[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, chantaljaey said:

Yes! I love it! I remember a professor of mine said the same thing.

Everyone of us is selfish. It's just a matter on how we deal with it.

Yes. I love Lee Joonhyuk too! The bromance is goals~ I like it!!! 

I like NS3 because he is surely smart (well, surely he will be.. LOL). Mr Seo will have a great time in dealing with his frustrations about not getting rid of his enemy, NS! I hope when human NS wakes up he will be as strong in character as NS3. It's quite unfair for NS3 when she falls for him only to find out that he is just a robot. And human NS will eventually come and get her heart. Poor our gorgeous robot! :expressionless:

I don't think that SB will fall in love with NS, rather with NS3. First, he will be her personal assistant, later her friend and then her boyfriend. NS3 is the first one who hugged her and complimented her which she never received from her own dad. She will help him to defend his interests as the mother is more focused on NS. She created NS3 as a replacement hence she gave him the same name. At some point, NS3 will have to get his own name in order to exist for himself and be the surrogate of NS.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 KST
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading a few pages back and re-reading my own posts made me realize that I have already watched Kangjoon in the past aside from Roommate. He was Baek In Ho in Cheese In The Trap drama with Hae Jin and Go Eun too! Also with Lee Sung Kyung as his sister in there. His character there was daebak as well! Seo Kangjoon you gorgeous man! 

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think that SB will fall in love with NS, rather with NS3. First, he will be her personal assistant, later her friend and then her boyfriend. NS3 is the first one who hugged her and complimented her which she never received from her own dad. She will help him to defend his interests as the mother is more focused on NS. She created NS3 as a replacement hence she gave him the same name. At some point, NS3 will have to get his own name in order to exist for himself and be the surrogate of NS.

It's gonna hurt more if he becomes her BF (serious not pretending). Not unless if they make a twist and make him human. Anything could happen you know. But who knows human NS will be a better character than NS3. Although this drama focuses on NS3 more.

Just now, chantaljaey said:

It's gonna hurt more if he becomes her BF (serious not pretending). Not unless if they make a twist and make him human. Anything could happen you know. But who knows human NS will be a better character than NS3. Although this drama focuses on NS3 more.

Well, in different movies, writers came up with the idea that robots could become independent and even have their own feelings, like Blade Runner. In Blade Runner 2, the android had even a child with a human. In Terminator, the robots decided to get rid of the humans. As you can see, in these movies the robots were so developped that they escape the control of their creators. 

On 13/06/2018 at 2:46 PM, aisling said:

Sadly that’s my main problem with this show too - directing and cinematography, even OST is great, but script is not so good and some of actors are irritating. I really liked Gong Seung Yeon in Circle but her character here is... quite shouty. 

My heart’s already aching for NS3, how many people will betray him... this is going to be really difficult to watch.

Agree with both your points. The writing is lacking in a lot of places.  All the scenes in the hospital had me rolling my eyes especially the utterly ridiculous scene with the Mr Seo just marching into the OR.

I know what you mean about NSIII. I was not expecting to get this attached to the character already.  Seo Kang Joon is doing such a good job!:cry:

On 13/06/2018 at 3:06 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@nateko Well, this scene was cute but also made me feel sorry for NS3 because you can see that he would like to have a friend but he has no one. This scene underlined his loneliness.

On 13/06/2018 at 3:12 PM, nateko said:

@bebebisous33 Yea, I thought so too. There was actually another scene in episode 3 or 4, where NSIII came home and greeted the little robot cleaner with a "Hello friend". That scene felt while cute was even more heartbreaking. I felt his loneliness through the screen.

:bawling: NS III is just breaking my heart.  Please let So Bong redeem herself soon and become someone he can trust.

On 15/06/2018 at 3:18 AM, butterflyeffect said:

I gave it a shot... please feel free to correct me.

"When I casted the character of Ji Young Hoon, I wanted two things. The first was stable acting ability that could support Seo Kang Joon, and boldness that wouldn't be intimidated by Yu Oh Seong, Park Young Gyu, and Kim Seong Ryoung when coming face to face with them. On the other hand, I hoped for a vulnerability that seemed like it could break through in that kind of situation. Ji Young Hoon is a character in a position who could swallow PK group if he put his mind to it, and I wanted an actor with that kind of feel. I thought LJH was the best actor who could show us strength and worry at the same time, and he showed us that through his acting"

The director was saying LJH has a real/human-like handsomeness compared to SKJ, not dissing him, just a different kind of handsomeness.

I guess we'll get some more info and background on LJH's character eventually and maybe it will change my opinion but right now I don't like him.  I don't understand his loyalty to Human NS or why he lets these people treat him like crap.  I was hoping we would get a bromance but I hate the way he treats NSIII.  I'm definitely not on the Ye Line for this drama lol!

2 hours ago, chantaljaey said:

So far, the things are definitely looking like that: SB will fall in love NSIII. This plotline seems a little boring and old fashioned for me. I'd prefer something like a good friendship, since the love just go futile. No matter what, a robot falling in love is just too much: love isn't a feeling that can be put through mathematic formulas. Granted, NSIII seems to be learning and reflecting everything he sees humans doing. So there's a chance for him to start acting the way SB will just because he is a robot and has the ability to adapt quickly but that doesn't mean that he will feel a real love, it will be a projection of SB's love and nothing more...

As for the fact that he misses his mom, imo it's because he was programmed to love his mom and he really does. I feel so bad for NSIII, because at this point everyone is using him, even Laura and that's so heartbreaking. Be it robot or not, he was created a perfect replica of a human and still has the ability to asses things.

Finally, the case of human NS - i'll be the most disappointed if they decide to make it so that he is a real good guy and suddenly falls in love with SB and tadaam here's a happy ending, who even cares about NSIII. No, no and no - NSIII is the real main character here, I want to see his character arc and hope to end it on a happy note - which for me doesn't involve romance for this drama

5 hours ago, mundane9 said:

for ex. she doesn't QUESTION WHY she is getting paid handsomely to spy on someone - which then also makes her a DUMB TWIT.

That's not true. She DOES discuss the "why" with the journalist, in a scene, and they know that the Director is up to something that isn't related to his daughter.

19 hours ago, mundane9 said:

I can't stomach this show. The female lead is TOTALLY UNLIKEABLE. This is so unlike typical kdramas where there is something likable about the female lead. Unfortunately,  they picked the wrong female lead who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING pleasant about her - and no redeeming qualities. She would qualify as a second lead at best. It has an interesting storyline - too bad the leading female is well..... not good enough.

Her character is one of the best written ones that portrays what we really are and pass through every day.

She want a short cut to riches cos she believed money answered to everything like most of us do. She is lonely and want at least a hug from anybody that cares. She is also not a pushover and a smart but intelligent young lady.

When others were busy crying and rushing out in that fire inferno, look at the first thing she did. On the fire alarm next to her and dipped some tissue papers inside water. I wouldn't have done that. And she isn't slow. Very sharp minded and a risk taker too with all the human mistakes u can ever think off. I love how her character was written. 

Hope u can view it from this angle. 

As humans we all must have our flaws. That's why I don't feel comfortable anytime I see a character written as flawless. It only can happen in drama land  anyway

6 hours ago, anipanch said:

So far, the things are definitely looking like that: SB will fall in love NSIII. This plotline seems a little boring and old fashioned for me. I'd prefer something like a good friendship, since the love just go futile. No matter what, a robot falling in love is just too much: love isn't a feeling that can be put through mathematic formulas. Granted, NSIII seems to be learning and reflecting everything he sees humans doing. So there's a chance for him to start acting the way SB will just because he is a robot and has the ability to adapt quickly but that doesn't mean that he will feel a real love, it will be a projection of SB's love and nothing more...

As for the fact that he misses his mom, imo it's because he was programmed to love his mom and he really does. I feel so bad for NSIII, because at this point everyone is using him, even Laura and that's so heartbreaking. Be it robot or not, he was created a perfect replica of a human and still has the ability to asses things.

Finally, the case of human NS - i'll be the most disappointed if they decide to make it so that he is a real good guy and suddenly falls in love with SB and tadaam here's a happy ending, who even cares about NSIII. No, no and no - NSIII is the real main character here, I want to see his character arc and hope to end it on a happy note - which for me doesn't involve romance for this drama

I don't want to see NS3 lose everything in the end too. I want a happy ending for him. Not an open one but really a happy ending. I feel like (for now) I am more concern on NS3 than human Shin. If I were to say it now, I wish them three to have a satisfactorily good ending. I want SB to get to know NS3 first so that when she meets human Shin again and would feel attached to him because of what NS3 did to her (good things) it would be fair enough for NS3. If ever they would change his (NS3) settings and attach an 'emotion mode' then maybe.. we can only hope. Maybe they can be together. That is if human Shin don't get involved.

20 hours ago, mundane9 said:

I can't stomach this show. The female lead is TOTALLY UNLIKEABLE. This is so unlike typical kdramas where there is something likable about the female lead. Unfortunately,  they picked the wrong female lead who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING pleasant about her - and no redeeming qualities. She would qualify as a second lead at best. It has an interesting storyline - too bad the leading female is well..... not good enough.

fullsizephoto915324.jpgce9ad161-4a05-432c-a315-1942dc2e2a0a.jpgdramas-kimchi-are-you-human-too-female-l  That's the beauty of drama everyone doesn't see or feel the same.

What I am a about to write will not only seem that I am prejudice it will prove that I am.  For I am not only a fan, I am a HUGE fan. Not just in the characters in which she has played but even more in the human being that she is in reality.  Yet  please let me say I can respect a persons view without agreeing with them.  Just as I can like or not like a character without attacking the life of whom that actor or actress is in reality.  GSY isn't playing who she is in reality she is transforming herself into the character not as she wills it but as it is written by the author that penned it and created the character itself...

I almost didn't write this because in truth I don't think her acting or her life needs to be defended by someone like me.  Then I heard a voice in my past who can't write this today say it's the little things we do that make a difference.  Whether she is liked or unliked in this drama is up to you.  To me her body fit the character and there is no doubt that the characters flaws are seen crystal clear.  In only 4 episodes she is able to focus so well that even her emotions can be seen and felt within her eyes alone...

You may not like the character she is playing but I beg to differ with you about the actress GSY.  It's hard to keep this short when there is so much that could be said. 

Here is reality at it's best!

On the Brownie Ship thread here on Soompi there was a girl who wrote on that thread daily she was young and always so cheerful through her words and ability to inspire those of us around her.  Day's, Months and even almost a year went by without us ever realizing she was writing from a hospital bed most of the time and sometimes on good days from her room at home.  Needless to say when she was getting worse her dream was to meet and see GSY in person.  Her family tried to give her that last wish but during the trip in Korea she got much worse and they had to return.  Still not bringing any attention to herself or the situation GSY sends her a personal message and also would have been willing to meet her.  You can't imagine and I cannot express it fully or show you all the joy that it gave @kenxynth and her family.  Not to mention those of us here who knew her...

One simple act of kindness by an actress that kept it quiet because she didn't want it to be about her.  An act that gave happiness and hope to my sweet chingu just when she needed it most.  Not something I read in some magazine or heard about in the news but something that happened right here.   It's alright to judge a character but please be careful when you judge a persons life or heart in their reality.  For I am a REAL witness that you may not know or see all the beauty that lies within.  My sadness that I am sharing this instead of kenxynth today, but she is in a better place. Where she is free from all sickness and feels no more pain  She would have said it much better than I, but when I read what was said about GSY and in remembering kenxynth I had to at least try...

I hope the mods can forgive that some of this is off topic but I hope they can understand me too:heart:usafarmgirl

Who's to say NS3 will lose everything? The show keeps referring to him having no heart/emotions so I'm guessing/hoping he will develop by the ending. Since we're already suspending tons of logic for this show, I think we can afford to suspend a little more that this is possible (lol). If I recall correctly, the director said there are 4 variations of Kang Joon's acting , and so far we've only seen 3. Whether the 4th is NS or NS3, we'll have to wait and see but I'm still holding out for an ending where human NS+Mom+NS3 can all be happy.

5 hours ago, darr said:

Her character is one of the best written ones that portrays what we really are and pass through every day.

She want a short cut to riches cos she believed money answered to everything like most of us do. She is lonely and want at least a hug from anybody that cares. She is also not a pushover and a smart but intelligent young lady.

When others were busy crying and rushing out in that fire inferno, look at the first thing she did. On the fire alarm next to her and dipped some tissue papers inside water. I wouldn't have done that. And she isn't slow. Very sharp minded and a risk taker too with all the human mistakes u can ever think off. I love how her character was written. 

Hope u can view it from this angle. 

As humans we all must have our flaws. That's why I don't feel comfortable anytime I see a character written as flawless. It only can happen in drama land  anyway

In reality - I totally can understand about human flaws - but as mentioned in a later post,  a competent actress would be able to depict both flaws and likeability which this actress has absolutely FAILED to do. I do NOT analyze characters - what I do is watch my unanalyzed reaction to the role with respect to the role and wonder why other 'flawed' roles I have watched in the past and why this one is less appealing. I don't TRY to like the lead actor/actress. I just observe my unfiltered reaction and THEN sort out the differences and details. 

13 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

Sorry, this seems like you're blaming Gong Seung Yeon for something out of her control and placing the traits of the character onto her. She worked with what she was given, and imo I don't think people are meant to empathize with So Bong just yet. If you've seen her other roles, you would know she is quite a capable actress. Gong Hyo Jin is a really seasoned actress so I don't think it's fair to compare someone who has been in the industry so much longer than someone who hasn't had many lead roles yet.

Btw Shin Se Kyung is notorious for being a  one-dimensional (horrible) actress and I don't recall her being in Doctors...  lol

You are free to your opinion though, this is just mine. :)

I am an instinctive watcher - I either like an interpretation of a character - likeable or not, or I don't. I have never been attracted to this actress' shows whatsoever. Yes - Shin Se Kyung is quite one dimensional - but she is good at depicting her own personality. That's what many actors do exceptionally well at or rely on - using something that they already are or they will have to' interpret' a role or character - it;s called congruence. Someone who fails to render depth in a role means the person is unable to find congruence within themselves that the collective can sense as authenticity. THAT is what separates a good actress from someone who is just TRYING to act. There is a difference. 

6 minutes ago, nateko said:

Bad news, guys. Episode 9 will be one hour late on Monday and will air at 23:00. No episode on Tuesday due to the FIFA world cup. Just checked KBS schedule on Naver. :crazy:

Damn! And who knows how many episodes are yet to be cancelled due to this damn World Cup the upcoming month. It's so frustrating and depressing.:bawling: This dorama is such an outlet for me at the moment! 

25 minutes ago, mundane9 said:

I am an instinctive watcher - I either like an interpretation of a character - likeable or not, or I don't. I have never been attracted to this actress' shows whatsoever. Yes - Shin Se Kyung is quite one dimensional - but she is good at depicting her own personality. That's what many actors do exceptionally well at or rely on - using something that they already are or they will have to' interpret' a role or character - it;s called congruence. Someone who fails to render depth in a role means the person is unable to find congruence within themselves that the collective can sense as authenticity. THAT is what separates a good actress from someone who is just TRYING to act. There is a difference. 

You must be seeing something in Shin Se Kyung and her acting that myself and many others don’t see in her one facial expression. It’s fine to not like GSY’s acting/shows, but it’s another thing to insult her as a person based on traits of the character she is portraying. That’s what I got from your previous post anyway, apologies if I misunderstood. GSY is obviously not Meryl Streep, but imo it’s a bit premature to write her off as someone who fails to render depth in a role based on 6 episodes which she has few screentime in. She is far from being the worst actress ever. You might as well just say you don’t like Gong Seung Yeon herself and call it a day. My two cents. 

Based on the teasers it seems that we'll have at least two kiss scenes and something tells me they are both with NSIII:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And in this scene, it almost seems like NSIII is so confused with SB, as if no one has ever been this worried about him. 

giphy.gif

Last but not least, a collection of NSIII's lie detector wink:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

credit: as tagged

3 hours ago, nateko said:

Bad news, guys. Episode 9 will be one hour late on Monday and will air at 23:00. No episode on Tuesday due to the FIFA world cup. Just checked KBS schedule on Naver. :crazy:

Please tell me it's not confirm!!!!!!!:bawling:

Archived