Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The King’s Avatar 全职高手

51 minutes ago, skibbies said:

LoL is round based. You also kill monsters to get money and exp to level up and buy equipments, but it's far more limited in terms of equipments you can buy. There's no dungeons, but there's dragons you kill for buffs, it's heavily PvP since your goal is destroy the other team's multiple towers (5? or 6 of them?).

ah....ok...it more towards Mobile Legend styles then.....:)

i play abit more on MMORPG than the others so i prefer MMORPG more than PVP since im never good in PVP lols :D 

im better in dungeons run :D however it is funny when i watch TKA as in TKA they push for the shortest clearing times when they are doing dungeons run however when i was playing with my teammate previously, we drag it for as long as possible, especially there are a certain part in the dungeon where the mob spawns have high experience points where we love to collect to lvl up our characters :D 

infact watching TKA make me miss my old teammate all the ever more :) 

Spoiler

1p1iftrMLTltsTghZKh_52ezJH5d_YvisVF0iFaz

• Like 1

YeQiu is more of a klutz of real life in drama lols :D 

and it is more comical in a way lols

overall the drama really more comical in a sense :D 

even LanHe also very comical 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:52 AM, raziela said:

:D I think I will start tonight too!

lols have u start watching :D

gosh the battle when they PVP is real GOOD!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 4:43 AM, skibbies said:

I'm late but still want to mention while it's more gaming focused, the actual game is only probably 30% of the drama, they purposely had a lot of real life scenes to make it more accommodating to no gamers. The general consensus seems to be non-gamer with no previous exposure follow it quite fine. They explain most important things fairly well and the battle choreography are fairly dynamic so it's not boring to watch. As far as a gaming or esport story goes, this is the best one IMO (drama or anime, its own adaptation not withstanding).

Just a note, if you need better subtitles than weTV/netflix, the King's Avatar discord have 11 ep subbed. In case you are wondering, "brush a copy" means clearing dungeons/instances, some others you can guess but could be annoying.

Thanks so much for your response and review!  I'm glad that it should be comprehensible to my novce self.  Good to there are more real life scenes - the characters and their stories are what make the drama for me over gaming scenes. 

Many thanks for the definition. I definitely would not have guessed that one!

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols have u start watching :D

gosh the battle when they PVP is real GOOD!

Not yet!  I started My Girlfriend is An Alien  a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it a lot more than i expected to :lol:

Good to hear this drama has impressed you so far.  That's a good sign!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@lynne22  & @angelangie  Decided to add this just because I saw your names and some other Chingus whom have great taste here as well.  I loved 020 so hoping this one captures my heart too!  We shall see LOL:blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/6/2019 at 12:30 PM, angelangie said:

ah....ok...it more towards Mobile Legend styles then.....:)

i play abit more on MMORPG than the others so i prefer MMORPG more than PVP since im never good in PVP lols :D 

im better in dungeons run :D however it is funny when i watch TKA as in TKA they push for the shortest clearing times when they are doing dungeons run however when i was playing with my teammate previously, we drag it for as long as possible, especially there are a certain part in the dungeon where the mob spawns have high experience points where we love to collect to lvl up our characters :D 

infact watching TKA make me miss my old teammate all the ever more :) 

Reveal hidden contents

1p1iftrMLTltsTghZKh_52ezJH5d_YvisVF0iFaz

I'm more MMO PvE person compared to PvP too, PvP is so aggressive and immidating lol. China had fair amount of MMO web novels, but they've all but disappeared in last few years, replaced by esport novels that focus on MoBA games or group shooting games like PuBG. The shortest clearing times is mostly to get the guild names out there to recruit more newbies, since it's broadcasted "world wide" (across all channels) and shows up on ranking board. It's vastly different from how regular players would play the games, and it doesn't quite get into the big dungeons with 10+ people or co-ordinating between teams to take down a map boss.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I dare say this drama is even better than Go2 Squid & Gank Your Heart. The CGI, graphics are very impressive. Yang2's game avatar shares a very lifelike resemblance..but it also look a lot like the male lead from Le Coupe De Foudre ha-ha! Like the other e-sports dramas, it too is about teamwork, camaraderie & friendship. I also like that the girls are part of the gaming team, instead of playing dumb/the romantic interests.

Basically I found myself enjoying this much more than I thought LoL! The ep. flew by so quickly that it made me wish it lasted longer. Ugh I just want to clip Yang2's bangs off his face eheeheeh, they look to be obstructing his vision-_-<_< The team's dorm was so cool it looked like a spaceship. Like something out of Star Trek~

• Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, skibbies said:

I'm more MMO PvE person compared to PvP too, PvP is so aggressive and immidating lol. China had fair amount of MMO web novels, but they've all but disappeared in last few years, replaced by esport novels that focus on MoBA games or group shooting games like PuBG. The shortest clearing times is mostly to get the guild names out there to recruit more newbies, since it's broadcasted "world wide" (across all channels) and shows up on ranking board. It's vastly different from how regular players would play the games, and it doesn't quite get into the big dungeons with 10+ people or co-ordinating between teams to take down a map boss.

glory kinda have it all....the PVE as well as the PVP....also i like how they highlight on the importance of a support player :) like me im always the one who stay in the background who playing support most of the times....Glory indeed is leaning towards more on PVP that PVE :) however in here teamwork is also essentials if you want to win the championship :) 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:58 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

@lynne22  & @angelangie  Decided to add this just because I saw your names and some other Chingus whom have great taste here as well.  I loved 020 so hoping this one captures my heart too!  We shall see LOL:blush:

if u like gaming u will like this one ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this matter to anyone checking the thread, but netflix have been steadily updating their subs, up to 25 at the moment, they did 15 episodes first, then a week later, they did 10 more episodes. IDK about weTV, is it all VIP now? 

• Like 1

@skibbies do you mean netflix is fixing their english subs? If so then Yay!!!!! ,,, 

TKA is still not a VIP anymore on their app.. but I haven't check if they have upload the episodes on the official YT Chanel or not...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@skibbies do you mean netflix is fixing their english subs? If so then Yay!!!!! ,,, 

TKA is still not a VIP anymore on their app.. but I haven't check if they have upload the episodes on the official YT Chanel or not...

Yeah, it's all coherent now. I think Netflix subs use translated names for teams and such. weTV might not? I'm so surprised Tencent didn't just paywall TKA, guess they don't have market share, so it make sense to have it for free to increase traffic, especially with their initial lackluster subs. Domestically, I think videos are free for a week after the series finish, then it's all VIP, I forgot if TKA or Untamed's final episodes were free for a day (24hrs) then paywalled. >_____>

• Like 2

I've just watched the first ep and was wondering if someone who knows more can answer a question.

Besides the reason he was kicked out of the team, I don't get how the management could steal his private account? That was made using his id (his brother's actually, but meh). But I mean it belongs to him, couldn't he just have refused to give it over? It's not like the management made that acc and gave it to him?!? That acc doesn't belong to the management company, doesn't even belong to the game, it belongs to him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Little Firecracker said:

I've just watched the first ep and was wondering if someone who knows more can answer a question.

Besides the reason he was kicked out of the team, I don't get how the management could steal his private account? That was made using his id (his brother's actually, but meh). But I mean it belongs to him, couldn't he just have refused to give it over? It's not like the management made that acc and gave it to him?!? That acc doesn't belong to the management company, doesn't even belong to the game, it belongs to him.

no it isnt his account....it the company acc so when he leave the company he cannot take the acc with him.....

because in this esport the company will sponsor everything for the player....however everything in the player character will remain under the company so when they leave they need to leave the character behind....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1