[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

54 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

I found it really interesting how NS3 started to use less formal versions of "I" when referring to himself (has he done that before?) while talking to JYH.. because it's a sign of familiarity, and yet JYH betrayed his trust by lying to him more than once. JYH is obviously not a bad guy, but he clearly has an agenda. Like mom and "dad", I'm very interested to see NS3's development. I keep thinking about all the ways things could happen once NS wakes up... and I think he will in the next few episodes. Hopefully they can co-exist in peace. x_x

I feel JYH’s loyalty lies with human NS. Unlike mum , who may have a mother’s & creator’s affections for NS3, JYH still Sees him nothing more than a machinery. But Lee Jun Hyuk in an interview did say that his character though is very loyal also has his secrets. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:heart: MANSE! This drama is finally getting the rating it deserves in Korea as I know the Koreans will finally realise it wasn't SKJ's fault for slapping SB! 

As a frequent traveller to Seoul, I know that SKJ is very popular among the Koreans at ground level as I mix with the locals a lot.:D

As I've first mentioned, only SKJ and his "hypnotizing eyes" can portray NS3 the robbo BEST (I agree with the PD that he has an unrealistic appearance!) and as the plot gathers momentum, I'm getting more into NS3's character. His smirks and smiles are to die for! :) The "yearning looks" he gives his mum (when she ignores him) just breaks my heart as a mum and grandmother. :( I want to cuddle him.

I dont care about the love story but I just dont want NS3 to turn into a MONSTER once the real NS recovers!:ph34r:

Yet to watch but I haven't prayed for ratings the way I prayed for it in this drama.

7.7 and 9.9 and no kiss yet:D

This drama deserves special ratings cos it's so good.

The casts,story, everything are great.

This female lead role was given to Go Ara before and she declined. The babe acting miss hammurai or something like that. She might be regretting this. This is kbs  most expensive production recently and I think that's why lots of oversea entertainment companies are involved to help share the production cost and make profit. 

I want to be different.

I want SB and the human NS to end up.

We can all fantasize but realistically, it's not possible to love and live with a robot as soul mate for the rest of your life.

Robots are meant to aid humans. Humans are superior to robots. So our robot is made to help NS and that was the purpose of its creation.We will all love him later when he tries to redeem his image. Humans will still be humans at the end of the day.

I love N3 too but I don't want to have a heart break

30 minutes ago, triplem said:

I feel JYH’s loyalty lies with human NS. Unlike mum , who may have a mother’s & creator’s affections for NS3, JYH still Sees him nothing more than a machinery. But Lee Jun Hyuk in an interview did say that his character though is very loyal also has his secrets. 

Oohh right..and YH is indeed mysterious. To clarify though, I meant the part where he says “Shin is more important to me than myself”, and NS3 catches him in a lie but plays it off as a joke. That kind of raised question marks for me like..how far does his loyalty go and what exactly is he hiding...haha

31 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

:heart: MANSE! This drama is finally getting the rating it deserves in Korea as I know the Koreans will finally realise it wasn't SKJ's fault for slapping SB! 

As a frequent traveller to Seoul, I know that SKJ is very popular among the Koreans at ground level as I mix with the locals a lot.:D

As I've first mentioned, only SKJ and his "hypnotizing eyes" can portray NS3 the robbo BEST and as the plot gathers momentum, I'm getting more into NS3's character. His smirks and smiles are to die for! :) The "yearning looks" he gives his mum (when she ignores him) just breaks my heart as a mum and grandmother. :( I want to cuddle him.

I dont care about the love story but I just dont want NS3 to turn into a MONSTER once the real NS recovers!:ph34r:

That guy is something else. I saw his picture during shooting and  became a fan instantly without watching yet. He said that pub was actually destroyed by fire during interview. GSY reduced weight for the role too. I have missed great drama so much. The chairman is a fantastic actor. See how he is portraying his memory loss effortlessly. He even got me confused sometimes.

15 minutes ago, darr said:

This female lead role was given to Go Ara before and she declined. The babe acting miss hammurai or something like that. She might be regretting this. 

I don’t think she’s regretting it. Miss Hammurabi is (from what I’ve heard) popular domestically and doing great in ratings (4-5%), which is high for cable channels like JTBC. I think she was ranked 1st in popularity last week before a whole bunch of new dramas were added.

38 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

Oohh right..and YH is indeed mysterious. To clarify though, I meant the part where he says “Shin is more important to me than myself”, and NS3 catches him in a lie but plays it off as a joke. That kind of raised question marks for me like..how far does his loyalty go and what exactly is he hiding...haha

Oh I agree . He is not as one tracked as it seems. This drama has some pretty interesting characters. For example, Seo seems outright bad, but he has a very loving relationship with his daughter. So I like that they do give some layers to the main cast . 

Am I the ONLY one which thinks that JYH may be interested in SB too? Let's give our stoic JYH (I want to see LJH's romantic side after seeing him in House of Bluebird and A Poem A Day) a loveline as the real NS will be married off to his fiance when he has fully recovered. :D

It is very unrealistic for our NS3 to get be in a relationship with SB afterall. Hopefully NS3 accepts his position in the end and not turn NASTY! :angry:

53 minutes ago, maplinh said:

I don’t think she’s regretting it. Miss Hammurabi is (from what I’ve heard) popular domestically and doing great in ratings (4-5%), which is high for cable channels like JTBC. I think she was ranked 1st in popularity last week before a whole bunch of new dramas were added.

That is good to know.I will look into it after this drama has finished airing.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, maplinh said:

That is good to know.I will look into it after this drama has finished airing.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the ONLY one which thinks that JYH may be interested in SB too? Let's give our stoic JYH (I want to see LJH's romantic side after seeing him in House of Bluebird and A Poem A Day) a loveline as the real NS will be married off to his fiance when he has fully recovered. :D

It is very unrealistic for our NS3 to get be in a relationship with SB afterall. Hopefully NS3 accepts his position in the end and not turn NASTY! :angry:

It's not possible for NS to marry his fiancee. A girl the father want u dead and take over your family company?

I'm even hoping JYH shouldn't turn to the bad side later. 

2 hours ago, darr said:

I want to be different.

I want SB and the human NS to end up.

We can all fantasize but realistically, it's not possible to love and live with a robot as soul mate for the rest of your life.

Robots are meant to aid humans. Humans are superior to robots. So our robot is made to help NS and that was the purpose of its creation.We will all love him later when he tries to redeem his image. Humans will still be humans at the end of the day.

I love N3 too but I don't want to have a heart break

I definitely understand why people want SB with the human NS, I'm not fully against it either but so far I'm on NSIII's side. 
The bold part I would agree with if only our robot was only an artificial being obeying its programming. At the end of the day, that's what we call robots and that's how we've seen them in real life.
I think this drama raises some very interesting question by making NSIII ultimately a sentient being that can feel emotions. 
If you think about it, the main things that make humans superior are the brain/mind and feelings. If so, then NSIII has it all. 
Obviously, his 'brain' is superior to humans, but he can analyse information, situations and people and make his own humanlike judgment. 
Plus he can also feel emotions, maybe on a more basic level, but the ability is still there. 
At this point, even his creator doesn't know how he 'works'. The doctor said that he's can't believe there's a robot that 'grows'. 
The mom said that "the things that happen in the trigeminal nerve can never be known for sure". 
While she did create his core with electronic parts, we were shown how the muscles, nerves and tissues grew on that metallic core. 
He's basically only partially robot. So what exactly makes him a lesser thing if he's a sentient being with emotions and he's self-evolving just like humans.
Personally, it doesn't sit well with me that I have to treat a being with feelings like a thing to use or just a robot made for our disposal.
While the word robot does fit NSIII's description, the definition is honestly lacking in this particular case. Anything that has feelings is not something I can consider as just simply a thing. 
This is also why the way everyone treats him like a thing and disregards his wants and need has been pissing me off so very much. 
It's also why I can't see any bromance between NSIII and JYH.

1 hour ago, nateko said:

I definitely understand why people want SB with the human NS, I'm not fully against it either but so far I'm on NSIII's side. 
The bold part I would agree with if only our robot was only an artificial being obeying its programming. At the end of the day, that's what we call robots and that's how we've seen them in real life.
I think this drama raises some very interesting question by making NSIII ultimately a sentient being that can feel emotions. 
If you think about it, the main things that make humans superior are the brain/mind and feelings. If so, then NSIII has it all. 
Obviously, his 'brain' is superior to humans, but he can analyse information, situations and people and make his own humanlike judgment. 
Plus he can also feel emotions, maybe on a more basic level, but the ability is still there. 
At this point, even his creator doesn't know how he 'works'. The doctor said that he's can't believe there's a robot that 'grows'. 
The mom said that "the things that happen in the trigeminal nerve can never be known for sure". 
While she did create his core with electronic parts, we were shown how the muscles, nerves and tissues grew on that metallic core. 
He's basically only partially robot. So what exactly makes him a lesser thing if he's a sentient being with emotions and he's self-evolving just like humans.
Personally, it doesn't sit well with me that I have to treat a being with feelings like a thing to use or just a robot made for our disposal.
While the word robot does fit NSIII's description, the definition is honestly lacking in this particular case. Anything that has feelings is not something I can consider as just simply a thing. 
This is also why the way everyone treats him like a thing and disregards his wants and need has been pissing me off so very much. 
It's also why I can't see any bromance between NSIII and JYH.

I agree with you. This drama is interesting because it brings the concept of 'lesser being'. Essentially the mum and JYH see him as a robot. The thought of the robot being capable of 'feelings' and expressing his wants make us ponder if Namshin 3 is any less of a being just based on the fact that he is artificially created. And If SB develops feelings for him, it will definitely be a lot of inner struggle on her part. Are we capable of loving a 'robot'. And it is interesting that some of you bring up the point that NamShin 3 will turn rouge. Possible. But i also see him as wanting to claim his 'rightful place' and be considered just as important. He is starting to express his feelings and starting to rebel. It would be interesting how this works out. 

@nateko, I wouldn't want to agree on most of the points u raised especially his brain being superior to humans. No, human brains are superior to his. Remember, human programmed it to do all those things. The day the human is tired of having him around, she knows where to touch and it will simply become a toy to play around with.

Let me go deeper into this.

Recently, there is a wave for intimate robotic toys for men and women.some were programmed to call the owners name intimately,hold or touch the same way. At the end of the day,no matter how emotional we want them to be, they are still robots.

How can we want N3 to be with SB when they can't procreate or was that taken care of? Will they ever do it?  That robot might not have a John thomas. I think in N3 case,he will want to reach a level he was not meant to reach and that is when the creators will see the foolishness of their action (I hope it doesnt). U can make a robot to aid u but not to replace it as that human u can not have around u. Makes no sense. And that comes to the greediness of humans again. Everybody around him seems to be greedy of one thing or the other.

If SB accepts him,what of the society and her people? There are many questions that will make it impossible for them to have a happily ever after.

He is already integrating and loving the feelings. 

What of if he want freedom in the end to live like humans? The two scientists might have created a monster too.

Sorry to interrupt your analysis everyone, just want to share some gifs.

54954004-_FFEE-4741-9_D18-18_F291_B70052

5240_BF3_A-_ABC8-48_B7-9798-96716802_A21

80_BA32_AB-_DBA6-4098-8_BB3-_F8_F54_F990

This is my first drama with SKJ and now I finally get it why he was cast... his features are probably as perfect as human can get, so naturally playing a polished android seems logical. To me he’s so pretty to the point when it’s even distracting from his acting :lol:

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Sorry to interrupt your analysis everyone, just want to share some gifs.

This is my first drama with SKJ and now I finally get it why he was cast... his features are probably as perfect as human can get, so naturally playing a polished android seems logical. To me he’s so pretty to the point when it’s even distracting from his acting :lol:

I've never watched Seo Kang Joon before this drama but I am so impressed with his performance. His acting as Nam Shin III is carrying the drama for me. 

I realised after yesterday's episode that aside from NS3 I find every other character unlikeable and unsympathetic. Actually I quite like David but that's about it.

I know it is the central idea of  the drama that the robot is more human than the humans but I hope the writing improves on the other characters particularly the female lead and fleshes them out. It isn't much fun watching a drama when I only care about one character:(

@darr @nateko @gladys57 I don't understand why some of you think that NS3 will turn rogue or nasty because so far, the writer's intention has been to question the superiority of humans and even to question if humans are really human in the sense of humanitarian. From the beginning, we were only shown cruel, greedy and ruthless humans, capable of lying, murder, cheating aso. Only NS3 has be portrayed in a positive light. From my point of view, the people around NS3 like JYH and the mother, only sees NS3 as robot hence he has less rights than the human NS. Based on some of your comments, humans are superior because of their brains. Yet, PK Group has created a car requiring no driver. Why? Because the humans want to do something while driving, or it is even said that there will be less accident (driving under influence, falling asleep behind the wheel, not overlooking a signal, aso). If you think about it, then this creation implies that humans are definitely lacking and not perfect. How can they be superior then? 

Striking is that only NS3 was able to provide what SB has longing for such a long time: tenderness and sincerity. At the end of the episode, she no longer wanted to spy on him as she had accepted that he was a good person and she had misjudged him. sure, with the new revelation, she will be shocked ans shaken, yet once she sees that NS3 takes good care of her and still keeps giving her what she wanted, SB will stick by his side. 

I am really enjoying the show so far and Nam Shin III is my favorite character so far. But I wonder how the OTP is going to end up together... Because right now I really can't see how even though I'm already shipping them from what I saw in the trailer. She's human and he's a robot unless they do some plot twist.

I wanna know the OST in this scene, it's so good! That voice sounds familiar though...

https://youtu.be/GDwt7RUDmUg

1 hour ago, darr said:

@nateko, I wouldn't want to agree on most of the points u raised especially his brain being superior to humans. No, human brains are superior to his. Remember, human programmed it to do all those things. The day the human is tired of having him around, she knows where to touch and it will simply become a toy to play around with.

Let me go deeper into this.

Recently, there is a wave for intimate robotic toys for men and women.some were programmed to call the owners name intimately,hold or touch the same way. At the end of the day,no matter how emotional we want them to be, they are still robots.How can we want N3 to be with SB when they can't procreate or was that taken care of?

Will they ever do it?  That robot might not have a John thomas.How can we want N3 to be with SB when they can't procreate or was that taken care of? I think in N3 case,he will want to reach a level he was not meant to reach and that is when the creators will see the foolishness of their action (I hope it doesnt). U can make a robot to aid u but not to replace it as that human u can not have around u. Makes no sense. And that comes to the greediness of humans again. Everybody around him seems to be greedy of one thing or the other.

If SB accepts him,what of the society and her people? There are many questions that will make it impossible for them to have a happily ever after.

He is already integrating and loving the feelings. 

What of if he want freedom in the end to live like humans? The two scientists might have created a monster too.

What do you mean by saying "How can we want N3 to be with SB when they can't procreate or was that taken care of?" Love doesn't necessarily concide with procreation. You can love someone deeply without wanting to have kids with him/her.

When it comes to sex, well, I think they'll figure it out. We don't know anything about N3's "potential" in that area, so far, but it's pretty clear that there IS a strong physical attraction, at least on Sobong's side. Her heart almost jumps out of her chest whenever he's close...

Namshin can't feel pain, at least so far, but all his other senses work like (or even better than) a human's.

Archived