[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

I think guys that there may be a happy ending for So Bong and Nam Sin III. Has anyone watched Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner"? In that movie the director also asks us a question: Is Android capable of feeling emotions? And I think that we actually get an clear-cut  answer. 

Spoiler

In "Blade Runner" our hero - Rick Deckard  fell in love with Rachael, who was an Android. At the begining he questioned her feelings for him but in the end he believed that their love is true. In a sequel to this movie - "Blade Runner 2049" it was also revelaed that they had a child. And that's why I believe that Sin can also feel emotions like jealousy, doubt or love. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to JYH, there was an interview that the director did when talking about casting. I googled translated & I think the jisc I got was that : 

1. Seo Kang Joon was praised for his “unrealistic “( probably means other worldly ) & handsome appearance 

2. And why he chose lee Jun Hyuk 

( See if you can make sense of this :lol:) .Im guessing he had to cast someone who could be able to take down PK group ?  

Original article here . Maybe someone who can read , might be able to translate 

This is the Google translate 

A705479B-B9F8-4BAB-B6E2-7D1135714DE4.jpeg

2 hours ago, triplem said:

With regards to JYH, there was an interview that the director did when talking about casting. I googled translated & I think the jisc I got was that : 

1. Seo Kang Joon was praised for his “unrealistic “( probably means other worldly ) & handsome appearance 

2. And why he chose lee Jun Hyuk 

( See if you can make sense of this :lol:) .Im guessing he had to cast someone who could be able to take down PK group ?  

Original article here . Maybe someone who can read , might be able to translate 

I gave it a shot... please feel free to correct me.

"When I casted the character of Ji Young Hoon, I wanted two things. The first was stable acting ability that could support Seo Kang Joon, and boldness that wouldn't be intimidated by Yu Oh Seong, Park Young Gyu, and Kim Seong Ryoung when coming face to face with them. On the other hand, I hoped for a vulnerability that seemed like it could break through in that kind of situation. Ji Young Hoon is a character in a position who could swallow PK group if he put his mind to it, and I wanted an actor with that kind of feel. I thought LJH was the best actor who could show us strength and worry at the same time, and he showed us that through his acting"

The director was saying LJH has a real/human-like handsomeness compared to SKJ, not dissing him, just a different kind of handsomeness.

Micro-fanfic

^_^

At the airport, waiting to board a flight to Incheon.

David (smirking): -Should we fill in a customs declaration?
Oh Ro Ra (smiling nervously): -No way.

David: -But our son IS indeed a valuable item... Should we put a "Made in Czech Rep." label on him? Maybe in a not-so-obvious place, if we don't want to get caught... Male parts? (jiggling)

Oh Ro Ra (pissed, whispering): -See the security guys over there? Shut Up.

The metal detector gate bursts out screaming like the trumpet of the Last Judgement.

Security officer: "Are you carrying any metallic items, sir?
Namshin III (flashing an innocent smile): -Yessir. Me. I've got some titanium alloy implants...

Security officer (perplexedly looking at the still-screaming MD): -How many, sir?

N3: -153.8 Kg. Basically, I am a "metallic item".

(Panicking, David and Mom rush there, jumping the queue)

SO (puzzled)- Excuse me... sir?

N3: -Yes, but I don't carry any harmful liquids or explosive substances. Only 5.6 liters of certified non-toxic coolant.
SO (still puzzled): -Would you proceed past the gate and get checked by my colleague with the hand-held MD, please?
David (whispering in Ro Ra's ear): -Told ya. We shouldn't have tried using human Shin's passport... 
N3 turns towards his mom, mouthing: "Any problem?"
David: -Are we still in time to check him in as my hand-luggage? I only have a laptop with me...
SO (even more puzzled): -What?
David: -I guess he doesn't meet the volume/weight requirements, does he?
Oh Ro Ra (nervously pushing both David and his son towards the exit, after N3 hacked the system to get through the last check with no further inquiries): -Don't mind'em, officer. They both love cracking jokes...

:tongue:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 PM KST
13 hours ago, crazyyo said:

So NS3 really tried to pull a prank? May be it's writer's way to show that he is learning from humans like deceiving? I m sure he won't use it for bad purpose though

Yes, he did. It was a joke. 

Remember when he was talking with Secretary Ji and he commented: "So you can smile, too..."? He had noticed a flash of the real Ji Young Hoon behind his stoic facade... That's why later he cracked a joke by faking his lie-detecting blink and making fun of Secretary Ji's seriousness.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 KST

Now I can relate to all of you.

Anyways, I like the story coz so far it's not dragging. I like how they saw each other face to face (before human namshin got hit). And I really thought that they would drag the story with the female lead that's so blind that she's been helping a demon. I like it too coz it's the sky house in CAFK. I like about the lie detector and winking parts. It's just funny for me coz the lastime I saw the female lead she was an alien in Circle. But really... Kangjoon as an A.I. really fits perfectly! The first time I saw him I see him as a department store mannequin! LOL XD good genes!

I like Mr. Ji too! I think he's always had a good character. At first he seemed to be an irritating character but then he becomes trustworthy. But for now he has a shady character. He's always had shady characters. I hope he will turn out to be on the good side really. I actually feel pity on Namshin AI. He has no emotions built in but I think he will be a better thing than the human Shin. I feel like he will start to develop some human emotions (which is kinda impossible but hey this is a drama everything is possible! LOL :D) and will eventually get hurt if his mom will keep on attending to the real Shin, the human Shin and would just ignore him. Above all these, Seo Kang Joon rocks this character! I love this man! I knew him in Roommate, I saw him guested in WGM Gong Myung and Hyesung, also in WGM SoLim couple. I love everything he does, the way he made those guys jealous of him. I mean he has a power to make any man get jealous of him if their girl looks at him. Damn... so pretty boy~

I can't stomach this show. The female lead is TOTALLY UNLIKEABLE. This is so unlike typical kdramas where there is something likable about the female lead. Unfortunately,  they picked the wrong female lead who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING pleasant about her - and no redeeming qualities. She would qualify as a second lead at best. It has an interesting storyline - too bad the leading female is well..... not good enough.

7 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Beautiful fan mv by a new youtuber:

@jerboa83 Thanks for always posting these music videos. :blush: I really enjoy watching them since they usually contain the scenes I want to rewatch, plus it's a great way to discover new songs. I really liked this particular video, everything blended so well together and the song is perfect. I can't wait for Monday to come. It's been quite a while since I've been so obsessed with a drama. 

1 hour ago, mundane9 said:

I can't stomach this show. The female lead is TOTALLY UNLIKEABLE. This is so unlike typical kdramas where there is something likable about the female lead. Unfortunately,  they picked the wrong female lead who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING pleasant about her - and no redeeming qualities. She would qualify as a second lead at best. It has an interesting storyline - too bad the leading female is well..... not good enough.

Sorry, but I disagree. She's strong, she can't get easily forced into submission and she doesn't concede defeat, she saved many people in that inferno and she decided to quite her spying job, 'cause she couldn't stomach it anymore and she was starting to see Namshin in a different light. She's a wounded, disillusioned person who never got it easy in life (her mother died, her dream was crushed by other people's greed and she's hungry for all the affection and warmth she's never received). Wait and see: I think that she will surprise you. :wink:

Yes. I dislike her but not enough to hate her. She's a very strong character. Not the typical female lead. I like NS3's innocence with humans. He knows that humans lie but he still can see which human can be redeemed from those lies. I enjoyed and felt satisfied when So Bong went to nag at him on that stage and the next thing he did, hug her because it's a rule if a person cries. And I do think the strongest point here is it is Seo Kangjoon. Because he is the man! Like.. damn.. how can a real human being look that gorgeous! :blush: 

His eyes are too beautiful for the world. And it's not even a lens but his real damn hazel eyes! :wub:

8 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

She's strong, she can't get easily forced into submission and she doesn't concede defeat, she saved many people in that inferno and she decided to quite her spying job, 'cause she couldn't stomach it anymore and she was starting to see Namshin in a different light. She's a wounded, disillusioned person who never got it easy in life (her mother died, her dream was crushed by other people's greed and she's hungry for all the affection and warmth she's never received)

Yes - I agree with you about all those qualities, but a more skillful actress will be able to use her charisma, X-factor or acting skill to transmute and/or transcend the negativity and evoke compassion out of the viewer. For ex. Gong Hyo JIn in It's OKay or Jealousy Incarnate has unlikable qualities in her roles but yet managed to make the role likeable, or Shin Se Kyung managed to do that in Doctors- I really disliked her role in that show and yet one somehow also feel sorry for her. THIS silly actress pretty much is quite 2 dimensional and just comes across as a HARD, tough, poor ENTITLED middle-classer BEREFT of any morals or social skills. WHat is EVEN WORSE - she comes across as bitter, brittle, with NO INSTINCTS WHATSOEVER of being able to sense the good from the bad, for ex. she doesn't QUESTION WHY she is getting paid handsomely to spy on someone - which then also makes her a DUMB TWIT.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, darr said:

Waoh! Splendid! All characters are awesome.

It looks more international but with little bit of the Korean culture to garnish it. 

What makes us human is the selfishness in our coding. That is,who we are. Human beings are naturally selfish.

Oops!  

This hits hard even as I type this.

Yes! I love it! I remember a professor of mine said the same thing.

Everyone of us is selfish. It's just a matter on how we deal with it.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, stargazer187 said:

@triplem

Let me give mine. Just done watching it. I just don't get it why she keep making a fuss of it. I know she was fraud by namshin and that slap is too much and so bad. She got blacklist. NS planned to create a commotion to run away. I know he did it to make it impactful. But that is too much.

Okay, back to the girl character. I know she was treated badly unfair. But that doesn't change the fact that her mistake is gone. She is wrong for taking the bribe to spy on him and steal his pictures while her job is protecting him. Before she takes the job, she knows what is the risk. Like when she comes to the office with the banner demands NS to repent is really ridiculous. Well, he is wrong and so she is. From here, I just don't like how the writer create the events for these two to meet like this.

I can tell that it's going to be, She has a reason and a doubt and will blame it to the wrong NM. Then as they start to get closer to each other, she'll fall for him, unfortunately, the robot which she thought as him. And this seems like going to be Absolute boyfriend 2.0. Is this melodrama??? I don't feel right with this plot. 

Reveal hidden contents

Everytime I see LJH here, can't help not to see him as Ye ssaem. Lol. His look is like that secret forest lawyer but he sounds so calm and mild like Dr. Ye. 

The scene where mom separated from little NS and when she found him dying after so many years. Who's cutting union here, Sobs... So saddd. Each year she follows his development by keep making the robot upgraded like human growth. 

Honestly, what human NS did to her was too much too that the writers could've just come up with another impactful way to show to the public that he is a jerk. A violence is always a big no no, however I felt sympathetic towards human NS. He's really longed for his mom this hard that he had to do anything unpleasant just to be kicked out from his grandpa's hands. It's like he was so desperate to do anything just to ruin his grandpa's reputation or he just does anything just to anger his grandpa for breaking him and his mom apart. As a child being controlled and is forced to be away from the person you dearly love and treasure is very hard of course. That maybe the greatest reason why he has grow into a cold-hearted guy. It's like saying, 'you can control me now but if I get to control the situation you will pay for everything'. And it really happened just that at the expense of others (So Bong). It's quite good for me too that the writers made SB does bad things too so it wouldn't be too unfair for her to get slapped in front of the public.

I was quite bothered as well to see SB spying on him when she was supposed to protect him. I agree they are both wrong and that writers made them meet at such bad circumstances but we'll see how their feelings will grow in the future episodes.

The thing here is when human NS wakes up. It's like when he meets the girl he slapped after a long time. And when the girl gets confused between the human NS and NS3.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:14 PM, jerboa83 said:

Sobong must be shocked and in trance, after seeing him lift that enormous weight to save her, not even caring about the raging fire burning his back. I'd be very confused and in awe like she is, trying to compute what she's just seen. Anyway, part of the scene is shot in slow motion (the first part and the part where the camera moves to show his burnt back), so they don't actually spend THAT long staring at each other, in real time.

Many are saying how could she stare at him in the middle of all that, I think she was really in awe that what she has seen only happens in movies. But really... beign with Kangjoon that close and damn.. he's carrying you? You will be in confusion too! LOL :D my human heart beating for a robot! ROFL :blush:

On 6/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, stargazer187 said:

Same here... hahaha. should I thank the writer for this, for writing him as protagonist character here. 

Oh yes for the bromance! I love how he notice that he can smile. It seems like he feels more comfortable around him, since he's not the NS he knows. 

I hate that fake FIL/Seo team leader. He plot to get rid of NS just like how he did to his dad. I am glad that this time, he'll have a great opponent to defeat. Hahahaha

Agreed. I feel that way too for the romance part. But I can't help to be sad if she knows he is robot. I mean... back to my early question, how can a robot be a human? No matter how i try to believe that the technology sophisticatedly advanced here, how will the writer make a happy ending for this two. If then they make it she will end up with the human NS. It becomes even sadder too. 

Yes. I love Lee Joonhyuk too! The bromance is goals~ I like it!!! 

I like NS3 because he is surely smart (well, surely he will be.. LOL). Mr Seo will have a great time in dealing with his frustrations about not getting rid of his enemy, human NS! I hope when human NS wakes up he will be as strong in character as NS3. It's quite unfair for NS3 when she falls for him only to find out that he is just a robot. And human NS will eventually come and get her heart. Poor our gorgeous robot! :expressionless:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 PM KST
1 hour ago, mundane9 said:

Yes - I agree with you about all those qualities, but a more skillful actress will be able to use her charisma, X-factor or acting skill to transmute and/or transcend the negativity and evoke compassion out of the viewer. For ex. Gong Hyo JIn in It's OKay or Jealousy Incarnate has unlikable qualities in her roles but yet managed to make the role likeable, or Shin Se Kyung managed to do that in Doctors- I really disliked her role in that show and yet one somehow also feel sorry for her. THIS silly actress pretty much is quite 2 dimensional and just comes across as a HARD, tough, poor ENTITLED middle-classer BEREFT of any morals or social skills. WHat is EVEN WORSE - she comes across as bitter, brittle, with NO INSTINCTS WHATSOEVER of being able to sense the good from the bad, for ex. she doesn't QUESTION WHY she is getting paid handsomely to spy on someone - which then also makes her a DUMB TWIT.

Sorry, this seems like you're blaming Gong Seung Yeon for something out of her control and placing the traits of the character onto her. She worked with what she was given, and imo I don't think people are meant to empathize with So Bong just yet. If you've seen her other roles, you would know she is quite a capable actress. Gong Hyo Jin is a really seasoned actress so I don't think it's fair to compare someone who has been in the industry so much longer than someone who hasn't had many lead roles yet.

Btw Shin Se Kyung is notorious for being a  one-dimensional (horrible) actress and I don't recall her being in Doctors...  lol

You are free to your opinion though, this is just mine. :)

Archived