[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The King’s Avatar 全职高手 2

sugarplum892

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2019 at 1:09 AM, ainipang said:

I dont understand why yang yang is kick out from the team. 

It was a business decision (the pursuit of financial gain and all that).  It sounds like they were hoping for a shake-up and Yang Yang, who liked to play wearing a mask and never participated in any sponsorship/fan events, was not seen as profitable on that end.  Frankly speaking, it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me as he does have a lot of fans by virtue of the fact that he was a winner.  I'd have understood the business decision at least if he was a player a slump or even in decline, but that did not seem to be the case.  Ah well, Jia Shi's loss is just an opportunity for Ye Xiu to push himself to greater heights, I suppose.  :P 

I just reached the part where Ye Xiu visits his childhood home . . . and color me surprised when I realized, it's the same house as the one used in "My Mr Mermaid," haha!  

The novel and donghua have additional reason where Jiashi/Excellent Era have been in a slump/downward trajectory in recent seasons, and they blamed it on Ye Xiu. That's not really changed in the drama per se, but I don't think it tells you explicitly, and it seems especially odd after they opened with them winning a match. I know they did that to introduce the professional teams quickly irl (rather than through the games) and to get the audience pumped up for future episode, but ehhh. Generally speaking, the drama have made some rather questionable decisions when adapting to create conflicts, there's some I can accept (the opening match being one), some I'm still not sure about.

8 hours ago, skibbies said:

The novel and donghua have additional reason where Jiashi/Excellent Era have been in a slump/downward trajectory in recent seasons, and they blamed it on Ye Xiu. That's not really changed in the drama per se, but I don't think it tells you explicitly, and it seems especially odd after they opened with them winning a match. 

Ahhhhh, you're right, that's not made clear in the drama but your additional insight makes everything so much clearer now.  Because in the drama, you're told Ye Xiu is a 3-time champion, they just won a match, and you see him actively trying to innovate the team's strategies so that they stay ahead of the game.  Hardly reasons to want to get rid of someone!  The only reason that's really given in the drama is that he wears a mask when he plays and doesn't ever attend events, so people don't really know who he is and that makes him non-marketable.  And the entire time his boss is saying that to him, I'm sitting there wondering, "Why not use his mysteriousness as the marketing ploy?!"  

It was a much different scenario in "Gank Your Heart" where, Zhao Yang's shadiness aside, from a business perspective I actually could understand why he wasn't keen on the idea of Xiang Kong being the team captain - in the sense that (1) he didn't like to participate in events, and actively worked to help his team not attend them; and (2) the public didn't understand his strategies and just thought of him as a klutz even though he was actually a brilliant strategist so sometimes when it looked like he was fumbling, he was actually setting up plays for other members of his team. 

In "The King's Avatar," the only commonality I could find (with "Gank Your Heart") was the whole not wanting to play nice with sponsors thing, but again, I didn't really consider it a stumbling block when they could've found ways around that.  Knowing, however, that the team was already on a downward trajectory better explains the boss's reasons for wanting to swap him out at this juncture.  (Again, thank you for that information!)  The drama gives the impression that Jia Shi's losses begin with Sun Xiang's reign and so, to a viewer, that's another reason why the decision to have Ye Xiu step down as captain doesn't make sense because it sure seemed like Jia Shi had a lot more to answer for after he left than when he was there.

I only started watching this drama because I liked the gaming aspect of it--hoping for a little of Love O2O and Go Go Squid.  However, I'm on episode 7 and I feel like I'm still waiting for "something". I know he's trying to build a team. I don't know what to make of the internet cafe owner and her friend--are they just friends or lesbians (that's the vibe the internet cafe owner is giving off despite being a fan of Ye).  Not sure what the main theme of the drama is at this moment.

@lclarakl @angelangie I was referring to Viki loosing the license for TKA. :D

WeTv’s sub can sometimes be said as passable but boy does they need a heavy Quality Control lols. So yeah.... With Netflix using WeTV’s subs it just makes me feel abit sad there’s no other option... but please don’t let my comment distract you from enjoying TKA... :D

Is there a reason why the so called friend of Ye Xiu seems to not even like him? I thought they started together, or he just been acting as a friend when it has been all business for him? Does the novel explain or did I miss the scene, I watched till episode 36. 

Also, did it ever explain how the old friend died, forgot the name but the brother of su mu cheng 

@nanstarrr Ye Xiu's friend, the team manager, Tao Xuan, started the team together as he was the owner of the shop/cafe Ye Xiu was playing. He was a businessman before he was his friend. It was explained/implied in the novel. Back then teams rely on sponsorship money, Team Excellent Era won the first three championship title, yet Ye Xiu did not want to appear commercially. Hence he has no monetary value when it comes to their brand, Excellent Era.

The other friend, his best friend, Su Mu Qiu died in a car accident, he died before the first Glory tournament.

@themarchioness The commonality with Gank Your Heart where protagonist isn't cooperative with marketing/terrible with sponsors is still a big reason. Sun Xiang, like Pei Xi is much more marketable. Sun Xiang is a star player, only 18, and have all the attitudes to go with it. I think Ye Xiu isn't just not cooperative, he straight up doesn't appear in ANYTHING that's not game related, it's why no one knows anything about him or his face despite him being around for so long. You can definitely work around it, but businesses are businesses, they don't care about the game or fans as much, just how much money they make.

Jia Shi's three times champion was also from first three season of the competition (I don't think this is explicitly stated in the drama), and they are on season 8. Other teams have gotten star players or fantastic team play/play style that make them much more competitive (and marketable).

@lclarakl If you are waiting for romance, there's none in the drama lol. But the series is still a shipping galore if you want it to be, that's how the fandom is anyways.

Re: subs, someone on King's Avatar discord server is fansubbing it, I think they are on episode 10.

8 hours ago, skibbies said:

@lclarakl If you are waiting for romance, there's none in the drama lol. But the series is still a shipping galore if you want it to be, that's how the fandom is anyways.

Re: subs, someone on King's Avatar discord server is fansubbing it, I think they are on episode 10.

@skibbies, thanks for your response. Yes, I quickly found out that it is all about gaming. Actually, I'm on episode 26 and it is interesting. To be honest, I really don't have any characters in this drama that I'm shipping to be a couple. Although there is a "hint" of a relationship between Ye and the girl from his old team, but for me--zero romantic chemistry.

I'm loving how this hodgepodge team is coming together and he encourages them on their strengths.

I have another question

About the weapon that ye xiu use in thw game. Does his friend invent the weapon? The one spear+umbrella+gun

And how come there is no proffesional player use same character as ye xiu, the freelancer. If i play the game, im definetely choose the freelancer because it is all rounded

2 hours ago, ainipang said:

I have another question

About the weapon that ye xiu use in thw game. Does his friend invent the weapon? The one spear+umbrella+gun

And how come there is no proffesional player use same character as ye xiu, the freelancer. If i play the game, im definetely choose the freelancer because it is all rounded

Yes, Su Muqiu (Ye Xiu's friend) created the umbrella weapon.

The way the unspecialized class works is this:

"A class without any set class that learns Level 20 under skills from all 24 sub-classes. This adds up to roughly 120 skills in total.To use skills from the 6 different classes, the user would have to switch weapons to the appropriate class. This was bypassed by the Myriad Manifestation Umbrella, which can change forms in an instant, thus creating a true Unspecialized."

https://the-kings-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Unspecialized

In order to use the unspecialized character to its full potential you need to have a weapon that can change forms (umbrella). Only Ye Xiu has that, other players don't.

48 minutes ago, FightSphere457 said:

In order to use the unspecialized character to its full potential you need to have a weapon that can change forms (umbrella). Only Ye Xiu has that, other players don't.

And even with that weapon it needed a highly skilled game master to use it. Because of the fast switches...

just to add this...

I love the story behind that weapon and for me it was a blessing in disguis that the umbrella broke...

I just wish I can watch the rest now...

43 minutes ago, Sheila mombina said:

I’ve been watching this series and I love it but don’t get who su muqiu is, I know that it was his best friend and all but where is he now? 

Maybe it’s because I’m not that far into it but can someone explain if they know??

Su Muqiu is deceased; he died in a car accident.  In addition to being the best friend, he is also Su Muchen's older brother.

Archived