[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

On 6/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, mundane9 said:

I can't stomach this show. The female lead is TOTALLY UNLIKEABLE. This is so unlike typical kdramas where there is something likable about the female lead. Unfortunately,  they picked the wrong female lead who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING pleasant about her - and no redeeming qualities. She would qualify as a second lead at best. It has an interesting storyline - too bad the leading female is well..... not good enough.

I completely AGREE with you! I found her character to be shameless, greedy, and annoying. Yes, I understood her anger when she found out that the Human Namsin planned the entire charade but when Nam Sin III saved her life from the fire, she couldn’t even be grateful long enough before she accepted dirty money to spy on him. She was really “trash” like her dad said... I couldn’t stand her character and wished they had found another actress who can play her character but make the viewers empathetic.. However, I did find a few moments in Episode 4 that “redeemed” her a bit and it was when she lost her necklace in the pool and Nam Sin III told her not to lose it or her mom will be sad.. I think at that moment, she started to see him differently... even telling him that she’d quit her job. At that moment, I think she finally realized that she was wrong for taking the job... 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTS with SKJ

Posted by kbs - love these scenes of NS3 looking for love & friendship. 

The bts that was posted on V live 

3 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

You must be seeing something in Shin Se Kyung and her acting that myself and many others don’t see in her one facial expression. It’s fine to not like GSY’s acting/shows, but it’s another thing to insult her as a person based on traits of the character she is portraying. That’s what I got from your previous post anyway, apologies if I misunderstood. GSY is obviously not Meryl Streep, but imo it’s a bit premature to write her off as someone who fails to render depth in a role based on 6 episodes which she has few screentime in. She is far from being the worst actress ever. You might as well just say you don’t like Gong Seung Yeon herself and call it a day. My two cents. 

you are getting it wrong - I'm am criticizing her acting abilities - or lack thereof. I am not interested in her personality or her traits. It's her interpretation and portrayal of the character and her acting abilities that I am not enjoying. As for Shin Se Kyung - as mentioned - you have to understand CONGRUENCY. Shin Se Kyung is good at portraying herself. So regardless of how bad her acting skills are, her authentic nature somehow manages to express itself WITHIN the drama with or without effort. I woudn't cast SSK in a pitiful heroine drama or any other more serious dramas that require serious acting skills either. But at least some of her true essence is being conveyed through some of her dramas. A good producer or director would know how to identify and exploit that too in their actors. Whomever this chick is - it ain't happening in this drama - that is BAD for a lead actress role. 

I don't know if I m only one hoping this , but I really hope human namshin to wake up soon, not because I don't like NS3 (I love him) but I want to see human nam shin in action too! Sure NS3 is there but he is PROTECTING his human partner's seat. I want to see both of them protecting their own places, their own selves. I don't want NS3 to do all the work only to see NS becoming the CEO of PK as well as the one throwing Seo in jail for murdering his father. I don't want human NS to die after all the years he has spent in agony and despair (I m sure he tried countless times to run away , source teaser of grandpa). Also I really want to see how NS lived in korea that he became arrogant and cold most importantly his relation with Assistant Ji. I want to see both NS and NS3 work together. I know he will wake up but when?? I want to see this scene!!!

7 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I almost didn't write this because in truth I don't think her acting or her life needs to be defended by someone like me.

any actor/actress worth a whit should have the cajones to suck up any criticism and use it to hone their skills. They have chosen a career path that puts them directly in front of the world to be judged and praised regardless of which direction it takes. Paying blind homage is not helpful - it is actually quite harmful as the person who is flattered constantly by the throng might really believe they are actually being seen when the truth is that ALL is projection unless one can really see without prejudice and/or favor. But that last sentence is way beyond what this forum is for.

23 minutes ago, mundane9 said:

you are getting it wrong - I'm am criticizing her acting abilities - or lack thereof. I am not interested in her personality or her traits. It's her interpretation and portrayal of the character and her acting abilities that I am not enjoying. As for Shin Se Kyung - as mentioned - you have to understand CONGRUENCY. Shin Se Kyung is good at portraying herself. So regardless of how bad her acting skills are, her authentic nature somehow manages to express itself WITHIN the drama with or without effort. I woudn't cast SSK in a pitiful heroine drama or any other more serious dramas that require serious acting skills either. But at least some of her true essence is being conveyed through some of her dramas. A good producer or director would know how to identify and exploit that too in their actors. Whomever this chick is - it ain't happening in this drama - that is BAD for a lead actress role. 

Are we talking about the same Shin Se Kyung here? lol. If you mean LEE SUNG KYUNG who actually was in Doctors, I'd get what you're trying to convey, but SSK is another story entirely. Again, you have your opinion, I have mine, and we're just going to keep circling if this continues so let's just stop here. 

Moderator’s note : 

i think we should move on with regards to GSY’s acting skills. Point noted & taken on those who like or dislike her acting skills. She’s the main actress  who will take on a large chunk of the screen time of what is already a pre-produced drama. For the peace of this thread & the enjoyment of everyone here:

1.  Let’s  not bring in other actors or actresses unrelated to the drama

2. No actor / actress bashing allowed as per Soompi rules. 

There was a hint about the ending in a naver article

Spoiler

NS3 won't die.

The director said he tried his best to not make it disappointing. (well I certainly hope it isn't! haha)

Re: the kiss scenes: the one where So Bong makes the first move is definitely NS3 because of his posture imo.

On DC gal I saw a few fans speculating whether human NS will cosplay as NS3 when he wakes up lol...they think the second kiss is either NS or NS pretending to be NS3. (but also NS3 is super good at pretending to be NS when it counts so...)

Why are Mondays so far away ...I need to know what happens. :o

8 hours ago, nateko said:

While we're waiting for Monday to come, I'm gonna post some goodies I found at Korean websites. 

Take a closer look at Nam Shin's home. Looks neat.

Hide contents

The third image was used in a drama before. If I am not mistaken, "I remember you" drama. Did I get the title right? It was Jang Nara's room. I remember she got attacked inside that room (she was a detective then).

7 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

You must be seeing something in Shin Se Kyung and her acting that myself and many others don’t see in her one facial expression. It’s fine to not like GSY’s acting/shows, but it’s another thing to insult her as a person based on traits of the character she is portraying. That’s what I got from your previous post anyway, apologies if I misunderstood. GSY is obviously not Meryl Streep, but imo it’s a bit premature to write her off as someone who fails to render depth in a role based on 6 episodes which she has few screentime in. She is far from being the worst actress ever. You might as well just say you don’t like Gong Seung Yeon herself and call it a day. My two cents. 

YOu are right - my bad - I said SSK when I meant LSK - both of whom I perceive are limited in their acting abilities and rely on their cuteness factor for appeal. But part of what sorta redeems them in SOME dramas is when they pick roles that fit their personality type and/or depth. The actress in this movie to me just doent cut it for this role

17 hours ago, anipanch said:

So far, the things are definitely looking like that: SB will fall in love NSIII. This plotline seems a little boring and old fashioned for me. I'd prefer something like a good friendship, since the love just go futile. No matter what, a robot falling in love is just too much: love isn't a feeling that can be put through mathematic formulas. Granted, NSIII seems to be learning and reflecting everything he sees humans doing. So there's a chance for him to start acting the way SB will just because he is a robot and has the ability to adapt quickly but that doesn't mean that he will feel a real love, it will be a projection of SB's love and nothing more...

As for the fact that he misses his mom, imo it's because he was programmed to love his mom and he really does. I feel so bad for NSIII, because at this point everyone is using him, even Laura and that's so heartbreaking. Be it robot or not, he was created a perfect replica of a human and still has the ability to asses things.

Finally, the case of human NS - i'll be the most disappointed if they decide to make it so that he is a real good guy and suddenly falls in love with SB and tadaam here's a happy ending, who even cares about NSIII. No, no and no - NSIII is the real main character here, I want to see his character arc and hope to end it on a happy note - which for me doesn't involve romance for this drama

The thing here is, it's a struggle to watch a drama like this. We like the characters (not fully but in general), we like the plot (at some point), but if we start to really love the story there goes the love lines which are quite impossible to cheer on completely because we are talking about robots here. It's like, "I like him but I can't love him'. 'He likes me but we can't be together after all' so it's all pointless if we entertain the thought on loving. I am hurting too to see his mom telling him that she needs to stay at his side and can't go home yet, and the hardest part to watch when he told his mom, "I am Sin too umma". I just can't... with that scene. It was so heartbreaking. And when she told him, "let's go home sometime soon". It's a lot like lie. I mean it would've been less painful if she tells him she can't go home anytime soon coz she doesn't know when her real son will wake up. With that at least he can assess himself that his mom is too busy with the real son and that he needs to wait a little longer for her to see him again. I mean it's real hard to get hurt like this when I can't completely sympathize with NS3 because he is really just a robot. It sounds so degrading, right? I can't put in into the right words though. But it's hard to feel bad for a machine. You know that kind of feeling? I am kinda restraining myself to cheer him for SB when I know there's a real human out there but in coma. When he wakes up and I am all for NS3 and SB and human Shin will take her away from him. It would hurt more. I like romance in this but if NS3 goes more kind then it's gonna be a big prob for me. How can I ship SB with the real human when NS3 is the great one for her. it's hard. And Seo Kangjoon's damn great face is not helping at all. My poor human heart. :(

13 hours ago, darr said:

Her character is one of the best written ones that portrays what we really are and pass through every day.

She want a short cut to riches cos she believed money answered to everything like most of us do. She is lonely and want at least a hug from anybody that cares. She is also not a pushover and a smart but intelligent young lady.

When others were busy crying and rushing out in that fire inferno, look at the first thing she did. On the fire alarm next to her and dipped some tissue papers inside water. I wouldn't have done that. And she isn't slow. Very sharp minded and a risk taker too with all the human mistakes u can ever think off. I love how her character was written. 

Hope u can view it from this angle. 

As humans we all must have our flaws. That's why I don't feel comfortable anytime I see a character written as flawless. It only can happen in drama land  anyway

Yes. I agree. Her character is the real time human's traits. The character is that of a strong human that keeps surviving thru and thru each day of his/her life. In this life what she really wanted and has been longing for is the pure care she can get. She longs for something that her own dad isn't giving. But I understand her dad too. He wanted her to get stronger coz it's not always rainbows and unicorns but it's survival. She may have failed in the past, she must get up and face each day again with stronger heart and mind so she can't be dragged by anyone who thinks she's low.

3 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I don't know if I m only one hoping this , but I really hope human namshin to wake up soon, not because I don't like NS3 (I love him) but I want to see human nam shin in action too! Sure NS3 is there but he is PROTECTING his human partner's seat. I want to see both of them protecting their own places, their own selves. I don't want NS3 to do all the work only to see NS becoming the CEO of PK as well as the one throwing Seo in jail for murdering his father. I don't want human NS to die after all the years he has spent in agony and despair (I m sure he tried countless times to run away , source teaser of grandpa). Also I really want to see how NS lived in korea that he became arrogant and cold most importantly his relation with Assistant Ji. I want to see both NS and NS3 work together. I know he will wake up but when?? I want to see this scene!!!

Reveal hidden contents

oh yes! I want that as well so badly!!!

I want him to work his part too. It's quite bad if NS3 does all the works that human Shin is supposed to do. We need to see how he has become that cold-hearted man. And I wonder why Mr Ji keeps protecting human Shin. He is shady for me. His motives aren't clear for now.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 PM KST
4 hours ago, chantaljaey said:

And I wonder why Mr Ji keeps protecting human Shin. He is shady for me. His motives aren't clear for now.

Remember his character trailer, one of his line that stood out to me was “As long as I’m useful to Shin, it doesn’t matter... even if he doesn’t forgive me”. I don’t think he is a bad guy, he just has a lot of secrets.

btw NS3 plays piano too y’all. 

Spoiler

there’s a fan taken pic of SB+NS3 on a date(?) SKJ can actually play so he’s not faking it.

4 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

Remember his character trailer, one of his line that stood out to me was “As long as I’m useful to Shin, it doesn’t matter... even if he doesn’t forgive me”. I don’t think he is a bad guy, he just has a lot of secrets.

btw NS3 plays piano too y’all. 

Hide contents

there’s a fan taken pic of SB+NS3 on a date(?) SKJ can actually play so he’s not faking it.

Could he be a robot too? Mr Ji? Who knows, his dad that's presumed dead? or just missing created an AI who can watch over his son human Shin since he can't trust anyone in the company.

39 minutes ago, chantaljaey said:

Could he be a robot too? Mr Ji? Who knows, his dad that's presumed dead? or just missing created an AI who can watch over his son human Shin since he can't trust anyone in the company.

He is not a robot. Not sure how reliable this info I read is, but basically he was an orphan brought up by PK group backing.

Also I read a tidbit on the KBS website that maybe answers why he protects NS so much: he saw himself in Shin, pretending he was comfortable and okay being alone but in reality he was lonely and yearned for affection. No matter what trouble Shin caused/got into, he can’t hate him. JYH seems cold on the surface but his warmth will slowly come out.

I hope they go more into detail on his backstory because it’s interesting....

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 10:00 PM KST
5 hours ago, nateko said:

Some more spoilers.  :ph34r: (I'm not sure if these have been posted before, if yes then sorry)

Reveal hidden contents

w7QOBZs.jpg

sYihSa8.jpg

b8QWDCf.jpg

p6S7Kkw.jpg

credits: dc gallery

Haha, I don't think it was posted here but I've seen this before.. they're wearing the same outfits in the promo pic  in falling snowwhere 

Spoiler

SB is backhugging NS3 and she looks sad .... is it from the ending?? :dissapointed_relieved:

Like I mentioned before, NS has no excuse for his horrible actions, but his story is so sad .... I hope he gets a happy ending.

Below is a tidbit somewhat explaining why he's so rough...

Spoiler

It's not that he doesn't think of others.

It's for himself, the terribly pitiful and lonely person you don't see on the outside.

If he's not the best he's useless, it's better to be powerful,

receiving threats and provocation from his grandfather

and only raised to be PK group's successor, and not as a beloved grandson,

his heart slowly became numb.

In order to live like a real person, he wants to escape.

He'll give up the 3rd generation chaebol title.

No, he will throw it away one way or another.

Because that title that people like Director Seo desperately want 

is just a shackle to him , keeping him torn from his loved ones.

[[I'm guessing this below quote is when he wakes up and sees NS3 in front of him?]]

"You look exactly like me. What exactly are you?"

"Something is happening to me right now right?"

Archived