[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

I see. Are you doing the subbing? Thought I saw your name on the Viki site. Thanks for all the hard work. I hope it gets subbed  by Viki for our European friends then. I am from South East Asia and unfortunately,  Viki has a lot of restrictions for my region. But i filled out the form anyway. Good luck!

I was also surprised at his reaction to his fiancee , and yes it is definitely Nam Shin III. I think this will be the point where the AI is seen to be rebelling. I am assuming that they will see this as a flaw in the programming.

@jellybing2009 Though it might be better to answer you here. It's hard to move on from Dr Ye to be honest and I catch myself rewatching the cuts on IG. But i have come to appreciate LJH's acting very much (he really brings a different vibe to every role he does), so I am looking forward to seeing him grace my screen again. I am not sure if his role here is one of an antagonist. I think some of the older veteran actors will be the bigger crooks.  It seems like he is part of the organisation that helped build the AI (NamShin III).

If it's his/its mother to notice his rebellion, I don't think that she'll interpret it as a "flaw" in his programming. It seems that so far she has "grown" him as a second son, like Namshin's "secret twin brother", and that she has also grown fond of him in the process. N3 has a very different "personality" from human N: he/it has been described as empathetic, friendly and innocent.

LJH's character (the secretary) has been presented as one of the "good guys". He's very grateful to PK group for granting him his scholarship (he's an orphan, if I got the synopsis right) and he's trustful. When he scolds N3, he does it because he doesn't want him/it to be busted. I think he is loyal to N's mother.

I've seen one of the two male veteran playing Gi Cheol's role in Faith, and I loved him and his shenanigans (I almost rooted for him... He had is reasons to behave like that, even if he might be seen as lunatic and cruel), while the other played a very over-the-top, vile and violent role in Angry Mom, so I'd find it difficult to watching him playing a character I'm supposed to root for... :fearful:

57 minutes ago, triplem said:

@jellybing2009 Though it might be better to answer you here. It's hard to move on from Dr Ye to be honest and I catch myself rewatching the cuts on IG. But i have come to appreciate LJH's acting very much (he really brings a different vibe to every role he does), so I am looking forward to seeing him grace my screen again. I am not sure if his role here is one of an antagonist. I think some of the older veteran actors will be the bigger crooks.  It seems like he is part of the organisation that helped build the AI (NamShin III).

Thanks @triplem , yea i will put this in to watch drama list( for LJH) ,  i can't see Dr Ye shadow here in this drama ( so far from the trailer),  he really bring on the character for his role in each drama he did . Its an interesting story line , with good actors and actresses .. hope this will be a good one !

33 minutes ago, triplem said:

Thanks for the info. So human N is still alive but in a coma right? I can imagine the chaos when he wakes up. Will human Nam Shim also fall for So Bong. This should be really interesting.

Yes, he's in a coma. That's why his mother tries to buy time by making N3 pretend to be him... She hopes that her human son will wake up and she wants to protect him, since the "accident" (happened in Czech Rep., probably) was no accident at all. The only problem with this strategy? It's her non-human son who's thrown into the pit, facing the danger... I think she'll eventually feel guilty towards him/it, since she loves him more than she can admit.

In one of the first trailers, you can also hear a male voice (the secretary's?) ordering N3 to "protect Namshin".

Another article published here on Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/22/3-reasons-fall-love-seo-kang-joon-robot-human/

9 hours ago, Badriyah said:

Brand-new teaser translated by Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/watch-seo-kang-joon-leaves-everyone-frenzy-suspenseful-preview-human/

"KBS’s upcoming drama “Are You Human, Too?” has revealed a brand-new teaser that will leave you at the edge of your seat!

The preview starts off with a glimpse at what appears to be a dead body and blood-soaked fabric. The scene cuts to someone keeping an eye on Seo Kang Joon as he walks through a crowd while heatedly talking to someone over the phone in a different language. His appearance seemingly makes people shocked and confused as a voice says, “Do you know what I saw? A guy who looks exactly like that guy was…”

As scenes of the rest of the cast flash by, more voices can be heard commenting, “It’s not human. They said it can’t be human,” and “Something’s definitely up.” At the very end, a man questions, “Who are you?”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/23/seo-kang-joon-locks-gong-seung-yeon-secure-embrace-human/

In the released stills, Nam Shin III and So Bong share a delicate moment of mixed emotions together. Nam Shin III is embracing So Bong tightly in his arms, and So Bong is wordlessly remaining still in his safe arms. The photos promise a unique chemistry between the two characters.

Seo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon2.jpg

Concerning his co-star Gong Seung Yeon, Seo Kang Joon stated, “It’s comfortable because we’re the same age. We both work hard, and we discuss what each of us lack while enjoying filming.” In turn, Gong Seung Yeon said, “I learned a lot from Seo Kang Joon. There were times when I reconstructed and scolded myself while watching him. I gain a lot of strength from him.”

Seo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpg

The synopsis is in Italian (open it to see the trailers' list), but I've uploaded the coolest screenshots in the gallery, and I'll update it when the drama goes on air:

I LOVE science-fiction and I'm SO hyped about this drama! Can't wait to watch it!

Archived