[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad   Chingu,  where did you read the novel? Is it translated?  Alot of fans do get dramatic when the books they read aren't exactly as the book. I say who cares, what matters is the execution and how the cast portray their characters.  

link to the book, only one person is translating it so, its going slowly

https://trackest.blog/

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42898589992_61f61ea671_c.jpg

“Yuan Bao, if you keep eating and you become so fat, how can you accomplish the tasks I give you? Then, I may have to send you back home. “

” Noooooo, master. I love you!!! Don’t send me back home!”

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad   Chingu,  where did you read the novel? Is it translated?  Alot of fans do get dramatic when the books they read aren't exactly as the book. I say who cares, what matters is the execution and how the cast portray their characters.  

@UnniSarah you took the words right out of my mouth! Lol

I really don't understand why people is always expecting the drama to follow the books strictly. 

I'm liking it so far too. The wait for the next episode is really killing me. I sort of regretted for not waiting. Now I am forced to look forward to every Monday till the drama ended. :D

Alright so I will keep faith that the writers won't mess with the ending.  Also I've now seen this one particular scene repeated at the end of two officially released videos and it has given me positive hope of a HE.  If nothing else I will just enjoy it now and can always flip some tables after the final credits roll :phew: 

Spoiler

Fuyao in the red dress cuddling into the prince's shoulder, shown after the blood shed scenes in the trailer.

Introduction BTS

Same scene also at the end of the latest released OST video from the production company's Youtube

This is a fun one in case anyone hasn't seen it.  It's from their press conference and I thought it was hilarious how apparently Yang Mi had to teach Ethan all the moves on how to make her character fall for his :lol:

2 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Alright so I will keep faith that the writers won't mess with the ending.  Also I've now seen this one particular scene repeated at the end of two officially released videos and it has given me positive hope of a HE.  If nothing else I will just enjoy it now and can always flip some tables after the final credits roll :phew: 

Hide contents

Fuyao in the red dress cuddling into the prince's shoulder, shown after the blood shed scenes in the trailer.

Introduction BTS

Same scene also at the end of the latest released OST video from the production company's Youtube

This is a fun one in case anyone hasn't seen it.  It's from their press conference and I thought it was hilarious how apparently Yang Mi had to teach Ethan all the moves on how to make her character fall for his :lol:

Only look at these if you want spoilers or ok with spoilers. 

https://v.mydramalist.com/21f/21f2a5c3244b531186b4e7f91d555861.mp4

Huge spoiler in this trailer i think.. check out the last 40 seconds..Looks like she sorta turns evil ;p 

Same for this trailer i wonder who are words are directed at.

What about the scenes here. 

Yay! I finally found a thread dedicated to the drama... But they are not enough discussions on it.. Only 7 pages.             :-( Anyone here reads Chinese and knows the ending as in how does things come together? Does that kind soul mind PM me and spoil me silly. I don't wanna invest too heavily if it is a sad sending. Life is tough enough. I don't want to be crying my eyes out at the end.... 

From the trailer, it looks like Fuyao is going to turn evil??? And it looks like she stab Wuji on the chest, no? If she turns evil, I hope rherea a food reason for it.

Spoiler

so sad when uncle Zhou died :(.

Also the Pian girl is so rude and evil, she totally deserve her 

Spoiler

face slash.

Our OTP first kiss on the water!! :D!!! 

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Only look at these if you want spoilers or ok with spoilers. 

https://v.mydramalist.com/21f/21f2a5c3244b531186b4e7f91d555861.mp4

Huge spoiler in this trailer i think.. check out the last 40 seconds..Looks like she sorta turns evil ;p 

Same for this trailer i wonder who are words are directed at.

What about the scenes here. 

Spoiler

Looks like she experienced temporary “cultivation insanity” and ended up stabbing him.  I’m sure he’ll turn out fine in the end though lol.  The DramaFever trailer has that same scene I mentioned too at the end of the trailer.  Them hugging each other.  

Cute BTS and slightly spoiler-ish.  It seems we’ll get fanserviced with topless prince Wuji :P

50 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Yay! I finally found a thread dedicated to the drama... But they are not enough discussions on it.. Only 7 pages.             :-( Anyone here reads Chinese and knows the ending as in how does things come together? Does that kind soul mind PM me and spoil me silly. I don't wanna invest too heavily if it is a sad sending. Life is tough enough. I don't want to be crying my eyes out at the end.... 

This is someone’s summary of the novel.  You can find out the ending there :)

http://www.books.shushengbar.com/?p=8134

And you can read a more detailed novel summary from this post here.

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2018/06/new-trailer-for-yang-mis-legend-of-fu-yao-air-date-confirmed-in-june.html#more-24615

28 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2018/06/new-trailer-for-yang-mis-legend-of-fu-yao-air-date-confirmed-in-june.html#more-24615

Thanks! I do hope they stick to it. I don't mind changing in between. How I wish I read Chinese. The English translation for the novel is slow... TT

8 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Those summary's sound good i hope for a good ending. 

I started ep 1 yest and finished ep 8 today.

If I have 58 more episodes. And there are already pre-warnings she turns evil or dies, then I guess I am out of here. Since I am enjoying this drama immensely and don't want to know what happens 

How the heck do people go through 58 more episodes when they know the ending? I am commenting and then staying far away. I haven't actually reached a discussion post yet. Just keep reading about where to get endings. Plus accidentally noticing she turns evil because of the comments. I don't try to look at the beginning songs too much. I just spent way too many times researching a modern CDrama lately all because I could not find a kissing scene within the 34 episodes. The scene was in the song. It drove me insane looking for it.

8 episodes a week? Mama mia. I keep forgetting what Cdramas are like since I watch them so rarely.

38 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I started ep 1 yest and finished ep 8 today.

If I have 58 more episodes. And there are already pre-warnings she turns evil or dies, then I guess I am out of here. Since I am enjoying this drama immensely and don't want to know what happens 

How the heck do people go through 58 more episodes when they know the ending? I am commenting and then staying far away. I haven't actually reached a discussion post yet. Just keep reading about where to get endings. Plus accidentally noticing she turns evil because of the comments. I don't try to look at the beginning songs too much. I just spent way too many times researching a modern CDrama lately all because I could not find a kissing scene within the 34 episodes. The scene was in the song. It drove me insane looking for it.

8 episodes a week? Mama mia. I keep forgetting what Cdramas are like since I watch them so rarely.

I dont think she will die or turn fully evil , those were mosly based on trailers etc.. which most have seen , people are not saying that's what happens. 

@CatWhiskers  Welcome chingu  , Not all Cdramas forum are very active. If enough fans want to discuss, then it will be active. 

10 hours ago, rosierosie said:

From the trailer, it looks like Fuyao is going to turn evil??? And it looks like she stab Wuji on the chest, no? If she turns evil, I hope rherea a food reason for it.

Reveal hidden contents

so sad when uncle Zhou died :(.

Also the Pian girl is so rude and evil, she totally deserve her 

Reveal hidden contents

face slash.

Our OTP first kiss on the water!! :D!!! 

@rosierosie ... Love your comment above about Pei Yuan  LOL LOL 

Spoiler

I agree chingu  Pei Yuan deserved what happend to her. SHe deserved because she thought she was special and beautiful. Looking at her just like Jinchen said she is EVIL, selfish and a liar. When Jinchen laughed at her circumstances , I think he believes she deserve it. Since he is such a sucker, he started feeling sorry for her. 

Just finished lurking thru the entire page. Seems like a lot of hints abt Fuyao became evil or dies at the end. I would really want to read the book myself but heard that the story was changed a lot so not gonna waste times. If I’m going to compare this drama to another drama probably its going to be <Journey of A Flower>.

-Somewhat same situation in both plot: 1.)female lead is considered to be the danger of the entire world. 2.) male lead must kill the female lead. 3.) however both fell in love. 4.) Male lead would have to protect female lead no matter what & caused a lot controversies. 5.) female lead becomes evil.

- So I’m expecting a lot of stuffs. What’s important about the ending is that no matter how it’s turn out, either HE or SE, it should fit and is logical to the viewers. After TMOPB, Yang Mi definitely knows her fans and viewers well enough. My guess is that it’s going to be a HE since the drama must follow the book. If I’m a director or a script writer, I’m not going to be stupid enough to change the ending. Having to remove time traveling is already a huge change of the plot. If they going to change the ending too then the criticisms the entire crew going to receive is NO JOKE. Aside from that, the policy of 100 historical drama episodes had became a big issue for television channels. So for Zhejiang TV to put this 66 eps drama out is already giving hint of them expecting a huge success just like TMOPB, not criticisms.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdet-1iefejeBw9LU8sCCmaxresdefault.jpgFuyao+16.jpg    Just Loving Legend Of Fuyao....:wub:

Yang Mi continues to draw me in again and again.  Her character here as FY has been amazing so far I am currently on episode 8 and know nothing about it other than what I have seen.  But so far it quickly caught my attention although it didn't hurt that there is such amazing talent in this drama and I look forward to seeing what's ahead.  And hoping more join us too!!!:heart:

5 hours ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Just finished lurking thru the entire page. Seems like a lot of hints abt Fuyao became evil or dies at the end. I would really want to read the book myself but heard that the story was changed a lot so not gonna waste times. If I’m going to compare this drama to another drama probably its going to be <Journey of A Flower>.

-Somewhat same situation in both plot: 1.)female lead is considered to be the danger of the entire world. 2.) male lead must kill the female lead. 3.) however both fell in love. 4.) Male lead would have to protect female lead no matter what & caused a lot controversies. 5.) female lead becomes evil.

I’m curious if you’ve started watching the show yet?  From what I know of the book and the changes made were particularly of the beginning and some characters.  The beginning due to China’s ban on time traveling in ancient dramas(Fuyao was a modern woman transported back to the ancient world) so I guess it makes it more compelling to go for the classic trope of underdog who was underestimated by almost everyone becoming one of the most powerful beings in the end who will save them.  Which is what it seems they’ve set up so far from the aired episodes.  

This is where I see it being different from JoAF.  The male lead is on his own mission to save the kingdom and happens to come across this lowly servant girl that no one cared about, yet he is intrigued by something special in her.  In the process they fall in love and unite to protect the kingdom.  This part is my deduction from what has been shown so far in that although there are all these political figures at play against each other.  The real evil is actually the magical being that Fuyao released when she fell into the underwater level.  It’s kind of giving me Game of Thrones feels.  I’m guessing her being possessed in the end might have something to do with the final boss battle.  Guess we’ll only find out once the finale airs.  

The other change I mentioned was about some character changes such as the addition of Fuyao’s servant friend, Xiaoqui.  And the cutting of some of the love interests, because apparently there are 8 men in love with her in the novel.  This i’m happy about because I find it annoying when EVERYONE and their mother falls in love with the heroine.  That trope is lame lol.

As of right now I’ve come to expect that we will have a happy ending.  However even if it turns out sad, as you’ve said, as long as it makes sense with the flow of the story then I’m fine with it.  I’m just happy with the quality of production(actors, cinematography, OST) that are being shown right now and being able to obsess over a drama again because the last time this happened to me was TMoPB.    

Archived