[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

4 minutes ago, ptp321 said:

The timing is strange isn’t it?  Before his enlistment, he mentioned his new found affection for rom-coms because it’s light, fun, and doesn’t take a physical toll on his body.  Once he got the offer of the script, he could’ve confirmed as soon as he discharged (side note: I feel like “discharged” is a dirty word. I didn’t type that.. blame it on @Harry97 ‘s cat. Lol). 

Anyways, why wait a couple of days to confirm something that you exactly wanted before? Rationally speaking, we don’t really know if Hyunnie “approved” this or not, but I am 100% sure she influenced his choice.  

Who all here is surprised I still had an ounce of rationality in me? *first to raise my own hand*

Totally agree. I think that she probably had some say. You don't ask someone for their help and then just disregard their advice (especially if you let the world know you asked them for advice). I'm leaning towards the idea that she is basically going to say: What will be the most fun for you? The space one will probably require a lot of physical work compared to the romcom.

As for steamy scenes, if HDH is anything to go by I think the romance scenes will be pretty standard for a light romcom. Probably depends on the actress (and they will be able to get whomever they want since the show will get so much buzz because of JCW). 

------------

I am LIVING for the anti-shippers at the moment. They are so pressed. We are keeping things to ourselves, and they still gripe. 

Like @Shipper07 said, we are fact-based... Of course, there are theories and some reading between the lines but that is the point of shipping n'est ce pas? 

I'd also like to say I find that a lot of their negativity seems focused on our girl not being good enough for Wookie... Which is absurd. She is very smart (studying at one of the top universities), she has one of the most incredible track records for a child actress moving into being a leading lady, she is clearly considered by the industry to be a strong costar for some of the hottest actors in the business, and finally she is clearly just a genuinely nice person. I am really excited for her next project because let's be honest it will be pretty incredible. She has some serious pull and who knows what she will take on... I'm personally hoping for something meaty (goodness, I mean I have my own personal ideas for a story I would like to see her in but that is that). 

-----------

Finally (I'm covering a lot ground here) I'm hoping that they take the next few weeks to decompress. I expect that we will be having a pretty high content May and June... (yikes but I don't think we can take another bomb just yet). 

I'll take a moment of delulu and hope that they are spending that rest time together--very carefully, in private, and getting to enjoy finishing up their most recent big commitments. He said he wanted to eat a good, tasty meal. She has said that her favourite thing is having tasty meals with her nearest and dearest. 

I'll finish with this thought: Part of what makes us good shippers is that we are responsible while also being a bit stary-eyed at the little moments they give us. Personally, of all the fandoms I've viewed (whether drama or idols) this one has the least amount of negativity--which is why I went from lurker to poster. Everyone here is positive, supportive, and equally excited that they have kept in touch because regardless of a possible romantic shenanigans we like that they created a bond and stayed in touch. We just also happen to be incredibly lucky that the kind of fate you normally only find in dramas is happening in real life.*** However it turns out, I'm pretty sure that this thread will continue to be a place where we can support two great actors.

And I'm out!

***Like legit, and this not us being crazy, there are so many times that they have overlapped (however innocently) that you could write a drama based off of them and literally NO ONE would think that the story was way out there. I mean if I had the free time I would do it... I mean shipper gods, I might just have to if we get any more crumbs... goodbye private life if that happens.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

6 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

I am more curious about the actress they will choose I just hope it's someone who can act and can share good chemistry with him

Same. My guess is it will be someone with a track record of sass... not sure who is around but Seo Hyun-Jin is one of my top bets at the moment--not a lot of sass but popular and loads of experience in the genre.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Same. My guess is it will be someone with a track record of sass... not sure who is around but Seo Hyun-Jin is one of my top bets at the moment--not a lot of sass but popular and loads of experience in the genre.

And isn’t she in the same agency as our Ji Hyunnie? That would be very convenient...just sayin’.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, ptp321 said:

And isn’t she in the same agency as our Ji Hyunnie? That would be very convenient...just sayin’.

I just want to ask the same... :lol: 

Agree with @tinymel, Seo Hyunjin is a good actress and also good in romcom genre. And also from SOOP, Jihyun's labelmate. Interesting :wub: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Wondering about the same thing @ptp321! H has been very quiet since midterms, whereas the rest of us would’ve probably partied, caught up on sleep and finally washed (for realz) our hair - in no particular order - after gruelling weeks/days (cramming, in my case) of prep. LOL. 

But then again, when someone’s practically in some form of LDR, the person gets approving nods, knowing looks and cheeky winks in favor of the special someone. Then we get zoned-out, and the expected radiosilence gives fodder to the most intruiging [and in my circle, mostly steamy] theories.

Ohmyheart!! The anticipation of H’s next update is bound to be meaningful. I don’t know why, but something tells me its gonna be pivotal *sigh*.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, tinymel said:

Totally agree. I think that she probably had some say. You don't ask someone for their help and then just disregard their advice (especially if you let the world know you asked them for advice). I'm leaning towards the idea that she is basically going to say: What will be the most fun for you? The space one will probably require a lot of physical work compared to the romcom.

As for steamy scenes, if HDH is anything to go by I think the romance scenes will be pretty standard for a light romcom. Probably depends on the actress (and they will be able to get whomever they want since the show will get so much buzz because of JCW). 

------------

I am LIVING for the anti-shippers at the moment. They are so pressed. We are keeping things to ourselves, and they still gripe. 

Like @Shipper07 said, we are fact-based... Of course, there are theories and some reading between the lines but that is the point of shipping n'est ce pas? 

I'd also like to say I find that a lot of their negativity seems focused on our girl not being good enough for Wookie... Which is absurd. She is very smart (studying at one of the top universities), she has one of the most incredible track records for a child actress moving into being a leading lady, she is clearly considered by the industry to be a strong costar for some of the hottest actors in the business, and finally she is clearly just a genuinely nice person. I am really excited for her next project because let's be honest it will be pretty incredible. She has some serious pull and who knows what she will take on... I'm personally hoping for something meaty (goodness, I mean I have my own personal ideas for a story I would like to see her in but that is that). 

-----------

Finally (I'm covering a lot ground here) I'm hoping that they take the next few weeks to decompress. I expect that we will be having a pretty high content May and June... (yikes but I don't think we can take another bomb just yet). 

I'll take a moment of delulu and hope that they are spending that rest time together--very carefully, in private, and getting to enjoy finishing up their most recent big commitments. He said he wanted to eat a good, tasty meal. She has said that her favourite thing is having tasty meals with her nearest and dearest. 

I'll finish with this thought: Part of what makes us good shippers is that we are responsible while also being a bit stary-eyed at the little moments they give us. Personally, of all the fandoms I've viewed (whether drama or idols) this one has the least amount of negativity--which is why I went from lurker to poster. Everyone here is positive, supportive, and equally excited that they have kept in touch because regardless of a possible romantic shenanigans we like that they created a bond and stayed in touch. We just also happen to be incredibly lucky that the kind of fate you normally only find in dramas is happening in real life.*** However it turns out, I'm pretty sure that this thread will continue to be a place where we can support two great actors.

And I'm out!

***Like legit, and this not us being crazy, there are so many times that they have overlapped (however innocently) that you could write a drama based off of them and literally NO ONE would think that the story was way out there. I mean if I had the free time I would do it... I mean shipper gods, I might just have to if we get any more crumbs... goodbye private life if that happens.

PREACH!!! :thumbsup:

And awww... thanks for the compliment. Same thought :blush: : "Personally, of all the fandoms I've viewed (whether drama or idols) this one has the least amount of negativity--which is why I went from lurker to poster. Everyone here is positive, supportive, and equally excited that they have kept in touch because regardless of a possible romantic shenanigans we like that they created a bond and stayed in touch. We just also happen to be incredibly lucky that the kind of fate you normally only find in dramas is happening in real life.*** However it turns out, I'm pretty sure that this thread will continue to be a place where we can support two great actors." :love:

• Like 4
  • Love 10

I mean a love letter to fans is only fair right... 

The Blower’s Daughter is one of my all time favs. Such a glorious love song about yearning for someone who isn’t right next to you! 

(...before my internal shipper sneaks in... :crazy::wub::D)

• Like 12

13 hours ago, tinymel said:

I'd also like to say I find that a lot of their negativity seems focused on our girl not being good enough for Wookie... 

The amount of recent vitriol directed at our couple is out of control.  The more hate they spew at her, the more comforting those broad shoulders will be! Despite all this, she is cool as a cucumber, which makes him cherish her even more and they’re too dumb to realize that their resentment just brings NamJi closer, but what do you expect with a rabid fan base that cannot separate fiction from reality?

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, ptp321 said:

The timing is strange isn’t it?  Before his enlistment, he mentioned his new found affection for rom-coms because it’s light, fun, and doesn’t take a physical toll on his body.  Once he got the offer of the script, he could’ve confirmed as soon as he discharged (side note: I feel like “discharged” is a dirty word. I didn’t type that.. blame it on @Harry97 ‘s cat. Lol). 

Anyways, why wait a couple of days to confirm something that you exactly wanted before? Rationally speaking, we don’t really know if Hyunnie “approved” this or not, but I am 100% sure she influenced his choice.  

Who all here is surprised I still had an ounce of rationality in me? *first to raise my own hand*

Hahahah. I lost all case of rationality already. Still really really trying very hard to get it back. Hurhur. 

13 hours ago, tinymel said:

And I'm out!

Wait! And you are out means just for this post i hope! Hahaa. Stay with us and spazz! Krkeke.

38 minutes ago, ptp321 said:

The amount of recent vitriol directed at our couple is out of control.  The more hate they spew at her, the more comforting those broad shoulders will be! Despite all this, she is cool as a cucumber, which makes him cherish her even more and they’re too dumb to realize that their resentment just brings NamJi closer, but what do you expect with a rabid fan base that cannot separate fiction from reality?

Savage! But yes, they shld all take a chill pill. 

Okie but really though, rationally speaking.. W can't be throwing such stuffs to us moving forward.. tbh, i predict a splash of cold water soon. Lolol. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

5 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Stay with us and spazz!

FOREVER !!!

6 hours ago, ptp321 said:

rabid fan base that cannot separate fiction from reality

I know... 

5 hours ago, Changsky said:

Wookie and Ggoma!

Can we take a moment for Ggoma? So rare to see Bedlington terriers... it made me so happy when I saw he had one!

5 hours ago, babyval22 said:

tbh, i predict a splash of cold water soon. Lolol.

Yeah... because he has to stay cool on his next drama... he is going to need a lot of cold water for that to work heheheheh

@pauliza can you explain this whole salty shipper sending 'prayers' to hyunnie? I don't really follow fan accounts but this has come up a bit so trying to educate myself... 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Lmao I can't catch up with our thread!!! :lol::wub:

source.gif

Thank you for the warm welcome, unnie!! This is super fun! 

My ‘lurker’ cap’s gone for good. LMAO. Imma sail proudly with all of you from now on, so you can add me to this ship’s proverbial passenger list. Wooot wooot!!!

I’ll share my personal journey to NamJiland once RL is less hectic for its bound to be a LONG post! Hahahaha.. but count me in moving forward. But I’ll say this, being schooled in observing nuances of human behavior and social interactions, our Captains are on another level!!

So excited for what’s coming next! *hugs* 

Can't wait to read your take dearie. I agree with @babyval22 if you love NamJi then you belong to NamJi family by default :wub:

On 4/29/2019 at 6:39 AM, nianderson said:

PART 15

From a cosmic perspective, the universe may or may not be sparing an afterthought to the tiny magnet-ball whizzing along minding its own business, but zooming in all the way through infinite space down to the east half of the said ball, quite a bit has been happening for the little souls to whom such concerns matter. Definitely moi, for one. History shall bear witness that Nia, circa 27th April 2019 AD, was found during the course of the entire day to have been frothing at the mouth and gibbering a rather questionable version of the good ol’ carol…. during Easter season.

A stanza for the benefit of the curious:

Spoiler

Good shippers all rejo-o-oice!

With heart and soul and vo-o-ice!

Listen now to what we say,

News! News!

Sergeant Wookie’s out today!

Seas and ships before him bow,

As he explodes love bombies now.

Wookie’s out today-ay! Wookie’s out today!

Not my proudest moment, I frankly admit, but that hardly mattered, for there was so much else to be gratified about. After 621 yards, honorably discharged Sergeant Ji Chang Wook returned to civilian life decorated with high achievement accolades. Starting from basic training, then through the ranks embodying the spirit of patriotic fervor as Dong Kyu, the whole course of his enlistment was a boundless service to his motherland, the best way he knew how to. What a son! What a man! He promised to do his best, and delivered in spades.

As for me, I promised to wait patiently, wait trustingly, wait the best way I knew how to. Seems like I did a pretty good job of it myself, if the reward of the wait is any indication.

As a shipper, I couldn’t have been more blessed than to have found JiJi. Their story might as well have been spun with fairy yarn for all the spectacular drama in it. Even the temporary separation brought its own charm and lessons for the couple and for their cheerleaders. I went in rest assured, as would anybody when bombarded with BTS Kiss MV at concerts, lovesick IVs, and promises to hypothetical yeojachingu. I stayed rest assured, as would anybody when buried in Director’s Cuts featuring the kind of osculation that’s guaranteed to render your spine to spaghetti and knees to jelly. Not to mention the staring, smiling, cuddling, caressing, petting, nuzzling, licking, biting, pulling, panting,…. um, well, the point I wished to make was that there was plenty of material and time gifted rather generously to stay comforted that JiJi had an association that was here to stay.

Mushy factors aside, there was one pivotal argument that bought my faith unreservedly.

Ji Chang Wook. More to the point, his belief, willingness, tenacity, determination, and the glorious point in his life when Nam Ji Hyun finally met him as his equal. He came to know her well during that time of his life when he was fully grown and capable of mastering the strings of attachment along with everything else he has and wants. Once he began to know her, he became determined to learn more. The more he learned, the more tenaciously he held onto everything that Hyunnie came to mean to him. The more she meant, the greater his willingness to be bound to her. The closer they bound, the deeper his belief grew- in his own constancy, in her inimitable strength, in their compelling destiny.

And perhaps these realizations are all the more potent in the light of the fact that each stance is equally true from his lady’s perspective, for she, in her turn, always matched his steps unerringly.

Nam Ji Hyun. The brilliant, charismatic, genuine and fascinating creature who basks in his adoration. And by whose virtue, I was able to finally see the beast that dwelt within her man’s heart. That which could feed its own wants unreservedly, fulfill hers immeasurably, possess while being possessed. That which could protect and keep to the end, destroy anything that dared threaten its own.

I saw it in him, when he first kissed her. Then in numerous moments until the drama was over and the moment of reckoning was at hand. With an almost devious cunning and will, skillfully sheathed in affability, he drew the lines, made his mark, told the world. Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun. Nam Ji Hyun and Ji Chang Wook. Thoughts of the entire world became speculations, rumors, probes, questions and curiosities, all closed in on JiJi, yet not one took form, not one touched them, especially her, not when he wills otherwise.

I witnessed him take hits on himself, saw him bear the ones that were not even earmarked for him. I can testify that he emerged all the stronger out of them. He knows she can do likewise, without a doubt, but there won’t be any experiments on his watch. He hasn’t even let a shadow of a query fall upon them yet, where either of them has to answer for something that is nobody’s business but theirs alone.

He enlisted making sure their bond stayed safe. He entrusted it to her protection with immense faith in their devotion to each other. He saw to it that the world acknowledged her association with him beyond their professional obligations, distancing it enough at the same time so all know they are not allowed in in any manner whatsoever, not even as a clickbait inquiry.

Now, I come out of the wait more assured than ever. Mere two weeks before his discharge, he picked up exactly where he left off.

If not for Hyunnie and Aluu CEO-nim posting about the musical visit, I’d hazard a guess that the whole affair could have been well-shrouded. To the best of my knowledge, except for one solitary twitter post stating that the person spotted Hyunnie at the musical and a picture of Wook with a bunch of ladies, literally nothing emerged from that evening show. Thus it’s not much of a stretch to reason out that Hyunnie’s and CEO’s posts were deliberate. It’s still more probable that JiJi decided it so.

Wook knows his comeback project discussions have become public even before his discharge… and wants those discussions to stay in the professional lane. People wanna talk about my future works, future co-stars, anticipation of all the different chemistries and such? Sure, let them, by all means… as long as they know it’s my work. Don’t confuse it with my personal life. That begins and ends with this lady

Pretty sure he got her the tickets. Pretty sure he had her chaperoned by their closest yet least controversial mutuals, both being CEOs of the salon. There was literally no hypothesis anybody could draw on seeing the two CEO onnies that would’ve negated, diminished or sidelined the fact that Hyunnie went to support Wookie (which might have been a different story had any other of their mutual acquaintances gone with her). Pretty sure he ensured that no one forgot he was in Hyunnie’s orbit as ever and he could do without another article about dating rumors with someone else, thank you very much.

Hyunnie’s post not only became the last word in #armygirlfriendgoals, but also provided definite response material for Wook when he left the service and got the visitation question wherever he turned.

Starting with this one:

Vid credit to the owner and English translation credit to @riririru

He had not even cleared the military base boundaries. Barely walked out, waved and greeted, said he wanted to eat a delicious meal and get back in shape and waited for the brief media Q&A with a smile. Mere seconds passed and not even a fractional measure of his boot-prints had imprinted upon the X spot before a Korean Merida shot the arrow many wanted to, but few dared.

Reporter: Did Nam Ji Hyun-shi come to visit you?

God bless her brave soul. She didn’t even ask how the past 20 odd months had been. The memory of the bomb was so fresh in the collective Korean minds that I could see in Ji Chang Wook’s eyes he was not really surprised. He knew it was coming, just not this soon. He had the answer ready, but hadn’t taken the time to phrase it and practice beforehand.

Wook: Visit… I don’t think it can be considered as a visit, but we got to see each other briefly. She came to watch when I was doing the musical, we greeted each other that time.

Point to Wook. Excellent strategy. All focus regarding visitation became centered on the one event that was public knowledge. The entire reference point of his answer was based on the musical meeting. If she has visited him in Cheorwon, it’s not for us to know. If he visited her during his off days, well, the reporter never asked him that, did she?

I personally found his stance very confident with regards to ‘what’ he was prepared to say. The question was bound to pop up at a fanmeeting, Vlive, IV, magazine shoot, etc. He didn’t have time to polish it quite well though, but should someone ask him the same thing at a later date, we might get to see the refined version.

Emcee: What did the other soldiers say about that?

Wook: I didn’t tell them that I met her.

In other words, it is nobody’s frickin’ business but ours what we do when we meet.

Also, whether it’s his friends in Cheorwon or among the musical cast & crew, Wook doesn’t want other people’s words in his mouth regarding comments about him and Hyunnie in a merged context. Maybe in private, he may or may not speak to his trusted bunch about them as a pair, but the crowds on the other side of the line are not going to hear it from him, at least not now. That’s a dangerous venture because it would leave him out in the open as a target for more questions he does not want to answer now. Maybe his army buddies did speak to him about Hyunnie even if they didn’t meet her, but any loose threads would unravel his intentions to ‘say so far and no further.’

Emcee: Why? Why?

Wook: Since the system only allowed the visitors to meet the person they wanted to meet.

Which would’ve been rather convenient for JiJi in every sense, I have to admit. If they didn’t speak much to others about their meeting, they have to answer fewer questions and divulge even less.

All things considered, the general consensus reasons out that such a visitors system prevails only in the actual camp—in this case Cheorwon—and it’s a very good probability, since Wook doesn’t want to touch the topic of a visit there with a ten-foot pole. Or maybe he wants us to discern such an implication without him having to spell it out and put himself on yet another spot. On the other hand, considering the occurrence on 12th April, I wouldn’t put it past Wook to have somehow managed to speak to Hyunnie alone before or after the musical. I mean, except for a handful of people, no one managed to interact with the cast on that singularly strange day. It’s JiJi after all, no wild is too wild for them.

Emcee: What did you talk with her?

Wook: I asked Ji Hyun to help me with the script, since she is very good at it. I remember asking her that.

Emcee: Ah, for your next project?

Wook: Yes, yes.

On a side note, the lady reporter might as well have bought lottery tickets that day. All she had to do was nerve herself up for the first question and the rest of the info fell into her lap for free. The Emcee couldn’t have been more enthusiastic about having finally gotten Wook around that particular bend and finished the slew of questions with a tremendous climax that bears upon literally all of the questions and answers above this final one. They are all a ‘read-between-the-lines’ for this one, solitary response.

We have never stopped talking, never stopped trusting, never stopped loving…. so much that she remains in me, and I in her. She is where I can be found, I where she can be.

Recall the faith in Wook that I spoke of way above? The clever and dangerous beast that guards this bond beyond all earthly considerations? Those realizations stem from one source of testimony. It is that Ji Chang Wook always speaks about Nam Ji Hyun being present in his future. During the drama, he spoke of his need for her support during conscription. Now that his service is done, he openly declares her place in the next chapter of his life, one of her many roles being a sounding board for his professional decisions that are soon to follow, which imply that Wook has already denied any other links to himself before the journey has even resumed again. Wherever he is, he can see Hyunnie with him there…. and further too. He means to keep her, she means to stay and sooner or later, God willing, a future would arrive where the two forever become one.

*Hugs post*  :heart:

Thank you for such a beautiful post unnie!! Made me tear up :bawling:

On 4/29/2019 at 7:34 AM, MoonlightSerenade said:

I can’t believe it’s D Day!!!! And our handsome man is finally out!!!! Woot!!! Woot!!!! I’m so numb! Where do I begin?!!! All I can say is “Let’s roll!!! Baby!! Roll!!!” :lol::lol::lol: Oppa is home!!! 

(Late post that did not post for some odd reason. Lol!) 

But hello chingus!!! No more peek a boos I see you!!! And nothing Ninja about our otp. It’s 2019 and we are rolling with the best of em! :wub:

Thank you for delurking beautiful! :kiss_wink:  Lmao Wookie and Hyunie have gone into hiding. :ph34r: C'mon show us your faces!!! :lol::lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1