Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
RobinB

Your Korean study method

Hey guys, as an enthusiast of the Korean language, I was curious what you guys do to improve your Korean. My current strategy is to simply try to memorize 20 words a day using a rehearsing application. I also use Hellotalk to meet Koreans nearby to get into conversation and practice my pronunciation. I rarely but sometimes use HiNative for small questions like ''What's the difference between X and Y''. On the side I use TTMIK forwhenever I want to get more specific into grammar and conversations. 

TL;DR

What is/are your methods for memorization:
What books do you recommend: 
What applications do you use for memorization:
Tips: 

When I had attempted to learn Korean a few years ago, I got my hands on some scripts from Korean dramas. I read it in Hangul and tried to figure out what they were saying. I don't know if that helps lol. I also searched on Amazon for cheap Korean language books. I went to the local library for Korean children's books too for vocabulary purposes. 

5 hours ago, hurry111 said:

The best way and fastest way of learning Korean is making a Korean boyfriend. Trust me. It works

Hmmm... where to get a Korean boyfriend...

• Like 1

On 21/06/2017 at 5:44 PM, CamelKnight said:

Hmmm... where to get a Korean boyfriend...

Yes please, I'll like to know. Hahaha. I want to practise Korean as well...

On 6/13/2017 at 5:55 AM, RobinB said:

Hey guys, as an enthusiast of the Korean language, I was curious what you guys do to improve your Korean. My current strategy is to simply try to memorize 20 words a day using a rehearsing application. I also use Hellotalk to meet Koreans nearby to get into conversation and practice my pronunciation. I rarely but sometimes use HiNative for small questions like ''What's the difference between X and Y''. On the side I use TTMIK forwhenever I want to get more specific into grammar and conversations. 

TL;DR

What is/are your methods for memorization:
What books do you recommend: 
What applications do you use for memorization:
Tips: 

What is a rehearsing application?

I have a few grammar textbooks/workbooks, I also use audio programs like Rosetta Stone [though I find that I get more out of listening to/following drama plots because I'm paying more attention]. I practice my reading with kids' books that I find at my local library or online. For rote memorization, I use Memrise. 

My only real tips would be to set aside a set amount of time to study each day [even 10-15 mins is fine] and make sure you study that amount of time. Also, don't give up if you don't see progress as fast as you'd like. Everyone learns at a different pace and the excitement is real when you find yourself understanding entire sentences/paragraphs. It doesn't matter if it takes you longer to learn than others, the key is consistency. 

• Like 2

I used a book

Then I use cc (caption button in youtube) , it transcribes voice to words in Hangul, I read them in sync with speech

Of course, you can learn in different ways, but it seems to me that it is best to attend special courses and get knowledge from someone who has knowledge. For example, I have already taken courses in Korean language and recently find this. I realized that I have many ways for self-development and self-realization.

Thanks a lot for the useful tips! So timely, I'm preparing for the exams right now. Luckily I found cool writing service at https://anonymous-essay.com/ that can help me with my writings and save time. They are real professionals.