[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

On 11/3/2018 at 11:54 PM, phoenixfire25 said:

I really didn't feel even for a second that Tao is younger than her. And I think you feel like that, it's not because of the looks but characters; Her character in that drama is more mature compared to him.

That’s how I felt too. I don’t think their 7 years age difference is a problem. Sometimes people just have this prejudice when actresses is older than the actors just because they think it’s not appropriate. 

Yang mi’s new movie poster

Assassins in Red

E0B8F437-0917-47D8-BFDE-4795D19547FF.jpe

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dramaaddiction said:

I'm glad yang mi will still have fans supporting her series no matter what. I don't mind if the story is written so that yang mi's character is older than deng lun's, but I will take issue if yang mi's character is written to be the same age or younger than deng lun. as much as i love yang mi, in no way does she look the same age as deng lun or younger. as much I loved watching you from another star, I took issues still with the main female lead looking older than the male lead even though he was an alien who is much older than her (but I suppose aliens maintain a more youthful appearance compared to humans).

also, while watching fuyao, I did cringe at the thought of yang mi playing a 17 year old character but because ethan ruan looked age appropriate for her, I was totally fine with the pairing and wanted more of them.

again, I'm glad yang mi has some great fans here. I do agree that if men can be paired up with much younger actresses for similar aged character, then yang mi should be able to as well. but I also cringe when the male leads look so much older than the female leads.

anyhow, yang mi is going to star in a hugely anticipated movie "assassins in red." I'm not sure how big her role will be as this appears to be more male centric based on the plot and not romance base. I'm very excited about this movie as this is another big opportunity for her although i prefer her to stay in drama land. this is not an idol movie at all. it's a movie that has been 3 years in the making prior to shooting. =) click on the link below for dramapanda's article.

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/yang-mi-and-lei-jiayins-assassins-in.html

i'm agree with you...the male leads look so much older than the female leads is a problem for me too, but if his face still fresh and younger maybe like yangmi's husband hawick lau. i'm still okay.about yangmi new drama with denglun, i hope they can have balance in appearance, because i love yangmi and now from ashes of love, I also started to like denglun, I think he has good acting, well he's also handsome with his manly style that I like too,  I found his gaze that was quite stunning and binding on the heart in this series too and well... maybe we must try to watched yangmi collaboration with denglun too.:joy:

10 hours ago, Di~ said:

That’s how I felt too. I don’t think their 7 years age difference is a problem. Sometimes people just have this prejudice when actresses is older than the actors just because they think it’s not appropriate. 

Yang mi’s new movie poster

Assassins in Red

E0B8F437-0917-47D8-BFDE-4795D19547FF.jpe

^ Really excited for this since I really enjoyed the Brotherhood of the Blade films. For the second film with YM, such a waste that they only hinted at feelings between CC and YM’s characters in the latter part of film! Still great films and so looking forward to this.

Guys FYI on the latest Cdrama batch: Ever Night is good! Super impressed after only thinking to random give fresh cast a chance. Hooked by only watched 2 episodes; it will sidetrack my progress on ROTPs!! 

7 hours ago, stella77 said:

^ Really excited for this since I really enjoyed the Brotherhood of the Blade films. For the second film with YM, such a waste that they only hinted at feelings between CC and YM’s characters in the latter part of film! Still great films and so looking forward to this.

Guys FYI on the latest Cdrama batch: Ever Night is good! Super impressed after only thinking to random give fresh cast a chance. Hooked by only watched 2 episodes; it will sidetrack my progress on ROTPs!! 

I'm totally saving ever night until it is fully subbed. It looks great.

also di, I have no problems with older actresses acting with younger actors. you make too many assumptions. I find it hard to appreciate the series when the actress "looks" older and is suppose to be much younger compared to the male lead. yang mi doesn't have to act with older actors for me to appreciate. i just want someone who is compatible with her in terms of looks. i still don't understand your hate for ethan as yang mi's costart to this day but to each her own.

ever night is a fine example of me having no problem with the leads although the female lead actress is 5 years older than the male lead in real life since she looks incredibly young for her age and looks younger than the male lead too.

7 hours ago, stella77 said:

Wow I'll give this a try :D Thanks!

8 hours ago, stella77 said:

so agree with you about brotherhood of the blade movies. They are great! 

31 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

also di, I have no problems with older actresses acting with younger actors. you make too many assumptions. I find it hard to appreciate the series when the actress "looks" older and is suppose to be much younger compared to the male lead. yang mi doesn't have to act with older actors for me to appreciate. i just want someone who is compatible with her in terms of looks. i still don't understand your hate for ethan as yang mi's costart to this day but to each her own.

Looks are so important for you, I get it. You always complain about yang mi’s looks. You said there is no way she will look younger than Deng Lun, maybe yes but then so what? You said it like it’s some kind of a big deal. Many people don’t think so and you always come here to complain about that. That’s why I made it clear for you that Yang Mi and Deng Lun will play characters with the same age, so you can maybe decide not to watch it from the beginning. 

and who’s here made assumptions. I just said that I don’t think ethan compatible with yang mi in terms of looks. Hate is a strong word. And I’m tired reading your opinion AS IF Ethan is the only actor that is suitable for Yang Mi. 

Sorry to go off topic

Spoiler

but the newbies leads of Ever Night are quite solid! Especially Chen Feiyu as Ning Que. Need more episodes for to see how well Song Yiren does as Sang Sang but so far she's ok. She is very tiny in terms of physical structure and I was also surprised she is older in real life than Feiyu lol. It's nice to see all the veteran actors in various roles too. Outstanding cinematography and action scenes and the narrative is quite strong/touching.

I do hope one day YM and Ethan can work together again; just like I hope to see her work again with Mark C. I'm now waiting for my Fuyao DVDs - gonna save to rewatch over the end of the year holidays since my company is forcing me to use my days this year. 

hm... about the different age of female role with male role, I will not discuss it again, because I consider this an understanding from each different, so I still respect different views, and most importantly our goals are the same, we are fans of ethan and yangmi...we love our wufu couple :wub::heart:

here maybe I would like to say a little about my opinion, after watching the ashes of love, because acting yangzi really changed my view of her before, she was indeed a good actress in my opinion, maybe before I misunderstood and doubted her acting, but after watching the ashes of love, maybe it opened my eyes to her acting skill and I can say her acting is not inferior to Yangmi and yeah..  she is greata ctress too, she really deeply explored all her feelings and facial expressions in playing that series, I salute with her and for denglun I like his acting here too, maybe after this makes me very curious about his collaboration with Yangmi.and honestly i fell in love with denglun and yangzi chemistry. they really did great on that series.:thumbsup:

and now i want to say , our prince wuji got number 1 on voting for best actor, historical drama category ....yeah... we will see him win awards on 24 huading awards event on november 9th , yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I was impatiently waiting for the event.does Yangmi will attend on this event too? i want to see they can meet each other again...it must be very sweet...:wub: and for yangmi, although she not win on this awards, but i will hope she can get awards from fuyao on another events.

and don't forget for ethan fans , tomorrow is his birthday . this awards will be the great present for him :heart:

Hi hi. I saw news about the Tencent upcoming dramas and saw that Yang Mi will be the lead start of a NEW Novoland drama; it's called Pearl Eclipse. This surprised me. Let's hope it's a better script, cast and production crew than previous Novoland dramas.  I am curious and little bit excited but yet worried because looked at how Tribes and Empires turned out. Even if it was probably the best Novoland adaptations to date, I didn't care for it because of plot/production/too slow (except kudos to shooting out in the real world for nice cinematography). Ever Night has also raised the bar of expectations too.

I just found out the rating of Fuyao in Douban is so low, actually I don't really care about the rating, but I had the chance to read their comments which gave a lot of 1 stars. They all commented on Mimi's acting. I really don't understand haters.<_<

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Hi hi. I saw news about the Tencent upcoming dramas and saw that Yang Mi will be the lead start of a NEW Novoland drama; it's called Pearl Eclipse. This surprised me. Let's hope it's a better script, cast and production crew than previous Novoland dramas.  I am curious and little bit excited but yet worried because looked at how Tribes and Empires turned out. Even if it was probably the best Novoland adaptations to date, I didn't care for it because of plot/production/too slow (except kudos to shooting out in the real world for nice cinematography). Ever Night has also raised the bar of expectations too. 

i'm sorry i don't understand about the novoland drama . what's the novoland drama? sorry maybe my knowledge is a bit lacking in drama  :joy:

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

I just found out the rating of Fuyao in Douban is so low, actually I don't really care about the rating, but I had the chance to read their comments which gave a lot of 1 stars. They all commented on Mimi's acting. I really don't understand haters.<_<

i'm sorry i don't understand about the novoland drama . what's the novoland drama? sorry maybe my knowledge is a bit lacking in drama  :joy:

Novoland is a fantasy series of Chinese novels inspired by Lord of the Rings. There are like over 30 novels to date to which some have been adapted for TV dramas (Castle in the Sky; Legend of Naga Pearls; Tribes and Empires). The novels are written by several authors but all set in this fictional universe etc. I've not read any of the novels or seen the previous dramas although I tried really hard to watch Tribes and Empires but didn't make it lol.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, stella77 said:

Wow! Excited to see YangMi in this universe...She would be very lovely...any idea who would be her partner? Thanks

Archived