[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The King’s Avatar 全职高手 2

sugarplum892

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CGI for human characters in this drama is too soft polished. I'm not saying that I don't like it but at times I just find it weird looking at it some times, maybe I'm accustomed to gaming graphics that I'm expecting too much from it. The CGI for environment/surrounding is nice tho.

I'm not sure how they will fit the 1700+ chapters worth of material from a novel to a 40-episodes drama. So far I'm liking the characterization and portrayal of Yang Yang of Ye Xiu (I stopped watching Martial Universe because of his character Ling Dong). I guess they hit it good with other characters too. It's close to how I would visualize them when reading the novel.

I only watched two episodes. It's taking it rather slow and inserting drama original scenes to pre-established the different teams rather than introduce them over time, rather wise decision I'd say. There's more focus on real life than game than I expected, but that's understandable considering the amount of CGI the game scenes need. They fused few minor characters together, which is fair and makes the characters less one dimensional, actually.

I like the gaming footage, more the environment than the avatars, it's all around lot better than I expected. I keep thinking how much money they burnt every time the game comes on. Also slightly worried about pacing, the anime is paced faster than this and it only covered 1/10 in what amounts to 6 episodes here. I think it's doable by simplifying lot of the gaming stuff, especially the earlier bits, we'll see. Fingers cross that there'll be no romance, I don't have time for romance in this story, please. They added Ye Xiu being clueless, it's pretty cute and does make him less perfect-y, humanise him so he's not just the overpowered boss of Glory.

My biggest impression is, OMG Chen Guo, you are so goddamn rich! Look at that giant richard simmons internet cafe and all those figurines omg. Also, drama why is the internet cafe so bright and large, I was imagining small and dingy, ok? Jia Shi's interior design looks like a space ship.

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

i havent watch yesterday episode yet i was too tired after work yesterday and being i went to get myself a photo printer lols

anyway below is the airing schedule for now. 

I don't know how this schedule works, they already put 8 eps on air and it's 7/24, so when they will upload more? on 8/2?

puff, i just subscribed in this site and watched 8 episodes in a row, and now my anxiety is killing me. :tears:

On 7/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, nasaan ka Alex? said:

I'm not sure how they will fit the 1700+ chapters worth of material from a novel to a 40-episodes drama.

From the casting etc, it should only cover the story till the challenger league.

23 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ahhhh @angelangie bless you!  I was just asking @lynne22 earlier today if there was a viewing schedule yet!  That calendar doesn't indicate the VIP releases though.  But since we know that 8 are available already.... I'm guessing that means VIPs will always be 2 episodes ahead by the end of each week?

VIP members are always 6 episodes ahead, same as Novoland. I was going to say, darn it sucks to be school kid since it finishes airing one week after school starts, but with VIP, that's a non-issue.

42 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I've watched Ep. 09-10 on we tv last night, so iMO Ep. 11-12 will also airs tonight, making it 12 ep in total this week. 

Ah!  I didn't realize VIPs would be getting additional eps this week, beyond the first 8.  Then yes, it looks like they'll be 6 eps ahead.  Different dramas have been doing different things with their VIP episodes, it's sometimes hard to know unless they mark it on their calendar!  :sweat_smile:

36 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha currently im hook on 'Prince of Tennis' rename to 'Fighting Youth' lols....i will pick this up by this week so that at least i have series to jump in between hahahahaha

Haha, I'm in a similar boat.  My days are so consumed with recapping Gank Your Heart right now that I'm not sure when I'll be able to start TKA.  But I'm itching to do so and happy to know what when I finally do, I'll have a nice cache of episodes waiting for me to breeze through!  In the meantime, just following along with the comments here.  :)

How is Prince of Tennis, btw?  I've had my eye on it...

51 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

If anyone finds any teasers or trailers/previews of the next episodes (especially ep. 13 & 14), please let me know. This wait is going to be long until next Wednesday. :bawling::blush::smiley:

Spoiler

13,14 and prob 15 will cover the All Star arc, and is where the second ONA stopped, Tencent did a great job airing it before the second season coming up. (august)

I'm very disappointed with the action scenes, they really sucks, some fights are just cut in half, or even in slowmotion so they didn't have hard work doing it, even reading the novel i got the same excitement  from the anime fights, but the Drama failed hard in show the God Ye's true hability.

7 hours ago, maxlouco said:

Reveal hidden contents

13,14 and prob 15 will cover the All Star arc, and is where the second ONA stopped, Tencent did a great job airing it before the second season coming up. (august)

I'm very disappointed with the action scenes, they really sucks, some fights are just cut in half, or even in slowmotion so they didn't have hard work doing it, even reading the novel i got the same excitement  from the anime fights, but the Drama failed hard in show the God Ye's true hability.

It requires a lot of $$$ to create those fight scenes. If the producers completely invested in one scene then they won't have money left over for the other episodes. The beginning fights (Ye Xiu vs Spider Boss and Ye Xiu vs Tang Rou) were pretty good imo.

I've noticed the way the fight scenes were choreographed is reminiscent of the anime - showing the gamers button mashing and audience cheering them on. I think the director chose this camera setup to give viewers a more immersive cinematic experience and to demonstrate that the characters are playing a game.

Archived