[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

6 minutes ago, midorinokerochan said:

OK, I've quickly scrolled through the latest pages but I still have to properly backread from page 1511, and I think I have a few posts to reply to. I'll try to do that tomorrow, since RL calls today. But I have seen that people who don't have the dvd are (obviously :wink:) curious, and wondering about the level and amount of skinship in the DVD bts, etc, so I need to throw in my very first impression since I finished watching also the 2nd couple disc a few hours ago.

Please bear in mind that :

- I have only rushed through the couple discs (not that I fast-forwarded any part, but did not pause, replay, etc either) for now;

- Having a very limited understanding of Korean obviously doesn't help;

- I was also very tired when I watched, and especially last night when I watched the 2nd disc, 

- I have not watched the general bts yet, which I am sure  will give me/us a much better perspective;

- Obviously I've watched from a shipper's point of view.

For all the above mentioned reasons, my perception right now is probably strongly flawed right now. This means that some (but not all) of the things I am going to say here  might need to be revised after I have had the time to check out the entire content of the DVD and also to replay the couple discs. This is also not meant as a comprehensive analysis. I am just jotting down some random impressions to give a general picture to the people who don't have access to the DVD content and have to rely on our comments that will inevitably be a bit vague (because of the copyright issue) and will mainly focus on the shipper stuff (as expected since this is a shipper thread :tongue:

The couple bts are from quite a lot of scenes.

Due to the different tone and nature of the drama scenes (for instance, some required actual skinship beween JiBong, while in others they were just talking, etc.), the tone and nature of the bts also differs. (as it is easy to imagine, for instance skinship in the drama scene means more opportunities for "offcam" skinship, etc.) 

That's not the only difference: I need to go back and rewatch for this (to make sure that I did not miss something because I was sleepy, etc :lol:), but what I remember/felt is that some bts - especially for the early scenes - are really detailed and long, while for other scenes only shorter snippets are included. There might be a lot of reasons for this. Maybe they filmed less BTS footage for the last episodes because they were pressed for time  and the BTS cameraman was busy with other tasks (if it is the same for general bts - which I still have to check out - this could be a very likely conclusion), or maybe this is an editorial choice of our PDnim who selected the content for the DVD. Who knows...

Anyway, think that the BTS in the DVD are different from the BTS released from SBS Catch. Of course, some of the "old" bts are included here too, but here you get to see the bigger picture whereas the SBS Catch BTS  were just highlights. Here you really  get an idea of how they filmed the scenes, and the huge work that even the simplest scene required. 

Digression: I confess that I've never been particularly into filmmaking, etc. so while I've always known of course that there is always a loooot of work and also many nameless people behind every scene that we see on our screens I've rarely bothered to really understand what this means. For my movies, tv series, and dramas I am usually happy to enjoy the final result and that's it. Sometimes I might watch short BTS clips out of curiosity or to see what the atmosphere on set is like but I assure you that  if it had not been for NamJi I wouldn't have bothered to watch 6 hours (!) of this kind of documentary "making of" clips, and definitely I wouldn't have sacrificed 6 hours of sleep to do so. :o But I ended up loving what I saw, as I briefly mentioned in my previous message. Not just the smaller or bigger (in some cases, definitely BIG ^_^) glimpses of NamJi we got through this videos, but everything about this BTS. Starting from the teamwork of all the people involved in creating this drama to the obviously happy atmosphere on the set... to how JCW and NJH worked hard together and with the 2 directors to give us the best possible JiBong and SP.

So, let me say this one last time  to make things clear for the fellow shippers who cannot access all this content and for anyone else who might lurk here to check NamJi shipper's reactions and comments after the DVD...

The "couple BTS" are 6 hours long. Does it means 6 hours of NamJi of being lovey-dovey,  lost in their own world / in each other's eyes? 6 hours of NamJi making out or finding any possible excuse to have skinship with each other? NO. Not at all. 

I was not expecting that. Not only because  of course it would have been inappropriate and not suitable, but above all because I have a high opinion of both NJH and JCW as actors and individuals, and I have no doubt that they are serious and professional about their job. I was not at all disappointed in this regard, and everything I saw further cemented my opinion and respect and love for them. And without this respect and love for them, I could not ship them.

In these couple BTS I saw two people being very professional and working really, really hard even if always in a happy mood.  Two people tirelessly rehearsing their scenes, talking with the directors and attentively listening to them... in this respect, what both of them had said in many  interviews about discussing a lot about their scenes between themselves and with pdnim in order to make them more beautiful, to convey the feelings more effectively, etc. materialized before my eyes. I am incredibly thankful to NJH and JCW for this hard work that is readily apparent from these BTS, because no matter what their real feelings for each other are, without their professionalism and their acting skills JiBong wouldn't have been such a beautiful and enjoyable drama OTP to watch.  

We all know after all that chemistry is a key element especially in a rom-com, but without many other factors it is not enough to make a drama worth watching. 

Sorry for the long post and for stressing this point, but I thought it was important to say it  at least once,  since of course most discussion about the DVD here is and will be centered only on shippy  stuff. And there is a lot :D Also what is already leaking in IG and twitter is ship-related, as you could expect. But since now we are dealing with materials that are not accessible to everyone (and therefore many people are reading and seeing only "filtered" content, and don't really have all the elements to make a full evaluation), it's too easy to give the wrong impression or create misunderstandings. And I personally I don't want to mislead anyone and reduce these 6 hrs of couple BTS to NamJi's kisses, skinship, etc. only, because I feel it would be even disrespectful of NJH and JCW.

And now that I have said this, I can happily dive in the purely ship-oriented comments myself. :lol::wub:

Will be back later/tomorrow to try and share something more without violating the copyright :wink:

Happy weekend, chingus!

:heart:

Thank you so much for this!!! Looking forward to your next post hehe 

• Like 11

On 4/13/2018 at 6:13 PM, @noodlez_ said:

im curious...on a scale of 1 to 10, how extra were the 2 with their skinship in the bts? lol. how would you compare that from their previous dcuts.

Welcome on board dearie! :)

Shirooo!!! I refuse to give you an answer  chinguya bcz this scale doesn't do justice to our beloved otp !! lol ! :lol:

How about on a scale of 10 to 20? From what I've seen I'll give it a 20. :D 

Anyways since you asked I'll give it a 10+ as per your scale :blush: 

On 4/13/2018 at 10:20 PM, jncjwh said:

There’s definitely one after the laundry basket kiss BTS.. 

PDnims love teasing the couple and Wookie specifically. and the couple loves to tease each other.. 

PDnims teased him after the intense kissing shots for going at it (it’s almost like an action shot), Hyunnie said to Wookie 수고했다 “thanks for the hard work”, Wookie said that back to her (that’s teasing himself), then said to himself, Chang Wook-ah, 수고했다 (that’s teasing her and making jokes).. on many levels this is just so funny and heartwarming as they are just so supportive of each other.

And also after the intense shots they reach out to each other physically to make the supportive connection.. like saying “are you ok are you ok” but not saying out loud for everyone there to hear..

Oh my heartu! Thank you for sharing your thouughts! Means alot dearie! 

Just like we shippers love teasing our otp in a good way our PD nim loves doing it as well. I feel like PD nim and the entire staff are  shippers. Reminds me of those memorable teasings by the staff during the hospital scene where a stafff member told wookie to leave (Ga Ga) lol  and that lips liking and biting bts :tongue: keke :lol:  (poor itchy lips)

I chincha love how you worded  their intense kiss as "action scene" bwahaha lmaoo :lol:

Wookie and hyuni were really supportive of each not just in the bts but also in real life. Reminds me how hyuni said at an interview "It's cold at cherwon and I oppa doesn't catch a cold" and during the radio show she said that "I will visit him at the army" (to which kim ye won said that it would help him a lot at the army). Wookie's interview where he said "I'll cry if she (hyuni) does visit me at the army" was very telling  that he craves her support and doesn't want to act like "of course I can deal with it on my own bcz I don't want to appear less of a man". He was more than willing to let her know how she makes him feel inside. Would he cry if ctj ever visited?? Didn't hyuni say that she wants to be a girlfriend who's supportive to her namja :wub: . She defintely proved it in the BTS and in real life. I'm so grateful to hyuni for being there for wook!

I really loved how they checked on each other and how caring they were  after the 1st kiss. Gosh their eyes definitely talks.

I really love that that they didn't need words to check on each other. They definitely are relationship goals! My poor heartu is a total mess man! :bawling:

Love all your insightful thoughts and body language analyse!

Please keep them coming! :heart:

Its not drought anymore but monsoon. When I thought I was able to move on, look at me being pulled back into the black hole all over again!! I've totally given up on moving on...

Happy shipping everyone!

• Like 24

The timing of their post are killing me!! Omg those amadeus tickets and the amadeus poster! ottokeeee! 

They got the timing right and got the shippers going crazy :bawling:

This ship has too many coincidences.. my poor heartu. 

Is it  really coincidence or a hint? :ph34r: 

DavZuPOU8AA082Q.jpg

Cr. haneulnariru 

Edited by masthu
  • Like 18

14 minutes ago, masthu said:

The timing of their post are killing me!! Omg those amadeus tickets and the amadeus poster! ottokeeee! 

They got the timing right and got the shippers going crazy :bawling:

This ship has too many coincidences.. my poor heartu. 

Is it  really coincidence or a hint? :ph34r: 

DavZuPOU8AA082Q.jpg

Cr. haneulnariru 

whats the post trying to say? sorry i cant understand the language huhu 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, iluvjijicouple said:

whats the post trying to say? sorry i cant understand the language huhu 

remember wook went to watch amadeus during his vacay? Check the tickets. Now look at the poster behind hyuni's pic. Its a poster of Amadeus :D

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, midorinokerochan said:

OK, I've quickly scrolled through the latest pages but I still have to properly backread from page 1511, and I think I have a few posts to reply to. I'll try to do that tomorrow, since RL calls today. But I have seen that people who don't have the dvd are (obviously :wink:) curious, and wondering about the level and amount of skinship in the DVD bts, etc, so I need to throw in my very first impression since I finished watching also the 2nd couple disc a few hours ago.

- I have only rushed through the couple discs (not that I fast-forwarded any part, but did not pause, replay, etc either) for now;

- I was also very tired when I watched, and especially last night when I watched the 2nd disc, 

- I have not watched the general bts yet, which I am sure  will give me/us a much better perspective;

For all the above mentioned reasons, my perception right now is probably strongly flawed. This means that some (but not all) of the things I am going to say here  might need to be revised after I have had the time to check out the entire content of the DVD and also to replay the couple discs. This is also not meant as a comprehensive analysis. I am just jotting down some random impressions to give a general picture to the people who don't have access to the DVD content and have to rely on our comments that will inevitably be a bit vague (because of the copyright issue) and will mainly focus on the shipper stuff (as expected since this is a shipper thread :tongue:

Due to the different tone and nature of the drama scenes (for instance, some required actual skinship beween JiBong, while in others they were just talking, etc.), the tone and nature of the bts also differs. (as it is easy to imagine, for instance skinship in the drama scene means more opportunities for "offcam" skinship, etc.) 

That's not the only difference: I need to go back and rewatch for this (to make sure that I did not miss something because I was sleepy, etc :lol:), but what I remember/felt is that some bts - especially for the early scenes - are really detailed and long, while for other scenes only shorter snippets are included. There might be a lot of reasons for this. Maybe they filmed less BTS footage for the last episodes because they were pressed for time  and the BTS cameraman was busy with other tasks (if it is the same for general bts - which I still have to check out - this could be a very likely conclusion), or maybe this is an editorial choice of our PDnim who selected the content for the DVD. Who knows...

Anyway, think that the BTS in the DVD are different from the BTS released from SBS Catch. Of course, some of the "old" bts are included here too, but here you get to see the bigger picture whereas the SBS Catch BTS  were just highlights. Here you really  get an idea of how they filmed the scenes, and the huge work that even the simplest scene required. 

Digression: I confess that I've never been particularly into filmmaking, etc. so while I've always known of course that there is always a loooot of work and also many nameless people behind every scene that we see on our screens I've rarely bothered to really understand what this means. For my movies, tv series, and dramas I am usually happy to enjoy the final result and that's it. Sometimes I might watch short BTS clips out of curiosity or to see what the atmosphere on set is like but I assure you that  if it had not been for NamJi I wouldn't have bothered to watch 6 hours (!) of this kind of documentary "making of" clips, and definitely I wouldn't have sacrificed 6 hours of sleep to do so. :o But I ended up loving what I saw, as I briefly mentioned in my previous message. Not just the smaller or bigger (in some cases, definitely BIG ^_^) glimpses of NamJi we got through these videos, but everything about these BTS. Starting from the teamwork of all the people involved in creating this drama to the obviously happy atmosphere on the set... to how JCW and NJH worked hard together and with the 2 directors to give us the best possible JiBong and SP.

So, let me say this one last time  to make things clear for the fellow shippers who cannot access all this content and for anyone else who might lurk here to check NamJi shipper's reactions and comments after the DVD...

The "couple BTS" are 6 hours long. Does it means 6 hours of NamJi of being lovey-dovey,  lost in their own world / in each other's eyes? 6 hours of NamJi making out or finding any possible excuse to have skinship with each other? NO. Not at all. 

I was not expecting that. Not only because  of course it would have been inappropriate and not suitable, but above all because I have a high opinion of both NJH and JCW as actors and individuals, and I have no doubt that they are serious and professional about their job. I was not at all disappointed in this regard, and everything I saw further cemented my opinion and respect and love for them. And without this respect and love for them, I could not ship them.

In these couple BTS I saw two people being very professional and working really, really hard even if always in a happy mood.  Two people tirelessly rehearsing their scenes, talking with the directors and attentively listening to them... in this respect, what both of them had said in many  interviews about discussing a lot about their scenes between themselves and with pdnim in order to make them more beautiful, to convey the feelings more effectively, etc. materialized before my eyes. I am incredibly thankful to NJH and JCW for this hard work that is readily apparent from these BTS, because no matter what their real feelings for each other are, without their professionalism and their acting skills JiBong wouldn't have been such a beautiful and enjoyable drama OTP to watch.  

We all know after all that chemistry is a key element especially in a rom-com, but without many other factors it is not enough to make a drama worth watching. 

Sorry for the long post and for stressing this point, but I thought it was important to say it  at least once,  since of course most discussion about the DVD here is and will be centered only on shippy  stuff. And there is a lot :D Also what is already leaking in IG and twitter is ship-related, as you could expect. But since now we are dealing with materials that are not accessible to everyone (and therefore many people are reading and seeing only "filtered" content, and don't really have all the elements to make a full evaluation), it's too easy to give the wrong impression or create misunderstandings. And I personally I don't want to mislead anyone and reduce these 6 hrs of couple BTS to NamJi's kisses, skinship, etc. only, because I feel it would be even disrespectful of NJH and JCW.

And now that I have said this, I can happily dive in the purely ship-oriented comments myself. :lol::wub:

Will be back later/tomorrow to try and share something more without violating the copyright :wink:

Happy weekend, chingus!

Dearie you've expressed how I felt the entire time I was watching the DVD. Take note I was in the same situation as you. Literally dive right in to the couple discs and spent 6+ hours smiling, sweating, blushing, thankful, etc. I guess you can say we all felt lots of mixed emotions while we were watching the couple discs. Then, my curiosity was killing me so I went ahead on watching the special features (I look like a zombie now). All I can say is there are a lot of BTS with the earlier part of the drama to the middle. The last few episodes was less but it was through time crunch. I mean if we remember the last filming was finished in the morning then they had to edit the scenes and the actors had to get glam up for the party. As you mentioned, the amount of work and effort for every scenes was visible in the DVD which opened up my eyes on a whole new level in film making. Also, the DVD makes me appreciate every scenes. 

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, masthu said:

remember wook went to watch amadeus during his vacay? Check the tickets. Now look at the poster behind hyuni's pic. Its a poster of Amadeus :D

It’s the first I noticed too lol 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Just for fun! Hehe. And their timing is also impeccable!

Agreed with u chingu, their timing was just perfect, it almost draught without their updates,.. :wub: even latest or old pics of them their timing almost synchronise, Despite how much i love both of them as my one & only loveable otp in KDrama life & as an excellent actor, actress individually, i always marveled with their surprisingly coincidences seem to signal a profound bond between them, seems like both if them resonating perfectly with the universe.. 

suspicious-partner-kiss.jpg

cf59682fccddf4789f97ae7aa56008f8.jpg

eeaef0ce31dccb39ce6baf11e5173112.jpg

above pics maybe old & all chingus here had seen it countless times & been shared here numerous times, but it never felt dull..:wub: 

Most of us who possessed the director cut may busily watching SP's cut & bts, i just want to start to watch later at midnight when the entire house was asleep, i just took a glimpse from 2nd dvd couple,  fast forward to check the content first, i just got a ghostbump while watching the laundy kiss bts..i think need to prepare some cold water beside me while watching it to cool down my inside body temperature.. LOL

pic ctto..

• Like 19
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, masthu said:

maybe we could track the place where hyunnie was and see if its the same with the picture where wookie went HAHAHAHA or is that too much to do? lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, babyval22 said:
their timing on updates in a while is also impeccable! 

Edit: and she finally changed phone casing. Hahaha!

There seems to be still a sticker or something behind the case.. super curious!! :lol:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, midorinokerochan said:

For all the above mentioned reasons, my perception right now is probably strongly flawed. This means that some (but not all) of the things I am going to say here  might need to be revised after I have had the time to check out the entire content of the DVD and also to replay the couple discs. This is also not meant as a comprehensive analysis. I am just jotting down some random impressions to give a general picture to the people who don't have access to the DVD content and have to rely on our comments that will inevitably be a bit vague (because of the copyright issue) and will mainly focus on the shipper stuff (as expected since this is a shipper thread :tongue:

Digression: I confess that I've never been particularly into filmmaking, etc. so while I've always known of course that there is always a loooot of work and also many nameless people behind every scene that we see on our screens I've rarely bothered to really understand what this means. For my movies, tv series, and dramas I am usually happy to enjoy the final result and that's it. Sometimes I might watch short BTS clips out of curiosity or to see what the atmosphere on set is like but I assure you that  if it had not been for NamJi I wouldn't have bothered to watch 6 hours (!) of this kind of documentary "making of" clips, and definitely I wouldn't have sacrificed 6 hours of sleep to do so. :o But I ended up loving what I saw, as I briefly mentioned in my previous message. Not just the smaller or bigger (in some cases, definitely BIG ^_^) glimpses of NamJi we got through these videos, but everything about these BTS. Starting from the teamwork of all the people involved in creating this drama to the obviously happy atmosphere on the set... to how JCW and NJH worked hard together and with the 2 directors to give us the best possible JiBong and SP.

Happy weekend, chingus!

Thanks for the detailed analysis . So I just wanted to ask that even when they are showing their professionalism, do they still give us that heart fluttering couple vibe ? 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, daloula said:

We also have a hyunnie update:

Nice to see Hyunni again..yeppoe!^_^

Now as for the new cp casing...green represents the turtle color... lmao :lol: ayt, that's a bit lame..hehe..mianhe 

(that's just me being delusional)

(lack of words coz dcut isn't on my hands, just yet...brain isn't working) sigh :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Hi ladies! Happy to see you spazzing! 

Really hard not to connect the dots with the recent photos that surfaced from these 2. We all know wookie was last seen in public when he watched the musical and why would Hyunnie pose a photo with the Amadeus poster. Also, have to agree with @achinawa but green represents a turtle. Are these still to be considered coincidences? Aww, my heartu. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 4

36 minutes ago, ptp321 said:

Yes!!!! Trying hard to not violate any copyright issues, so I will be ambiguous as much as possible, but there’s a lot of reassuring hugs, pats on the back, arms around each other, subtle touches, stolen glances, inside jokes (where just 2 of them laughing and no one else),  and hand holding even after the PD has yelled cut.  And for those who think NJH is more reserved in showing her affection, I can assure you she’s just as touchy-feely. :wub:  

Last week as I was talking to my co-worker, none of those thoughts has ever crossed my mind, so it’s up to viewers to be the judge.  I do have to make note that the PD’s laugh has really stolen my heart!  I love the sound of his laughter.  It’s so infectious.

After reading all those analysis i was wondering if they r just hard-working co- actors who are comfortable with each other. But really thanks for your review i got some re assurance.

I can't wait for my dcut now..:)

• Like 12