good in Shin even if its down to the last ep. I dont think the writers message is to purposely say that humans are less capable. Our faults makes us who we are, sometimes it takes such a devastating loss (death of mom:bawling:) to make them realise they need a change.  I wish the writer gave more depth into Shin as so far we only see him smirk and snarl he has yet to genuinely smile in anything. Though its comforting to know that as good/ perfect as NS3 is, Shin couldve been like him if only his Grandfather didnt cruelly take him away from his mother and forced him to grow up in such a "man eat man" world. 

NS3 is a robot and despite all previous posts on him esp @bebebisous33 post of him having free will therefore his human I cannot see him as one. His too perfect and dare I say perhaps programmed that way. Todays ep just proves that his not human esp when his mother died he couldnt tear up but yet oddly and unrealistically he says he felt   no I cant say "felt" more like he now knows this pain as any human would. I understand why some viewers may not like this drama as the idea of a love relationship between a robot and human is beyond comprehensible. I too feel this way, I feel that SB has fallen in love to a perfect being  and who wouldnt lol! It doesnt matter how hard she fought it or what he is she accepts that fate.

and I still feel like 

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p8mup6P6Db1rqhim2_540.gif

I know one might argue, you rather love that not loved but this isnt a relationship that can realistically be a happy ever after.  True not all relationships ends well but this one is way different. Poor girl, why has she set herself knowing that her heart will break.  So now I wonder how this writer can make NS3 "forvever protect his SB" with one ep left GOSH!!! writernim you better make it good. You  killed off (?) mom and threw away any chance of Shin genuinely hugging his mother. I hope NS3 shows their mother's last moments to him. It shouldve also been him holding their mother too.  So is it too much to ask to have Shin happy and genuinely smile?  

XXCuEWS.gif

WLkWyz5.gif

@vangsweetie637 hello my dear Monarch friend.  Good to see you here too. Finale ep let's spazz away dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279

@stroppyse Thank you so much for translating that article pic. I hope your watching this drama too, who knows I might bother you again tonight. :D

On a positive note -  the long awaited OST 9 "You Are My Love" by SKJ is set to release today

Dj9V7SgWsAMA6O_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Now that a bit of my rage has subsided...So Bong and NS3 are the absolute cutest. They have the swooniest lines for each other. 

'I like that I like you...I like being close to you' 

'I'm yours' 

'I was able to be who I am because of you' 

*So Bong offers her hand to gently lead her man away* 'Shall we head into the mayhem together?' 

GOSH. Peak romance. They're both so perfect. 

• Like 4

@Kasmic BRAVO! WELL SAID!:blush:

A short and to the point comment! A busy halmoni (grandmum) who hates to read "thesis".:D

Just one question as I'm TOO BUSY with real life to watch this episode. Did NS himself activate the KILL SWITCH? I believe it was Seo.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkchild said:

I literally cannot fathom what on earth just happened at the end there. Like what WAS that? For what reason did that happen? To what end? Nam Shin has cameras IN HIS EYES. This isn't a game changer, it's not a plot twist, it was just unnecessary. And they have her saying she's being punished for what? Being conflicted about loving her son but coming around in the end to save him from death? She's been barely present in the story these last few weeks ever since Shin woke up and they bring her in for...whatever this is. 

I just don't understand the show was doing so well...

And just having seen the preview it didn't help either in clarifying why this spun off the rails like this lol...oh the kill switch is activated again so WHAT exactly did Laura die for again?

Good point, hahaha! no I think her death is purposely to 1. make Shin redeem himself and 2. end the possibility of creating any other robots like NS3. Also NS3 new chip that Laura inserted, shouldnt that override the kill switch altogether. NS3 should be an upgrade of his previous model .... :blink:

45 minutes ago, sheza said:

Annyeong everyone, sorry for joining this thread late.  I just started watching this series but I think I am going to shelf it and see if I will be satisfied with the ending today before continuing.  I am only in Episode 3 and frankly I don't care much for any of the characters except for human NamShin and mom.

Coming from an IT background, I have some burning questions about NamShin the robot.
Who owns him?  Mom?  But then his servers are maintained at HQ isn't it not?  Could the servers be tampered with?  Are we now assuming that the robot can have such deep learning feature that it knows how to back up itself and stop itself from killing someone?  If it can overwrite how it is programmed, does not mean the robot is indestructible and autonomous?  Can a robot own itself?  Can a robot really develop feelings?  We have seen instances in the drama where there is a NS-NS3 switch and the characters were fooled by it?  How possible is it for us as audience to be fooled by it too?  How do we know exactly when the switches occur?  There are obvious baddies in the drama but there are no obvious good guys in the drama.  The characters are all very real and very flawed.  We have not fully discovered the motivation of humans because they are complex.  Are we putting humans in the same category as robots?  Surely the consistency of the drama should lie with the robot. Are we saying that robots can be better than human and replace human?  I think the machines can only be as good as the humans who controls them.  Who is NamShin3's master?  Mom?  David?  So Bong?  Grandpa?  Young Hoon?  NamShin?  I think if we can answer that question then we can make sense of this series.  

Argh love your science questions, pls allow me to attempt to answer some. 

Who owns NS3 - Mom and David did and of course sponsored by Grandpa. But now like David said, NS3 is constantly evolving and learning to think for himself. Is that even possible? I think so, you see him overriding the rules that was programmed into him. So yes NS3 has this ability and is now trying to not be controlled by anyone but itself. NS3 wants the freedom to do things his way and asks those around him to trust him - eg Mom, YH, SB and even Shin.  NS3 is overall a robot so no he cant feel the emotions his experiencing. He is programmed to know that these are the natural responses that a human would feel thats why his troubled to these new experiences. But maybe Im wrong, as like David said NS3 is constantly evolving and perhaps now has the ability to "feel" emotions. But I would hope not. As how is that possible and like you said if thats the case this would possibly lead to to a future where the robots will eventually replace humans. How scary would that be?  Though it may mean the world will become as perfect as NS3....errrr...what the what? What about the creators? Technology is suppose to advance or improve life not control or takeover it. But I do see the writers purpose in challenging our views on this issue. 

When I saw these fangirls, makes me question technology as well as SB love for NS3. That they only love a robot knowing it can protect you always and not leave you...again thats not love esp if the robot is designed/ programmed to do this. 

Dj9s0kkX4AE9ReC.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sheza said:

Hello! I'm sorry you joined it late. I feel the same way you do. I can't answer you questions. I think some of the others can. I think it's the end. I'm going to cry. I couldn't catch up. So I'm late. I missed all the discussions. Robot Shin is someone who I think I would love to meet in real life. He is innocent and kind, but he is also strong. I don't know what's happening in the drama right now. So he pushed So Bong in a wheelchair...Can I go to the hospital? Can he push me too? I love his smile. I love his teeth. I am so sad. So I will try to answer one of your questions. You asked, "Are we saying that robots can be better than humans?" I don't think that is true. I think that Robots will become humans. And I think, "Are humans human" and I think, what makes a human human? I don't think Robot Shin is different...I will explain more. I reading the capping, and I'm reading the other comments here. And I'm also trying to catch up. So you also asked, "Who is NamShin3/Robot Shin's master? I think this is a great question. I have been curious. So I think it was his mom. I think it's So Bong now. Why? He cares about his mom, right? But he's also starting to care about her. And his mom only cares about Real Shin, but he started to ask, "Why doesn't she care about me?" So Bong told the mother she is cruel. She thinks Robot Shin is important too. So that is why I think she is his master. I could be wrong. I am very very behind. I don't know if I will make it time. I am so sad... I really wanted to discuss this drama because I thought it was different. And Robot Shin is handsome!!! :blush: 

So these are my thoughts. 

I'm going to try so hard to catch up. There is just so much going on. I need answers!

• Like 4