Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sugarplum892

[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The King’s Avatar 全职高手 2

Recommended Posts

OST [english subbed]

 

 Light From The Dust (opening theme song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzqqm6m6SSA

 

Above The Peak (insert song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0tilcW0JNg

 

The Most Amazing Of You (insert song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atMhLCD44VM

 

Glory Battlefield (ending theme song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rExMGpohB6w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time for me to watch this type of drama....and enter the world of e sports .  Thanks King's Avatar you were an enjoyable revelation :star:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the drama. I think it's a pretty good adaptation, all things considering. I think there's several instance where they went a little too hard when playing the drama up. I get that the show needs dramatic tension and conflict, but some of it feels over the top, some feels like conflict for the sake of conflict. I'm actually not as far into the novel as the drama went so I can't do proper breakdown comparison.

 

I think all the cast acted pretty well, and I loved the camaraderie and teamwork, and especially love that a lot of other teams' players were developed and had friendly rivalry with our protagonist. Little sad that they didn't really get to focus on game guilds more, but it's understandable, and the fight choreography were fantastic to watch. Huge applause for added Su Muqiu scenes and family scenes, as well as humanising Ye Xiu. A+ for no romance and keeping the core message and delivering an emotional journey.

 

I'm super happy that the live action introduced wider audience to esport and cdrama. The drama covers I think just over half of the really long novel, the donghua/anime gets up to ep 14 of the drama I think. s2 donghua is finished, but still no air date in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, skibbies said:

I finished the drama. I think it's a pretty good adaptation, all things considering. I think there's several instance where they went a little too hard when playing the drama up. I get that the show needs dramatic tension and conflict, but some of it feels over the top, some feels like conflict for the sake of conflict. I'm actually not as far into the novel as the drama went so I can't do proper breakdown comparison.

 

I think all the cast acted pretty well, and I loved the camaraderie and teamwork, and especially love that a lot of other teams' players were developed and had friendly rivalry with our protagonist. Little sad that they didn't really get to focus on game guilds more, but it's understandable, and the fight choreography were fantastic to watch. Huge applause for added Su Muqiu scenes and family scenes, as well as humanising Ye Xiu. A+ for no romance and keeping the core message and delivering an emotional journey.

 

I'm super happy that the live action introduced wider audience to esport and cdrama. The drama covers I think just over half of the really long novel, the donghua/anime gets up to ep 14 of the drama I think. s2 donghua is finished, but still no air date in sight.

I'm thinking about starting this now I'm in an esports drama mood after completing  Gank Your Heart! :D  How does this drama compare to GYS? Will I still like it even though I haven't seen the anime/read the novel and I'm an e-sports novice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, raziela said:

I'm thinking about starting this now I'm in an esports drama mood after completing  Gank Your Heart! :D  How does this drama compare to GYS? Will I still like it even though I haven't seen the anime/read the novel and I'm an e-sports novice?

 

It's similar to GYH in that, at the outset, the main character is kicked out of his team and then has to figure out what to do next with those next steps eventually become forming his own team.  It's different from GYH in that the formation of the new team and the new team's journey is pretty much the entirety of the drama, i.e., there's no romantic story to follow and every member's individual story relates to how they came to play Glory (the name of the computer game in TKA) and/or how they came to join the Happy Team (the name of the new team).  It's a very games-based drama, if you will.

 

Like you, I am an e-sports novice and in that regard, it was interesting learning about a different type of computer game.  This one is more similar to the one that was played in Love O2O and so the set-up of the competition is different from the way competition operated in GYH, just as the game itself is different.  

 

I still have the last few episodes to watch and overall, between GYH and TKA, my preference would be the former.  As a non-gamer, I like how GYH has, well, everything.  :P  But I am enjoying TKA as well and don't regret the time I've spent on it - especially when I get to see Yang Yang on screen.  ;)  TKA is an interesting story, it's  just a different type of drama.  

 

P.S. @angelangie Why haven't you watched GYH?!  :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

 

one by one my friend..... 

 

Glory have everything in regards of PVP system as well as player vs player and dungeon system ;)

 

i dont know everything....however what do u want to know of gaming ;) 

 

*drums nails on table impatiently*  :P 

 

I was able to figure out the game as the drama went on so no questions from this quarter, but thank you!  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting! For the longest time i thought this was the other drama about a group of computer geniuses doing hacking competitions... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shaselai said:

Interesting! For the longest time i thought this was the other drama about a group of computer geniuses doing hacking competitions... 

 

Heh, no.  :)  "Go Go Squid," "Gank Your Heart," and "The King's Avatar," are all e-sports related dramas that aired around the same time as each other but they actually each center around different types of computer games/competitions.  Which is probably a really good thing!  :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

well i think from all the preview u get to see alot of gaming scenes too....i will probably start watching this one tonight too :D 

:D I think I will start tonight too!

 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

 

It's similar to GYH in that, at the outset, the main character is kicked out of his team and then has to figure out what to do next with those next steps eventually become forming his own team.  It's different from GYH in that the formation of the new team and the new team's journey is pretty much the entirety of the drama, i.e., there's no romantic story to follow and every member's individual story relates to how they came to play Glory (the name of the computer game in TKA) and/or how they came to join the Happy Team (the name of the new team).  It's a very games-based drama, if you will.

 

Like you, I am an e-sports novice and in that regard, it was interesting learning about a different type of computer game.  This one is more similar to the one that was played in Love O2O and so the set-up of the competition is different from the way competition operated in GYH, just as the game itself is different.  

 

I still have the last few episodes to watch and overall, between GYH and TKA, my preference would be the former.  As a non-gamer, I like how GYH has, well, everything.  :P  But I am enjoying TKA as well and don't regret the time I've spent on it - especially when I get to see Yang Yang on screen.  ;)  TKA is an interesting story, it's  just a different type of drama.  

 

P.S. @angelangie Why haven't you watched GYH?!  :P 

Nice to see you in this thread too! :lol:Thanks so much for the detailed response.  Not going to lie I would prefer a bit of romance but I also love the team building, friendship and journey in sports drams if done right . Gank Your Heart really changed my perspective on e-sports dramas so I will give this a try especially as you have given it your seal of approval!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

 

hmmm in Go Go Squid....it actually center more on the relationship in between the players and the past that kind of haunt Gun or a past that push him to be where he is today

 

I wasn't talking about what the story of the drama centers around.  :P   I was referring to the type of computer game/esport that's played in each of the dramas.  As I understand it in GGS, it was a hacking computer competition (capture the flag).  In GYH, it was multiplayer online battle arena video game (kind of like League of Legends).  And in TKA, I'm not sure what the name for its type of game is, but it's different than the one in GYH.  Is it a role playing game type?  Just a different type of multiplayer online video game?  Someone more familiar with computer/video games would know the terminology better than me, but that's what I was referring to when I compared the three dramas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TKA's Glory is an MMORPG, the actual game it's partially based on is a kmmo called Dungeons and Fighters. The novel gets into fair amount details about clearing dungeons, fighting world and map bosses and guild drama. I think it's easier to pick up since RPG roles are easier to pick up, compared to MOBA games like LoL. GYH's actual game look closer to DoTA 2 but the loading screen and stuff looks like LoL I believe. GGS has been mentioned to be capture the flag, but originally it would have been Counter Strike, the novel also had a made up group fps game, the players have previously played (some professionally) WoW and DoTA.

 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, raziela said:

I'm thinking about starting this now I'm in an esports drama mood after completing  Gank Your Heart! :D  How does this drama compare to GYS? Will I still like it even though I haven't seen the anime/read the novel and I'm an e-sports novice?

I'm late but still want to mention while it's more gaming focused, the actual game is only probably 30% of the drama, they purposely had a lot of real life scenes to make it more accommodating to no gamers. The general consensus seems to be non-gamer with no previous exposure follow it quite fine. They explain most important things fairly well and the battle choreography are fairly dynamic so it's not boring to watch. As far as a gaming or esport story goes, this is the best one IMO (drama or anime, its own adaptation not withstanding).

 

Just a note, if you need better subtitles than weTV/netflix, the King's Avatar discord have 11 ep subbed. In case you are wondering, "brush a copy" means clearing dungeons/instances, some others you can guess but could be annoying.

 

49 minutes ago, angelangie said:

im not sure whether LoL have dungeon system or not or whether they are more like role playing games where it will allow the player to build their characters in the games.....just like TKA - Glory (games name) 

 

LoL is round based. You also kill monsters to get money and exp to level up and buy equipments, but it's far more limited in terms of equipments you can buy. There's no dungeons, but there's dragons you kill for buffs, it's heavily PvP since your goal is destroy the other team's multiple towers (5? or 6 of them?). You also only have limited time and resources, nothing gets carried over once you finish the round. You pick a hero and their skills are set, there's no stats (I think?) that you can level up, but you can level up your skills to make them stronger, and certain equips give you better stats (?) or passive skills (faster hp or mp regen).

 

The dragon is homage to I think one of the LoL World Championship. S7? The one that was held in Beijing anyways. There's yet again multiple cameos from ex-esport players. Trivia that I found out awhile ago, Jiashi/Excellent Era's super fancy spaceshipy club was filmed in a real life esport club, Shanghai's OMG. GGS' SP also had some scenes filmed there lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 4:43 AM, skibbies said:

I'm late but still want to mention while it's more gaming focused, the actual game is only probably 30% of the drama, they purposely had a lot of real life scenes to make it more accommodating to no gamers. The general consensus seems to be non-gamer with no previous exposure follow it quite fine. They explain most important things fairly well and the battle choreography are fairly dynamic so it's not boring to watch. As far as a gaming or esport story goes, this is the best one IMO (drama or anime, its own adaptation not withstanding).

 

Just a note, if you need better subtitles than weTV/netflix, the King's Avatar discord have 11 ep subbed. In case you are wondering, "brush a copy" means clearing dungeons/instances, some others you can guess but could be annoying.

Thanks so much for your response and review!  I'm glad that it should be comprehensible to my novce self.  Good to there are more real life scenes - the characters and their stories are what make the drama for me over gaming scenes. 

Many thanks for the definition. I definitely would not have guessed that one!

 

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

lols have u start watching :D

 

gosh the battle when they PVP is real GOOD!

Not yet!  I started My Girlfriend is An Alien  a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it a lot more than i expected to :lol:

Good to hear this drama has impressed you so far.  That's a good sign!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lynne22  & @angelangie  Decided to add this just because I saw your names and some other Chingus whom have great taste here as well.  I loved 020 so hoping this one captures my heart too!  We shall see LOL:blush:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:30 PM, angelangie said:

 

ah....ok...it more towards Mobile Legend styles then.....:)

 

i play abit more on MMORPG than the others so i prefer MMORPG more than PVP since im never good in PVP lols :D 

 

im better in dungeons run :D however it is funny when i watch TKA as in TKA they push for the shortest clearing times when they are doing dungeons run however when i was playing with my teammate previously, we drag it for as long as possible, especially there are a certain part in the dungeon where the mob spawns have high experience points where we love to collect to lvl up our characters :D 

 

infact watching TKA make me miss my old teammate all the ever more :) 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

1p1iftrMLTltsTghZKh_52ezJH5d_YvisVF0iFaz

 

I'm more MMO PvE person compared to PvP too, PvP is so aggressive and immidating lol. China had fair amount of MMO web novels, but they've all but disappeared in last few years, replaced by esport novels that focus on MoBA games or group shooting games like PuBG. The shortest clearing times is mostly to get the guild names out there to recruit more newbies, since it's broadcasted "world wide" (across all channels) and shows up on ranking board. It's vastly different from how regular players would play the games, and it doesn't quite get into the big dungeons with 10+ people or co-ordinating between teams to take down a map boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dare say this drama is even better than Go2 Squid & Gank Your Heart. The CGI, graphics are very impressive. Yang2's game avatar shares a very lifelike resemblance..but it also look a lot like the male lead from Le Coupe De Foudre ha-ha! Like the other e-sports dramas, it too is about teamwork, camaraderie & friendship. I also like that the girls are part of the gaming team, instead of playing dumb/the romantic interests.

    Basically I found myself enjoying this much more than I thought LoL! The ep. flew by so quickly that it made me wish it lasted longer. Ugh I just want to clip Yang2's bangs off his face eheeheeh, they look to be obstructing his vision-_-<_< The team's dorm was so cool it looked like a spaceship. Like something out of Star Trek~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this matter to anyone checking the thread, but netflix have been steadily updating their subs, up to 25 at the moment, they did 15 episodes first, then a week later, they did 10 more episodes. IDK about weTV, is it all VIP now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@skibbies do you mean netflix is fixing their english subs? If so then Yay!!!!! ,,, 

TKA is still not a VIP anymore on their app.. but I haven't check if they have upload the episodes on the official YT Chanel or not...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...