[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

4 hours ago, CBluvsSP said:

So... ep 10 just got um steamy.

U are in the wrong thread :lol:

Sorry can't update this thread because I am in South Korea for vacation .By the way ,Happy 3 million viewers to our thread .Hi ,shippers ,lurkers & haters :lol: :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pauliza said:

U are in the wrong thread :lol:

Sorry can't update this thread because I am in South Korea for vacation .By the way ,Happy 3 million viewers to our thread .Hi ,shippers ,lurkers & haters :lol: :lol:

Sorry I was referring to MMS. I enjoy SP and hope they work together again in the future, but it’s alright I understand.

21 Oct 2019 - W's latest interview on the Japanese magazine, Mokkai! 

Credit: Japanese to Korean translations done by mooi_75 on twitter. Thank you for the Korean translations so more of us can read the interview! 

Based on the korean translations, thank you @riririru for helping us to translate from Korean to English! Love ya lots! This is still work in progress so will update again when more translations are up! 

Here are the 1st 10 questions. 

The comeback of Ji Chang Wook! One million interview of his work activities to daily life

He is finally back. Before his enlisment two years ago, Ji Changwook said he’s ecited to see how himself  will change. Even though there’s no significant changes, his aura is different from before. You can feel his maturity and calmness. After finishing his military duty, He told the stories of his vacation with his mother, his projects before enlistment, and his new-project “Melting me slowly”( 2019, TvN). 

You went to Tokyo with your mother after you discharged.
You are working straight away.
-    I am busy (laugh). I am currently shooting for my new project “Melting Me slowly”. But on my free time, I’d go to sauna with my friends, or working out. Oh right! I also ride my bike that I like. After finishing my military duty, I went on a vacation.
You are really same like before.
-    No way. I feel like I change a little bit. (laugh)
How was the military life?
-    It was more fun that what I had thought. I was worried before. About how I am going to spend that long time in there. But, once I spend my time in there, it went quickly. Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe because I have a new project now, I havent got a chance to show the personality I got during my military life. It’s not been a long time since I got discharged, I haven’t feel it.
Have you ever woke up even though you still want to sleep more? 
-    Never. If you listen to the stories of people who had discharged, Most of them say that after spending to years of daily routine, their eyes wouldd naturally open early in the morning. But not me, I sleep like a log. I guess I adapt well. (laugh)
Did you go to the vacation with your mother?
-    Yes. We went to Tokyo. We ate delicious food, and visited the sauna near Mountain Fuji. After that, (I/we) also went to Okinawa to shot for a magazine. We didn’t had a lot of time to go to another places, so we chose Okinawa. It was my first time there, I liked it. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see-sighting, But I am still happy I got to spend a good time with my mother in Tokyo.
Please tell us more detail about the trip.
-    It has a special place in my heart as I went there only with my mother. At first I was worried what if the trip will not go smoothly or so, but no, It was really fun. It was big relief. We ate a lot of good food and had a good rest. 
You performed in a musical during your military service.
-    During the time of my service, a military musical titled “Sinheung Military Academic” was made. The timing was good. I was happy I got a chance to act, I like to think that I have a good fortune. Since I did it together along with Haneul, Sungyu of Infinite and the other  (chosen) soldiers, I did it very comfortably. Especially Haneul, I got to act again with him after almost 10years. It was my first time doing a musial with the others soldiers, I am happy because it made us became closer than before. The project I curious about during my service? I don’t really know. We watched videos of Idols. (laugh). Since we had a sleeping schedule, we cannot watch dramas that airs late at night.
Your comeback variety show is a fishing program. It feel so new.
-    I appeared in there because of Deokhwa hyung. I knew him from “Suspicious Partner”, He made me a party before my enlistment, he also visited me during my service. He is like the father figure to me. I was thinking of visiting him after my duty, since Deokha hyung is also in that program, I decided to appear on that program. I once got a class for fishing, so that’s also count.
How was it? Do you like fishing?
-    I decide to stop fishing. (laugh). Rather than hating or liking it, it’s exhausting for my body. It as my first time fishing, on the first day, I had to be on the boat for 13hours, and 12hours on the second day. I didn’t have a seasick or anything, but it was still hard. I felt thrilled when  I have to pull the fish, but other that that, I don’t know.  Since I did nothing but waiting. (laughs)
After the program aired, There was an article with title “The genious of acting, The genious of fishing 
-    The reporter probably only wrote that article for fun, I am bad at fishing, hahaha

SP related questions and answers: Do note that the reporter also asked him pertaining to his other works too. Will update the translations again once its done! Meanwhile, of course SP and namji related has been translated first. Tee hee hee. 

12.    I will ask about your projects again. First, is about “suspicious Partner”, what does this drama mean to you?
-    It was the last project I did before my enlistment. I remember having so much fun shooting the drama due to its’ funny and comic-like scenes. It was also funny even in the behind the scenes. There were many NG because we cannot hold our laughter. (laugh) Although the genre was romantic-comedy, it also had thriller elements on it which made it more fun to act on.
13.     The drama became a huge issue as it  as your first romantic-comedy drama.
-    At first I was worried whether I could be able to nailed it or not. But, the shooting location made my heart flutter. I liked the sweet romanctic scenes. There’s nothing different just because it was a romantic-comedy. If I have to say, I had more fun acting because it was a romantic-comedy. It wasn’t difficult to do the lines or moves that can be only found in rocom. Although I am not a person who can do cheesy act, I was able to do it easily. I also able to acted out the cheesy moves as neat as I wanted.
14.     You managed to act the cheesy scenes flawlessly
-    I like comedy. I gave out many ideas in the shooting location. Even though it was fun, but since it was a mixed of romantic and thriller, the actors had to act with the right tension. There were times where we had to act from serious one to comedy in a second. Although it was quite difficult, I tried to focus more on the character.
15.     Nam JiHyun (Eun Bong Hee) and Dongha (Jung Hyunsoo) who acted along with you, had said that your eyes and gaze made them cannot focus on their acting.
-    They are lying hahaha. I never saw Jihyun and Dongha acted that way because of that reason. Maybe it was because they forgot their lines? (laughs) The atmosphere of the shooting location was really joyful. We stick together, and had discussions during the break time. Ah right! Dongha is currently doing his military service as well, what fascinating is that, we coincidentally met in the basecamp. To have meet someone you know inside there is truly the best thing ever. To the point of you would feel happy even if you met someone you hate. And to met Dongha whom I close to made me so happy. 
16.     How does it feel to be getting compliments from fellow actors/actreeses?
-    How should I say it? Of course I am happy and thankful with the compliments, but Im too embarassed to hear it myself. I so embarrassed. (laugh)
17.     Is there any scene that you still remember?
-    The character I played, No Jiwook, was a prosecutor before he became a lawyer. That’s why there were many court scenes as well, I struggled a lot because of the long lines. I remember all of the scenes I had with Jihyun. I remember the scene of me and Ji Eunhyuk ( played by Cha Taejoon) got into a fight with a group of high-schooler too. The scene where me and Dongha tried to deceive each other too.
18.     What is the scene that left big impact to you?
-    It is the scene when Bonghee confessed to Jiwook, and Jiwook answered with “Don’t like me.” At that time Jiwook already had scar from his past, so he drew a line between them. Because of that scene, the relationship between the two became oddly close, thus made it more memorable to me. Hen he said “don’t like me” he didn’t mean it, he only said that because if she likes him, she would be put in difficult situations, it was actually a sweet scene. I thought a lot for that scene.

25. The lines you like from your dramas? 
-I suddenly remember this. In "Suspicious Partner", when a drunk (Jiwook) said "come work with me" to Eun Bonghee. In my opinion that scene was really interesting.

Translations credit from Korean to English: @riririru thank you once again dearie! :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

Ugg thanks @riririru for the translations and @babyval22 for sharing it here.

It's so lovely to see how much Wook still treasures SP and working with hyunnie so much even after his 2 years of military service.

We already knew thanks to him talking about her as soon as he finished his service and inviting her to his musical while he was just a civilian that they were still close but it's nice to get reminded of that.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Hola! I am new on Soompi. I was a lurker in drama threads for a long time recently created an account to participate in discussions. I got to know about JCW last year and soon binge watched three of his dramas Suspicious Partner being my most favourite one till now. I am not into shipping but thought I should say this JCW and NJH have the best chemistry one of it's kind. This kind of chemistry is irreplaceable and can't be created just by anyone. This is the first time I am in awe with a K-Drama couple. I keep re-watching their old clips on YouTube and they still make me relive the magic I felt watching them for the first time. The last time I was this taken by two actors with their chemistry was in 2004. They were none other than actors Vic Zhou and Barbie Shu. They acted together in MARS and watching JCW-NJH remind me of them. They were known for their excellent chemistry who later turned into real life couple but sadly not together anymore. I won't be surprised if these two become one of those REEL turned into REAL couples they are excellent together. I watched their behind the scenes he looks smitten by her. 

Edited by Hush
  • Like 12

21 hours ago, Hush said:

Hola! I am new on Soompi. I was a lurker in drama threads for a long time recently created an account to participate in discussions. I got to know about JCW last year and soon binge watched three of his dramas Suspicious Partner being my most favourite one till now. I am not into shipping but thought I should say this JCW and NJH have the best chemistry one of it's kind. This kind of chemistry is irreplaceable and can't be created just by anyone. This is the first time I am in awe with a K-Drama couple. I keep re-watching their old clips on YouTube and they still make me relive the magic I felt watching them for the first time. The last time I was this taken by two actors with their chemistry was in 2004. They were none other than actors Vic Zhou and Barbie Shu. They acted together in MARS and watching JCW-NJH remind me of them. They were known for their excellent chemistry who later turned into real life couple but sadly not together anymore. I won't be surprised if these two become one of those REEL turned into REAL couples they are excellent together. I watched their behind the scenes he looks smitten by her. 

Hello and thanks for dropping by to say hi! Hehe. Its always nice to hear nice things said about our OTP, especially from viewers who are considered more neutral. Haha. We wouldnt be surprised too and are just holding out for the day. Lmao. Well, we can only hope and pray for them! Heh. 

23 hours ago, sprinklingmess said:

@babyval22 thanks for sharing the translations hun :rolleyes:

how cute that he remembers all the scenes with Jihyun :wub:

Buahaha. I know right! When i first read it, my heart was brimming with fullness. And it doesnt help that he mentioned his heart flutters at shooting location, like dude, which locations? Lmao. I love how its really obvious that they remained closed too, despite the MS in between. Hehe. 

And that retort of they are lying just shows how comfortable he is with her to put it out on records in an interview no less. Kekeke. 

19 hours ago, noodlez_ said:

thanks for posting! love how fondly he spoke about his time filming SP.  i wonder if the reporter knew about JH going to his musical. 

Haha. I think they all knew but all are banned from asking about that. Lmao. Ji-goner has a reputation afterall. Lolol.

• Like 8

On 10/29/2019 at 4:15 PM, babyval22 said:

Buahaha. I know right! When i first read it, my heart was brimming with fullness. And it doesnt help that he mentioned his heart flutters at shooting location, like dude, which locations? Lmao. I love how its really obvious that they remained closed too, despite the MS in between. Hehe. 

And that retort of they are lying just shows how comfortable he is with her to put it out on records in an interview no less. Kekeke. 

Locations like being in Jihyun’s arms and presence made his heart flutter lol :D he is very transparent and that is one of the things I admire the most about him. He will happily admit that the shooting locations made his heart flutter and he liked filming the sweet romantic scenes :wub:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sprinklingmess said:

Locations like being in Jihyun’s arms and presence made his heart flutter lol :D he is very transparent and that is one of the things I admire the most about him. He will happily admit that the shooting locations made his heart flutter and he liked filming the sweet romantic scenes :wub:

Well.. he did say before that SP made him want to date and fall in love! Lmao. 

• Like 5

Here you go dearies! For the complete translations of the Japanese magazine, Mokkai! 

Please credit @mooi_75 from twitter for the Jap to Korean translation and @riririru for the Korean to Eng translations. Have fun reading! 

The comeback of Ji Chang Wook! One million interview of his work activities to daily life

He is finally back. Before his enlisment two years ago, Ji Changwook said he’s ecited to see how himself  will change. Even though there’s no significant changes, his aura is different from before. You can feel his maturity and calmness. After finishing his military duty, He told the stories of his vacation with his mother, his projects before enlistment, and his new-project “Melting me slowly”( 2019, TvN). 

1.    You went to Tokyo with your mother after you discharged.
You are working straight away.
-    I am busy (laugh). I am currently shooting for my new project “Melting Me slowly”. But on my free time, I’d go to sauna with my friends, or working out. Oh right! I also ride my bike that I like. After finishing my military duty, I went on a vacation.
2.    You are really same like before.
-    No way. I feel like I change a little bit. (laugh)
3.    How was the military life?
-    It was more fun that what I had thought. I was worried before. About how I am going to spend that long time in there. But, once I spend my time in there, it went quickly. Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe because I have a new project now, I havent got a chance to show the personality I got during my military life. It’s not been a long time since I got discharged, I haven’t feel it.
4.    Have you ever woke up even though you still want to sleep more? 
-    Never. If you listen to the stories of people who had discharged, Most of them say that after spending to years of daily routine, their eyes wouldd naturally open early in the morning. But not me, I sleep like a log. I guess I adapt well. (laugh)
5.    Did you go to the vacation with your mother?
-    Yes. We went to Tokyo. We ate delicious food, and visited the sauna near Mountain Fuji. After that, (I/we) also went to Okinawa to shot for a magazine. We didn’t had a lot of time to go to another places, so we chose Okinawa. It was my first time there, I liked it. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see-sighting, But I am still happy I got to spend a good time with my mother in Tokyo.
6.    Please tell us more detail about the trip.
-    It has a special place in my heart as I went there only with my mother. At first I was worried what if the trip will not go smoothly or so, but no, It was really fun. It was big relief. We ate a lot of good food and had a good rest. 
7.    You performed in a musical during your military service.
-    During the time of my service, a military musical titled “Sinheung Military Academic” was made. The timing was good. I was happy I got a chance to act, I like to think that I have a good fortune. Since I did it together along with Haneul, Sungyu of Infinite and the other  (chosen) soldiers, I did it very comfortably. Especially Haneul, I got to act again with him after almost 10years. It was my first time doing a musial with the others soldiers, I am happy because it made us became closer than before. The project I curious about during my service? I don’t really know. We watched videos of Idols. (laugh). Since we had a sleeping schedule, we cannot watch dramas that airs late at night.
8.    Your comeback variety show is a fishing program. It feel so new.
-    I appeared in there because of Deokhwa hyung. I knew him from “Suspicious Partner”, He made me a party before my enlistment, he also visited me during my service. He is like the father figure to me. I was thinking of visiting him after my duty, since Deokha hyung is also in that program, I decided to appear on that program. I once got a class for fishing, so that’s also count.
9.    How was it? Do you like fishing?
-    I decide to stop fishing. (laugh). Rather than hating or liking it, it’s exhausting for my body. It as my first time fishing, on the first day, I had to be on the boat for 13hours, and 12hours on the second day. I didn’t have a seasick or anything, but it was still hard. I felt thrilled when  I have to pull the fish, but other that that, I don’t know.  Since I did nothing but waiting. (laughs)
10.    After the program aired, There was an article with title “The genious of acting, The genious of fishing 
-    The reporter probably only wrote that article for fun, I am bad at fishing, hahaha
11.    How was variety show?
-    I enjoy watching them, but to be on it, not really.. It’s not my field. There’s also a saying that one must be funny to be on variety show, if not, it will be fail. Because of the higher pressure, It stucks on my mind. But still, I enjoy them. I often watching variety shows during my meal or my resting time. Aren’t everyone also like me? The collaboration of eating alone and variety shows is the best.

You said you are bad at doing cheesy things, but your cheesy acting are actually not bad.

12.    I will ask about your projects again. First, is about “suspicious Partner”, what does this drama mean to you?
-    It was the last project I did before my enlistment. I remember having so much fun shooting the drama due to its’ funny and comic-like scenes. It was also funny even in the behind the scenes. There were many NG because we cannot hold our laughter. (laugh) Although the genre was romantic-comedy, it also had thriller elements on it which made it more fun to act on.
13.     The drama became a huge issue as it  as your first romantic-comedy drama.
-    At first I was worried whether I could be able to nailed it or not. But, the shooting location made my heart flutter. I liked the sweet romanctic scenes. There’s nothing different just because it was a romantic-comedy. If I have to say, I had more fun acting because it was a romantic-comedy. It wasn’t difficult to do the lines or moves that can be only found in rocom. Although I am not a person who can do cheesy act, I was able to do it easily. I also able to acted out the cheesy moves as neat as I wanted.
14.     You managed to act the cheesy scenes flawlessly
-    I like comedy. I gave out many ideas in the shooting location. Even though it was fun, but since it was a mixed of romantic and thriller, the actors had to act with the right tension. There were times where we had to act from serious one to comedy in a second. Although it was quite difficult, I tried to focus more on the character.
15.     Nam JiHyun (Eun Bong Hee) and Dongha (Jung Hyunsoo) who acted along with you, had said that your eyes and gaze made them cannot focus on their acting.
-    They are lying hahaha. I never saw Jihyun and Dongha acted that way because of that reason. Maybe it was because they forgot their lines? (laughs) The atmosphere of the shooting location was really joyful. We stick together, and had discussions during the break time. Ah right! Dongha is currently doing his military service as well, what fascinating is that, we coincidentally met in the basecamp. To have meet someone you know inside there is truly the best thing ever. To the point of you would feel happy even if you met someone you hate. And to met Dongha whom I close to made me so happy. 
16.     How does it feel to be getting compliments from fellow actors/actreeses?
-    How should I say it? Of course I am happy and thankful with the compliments, but Im too embarassed to hear it myself. I so embarrassed. (laugh)
17.     Is there any scene that you still remember?
-    The character I played, No Jiwook, was a prosecutor before he became a lawyer. That’s why there were many court scenes as well, I struggled a lot because of the long lines. I remember all of the scenes I had with Jihyun. I remember the scene of me and Ji Eunhyuk ( played by Cha Taejoon) got into a fight with a group of high-schooler too. The scene where me and Dongha tried to deceive each other too.
18.     What is the scene that left big impact to you?
-    It is the scene when Bonghee confessed to Jiwook, and Jiwook answered with “Don’t like me.” At that time Jiwook already had scar from his past, so he drew a line between them. Because of that scene, the relationship between the two became oddly close, thus made it more memorable to me. Hen he said “don’t like me” he didn’t mean it, he only said that because if she likes him, she would be put in difficult situations, it was actually a sweet scene. I thought a lot for that scene.
You played on “THE K2” because you want to show the atmosphere of “tough man”
19.     We would like to hear stories about action drama “THE K2” as well.
-    I just hit 30yo at that time, instead of using my body, I wanted to play a man with more mature atmosphere. Also, the role of bodyguards was a huge thing at that time. I already played a bodyguard role in a musical “The Days”, I thought it would be fun to do such role on TV or movies as well. And I got the offer to play “THE K2”. I thought I would be able to show a great action through this drama thus I chose it.
20.     What is the definition of “manly” to you?
-    Since it’s not been awhile since “THE K2” aired, my thought of manly men i s still the same. It’ s difficult to make a definition. The definition of manly men I had at that time, was the action in the drama. To sacrifice his body for the sake of protecting the woman he loves. To be honest at that time, I had a thought “Is action really like this?” because I did it until the end, I thought I should rest for a bit. But now, I want to try another one if I receive a good offer. I think I can do a better job than before.
21.     It was a truly an action project. Wasn’t it difficult?
-    The main focus of the drama was the action, so the risk of getting injured was high. But, since I shot the scenes after many times of practice, I able to did it safely. I talked a lot ith the director about the action. Although the Kim Jeha inside the scriptbook is a tough bodyguard with a great acton skill, rather than to sho off his skill, we both agree that simple action would work better for him (Jeha), so I acted him like that.
22.     We would like to hear your thought on the “13 vs 1 sauna” scene.
-    Actually, it as supposed to be a comical scene. The team already choose a funny mosaic for it, but on the d-day, after the director saw the shooting location, he said he wanted the scene to be a serious one. He said it would be good to fight in a hot sauna room. I was worried for it. He (Jeha) was naked, and was shampooing and suddenly went on a fight? I thought how it would turn out. But after I saw the monitoring, I thought “Is this the right way to do it?”. It was difficult to imagine the scene inside my head. Because I had to act while only wearing a panty. Who would thought it would turn out to be that cool? (laughs)
23.    As there any moment they use your idea in the shooting location?
-    For action, the moves are usually created in the location. Because the script didn’t put much detail of it, usually the action trainer, the director, me and the other three people would create the moves. Even for the ending kiss during the naration for Anna and Jeha, we made it together in the location.
24.    In the end Jeha didn’t tell his real name. Even though Anna asked, he answer nothing.
-    I also don’t know. The writer didn’t tell us.
25.    The fans’ imagination are fun. They said the reason hy Jeha likes Anna as because his mother’s name is Anna Raker, and that Jeha’s real name is Donghae, etc (laugh)
-    Hahaha, The Donghae from “Smile, Donghae”?. Well who knows. I played as Donghae, and Do Jiwon sunbaenim played as Anna Raker as my mother in that drama.(laugh) But still, fans’ imaginations are really creative. I think fans out there are much vmrter than us. (laugh). If I think about it now, knowing Jeha’s real name is not that important, But it was important before. I wonder who his real name is. I think having the drama ended without knowing his real name is not a bad thing.
The drama that made you feel happy while acting “Healer”, the drama that you wanted so much to play on “Empress Ki”
26.    You also showed action-romance on Healer.
-    Song Jina writer-nim wrote a phenomenal script. Not only the whole script, but also each of the details, It was truly beautiful. Everytime I read the script, I would text song writer-nim “The story is joyful because you rote it beautifully”. I had fun shooting ith the director, the chemistry between I and Park Min Young sunbaenim whom played Chae Young shin were also good. Many of good scenes were made thanks to the cool scenes.
27.     A nerdy newbie reporter during the day, An illegal night courire during the night. You acted as two character at once, wasn’t it difficult?
-    The characters that often came out were the two of them, But there were also others personalities that I had to act on, which made me had a quite hard time. To be able to eperience that as an actor is a happy thing, I am glad. Even though all of them were packed up as Seo Junghoo, I acted each of the personalities with different feelings. The newbie reporter Park Bongsoo is clumsy and innocent. The seo Junghoo who just came back from Russia and currently jobless is lazy. The Healer is perfect and also witty. I was very interested in acting on each of them.
28.     Is there any scenes that you still remember? If you have one, please tell us.
-    The scene where (Junghoo) cried after seeing his mentor Ki Youngjae passed away. Actually at that time, I was worried on who should (Junghoo) react to the situation. The writer-nim said, Junghoo doesn’t know how to cry, and that he never cried before. He cried for the first time after getting closer to Youngshin. Although the script was easy to understand, it was hard to express it in acting. Even now, I still think I didn’t nail that performance. To me, from the deepest of my heart, this drama made me know how fun acting is. The memories from the drama occasionally comes up in my mind. Furthermore, I personally liked Bongsoo who acted like a fool. Especially the scene of him wearing a weird wig inside the café. (laughs). He had to do it due to the custommer’s favour, to spy on Youngshin’s father, I had so much fun.
29.     Please tell us story about Empress Ki as well
-    I really wanted to play in this drama. When I received the offer, there was already an actor chosen for the role, Only left for Tahwan’s role. I cannot hold myself to play in this drama. “I would do anything you want me to do!” I felt like this. Thankfully they accepted me, and I became the last cast that joined the team, I was very happy throughout the shooting schedule. There script and the character were very interesting.
30.     You must be had fun throughout the shooting time
-    Yes! I was happy I could that role, the director and writer-nim also respect my opinions.
31.     If you can play as Tahwan again, would you do it?
-    I don’t think I would be able to do it as great as before. To show that child-like vibe again. (If I play it now) It will come out as more mature image. That will cross with Tahwan’s personality. I want to leave it as my precious memory (laughs).
“Melting Me Softly” The drama you’ve chosen because you believe you can nail it.
32.     What makes you interested in “Melting Me Softly?”
-    I liked the comedy elements inside the drama. The plot also sounds fun. Waking up after 20years, and you are suddenly 52years old. With a 32years old’s face. Is not it really interesting? I cannot imagine how to act on it, but after gathered along with the other casts and did the script-reading, I’m starting to figure it out. I’m confident it will be a good one.
33.     Now the situation is on Ma Dong Chan’s shoes. Can you empathize with him?
-    Actually no at first. Having to wake up after 20years in one thing, Having to maintain the body temprature bellow 33c is another thing, I am worried whether I would be able to show this kind of feel rightly. Although there’s no science fact behind it, I still think it is enough to entertaint. Usually, in other dramas, incidents happens between the main leads, but in our drama, the temprature does the work for us.
34.     How do you potray the 90s scenes?
-    Actually for now, there’s not much of 90s scenes in the script. It was only in the first episode, it is already in 2019 in the second episode. As I was born in year 1987, Im not unfamilliar with 90s, It reminds me of my childhood. Since it is more important to potray the way Dongchan adapt to his new life in 2019, rather than his past, I want to show more about how his life changed after the accident.
35.     What will you do if you are in Dongchan’s shoes?
-    I will find a way to solve it. I am not really interested in ne things, and since I have a quick adaptation skill, I might also do nothing if that’s happens. Handphone? Strangely, I don’t really use any gadget other than mobile phone. (laughs) I only know phone-call and message, chatting application, and camera. That’s enough.
36.     What are the resemblance between Dongchan and you?
-    Dongchan has more presistence than me. He can make decisions quickly. He’s the type of person who never regret his choices. As for me, I would dwell on it for days. I am a coward compared to Dongchan.
37.     That’s very unexpected.
-    I am like that. I worry a lot, I am cautious, I am fearful. I even worry about what I am going to eat for the day. (laughs) I am indecisive. Even on meal time during shooting period, I always asked for other’s opinions first. Such as “what should I eat?”. I can’t make decision alone. I often accept and follow others’ choices. Even for chosing projects. I worry for a long time, I only choose the project once I am sure I would be able to nail it. I have no regrets once I made the decisions.
38.     You thought a lot before choosing project.
-    It is not easy. How would it turn out, how would the ending turn out, I can not figure that out just by reading the scriptbook. I choose my projects after thinking whether I really want and can do the role or not. The genre I want to try? It’s changing day by day. I like suspence, so do romance. My mind is changing everyday.
39.     I am excited  for “Melting Me Softly”. Won Jina said that you are humoris.
-    I still not able to meet Jina-ssi that much, but she already said that. I am embarassed hahaha. We still don’t have many scenes together, so it is still awkward. I am  a type who how my real-personality later after we become close, I can’t wait for later. I think Jina is a honest and an outgoing person.
40.     What do you think she means by humoris?
-    My kind of humors cannot be explained. You won’t know unless you see it yourself, hahaha. We laughed a lot by ourselves because the scenes we shot were too funny. I think Jina said that because of this.
41.     What do you think is the highlight of this drama?
-    It’s hard to choose one. The whole sho is mostly revolves around Go Miran’s life. They (Dongchan and Miran) often fight with each other. They have an illness that their body temprature should never cross 33c, but still they fall in love. I think it will be fun to see the progress of Dongchan and Miran. Please put a lot of interest in that part.
42.     Sometimes as an actor, one should either hide or show their true self. How about Dongchan in “Melting Me Softly”?
-    That is a difficult question. There are time hen one should show their emotion, and also to hide them. Since there’s no given answer to this question, I worry a lot about this everyday. Whether would it be easier to potray the character deeply or neatly. I think about it in different ways. For now, I choose to show my true self. Hiding my true self will be my homework for later.
43.     Do you have something that you must keep during the shooting process?
-    During the shooting process, there are times where actors and the director have different opinions. If that’s happens the actor would try to convice the directors first. But, not to force one’s opinions on others. I always say my opinions, but if in the end they don’t agree with mine, I absolutely follow the director’s path. because my point of view is only based on my character only, but the director’s point of view is revolving around everyone’s characters. To be honest, I don’t like battling with others. Even though each person has different style of acting, overall we all are heading to the same goal. At times, my opinions are right, sometimes they are not. I am trying to improve myself everytime.
44.     What do you think something you can gain from “Melting Me Softly”?
-    I am not thinking of anything right now. When I see Dongchan, the only thing that appear in my mind is that I want to enjoy potraying him. Of course I ould be happy if the drama goes ell and received a lot of love. Ah right! I also want to hear something like “I want to atch everything that has Ji Changwook in it!”. I want to be an actor who can gain more trust from everyone. Am I being too greedy? (laughs)
45.     What is your motivation?
-    The joyful feeling of acting, and the sincerity towards the work. Those motivate me the most. It might due to my pride, or because of the amount of the paycheck I got (laugh). Those things move me. If I don’t try everything, I would feel embarassed as an actor. If I am slacking, I would feel apologetic to my fans who believe and support me. I am going to do my best so that my fans will be proud to admit that they are Ji Changwook’s fans.
46.     Are you satisfied with yourself?
-    If I can say honestly, I never once satisfied with myself. I can’t say “It’s good” when someone asked me about my work. Every people are different. There are people who gains energy by being satisfied ith themselves, but not me. I gain energy in complex way.
47.     There’s not much left in 2019. What’s your plans for the rest of the year?
-    I am really thinking a lout about this. Whether should I continue working like this, or to take a time for myself. I have not make my decision. I am focusing on my new project for now. (in small voice) But still, I want to spend the end of the year leisurely. Since it will be the first end-year after I discharged, I want to spend it that ay. Without working. (laughs)
48.     Before, you have said that you fell asleep on your way to the beach.
-    (laughs) Ah~, that. It happened before my enlisment. I like going out out of sudden like that. Even now I often go out without any plans. Or that I asked my friend “shall we go?” and gone to Busan. As for the beach incident you mentioned (laughs), I suddenly wanted to go to the beach, I drove my car at around 4A.M., alone. I cannot think straightly at that time. Because I felt very sleepy. I wanted to keep going, but the sun rose, and I felt sleepy. I decided to take a quick nap in the rest area, but when I woke up, it was already lunch time. The weather was very hot as it was summer. In the end, all I did was sleeping in the rest area and headed back home hahaha.
49.     Please do rest at the end of the year. (laughs) Lastly, please say something to the fans.
-    Please watch “Melting Me Softly”. I am currently doing my best shooting for it. It’s not a heavy drama. I think this is a drama you can watch easily. I am glad I can greet you like this, thank you once again. I hope we can meet again, I will live my life fully!

-------- 

I cannot at namji and Busan. LOL. What is it with Busan that is so interesting? Hahahah. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11

goodness, goodness me... :love: 

3 hours ago, babyval22 said:

48.     Before, you have said that you fell asleep on your way to the beach.
-    (laughs) Ah~, that. It happened before my enlisment. I like going out out of sudden like that. Even now I often go out without any plans. Or that I asked my friend “shall we go?” and gone to Busan. As for the beach incident you mentioned (laughs), I suddenly wanted to go to the beach, I drove my car at around 4A.M., alone. I cannot think straightly at that time. Because I felt very sleepy. I wanted to keep going, but the sun rose, and I felt sleepy. I decided to take a quick nap in the rest area, but when I woke up, it was already lunch time. The weather was very hot as it was summer. In the end, all I did was sleeping in the rest area and headed back home hahaha.

otherwise known as "car camping"...

normally the saying is "loose lips sink ships", but with Namji it is the other way around! Sail onwards!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, babyval22 said:

I remember all of the scenes I had with Jihyun. I re

As a certified NamJi Goners - this is the most heart  fluttering sentences from this interview ! :lol: Daebak ,after almost 3 years he is still remembered ALL the scenes with Ji Hyun :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3