[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem Finally, I was able to watch the last episode. I actually liked the ending. Sure, it has its flaws like for example SJG's minion was not in jail or we didn't get to see much of NS3 interacting with NS. I think, the death of the mother does make sense to me. Only through the loss, NS started viewing things differently. He lost his rage... then witnessing how NS3 sacrificed himself in order to save him was a an eye-opening for NS. I think, it would have been great if we had one more episode. 

Looks like my expectations were just too high after one year of waiting for this drama because the only thing that really kept me going was the tin can couple. The story wasn't that great and had a lot of unnecessary things like turning human Shin into an evil villain to just give him a weak attempt of a redemption arc within the last four/two episodes (Did everyone suddenly forget about his attempted murder of his grandpa and SB? Using NS3 as his murder weapon.). When he cried because of his mom's death I couldn't feel sorry for him since he treated her like trash the whole time after he woke up.

And like other people mentioned Laura's death was such a waste and only for shock value since NS3 would've survived those falling barrels, but not her. Should've killed off human Shin instead. Really stupid, but overall the show treated its female characters really poorly. Hope GSY will get a better project in the future.

17 hours ago, fanofr said:

Yah, I didn't like the romance part between NS3 and SB.  Say what you want, he's still just a robot.  Would you want a perfect robot or a real man, flaws and all?!  

Didn't you inform yourself before starting to watch the drama? It was clear since Day 1 that the romance would be between NS3 & SB. And the writers made human NS just too unlikable to ship him with SB (and not to forget how toxic their relationship is). Btw, NS3 lost all his robot powers after David "fixed" him (that guy isn't as skilled as Laura was). Now, the only real downside is that he doesn't age.

Not gonna lie. For a minute there I thought NS and SB were going to kick it :smirk:

Anyway, just like some of you, I felt the ending was a bit rushed. At least one more episode was needed to tie some loose ends.

- I don't understand how come Seo's sidekick wasn't in jail as well.

- How did David fix NS3/NS3 2.0 (have no idea if it was an upgrade, granted he mentioned that NS spent some resources trying to retrieve NS3, so it makes sense that even though he is intelligent, he isn't a genius like Dr. Oh thus the loss of some of NS3 capabilities)

- Did the "Three Musketeers" (David, NS, and YH - yes they have become a singles men squad :D ) were all in on it regarding NS3 repairing during that all year? (bastards letting SB suffer)

- And that open ending----> how/why/when did he start to cry? Did David install like a fluids system in NS3 that triggered by a certain emotion/collection of data processed he produced tears? (remember when Dr. Oh died he wished terribly that he was able to cry).

Overall, I did enjoy this drama. Okay, let me say it: I LOVED IT! The acting SKJ (NS/NS3)  and KSY (SB) were brilliant. Actually, there wasn't a single actor that I felt could be replaced. All amazing!!! ^_^

I take my hat off for the production crew: CGI, the soundtrack, the locations were they shot. And some of the scenes were just beautiful to watch (that back hug in the snow everyone??? Oh it melted me!).

I'm eager to see future works from our couple! Specially KSY :)

It was a great ride, everyone! Bumpy but super worth it :) Enjoyed all of your comments/jokes/opinions and specially the recaps (damn lagging internet connection:P) !

Thanks so much and hope to mingle in another drama thread! Btw, any suggestions? 

Kiss kiss from Portugal!!!

On 8/7/2018 at 12:55 AM, sheza said:

There is this part where Robot Namshin said that he likes SB because she sees him for who he is.  I don't think I can accept this part of a robot having an identity of its own because it is too illogical.  A robot can only make decisions based on prior input.  Which means that SB is the one who has given him that idea that she likes him for who he is but what effect would this mean for the robot when it comes to decision making?

I do not see Human Namshin as evil.  The way he behaved from the very start was a guise he puts up to protect himself.  Whatever he has done to the robot, deep down I do not think he meant it for evil.  Think about it, what would you have done if you woke up one day and there's another you almost claiming your life in such a real way that it caused a great disruption.    The way Namshin staged the whole airport scene keeping even his bestie in the dark tells me that there's more to Namshin than it meets the eye.  We actually still do not know what he is thinking even though we may not like some of his actions.  I believe we have yet to see the real heart of NamShin yet.  Will we see it?  I don't know.  I will decide if it is worth watching after the finale.  

I will reply to this soon. I am almost finished. I'm so sad. Wait I'm curious. Did you decide if it's worth watching after the finale?

I've already spoken at length about me thinking Nam Shin was eating up the show in the last few weeks, so I'm not gonna get into that for the final episode. I'll just say I'm glad NS3 and So Bong get to be happy. I wish Jong Gil had just died but that's not who NS3 is and that's why we love him. Everything he did was out of respect and love for what his mother and So Bong wanted for him, and he was like that up until the end (thankfully he got a second life!) even at the expense of his own life which is all I want. So Bong helping the man she cannot stand because NS3 makes her a better person was also poetic. Having her untie him I mean. All the corporate crap and murder plots is ancillary to the story I cared about and they individually and together got a fitting end so that's what I'll take away from the drama. 

We had a good run! I'm looking forward to both actors projects in the future. May she get more rough and tumble roles where she gets to be active, and may he get more sweethearts who'd do anything for their ladies. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, fanofr said:

Yah, I didn't like the romance part between NS3 and SB.  Say what you want, he's still just a robot.  Would you want a perfect robot or a real man, flaws and all?!  

I would absolutely want a (almost) perfect robot that treated me with love and respected my own agency enough to inspire me to better my own self and always strives to help people no matter what lol. As long as they have their own personhood and ability to share in our lived experiences for sure he's a real person. So Bong after her bad life experience found someone who's perfect for her. I'm sure for another woman who wasn't So Bong his social weirdness and frankness or something of that nature wouldn't be for her but those are his own flaws. All most people want in life is companionship and someone who treats them right, loves them, will be true to them, and has good morals. In this drama it's a robot, in another it's Superman. Or another alien. Or a ghost. etc. But in all those dramas/shows we know from day 1 that it's the route they want to go on and you gotta make a decision on whether 'girl loves a ghost' or 'girl loves a robot' is for you and watch/don't watch accordingly because that's the story they want to tell. 

I’m still confused about one thing that I’m not sure was ever answered. The assumption wa that NS went to Czech to meet his mom. NS reveals after he wakes up from coma that he went there for another reason, the confirm something. We then also find out he knew about his father’s death (albeit they never went into detail about how much he knew except not enough to not be manipulated by Seo and the recording making it sound like grandpa was the culprit). So the million dollar question is, what was he trying to confirm by going to Czech Republic?

6 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Me too, not gonna lie either! NS was so worried when SB want to confront the baddies in the bridge. And this scene tho.. confusing for my poor heart hahaha. 2 SKJ and 1 GSY can have so many chemistry.. and both shippable :wub:

No idea how to move on from this drama hahaha. Post drama withdrawal syndrome kicked in. So many memorable and swoon scene. NS breaking glass and NS3 stopped the car are my favourite. I think i will remember this drama for long time.

And i guess we have to wait for next SKJ/GSY project.I only know Something about us and third charm for SKJ tho.

I hope SKJ will be pair again with GSY in his new drama Something about Us. I'm really looking forward for this drama and really curious about the female lead. Jaebal, let them be a couple for one more time Lol

20 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Bad news guys, AYHT won't be releasing Director's cut dvd :bawling::bawling:

Andwae~~~~:bawling:

Wae yo? any reason for that? or because the drama wasnot hit in Korea?

3 hours ago, inna03 said:

Andwae~~~~:bawling:

Wae yo? any reason for that? or because the drama wasnot hit in Korea?

I think the survey wasn't successful something like that. That's quite bad considering the amount of unreleased footage we could've gotten. 

They plan on releasing making scenes now but that is only possible if they get 500 pre-orders, if not we won't get BTS as well. I'm more interested in DVD scenes than BTS lol 

Any idea why isn't KBS releasing various artist album :( The album is usually released on the day of Finale or the next day :( 

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@inna03 glad we share the same sentiment. Me too wishing for skj gsy pair in something about us. This what we're talking about too in the shipper thread lol. Though i think there's a lot of people suggest IU too because of the similarity with the manhwa. See you soon then in any of his new drama! :D

IU?? huwaaaa, i dont mind if the female lead are IU or GSY because i love them both hehe

But, idk i just want tincan couple become a couple again in another drama Lol. Their chemistry was catched my attention. :kiss_wink:

Shipper thread? whats that? May i know that thread? where? haha i shipped them both really from now on

7 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I think the survey wasn't successful something like that. That's quite bad considering the amount of unreleased footage we could've gotten. 

They plan on releasing making scenes now but that is only possible if they get 500 pre-orders, if not we won't get BTS as well. I'm more interested in DVD scenes than BTS lol 

Any idea why isn't KBS releasing various artist album :( The album is usually released on the day of Finale or the next day :( 

If you mean the OST album, it’s being sold tho? A couple of websites were doing preorder/sales. Unless you mean something else then my bad haha.

Really unfortunate about the DVD ...I’d be willing to preorder the making scenes one but just the international shipping fee to me will make it double the actual price.:unsure:

Anyway, I’m super late to the party but I watched clips of the last ep and man idk what I expected but it really fizzled out in the end...my overall feeling of the drama hasn’t changed. But...all the possibilities that could have been!!!

11 hours ago, inna03 said:

Shipper thread? whats that? May i know that thread? where? haha i shipped them both really from now on

The thread is right over here! :)

And to share some more love for KSB and NS3, I posted another fanfic here: Compatible. No angst, just fluff this time. 

Ugh, I'm so sad that this show is over now and we only got those 6 minutes of closure. :bawling:

14 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

If you mean the OST album, it’s being sold tho? A couple of websites were doing preorder/sales. Unless you mean something else then my bad haha.

Really unfortunate about the DVD ...I’d be willing to preorder the making scenes one but just the international shipping fee to me will make it double the actual price.:unsure:

Anyway, I’m super late to the party but I watched clips of the last ep and man idk what I expected but it really fizzled out in the end...my overall feeling of the drama hasn’t changed. But...all the possibilities that could have been!!!

I was talking about the bgm tracks , instrumentals hehe.

The ending was satisfying and not satisfying at the same time, it was rushed big time too bad (that's why I wanted dvd cut argh)

Archived